Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are kavats so much harder to get than kubrows?

S.Dust

They rarely show up in derilects for you to scan them, you can't find them anywhere else, when you scan one it's no guaranteed to give you the DNA, and if you choose to bite the bullet and just by kavat DNA it cost 50 plat for all ten when 1 kurbrow egg only cost 10 plat. 

Why is it so much harder to get a kavat than it is to get a kubrow? This just came to notice since I was trying to get a kavat so I can let it get infected when the new one comes out. Honestly the process is just annoying not because it's tedious but because they literally only have one location where we can find them, while its the same for kubrows the odds of getting a kubrow egg seem so much higher I have 3 right now with no intention of using them.

Edited by S.Dust
  • Like 4

There's usually a set 2 spawns of at least 2 Kavats per spawn (increases with amount of players) per derelict. Chances are you're killing them without seeing them (since they're cloaked at first) or you're not searching thoroughly cos the derelicts are quite large. Try using a max range, min pwr str Nezha and spam your 4 to find them. The spears will impale them but not kill, making them easy to scan.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Like 1

Just now, Shoryuu said:

I use Equinox and put everything to sleep lol 

Do they uncloak when you do that? The reason I used Nezha was for the speed bonus cos when I was operator fashibf through the derelicts I was accidentally killing them with focus powers. In any case since more spawn with player increase it's best to do it in a group while doing vault runs.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

There's usually a set 2 spawns of at least 2 Kavats per spawn (increases with amount of players) per derelict. Chances are you're killing them without seeing them (since they're cloaked at first) or you're not searching thoroughly cos the derelicts are quite large. Try using a max range, min pwr str Nezha and spam your 4 to find them. The spears will impale them but not kill, making them easy to scan.

Scans don't have a 100 percent chance of giving dna.

When I did it, there were 3 to 5 or 6 at times. I'm sorry I cant remember which derelict I was on. It was probably a capture or edit: not assasinate, the one where you kill a lot: something easy to finish so you just concentrate on finding them. They're usually in a group or near each other.

Sleep them with equinox or use the kinetic siphons.

It's a farm, you wont get a drop every time. I was doing it for a couple hrs, got annoyed, took a break and went back to it. Not an easy process, such is mmo life

Edited by (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu

9 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Do they uncloak when you do that? The reason I used Nezha was for the speed bonus cos when I was operator fashibf through the derelicts I was accidentally killing them with focus powers. In any case since more spawn with player increase it's best to do it in a group while doing vault runs.

Nah they don't uncloak

Makes sense because Kavats are actually useful for something 😄 

They are always present somewhere in Derelict. I mostly see them in the cross section tiles or the sewer tile. But as mentioned above, you can get a ton of scans at a point in the Sands Of Inaros quest.

Also, scans are affected by resource booster.

• Like 1

I don't see anything inherently wrong with Kavats being a bit harder to get than Kubrows, there should be some variety in how long things take to grind. And the grind for Kavats isn't unreasonably long, just a bit tedious. And to that end farming for Kubrow eggs isn't the most engaging experience either. I mean, if farming for a Kubrow took ten minutes and farming for a Kavat took ten hours there would be a problem. But the difference is fair in my opinion.

I think there is an argument that can be made for making the farm for Kavats and Kubrows a bit more engaging, but the time it takes to grind them is fine.

• Like 1

Recruit for a DNA hunting squad if you can, because as mentioned above, their numbers really do increase with each squad member. Don't forget to buy the cross-matrix widget for your synthesis scanner from Simaris! I've heard before that using Nezha's 4 won't give you any DNA due to a bug, I'm not sure if it's fixed yet, so use with caution.

Kavats are really a pain to farm, you're not alone... They were released later on, so maybe that's why, they like to put new stuff behind a grind wall. Either to keep you playing, or make you buy the stuff with plats. Personally I don't mind the kavat grind, I like the kind of games that make me look for needles in a haystack. But for you I suggest not to incubate that kavat until the update drops, there may be a tiny chance it matters if you're infecting a Smeeta or an Adarza (no source for this, haven't heard anywhere, I just tend to assume everything can go wrong will go wrong).

14 hours ago, S.Dust said:

They rarely show up in derilects for you to scan them, you can't find them anywhere else, when you scan one it's no guaranteed to give you the DNA, and if you choose to bite the bullet and just by kavat DNA it cost 50 plat for all ten when 1 kurbrow egg only cost 10 plat.

I have no answer only a guess.  It is another time sink delay created by DE that never got adjusted.

15 hours ago, Zilchy said:

I use limbo and stay in the rift but the searching is still manual Helios can help though also ore gaze might be good for this. (it scans all targets in an area)

Edited by spirit_of_76

5 hours ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I use limbo and stay in the rift but the searching is still manual Helios can help though also ore gaze might be good for this. (it scans all targets in an area)

Trust me try Nezha. It removes the manual searching, just press 4 in each room with max range and no pwr str so that you don't kill it.