Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem upcoming with the new Pexilus slot

Alpha56

• Pexilus Mod Slot: An extra Mod Slot for primary and secondary weapons, exclusively for Utility Mods!

• Three additional purchasable Upgrade and Appearance configs, meaning you can expand it up to 6 total per Warframe and Weapon!

For the upcoming update The Old Blood, please consider adding 14 (15) (18) free mod points when applying the new Pexilus slot for weapons for a total of 74 (75) (78) instead of 60.

I say 74 or more by reference, because it's the same for the warframes with the aura slot.

Currently when i see what i have in my arsenal, i have a weapon with 2 primed mods and a Riven in slots, for a total of 7 slots with polarities, with 3 points left (even worse, i have a mod with 7 drain on my last slot not formated).

I will not have the possibility to add a full ranked exilus mod without having the 9 slots with polarities.

What would be the purpose of purchasable upgrade configs if i have all the slots formated ? Versability should always be encouraged.

This is broken by design if it don't come with some additionnal points, it worked on warframes, just because we have aura slots that give 14 to 18 free points.

Maybe it's what you planned but i can't see mention of that somewhere.

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 1

i'm not even really sure it's going to be a problem for 95% of Guns. Guns don't have that many expensive Mods to Equip simultaneously, so only a certain few combinations would even run out of points, tbh.

now, if we acquired more expensive non-Damage Mods in the future, that would certainly change things.

54 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

For the upcoming update The Old Blood, please consider adding 14 (15) (18) free mod points when applying the new Pexilus slot for weapons for a total of 74 (75) (78) instead of 60.

I say 74 or more by reference, because it's the same for the warframes with the aura slot.

I believe you know the difference between aura and exilus mod so try explaining why should exilus mods on weapons be different than the one on warframe?

il y a 8 minutes, 844448 a dit :

I believe you know the difference between aura and exilus mod so try explaining why should exilus mods on weapons be different than the one on warframe?

Because we had Aura slots before Exilus slots on warframes. Aura mods give us points, so we're allowed to use Exilus slots without much problem.

Simple.

Edited by Alpha56

13 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Because we had Aura slots before Exilus slots on warframes. Aura mods give us points, so we're allowed to use Exilus slots without much problem.

Simple.

That doesn't answer why pexilus mod should give points when it's not an aura. Doesn't matter if aura comes first or not, there's no reason to give more points. You can put more forma if you want to use it, no need to whine over an optional slot

il y a 9 minutes, 844448 a dit :

That doesn't answer why pexilus mod should give points when it's not an aura. Doesn't matter if aura comes first or not, there's no reason to give more points. You can put more forma if you want to use it, no need to whine over an optional slot

The addition of new additionnal arsenal configurations tabs + Pexilus slot should still give us the liberty of versability, or it will phagocytize the whole point.

You still not see ?

I hope not, for you.

Edited by Alpha56
  • Like 2

Jeez so many of these threads complaining about a system that hasn't been released to fully test yet and do people forget forma are a thing? You know that thing that reducea mod by half?

Do you think if i start doing 50 push ups everytime one of these threads pop up before the update hits i can get jacked? I think it might be possible

il y a 32 minutes, (XB1)The Neko Otaku a dit :

Jeez so many of these threads complaining about a system that hasn't been released to fully test yet and do people forget forma are a thing? You know that thing that reducea mod by half?

Do you think if i start doing 50 push ups everytime one of these threads pop up before the update hits i can get jacked? I think it might be possible

Do you know that a 9 forma weapon would be a real downgrade right ?

And why wanting to wait the release to test ?

To test, what exactly ? It's primary math, addition, subtraction, division...

I'm impressionned by the commentary, part of warframe community is becoming really toxic, i mean really.

Edited by Alpha56

2 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

And why wanting to wait the release to test ?

To test, what exactly ? It's primary math, addition, subtraction, division... elementry math.

I'm impressionned by the commentary, part of warframe community is becoming really toxic, i mean really.

It's also becoming lazy, which is why you got annoyed responses. 

Just now, Alpha56 said:

Okay so here we go, where is DE statement about this then since you're not lazy and you know it ?

Now see, you added that to the very end of your opening comment, the rest of it basically reads as a knee jerk complaint to unreleased content which had already been covered in an earlier thread you would've seen if you'd looked for 5 seconds.

4 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Okay so here we go, where is DE statement about this then since you're not lazy and you know it ?

They literally said that during the latest Devstream. Hell, Reb even commented that she had some mods under ranked to fit in the exilus mod. There's absolutely no reason for it to work any different from how it does for Warframes.

It should be considered because of the complications of the dread D polarity, I really won't be able to determine if making it a free slot is necessary or not until I can try it on a weapon but it is a bit concerning. You can say switch out the prime mods for the regular ones all you like but with how formaing a weapon works now, some setups will be annoying if they need to utilize a D. If they want to give us extra points but enforce some sort of grind, they could just make it so formaing a weapon a certain number of times ups the cap like an aura was pinned onto a weapon. Would make future weapons be a little annoying though, like whenever we get weapons that have enough of the preferred polarities so you don' have to forma it too much. 

Edited by (PS4)AllOrNothinDays

12 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Oh no another forma to the build truly the end times

13 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

Totally nothing to do with another crappy kneejerk thread with some guy losing their mind over an optional mod slot.

• Like 1

I disagree,

We currently dont have a pexilus slot (lazy naming convention) and our guns are fine.

I do not see a reason why gaining mod points would be needed after that slot is introduced.

i personally dont see any use for this on 90% of my weapons ,of the 10% weapons i actually just use maybe 2,

Please let me know why DE would want to reduce a reason to use forma ?

6 minutes ago, Mover-NeRo said:

It wont add capacity. To use it you will need to add about 2 more forma to your weapon which will lock it into one configuration. Also there wont be reload mods for this extra slot..so.

Wasted oportunity..useless addition.

Just build duplicates of the weapon U guess. I already have multiples of the same frame for different builds so no big deal.

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Now see, you added that to the very end of your opening comment, the rest of it basically reads as a knee jerk complaint to unreleased content which had already been covered in an earlier thread you would've seen if you'd looked for 5 seconds.

It's been there since the beginning.

And you were speaking about me about being lazy, sure.

Words, words only.

I was waiting for an answer since the beginning, and i don't have time to watch hours of devstream, and they didn't even made statement in the video about the fact that they would let it be that way. 

Knee jerk reaction ? I never went disrespectful about DE, and it's a valid concern, that's why we have penty of topic on this.

il y a 15 minutes, Zilchy a dit :

Just build duplicates of the weapon U guess. I already have multiples of the same frame for different builds so no big deal.

If you need to make duplicates, then something is broken in the modding system mechanics.

I won't make x crafts of the same weapon to have few elemental builds, and in that case what is the purpose of upgrade configuration tabs ?

Edited by Alpha56

It'll be just fine our guns were fine before this the extra slot isn't' going to ruin all the guns. if you can fit it great it not oh well. I can likely see poeple putting a lot of prime mods and rives on there having troubles but that's the price you pay there and even than ohno you forma'd every slot for a gun you will use all the time and use this build for now truly this is the pits. 

You're overreacting and there is no reason for them to add more capacity (aka powercreep) in what is just a little utility addition.

Somehow this recent discussion about Flexilus mod or what they calling it in the future starting to get more and more absurd. Can we not see how it goes first and give more and better opinions?

at this rate, this mod might leave a bad taste for DE for implementing it.

2 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

It's been there since the beginning.

And you were speaking about me about being lazy, sure.

Words, words only.

I was waiting for an answer since the beginning, and i don't have time to watch hours of devstream, and they didn't even made statement in the video about the fact that they would let it be that way. 

Knee jerk reaction ? I never went disrespectful about DE, and it's a valid concern, that's why we have penty of topic on this.

Knee jerk doesn't mean disrespectful, your entire topic is a complaint and it's the same one that was made in an earlier thread that you could've found with 2 seconds of searching instead of cluttering the topics with another repetitive thread.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

If you need to make duplicates, then something is broken in the modding system mechanics.

I won't make x crafts of the same weapon to have few elemental builds, and in that case what is the purpose of upgrade configuration tabs ?

I can agree with that but in the absence of common sense from the powers to be, I am creating my own solution.