Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are kavats so much harder to get than kubrows?

S.Dust

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I didn't doubt you not everyone has Nesha though granted he's well brother easy to get and all

He's in dojo now so it shouldn't be too hard for most people, more just suggesting to give it a go, I tried many different methods of making the cats easy to find while not killing them. This was the best solution I found and had the bonus of Nezha speed for navigating the large derelicts. If only the damn things weren't always cloaked..🙂

Edited by Zilchy

29 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

He's in dojo now so it shouldn't be too hard for most people, more just suggesting to give it a go, I tried many different methods of making the cats easy to find while not killing them. This was the best solution I found and had the bonus of Nezha speed for navigating the large derelicts. If only the damn things weren't always cloaked..🙂

The issue isn't acquisition difficulty or even cost of manufactured the issue is slot cost. I have a limbo he also has a potato oh, I do not have a slot for nezha however and therefore he does not have a potato. My suggestion of limbo/ ore gaze was simply as an alternative not a suggestion that either one would be better.

57 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

The issue isn't acquisition difficulty or even cost of manufactured the issue is slot cost. I have a limbo he also has a potato oh, I do not have a slot for nezha however and therefore he does not have a potato. My suggestion of limbo/ ore gaze was simply as an alternative not a suggestion that either one would be better.

Apologies, I often forget such things are an issue for new players.

4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Trust me try Nezha. It removes the manual searching, just press 4 in each room with max range and no pwr str so that you don't kill it.

Or if you're looking for some engagement in your kavat hunt, try Garuda's 2. Completely immobilizes them and prevents them from dying. Great for random squads!

1 minute ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Or if you're looking for some engagement in your kavat hunt, try Garuda's 2. Completely immobilizes them and prevents them from dying. Great for random squads!

Nice alternative. I think any ability that renders them visible and immobile should do the trick. Just have to have an ability with range that removes their cloaking.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Nice alternative. I think any ability that renders them visible and immobile should do the trick. Just have to have an ability with range that removes their cloaking.

Ideally, if you're specifically hunting codes, you want to get stealth scans on them (meaning you don't want to break their cloak at all). Stealth scans count as 2 scans at once, allowing you to possibly get 2 codes off 1 kavat. If they're already visible though, may as well stab and grab.

4 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Ideally, if you're specifically hunting codes, you want to get stealth scans on them (meaning you don't want to break their cloak at all). Stealth scans count as 2 scans at once, allowing you to possibly get 2 codes off 1 kavat. If they're already visible though, may as well stab and grab.

Ah yeh good point. Tbh I recommend anyone who wants scans to find someone who hasn't done Sands of Inaros and do it with them to scan the 50 or so that spawn during that quest.

On 2019-10-20 at 9:08 PM, S.Dust said:

They rarely show up in derilects for you to scan them, you can't find them anywhere else, when you scan one it's no guaranteed to give you the DNA, and if you choose to bite the bullet and just by kavat DNA it cost 50 plat for all ten when 1 kurbrow egg only cost 10 plat. 

Why is it so much harder to get a kavat than it is to get a kubrow? This just came to notice since I was trying to get a kavat so I can let it get infected when the new one comes out. Honestly the process is just annoying not because it's tedious but because they literally only have one location where we can find them, while its the same for kubrows the odds of getting a kubrow egg seem so much higher I have 3 right now with no intention of using them.

Some tips: Do the Cephalon Simaris daily and buy the Scanner upgrades. Most importantly the one that allows 1 scan to count as 2 and also the one that gives you unlimited scans. Once you have these then do the Inaros Quest and in the Second Mission of that quest, there are a LOT of Kavats. IIRC I think I got like 30-40 DNA from this mission. Sadly you can only do this once so come prepared or you will miss out. As someone else mentioned Resource Boosters also help. If you have the Double Scan upgrade and a resource booster, you can get up to 4 DNA per Kavat.

On 2019-10-20 at 9:55 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I noticed a decent amount of them during the nightwave boss fight. 

I ran the NW Boss primarily solo and scanned lots of those Kavats and NONE of them gave DNA. It might have been a bug, but I think they may have disabled it in that mission because there were so many and they didn't want it used as a Kavat farm.

short answer: they are way better, which is probably why u are farming them right now and got so frustrated that you had to make a post about it.

long answer: you are not farming them right, 2 groups spawn, you can spot them with the scanner highlight and you can get double dna from 1 scan with the upgrade. there are a thousand ways to keep them in place without bringing a specific frame but if you are struggling just bring a sleep equinox. getting red crits or double kuva or double anything for the entire game is way stronger than a dog, cant believe someone actually asked this obvious question unless he is trolling and i just wasted 2 minutes