Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave: Intermission II

[DE]Helen

4 minutes ago, Cubewano said:

this isn't an either or situation, they could have brought back old rewards a dozen different ways that didn't exclude people who had done past seasons. 

Yeah they could have brought back the old rewards as things you could purchase using the Intermission Credits, or place a new vendor/Syndicate-like place somewhere in the game to exchange a certain currency to purchase old rewards, while the actual Intermission 2 rewards will be new rewards. 

This is pretty much a copy and paste of season 1, and I'm just disappointed. 

Way to turn what I thought was going to be an inclusionary act into an exclusionary one DE. 

I was so glad to hear initially that you guys had full intent to bring back all the old rewards so people who missed out would get them, everyone deserves a shot at the stuff, but never did it occur to me you'd do it in a way that came at the expense of those who had already gotten the rewards. What makes it worse is this isn't even going to be a sustainable practice unless you only plan to reintroduce each series once, which I'm not about either. 

As someone who missed the first NW season, I appreciate bringing back the rewards but the current implementation sucks for those who already have them. They should get something else instead, even if it's just cred.

Or even better, just put the old rewards to the cred store.

Well, I for one am glad the Saturn Six series items are back. I missed a majority of the later rank items because, frankly, tedious tasks are tedious and I didnt want to do them. (And well. Content drought. Especially for someone like me whose put a lot of time into this game. Doing a tedious task for the sake of it is uh... well, I have priorities and being bored to be bored aint one of em) 

Though that could have been avoided had they just done the recovered acts during the first series. Or I dont know, have let the player go back on their own time to do those task and get the items. Makes me wonder for people who join in the future. Are you going to just continuously recycle the previous acts items? Or make a way for new players to play the acts they missed?

Because the way you're currently doing it, is screwing over people who already fully ranked the previous series. Its not fair to them. And this also isnt a sustainable method. Four-five series from now with all their own unique items? Will Intermission just become a means to gather the uniques? Seems out of place. Easily solved if you just make it so both the series and intermission has the previous series rewards as offerings. Which is sustainable, and isnt screwing over those who already have the items.

30 ranks with 30 more "prestige"....hmmm, how long is this intermission going to be?
If my math doesn't fail me, you can get about 40k standing per week, doing every act + dailies. So to reach rank 30, it would take roughly 7weeks and some of the 8th.

So is intermission gonna go...wait...8-9 weeks until Christmas...are you planning on releasing S3 along with Empyrean and tie the story between the two? Because that wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

With that said though, the rewards are kinda bad...i mean...I get some people didn't get the Wolf Armor and some other stuff from Season 1, but couldn't those be put in shop or at the very least in prestige levels?

Why not have some unique rewards in the first 30 ranks, and past rewards in the prestige ones. That would reward those who finished the first two seasons with less, hassle free weeks of challenges and allow those who missed the previous seasons to put on some extra work for the past rewards. I mean...it's only fair right?

People that finished the season don't get bothered by duplicates, and the others get something extra for their work. And the rewards don't even need to be some themed stuff...but IDK, throw in some more Kuva, some primed mods, maybe another legendary arcane at the later ranks etc. Slots(why not Riven slots) would be appreciated by many and so on. 

But come on...read the feedback people are posting and make a decision in the first week, because later on it might anger some people that have already decided not to bother with this intermission.

1 hour ago, [DE]Helen said:

Nightwave: Intermission II will only be available for a limited time. Good luck, Dreamers.

Here we go again with the lack of basic information for properly planning a time-exclusive event: so difficult to provide at least an estimate of the duration?

Hmmm.. DE, you again missed the mark, look at all the "suggestions" about repeated rewards, I have done the Nightwaves upto prestige 30 and it was .. ok..  to get the Aura and Umbra formas, and the Kuva was good, until the last week when you removed it from the list and I wasted all the time going to Prestige 30 as the only item any good was the Kuva.. 

the lenght, the rewards... Just shows how unsustainable this whole thing is without putting major work into creating the series.
I liked the idea but if we're gonna get filler series with repeat rewards and delays on the main ones, it's just annoying to go through all those repeats for the one item that's usable.

We need to be able to convert old creds into intermissions creds. Give us an option to huck old ones for generic nora creds

Please and thanks!

Edit: Also being able to buy duplicates of orbiter decor in the store, like the arlo statue. I want one for the dojo!

Wolf Salute - Emote

Eidolon Ephemera

Saturn Six Syandana

Saturn Six Armor Bundle

If we have already earned these rewards from previous nightwave seasons, will we be rewarded with additional creds as a replacement? Possessing 2 of the same syandana or 2 of the same armour sets or ephemera is pointless because we dont require more than 1 copy of each to use them

I knew Intermission was on it's way and I was excited, now I'm a bit disappointed.

The exclusive rewards are back with less effort and my morale to grind Nightwave has diminished as the work to grind it the first time was rendered irrelevant.

I guess now is a good time to take a break and recoup my losses in Intermission 3 😞

So intermission 2 has to last for a MINIMUM of 6.9 (7 weeks), so just under 2 months, IF you did every single challenge plus every single daily challenge to get all 30 ranks....
So intermission isn't actually an intermission, it's just a full length Nightwave with nothing interesting going on.

Since we are gonna get armor we already have, will we be able to atleast sell them for credits? Kinda dislike having repeatable items sitting on my inventory that I can't get rid of... Also, all nice people who missed out on these cosmetics are able to get them now, but for people that already got most of the things sitting on this intermission, kinda lame we get the same stuff, atleast switch it for nightwave creds if we already own the cosmetics...

7 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

So intermission 2 has to last for a MINIMUM of 6.9 (7 weeks), so just under 2 months, IF you did every single challenge plus every single daily challenge to get all 30 ranks....
So intermission isn't actually an intermission, it's just a full length Nightwave with nothing interesting going on.

For now the expiration date is  Monday 20 January 2020 00:00:00 ( but could be a placeholder  )

source http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/worldState.php

Cool.

I'm sure there're those who appreciate the returning rewards. Not to detract from that.
But as someone who completed each 'season' thusfar, they're dead levels, as there's no purpose to duplicated cosmetics anymore.

Would've perfered, as others say, that returning rewards were in the cred store.

2 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:
  • Removed the “Guild a Modular Weapon” Act
  • Reduced the “Forma” Act requirements from 3 Forma to 1

I admit, the gild/forma acts bugged me.
If it's gone, it's gone, but at this point I've seen just how forgiving the act completion is while still letting you get r30, and eh, I'm alright with just skipping them.

• Reduced the “Silver Grove Specter” Act requirements from 3 kills to 1

Stopgap measure for how much friction is involved in PhotographyFrame.
Would prefer the core problem be addressed, but for now, this is good.

Kuva is now always available in Nora’s Offerings

Thank you.

DE please don't bring back old Nightwave cosmetics. I get what you're trying to do and with non-cosmetic items it makes sense but bringing back old cosmetic takes the direct way you could show off completion away from players who did complete this segment of Nightwave. This also takes away from the big draw of Nightwave for a good chunk of players, ranks 8, 15, 18, 28 and 30 are entirely worthless. On top of that this is gonna be a full length Nightwave but without any lore expansion or new rewards.

So those who did all of Nw season 1 and intermission 1 gonna get dead rewards on 8 ranks ? 

When you presented nightwave, you presented it as "easily sustainable" content , so I guess it wasnt that easily sustainable if you need to recycle content and rewards from season 1. And the lenght of this intermission is the lenght of a season so I guess another 2 month and an half without season 3 . I know you are pushing for the "big content" of the year but we all knew you couldnt sustain the NW model and it is dissapointing because I believe in the potential of the game 

Like many other said in the thread, you  could just put the rewards from previous season in the Shop and for the dead rewards give let say 30 to 60 NW crédit . 

Archived