Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nightwave.. opinion just dropped to the floor

-ToT-CrackCook

So nightwave 'intermission' 2 is out...
and it seems that now, intermissions will be the previous seasons rewards, with a couple small new things, like a decoration for your ship (that de had the file for just sitting around)
the intermission is now 30 ranks, not 15, so this is as long as a season, you have to wait a full 30 rank season until the next one with actual new stuff and lore...
The only things useful or not owned if you keep up with nightwave the whole way? 30 rank season JUST for some kuva and 1 decoration... really DE? That feels like a punishment.

De introduced something that we thought would get them to give up some content at regular intervals.. but now? yeah nah, have this stuff you farmed a few months ago.

The idea of lore coming was cool! but now we get intermissions the same length of full season, that don't give any extra lore. 

The idea of people who missed out, getting a chance again, is cool! don't get me wrong. BUT why does that need a full 30 ranks? with the stuff that's only attainable from nightwave, at the very end. You could say 'it would be unfair for them to get it so fast' but the people who missed out already have it easier now, because from season 2 you get more standing and can rank up easier

Then the other counter to this 'intermission is meant to be a break like in movies, you get up and stretch your legs' BUT, when is the intermission as long as the entire movie itself?

And something someone has brought up in this post, why not  'make all the repeats rewards buyable in cred shop'?! 

Another suggestion, why not have while a normal intermission like the first one is happening, a special event that people can join, where you would be able to fight the wolf and farm his armor/syandana/weapon This would have worked for everyone. 

Edited by -ToT-CrackCook
  • Like 7

When I saw the nightwave rewards, my heart just sank. Having 7 of the rewards be recycled from previous nightwaves is just beyond lazy. I feel like people who actually cared about getting the previous nightwaves done are now being punished.

• Like 4

Despite being caught up on Nightwave, I’m still getting useful stuff out of the Intermission like slots, forma/Umbra forma, and potatoes so I don’t really mind for the most part.

It’s nice for those that missed out on the WoS6 items and Eidolon Ephemera, though offering alternate rewards for those who already own the items would have been pretty cool. 

• Like 8

I agree. While its nice that people who missed it can get the rewards from previous ones, i for one play consistently and now feel really demotivated to even get any ranks. 7/30 rewards are things i already have, 5 of them i cant use because they are decorative and the rest are mods for weapons i dont plan on using. The only item i would actually want is the umbral forma, which is on rank 29. I wouldnt mind if i would get something else for having the rewards already, like kuva or endo or potatoes or forma. Now i just feel ripped off for putting effort into completing said "content" when it actually came out. Just really disappointed right now.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

If the items were always new: People scream FOMO

If the items are of a previous NW for those who didnt get it return: People scream lazy.

Ahhh, internet. You're so damn predicable.

Or they could just drop this intermission stuff and have both new and old rewards available in each new series by allowing players who reach prestige ranks to pick between creds or a cosmetic reward they missed in the previous series for that specific rank . For example reaching prestige rank 30 in the new series would allow me to get the rank 30 reward for series 1 or 2 while keeping things fresh for those who already have that stuff. Right now it is yay for people like me who don't have cosmetic from series 1 and a nay for those who do.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LordPreda said:

It's deeply troubling how entitled and whiny this community is.

how is mentioning something troubling?
DE told us one thing
and gave something else.

Its the fact that this comunity is so vocal, that has been the cause for ALOT of positive changes in the game

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, LordPreda said:

It's deeply troubling how entitled and whiny this community is.

I don't really think it's entitled to want rewards for doing the nightwave, and instead get duplicate copies of previous cosmetics you've already earned, and nothing you can do with said cosmetic other than it take up space. Also, it's not whining, it's called constructive feedback. If no one voiced their dissatisfaction with how things are they would never be changed for the better in the future.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

how is mentioning something troubling?

But you're not "mentioning" it. You're not offering civilized criticism.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Its deeply troubling how lazy De is getting 

You're calling them lazy.

56 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

and it seems that now, intermissions will be the previous seasons rewards, with a couple small new things, like a decoration for your ship (that de probably had the file for just sitting around)
the intermission is now 30 ranks, not 15, so this is as long as a season, you have to wait a full 30 rank season until the next one with actual new stuff and lore...
The only things usefull or not owned if you keep up with nightwave the whole way? 30rank season JUST for some kuva and 1 decoration... really DE? that's just lazy...

Dude, chill out, DE actually has a lot on their plate. Old Blood is coming out within the next two weeks with the next phase of the melee rework, Kuva Liches and Grendel. On top of all of this, DE still has to stay on track with their long term goals for Empyrian, New War and the Duviri Paradox, and their short term goals for setting up a new Nightwave story and rewards for next season. It is wholly justified that they need extra time to keep all of these things moving forward behind the scenes and not burn out their development teams. Lay off and take a break if you need one.

• Like 5

Kinda of silly that people are mad the previous items are made available again like most things in the fame will always pop back up at a later date. 

Plus did people really that high expectations for the filler nightwave? My expectations were based on the last intermission, 1 new item, bunch of creds and items that i don't need now but will probably use later. 

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, FlavorSavior said:

Dude, chill out, DE actually has a lot on their plate. Old Blood is coming out within the next two weeks with the next phase of the melee rework, Kuva Liches and Grendel. On top of all of this, DE still has to stay on track with their long term goals for Empyrian, New War and the Duviri Paradox, and their short term goals for setting up a new Nightwave story and rewards for next season. It is wholly justified that they need extra time to keep all of these things moving forward behind the scenes and not burn out their development teams. Lay off and take a break if you need one.

Agree here. I'm the first one to call out DE on their BS but if what they say is to be believed, they gotta work on getting Old Blood out, and then ***HOPEFULLY*** Railjack next month. 

Edited by AshArbiter

54 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

If the items were always new: People scream FOMO

If the items are of a previous NW for those who didnt get it return: People scream lazy.

Ahhh, internet. You're so damn predicable.

can you elaborate on that first group because i don't think i've seen that reaction at all the last three rotations. 

Did you really need to make a whole new thread about this?

Whatever. As someone who has maxed out the previous seasons and intermission. It really doesn't bother me. I still want that Umbra Forma either way.

Also, not everyone was able to get these items the first time around. Some people may have only just started playing Warframe within the last month or so. Is that so hard for your puny mind to understand?

16 hours ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Its deeply troubling how lazy De is getting 

No one likes a backseat developer.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

and it seems that now, intermissions will be the previous seasons rewards, with a couple small new things, like a decoration for your ship (that de probably had the file for just sitting around)
The only things usefull or not owned if you keep up with nightwave the whole way? 30rank season JUST for some kuva and 1 decoration... really DE? that's just lazy...

De introduced something that we thought would get them to actually give up some content at regular intervals.. but now? yeah nah, have this stuff you farmed a few months ago.

The intermission isn't about getting new stuff.  Because it's an intermission.  It's mostly about having the Nitain and Orokin widgets available for people that don't have hundreds of them already.  And throwing in previous rewards is nice for newer players, or anyone who missed them the first time around.

And increasing it to 30 ranks isn't really a surprise to me:  It clearly takes some amount of time away from other projects to work on Nightwave (creating the new mods and cosmetics, programing for the parts that need it, crafting the little story scenes.)  And the last Nightwave seemed to suffer from that, since there were erratic delays in bringing out some of the chapters.  My guess is that they want to focus on bringing out Empyrean and the New War, and want to cut down possible interruptions.  Steve also mentioned in one of the devstreams that they've heard the feedback that players want to have some kind of meaningful interaction with the story and he'd like to do something with that.  Doing so would obviously require even *more* resources and programmer time that they don't seem to have to spare right now.

If you don't feel that the Umbra and Aura formas at the higher levels are worth getting and don't want the cosmetics... then don't spend time completing the Intermission challenges? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -ToT-CrackCook said:

your a troll right? criticism automatically = triggered aye? Just go be compliant in life, most people know how to not ignorantly follow the lead, yet not be triggered. pretty cool hey?
its called having an opinion 😮 crazy

Opinions are all well and good, but you don't seem to understand how software development works. I am providing context for why this season is structured the way it is. Calling DE lazy in spite of the fact that they clearly have a very substantial workload well into next year strikes me as incredibly disrespectful, being frank.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Kinda of silly that people are mad the previous items are made available again like most things in the fame will always pop back up at a later date. 

Plus did people really that high expectations for the filler nightwave? My expectations were based on the last intermission, 1 new item, bunch of creds and items that i don't need now but will probably use later. 

Nobody seems mad at the items being reintroduced, they seem to only take issue with the method by which they were brought back, namely that it seems to come at the expense of reward options for those who already received them. DE seemed have flipped an inclusionary practice into an exclusionary one just for a different group. 

Understand I'm all for bringing back time limited items so everyone has their shot at the goodies myself, I disliked when DE did time limited rewards in the past and I was elated when I heard DE had no plans to pursue that mistake further with nightwave rewards,  but even to me this seems like a terrible way to progress that sentiment. They just traded who they were being considerate about it feels, rather than expanding to be considerate of both. 

• Like 5

I think a system that would check if you've already gotten the said cosmetic (like saturn six armor) and if you've already gotten it, be given something else in lieu of it, anything really (kuva,potatoes, even credits) would be a far better system than just getting a duplicate useless item. I am all for people who missed out on some of the earlier rewards having the ability to gain them, but I don't think the veterans of former nightwaves should be the ones who get nothing in those duplicated reward brackets.

• Like 8