Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave intermission is back?

Jjackal

Recycled Content so they don't have to work as much and people don't have a reason of fearing to lose out.

I don't see the problem. Works for all of us. Unless you expected something new from this Intermission of course.

• Like 1

I don't care if its lazyness or they just wanted to please people that missed the rewards from season 1.

I'm really disappointed that we had to endure some awful grinding for all those rewards during WoS6, and we now see them much easier to achieve just to not even get something in return. Pretty much empty reward slots.

I feel like it shouldn't be too much work if DE implements something that checks the player's inventory to see if they have those cosmetic items already....
and if they already own it, swap another reward in place (something like creds / potatos/ formas... etc)
That way, people who don't have it won't miss out, people who already have the reward will at least obtain something with their effort. nightwave creds, potatos, formas are not worth all that much, but are all something that everyone can certain enjoy having more of.

• Like 1

Wow, 30 ranks with Prestige. Looks like Season 3 is nowhere near ready. Probably haven't even put a single line to the scripts yet.

On the other hand, it might also mean DE think Empyrean and The New War are near enough that they don't need to divert any effort into a full season. At least I hope so.

Anyway, whatever. I could always use more Kuva, and a second Umbra Forma for my Saryn.

Edited by KnossosTNC

31 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

this is honestly BS
DE is so damn lazy
They wont hire new people to come good with their promises, they are money hungry and dont want to pay more staff
so pull sh~t like this. 

WTF are you on about? The game is Free to Play. Nightwave doesn't cost anything like most games with Battle Passes. A lot of people have been wanting another chance at getting these items that they missed out on. So what's the problem?

Honestly. Crybabies like you sure love to make mountains out of molehills. 🙄

6 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Wow, 30 ranks with Prestige. Looks like Season 3 is nowhere near ready. Probably haven't even put a single line to the scripts yet.

On the other hand, it might also mean DE think Empyrean and The New War are near enough that they don't need to put any effort into a full season.

If I were a betting man I'd put every dollar I had on the former being the case and the latter being unlikely.

Though if Empyrean actually finally drops before 2020 I'll be happy.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

WTF are you on about? The game is Free to Play. Nightwave doesn't cost anything like most games with Battle Passes. A lot of people have been wanting another chance at getting these items that they missed out on. So what's the problem?

Honestly. Crybabies like you sure love to make mountains out of molehills. 🙄

the game has increased its plat sales an incredible amount over the years but they keep their staff to small numbers. they admit they get swamped with stuff and cant handle it all, but why hire some more people they say.. lmao

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If I were a betting man I'd put every dollar I had on the former being the case and the latter being unlikely.

Though if Empyrean actually finally drops before 2020 I'll be happy.

Maybe, but then again, DE did admit that Nightwave partially exist to hold things over during content droughts, and did talk about "ramping things up" for October. A mainline is coming within the next two weeks - Melee 3.0 Phase 2 alone looks like it took a mammoth amount of work. This coming patch could just free up more hands for the two big items' final push.

I'm not disputing you, but I do think lacking actual inside knowledge, this long Intermission could be read a number of ways; it could be laziness, or it could be confidence - i.e. they think they don't need a full season because they think they have new content coming. Could be either. Let's hope it's the latter.

Edited by KnossosTNC

30 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

On the other hand, it might also mean DE think Empyrean and The New War are near enough that they don't need to divert any effort into a full season. At least I hope so.

Anyway, whatever. I could always use more Kuva, and a second Umbra Forma for my Saryn.

I'm riding on the fact Season 3 will probably launch with Railjack. I would assume we'll see Rail after this intermission.

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Maybe, but then again, DE did admit that Nightwave partially exist to hold things over during content droughts, and did talk about "ramping things up" for October. A mainline is coming within the next two weeks - Melee 3.0 Phase 2 alone looks like it took a mammoth amount of work. This coming patch could just free up more hands for the two big items' final push.

I'm not disputing you, but I do think lacking actual inside knowledge, this long Intermission could be read a number of ways; it could be laziness, or it could be confidence - i.e. they think they don't need a full season because they think they have new content coming. Could be either. Let's hope it's the latter.

Missed your post but I fully agree. It's pretty obvious they're trying to free up hands to get Railjack ready. They will push the mainline, get hands on deck to finish up Rail, and it'll probably be out by mid November. 

4 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

I'm riding on the fact Season 3 will probably launch with Railjack. I would assume we'll see Rail after this intermission.

Considering how long this Intermission is going to be, I hope not.

3 minutes ago, AshArbiter said:

Missed your post but I fully agree. It's pretty obvious they're trying to free up hands to get Railjack ready. They will push the mainline, get hands on deck to finish up Rail, and it'll probably be out by mid November. 

Yeah, at least I hope so.

Should be noted that The New War actually has a semi-firm date - Christmas 2019 - whereas all we have of Empyrean is a three-phase release timetable. We might actually see TNW before Empyrean.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

That can't be right. Intermission is supposed to have 15 ranks, not 30.

[EDIT] I just read the post about Intermission II. Looks like it is intended for it to be as long as a regular season. I definitely was not expecting that.

Yea we need with 15 not 30,especially when its old rewords...so dont see the point to go for 30