Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Problem upcoming with the new Pexilus slot

Alpha56

il y a 7 minutes, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam a dit :

It'll be just fine our guns were fine before this the extra slot isn't' going to ruin all the guns. if you can fit it great it not oh well. I can likely see poeple putting a lot of prime mods and rives on there having troubles but that's the price you pay there and even than ohno you forma'd every slot for a gun you will use all the time and use this build for now truly this is the pits. 

You're overreacting and there is no reason for them to add more capacity (aka powercreep) in what is just a little utility addition.

It's not powercreep but versatility, that's why they are adding upgrade configuration tabs and Pexilus slots.

Most of the people will want to add Pexilus on they favorite weapons, multiformated, so they will lose versability, a downgrade clearly in my opinion.

Not counting this could prevent us to add new primed mods in the future.

Edited by Alpha56

3 minutes ago, Alpha56 said:

It's not powercreep but versatility, that's why they are adding upgrade configuration tabs and Pexilus slots.

Most of the people will want to add Pexilus on they favorite weapons, multiformated, so they will lose versability, a downgrade clearly in my opinion.

It's most definitely power creep mate, nobody is gonna use it for utility lol, just look at current frame builds with the exilus options. Adding more capacity will simply make it easier to become power creep.

There was a time long ago when people said corrupt mods wouldn't be power creep. Look at it now.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Alpha56 said:

So you're saying that the ability to add another mod and be given the capacity to do so without sacrificing anything in return isn't an, at least slight, creep up in power then? Is this what you are saying to me? That gaining power in the form of more versatility without any drawback isn't powercreep?

Then don't use the slot if you don't think it will help your guns.

• Like 1

il y a 8 minutes, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam a dit :

So you're saying that the ability to add another mod and be given the capacity to do so without sacrificing anything in return isn't an, at least slight, creep up in power then? Is this what you are saying to me? That gaining power in the form of more versatility without any drawback isn't powercreep?

Then don't use the slot if you don't think it will help your guns.

I'll never ever use an additionnal slot if at the end i have all the polarities formated, it's like a broken weapon for me.

And the drawback is just versatility, since you can craft few of the same weapon. 

Enjoy going into your arsenal just to change of the same weapon to change elemental damage.

Edited by Alpha56

il y a 53 minutes, Mover-NeRo a dit :

It wont add capacity. To use it you will need to add about 2 more forma to your weapon which will lock it into one configuration. Also there wont be reload mods for this extra slot..so.

Wasted oportunity..useless addition.

Thinking the same, wasted IF no previous changes, part of the point what i made this topic.

Edited by Alpha56

Le 21/10/2019 à 08:32, AriaSTG a dit :

Somehow this recent discussion about Flexilus mod or what they calling it in the future starting to get more and more absurd. Can we not see how it goes first and give more and better opinions?

at this rate, this mod might leave a bad taste for DE for implementing it.

Because it's common sense.

You can't add something that cost up to 11 drains (if i remember well) for the most without making a change.

Edited by Alpha56

The problem is this. DE decoded to add a new mod slot for rarely used utility mods. Which is fine, i mean why not right? 

The problem is that capacity is a thing. And so are different builds. Currently there are several weapon classes where you have so many high cost mods that you need to polarise almost every slot already, leaving maybe one free if you wanna switch elements or build. 

If you add another mod, you might have to either lock your build fully (which means the slot might as well not be there) or sacrifice one of yoyr slots for the utility slot, which makes no difference at all. 

Which in turn makes the whole deal far less impactful than it could be. 

The extra slots on weapons isnt needed. only weapon that need them is weapons with bad ammo economy, if you want a silent weapon for stealth missions and maybe glaives  for extra bounces(that will be implemented later because how i understand it melee weapons slot will be delayed).

In all honesty I see i bigger problem with the kuva liches part of the update.

1)If the weapons they drop give MR i dont want to know how long it will take to get all their weapons especially if its RNG based.

2)I don't care as much about this point but if the extra dagger everyone get can get MR it will significantly slow dont MR speed on weapons.

3)If we dont get all the immortal mods or atleast a lot of them we might not be able to kill a lich until after we farmed them.

Le 21/10/2019 à 08:33, Zilchy a dit :

Knee jerk doesn't mean disrespectful, your entire topic is a complaint and it's the same one that was made in an earlier thread that you could've found with 2 seconds of searching instead of cluttering the topics with another repetitive thread.

That's your opinion.

I made this topic with the hope to have an answer about DE's decision and about being free aware about what they are implementing, and you were off-topic everytime, and most of your comments were censored as well (ask yourself), worse, you didn't understood what i was asking.

I still have no answer, right now.

Edited by Alpha56

4 hours ago, Alpha56 said:

That's your opinion.

I made this topic with the hope to have an answer about DE's decision and about being free aware about what they are implementing, and you were off-topic everytime, and most of your comments were censored as well (ask yourself), worse, you didn't understood what i was asking.

I still have no answer, right now.

No they were censored because you reported them. Which is just too precious.

I would prefer pexilus mods to not take any capacity in pexilus slots (and regular drain in other slots), because even forma'd slots will make more restrictions of the use of these mods. There is a reason they implemented aura forma. An exilus forma would also be great if we could use it in any exilus slot if we could bypass polarity.

They need to change pexilus mods capacity, because the current stats would force people to use max 6 capacity mods even with forma'd pexilus slot. Currently if they didn't change anything, I couldn't even put a -recoil or +ammo capacity mod even if I forma'd the exilus slot.

vBwYpPc.jpg

Edit: Changing the mods below 7 capacity would not be "some" mods, so I hope they either make everything to max 6 or change the system.

Edited by sitfesz

6 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Wow, this is exactly what I was talking about. Such a damn disappointment. Edit: even the polarity have to match, thanks for nothing DE.

dRDniEx.jpg

It's called choices.  You have 2 primed mods, a riven, and an amalgam equipped.  You're going to have to give something up to fit a pexilus.

While I won't argue against mods in the pexilus costing no points or even giving points, Lotus knows I won't complain, I'm pretty sure these considerations already crossed their minds.

1 minute ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

It's called choices.  You have 2 primed mods, a riven, and an amalgam equipped.  You're going to have to give something up to fit a pexilus.

While I won't argue against mods in the pexilus costing no points or even giving points, Lotus knows I won't complain, I'm pretty sure these considerations already crossed their minds.

If these considerations crossed their minds, then why did they even came up with exilus slots? It's not worth the hassle then.

3 hours ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

It's called choices

If DE wants us to use underused mods yet doesn't give us the capacity to do so. Instead punishes us to make a choice to nerf ourselves to fit a utility mod. No thank you. They will just keep collecting dust. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove

My only real big concern is crit guns that don't have a lot of room to work with and builds that use d polarities. Things are going to get more constrained for them than they already are if you have other builds that require a D polarity but this is an issue they have yet to address in general. I don't think "omni" forma is going to cut it, they'd be better off changing the D polarity for the cold element altogether imo.

Raising the mod points for primary and second a little bit could work since we don't have an aura to give them a little bump that melee and frames have.

Wanted Aura/Stance or whatever slot for Primary and Secondary weapons that help increase capacity since ever but nope. 

You have to forma at least 7 if you wish to equip rivens and primed mods and that already limits you choice setup like testing crits build or status build on weapons that have reasonable crit and status chance. 

11 hours ago, sitfesz said:

If these considerations crossed their minds, then why did they even came up with exilus slots? It's not worth the hassle then.

11 hours ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

If DE wants us to use underused mods yet doesn't give us the capacity to do so. Instead punishes us to make a choice to nerf ourselves to fit a utility mod. No thank you. They will just keep collecting dust. 

Your problem, not mine, not DE's.  I'm not sure they're actually too torn up about people not using underused mods.  People asked for the capability and they conceded it wouldn't hurt the game play.

Not everyone feels the need to use the biggest gun with the best mods available.  The modding system is and always has been primarily there as a means of customizing our equipment, not a bizarrely convoluted way to increase our raw firepower.  Hardly feels like hard choices are being made if they're all as easy as, "at least 2 V polarities on EVERY weapon, serration and split chamber always go into those, I'll need corrosive or radiation to deal with bigger armored targets and, oh, looks like this weapon has good crit chance!  Better add point strike and vital hit to get the most out of this gun!  Guess that leaves me with 2 more slots... eh, more elemental damage mods!  G2G!"

We're not always going to get to have our cake and eat it too, especially not over something that feels like a courtesy feature.  You've made it this long without a pexilus, you can keep going without it if you'd prefer.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, sitfesz said:

Wow, this is exactly what I was talking about. Such a damn disappointment. Edit: even the polarity have to match, thanks for nothing DE.

dRDniEx.jpg

You've got two prime mods, one amalgam mod, and one riven mod on that thing. And yet you're still crying for more.

On 2019-10-20 at 11:59 PM, 844448 said:

That doesn't answer why pexilus mod should give points when it's not an aura. Doesn't matter if aura comes first or not, there's no reason to give more points. You can put more forma if you want to use it, no need to whine over an optional slot

Maybe change the name of those and instead turn them into weapon auras OR dramatically reduce the drain of weapon exilus mods like how precept mods barely break 7 points for companions.

il y a une heure, Caidezes a dit :

You've got two prime mods, one amalgam mod, and one riven mod on that thing. And yet you're still crying for more.

These mods are made to be use, all of them. It's a valid complaint.

If you look closely, his build was already stuck even before having the exilus slot (8 polarities and 9 now) because he can't make every combined elemental damage. But you can even have worse than this, a riven with an elemental damage stat on it that can prevent totally to use some elemental damage combinations.

A big part of this game is using the modding system, but the more you'll work on a warframe or a weapon by applying forma, the less liberty you'll have.

This shouldn't have been a thing in my opinion, instead, flexibility should have been the way we can mod and use the incredible choice of mods.

For the Pexilus slot, this could have come with an universal polarity (exilus polarity?), it wouldn't have cost anything to DE, but it would have improve a lot the flexibility, present and future, because we don't know what the future reserve to us, i guess we'll have some new mods after.

In my opinion, exilus polarity + 7 drain max should have been the minimum, and at best, drain free.

Edited by Alpha56