Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

its getting boring, new frames only hold interest for so long its still the same maps and content

DragonzGirra

56 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

You know bloody well what "actual new content" is

No they don't. The point is that it's an incredibly nebulous term that means different things to different people. As a result they can't know what you're referring to unless you define what you consider it to be.

For instance, every single thing DE has added in the past year is "New content" in my eyes, but that is a viewpoint that is not shared by several on the forums.

Edited by Corvid
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Do you want to hide behind semantic and petty definitions?

You know bloody well what "actual new content" is and you don't even need to use air quote for it as if it was some kind of alien concept. I wrote exactly why people are quitting as they are tired of doing the SAME missions but with different rewards. People have been complaining for ages about being tired of having to wait hours in endless to even start facing enemies of a decent level for their skills but DE pretended not hear a thing.

Sir (or ma am), you know very well what new content is. Please don't play dumb.

What you guys are confusing is NEW content with GOOD content. Warframe is always constantly coming out with new content, that is FACT. Now, where the argument should be, is that content good? Is it fun? Is it sustainable/long-term? Is it challenging? Is it accessible? Etc... I will agree that Warframe, while it comes out with new content, it is either broken or short-sighted. Railjack is the first in about 3 years to address that issue. Now I'm not saying it's gonna be good. It could absolutely flop and be the death of Warframe. But at least the idea is there, now we need to wait for the execution.

Yes I know it is semantics but this distinction is important or Warframe will never get its priorities straight. One of the issues with Warframe is the opposite of what your argument implies. Warframe's issue is that it keeps coming out with new content rather than fixing existing content.

Edited by Goodwill
  • Like 1

Funny how a lot of people say "it's all about you" when DE really just released the same things over and over again. Yes the Liches will be nice but what we need is real events, more enemies and also more map parts. I run through the same spots every day with the same enemy's. THAT is what makes me play less. Not because the game is ti ez or that new frames are boring. It's because the same grinding and gameplay (both things I like) looks the same since... when? I was so glad then Jupiter was reworked. We need that kind of update for very planet.

Dont protect DE the hole time. They need feedback to improve. You hurting them when you say "it's all fine". If you think that then why the hell are you on the forums? They exists to give feedback and ideas and not to glorify DE...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Dont protect DE the hole time. They need feedback to improve. You hurting them when you say "it's all fine". If you think that then why the hell are you on the forums? They exists to give feedback and ideas and not to glorify DE...

"You're doing great, don't listen to the haters" is as valid and valuable a piece of feedback as the criticisms that get brought up. I for one believe that DE are still learning from their mistakes and improving and expanding the game, and as long as they continue to do so Warframe will thrive.

55 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

DE really just released the same things over and over again.

So DE shouldn't do things that they've done before...

55 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

I was so glad then Jupiter was reworked.

... except when they should?

How exactly is adding open world content to a corridor shooter "doing the same thing", yet re-releasing an existing part of the game isn't? Hell, I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly you're referring to when you say they release the same thing over and over again.

58 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

They need feedback to improve.

Yes, and when the feedback is as schizophrenic as it tends to be on the forums, they also need to figure out which feedback is the type they need to follow. The voice that shouts loudest isn't always the right one, after all.

Dayum, even New Players are burned out of Warframe.

That is something was not expecting.

@DragonzGirra don't do this to yourself, play something else, Warframe is the kind of game you only play  like 2 times a year (The cinematic quest and a New Pointless Grind in December), and it doesn't look like it is changing (even tho we would love that to happen ), even Empyreon looks like a grind to grind to grind more, DE right now only cares about New Players, but dayum seeing this means that DE is missing something.

Edited by DOOMPATRIOT
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Funny how a lot of people say "it's all about you" when DE really just released the same things over and over again. Yes the Liches will be nice but what we need is real events, more enemies and also more map parts. I run through the same spots every day with the same enemy's. THAT is what makes me play less. Not because the game is ti ez or that new frames are boring. It's because the same grinding and gameplay (both things I like) looks the same since... when? I was so glad then Jupiter was reworked. We need that kind of update for very planet.

DE have implied (and outright shown in the Demo) that either Liches or Empyrean (or both) will feature new enemies and expands gameplay outside of just tileset gameplay. Steve's been teasing a tileset rework to the Corpus ship. We know the New War is bringing both new enemies and a new tileset. All this stuff? It's coming. We need to bear in mind that all of this isn't exactly something they can throw together in a few weeks. Very few things are.

Even weapons - once upon a time they could just say "what weapon type don't we have yet on every faction? Semi? Sure, make a Grineer semi rifle" or something But now every faction has at least a few burst weapons, auto weapons, semi's, melee's or whatever else they can fenangle into making sense. Sure - Grineer don't have a bow, but... why would the Grineer have a bow? Weapons, outside of (and even including) primes are held to a higher standard. Making a quick and easy weapon won't cut it, they usually need a gimmick. And that takes brainstorming, time and effort, for something a lot of players just say 'that's not content' for.

14 minutes ago, Corvid said:

So DE shouldn't do things that they've done before...

... except when they should?

How exactly is adding open world content to a corridor shooter "doing the same thing", yet re-releasing an existing part of the game isn't? Hell, I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly you're referring to when you say they release the same thing over and over again.

Yes, and when the feedback is as schizophrenic as it tends to be on the forums, they also need to figure out which feedback is the type they need to follow. The voice that shouts loudest isn't always the right one, after all.

Duh! He's obviously refering to Disruption, which is in essence the same as defection and defense cos they both start with the letter D. Not to mention it has pylons, so it is obviously a rehash of survival aswell and being based around four locations makes it the same as interception also. Plus we need to kill mobs for a specific pick up item to interact with pylons, so it is a rehash of excavation too!

I'm finaly understand how the minds of conspiracy theorists work!

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Q: Did anyone bother to check the profile to see how long they've played and what they have managed to accomplish in the game? 

I bet it'll be informative. 

490 Hours of playtime.

2,409 missions completed.

Maxed Syndicate with Suda and Hexis. Rank 4 with Ostron and Solaris is Rank 5.

Completed all Quests.

280/512 Equipment progressed.

I say he made a good amount of progress in those 490 hours. Kinda makes me wonder if he rushed... but dont quote me on that. 490 is a lot if you try and break it down on how long each session was and how often.

490 hours in single game seems like a win for Warframe to me.

13 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

490 Hours of playtime.

2,409 missions completed.

Maxed Syndicate with Suda and Hexis. Rank 4 with Ostron and Solaris is Rank 5.

Completed all Quests.

280/512 Equipment progressed.

I say he made a good amount of progress in those 490 hours. Kinda makes me wonder if he rushed... but dont quote me on that. 490 is a lot if you try and break it down on how long each session was and how often.

490 hours in single game seems like a win for Warframe to me.

Thanks. Now if we look at the profile in the forum, looks like there may be a reason for the burnout. 

27 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Hey it's almost Halloween. How about an event to celebrate that? You know like 99% of the other multi-player games are doing?

The devs have already confirmed that there's going to be one, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Edited by Corvid

6 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The devs have already confirmed that there's going to be one, so I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Oh that's great and just when might that be? I'm not "trying" to say anything. I flatly stated we should have an event. Other than punkin heads I've seen no evidence of anything. These things do help with boredom and as stated they are already running in many other mmos.

Edited by cmacq

32 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Oh that's great and just when might that be? I'm not "trying" to say anything. I flatly stated we should have an event. Other than punkin heads I've seen no evidence of anything. These things do help with boredom and as stated they are already running in many other mmos.

They're either tired of people complaining that the Halloween event is the same every year and are making a new one, or possibly the Halloween event might come on... wait for it...

Halloween.

Shocking, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, cmacq said:

Based on the the trend of past years, you can take a reasonable guess. 

Or you can make posts like that ☝️instead and hope that nobody remembers during the annual Halloween Event. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Based on the the trend of past years, you can take a reasonable guess. 

Or you can make posts like that ☝️instead and hope that nobody remembers during the annual Halloween Event. 

I'm sorry but what is with the assumption that people have been here for past years? This is my first Halloween here so I have no idea what happens. I know I have certainly enjoyed these kinds of things in other games I've played.

1 minute ago, cmacq said:

I'm sorry but what is with the assumption that people have been here for past years? This is my first Halloween here so I have no idea what happens. I know I have certainly enjoyed these kinds of things in other games I've played.

https://forums.warframe.com/profile/4011441-cmacq/

Content Count  255

Joined July 9, 2018

Halloween happens every year in October

So go ahead and pull the other one. It's got bells on, it does. 

Just now, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

https://forums.warframe.com/profile/4011441-cmacq/

Content Count  255

Joined July 9, 2018

Halloween happens every year in October

So go ahead and pull the other one. It's got bells on, it does. 

Everything is not as it appears my friend. I started this game no less than 5 times before it stuck. Speaks to the quality of the new player experience. I didn't really start to play until about July 2019. Thus as I said I have not been here for a Halloween yet.

10 minutes ago, cmacq said:

Everything is not as it appears my friend. I started this game no less than 5 times before it stuck. Speaks to the quality of the new player experience. I didn't really start to play until about July 2019. Thus as I said I have not been here for a Halloween yet.

Then surely a simple wiki check would be all you need to know that there have been Halloween events before (In particular, the Hallowed Nightmares tactical alert).

4 minutes ago, cmacq said:

You literally just told me that you have when you said you started no less than 5 times. 

Whatever you skipped, is on you. A part of what mitigates the poor new player experience, is paying attention to details, and asking questions. I mean, you admit that you saw the cosmetics, that should have been a good hint.