Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arachne , Spider frame V4 + WIP for the Fusion

keikogi

I love her design and colors! Very well done! 

I haven’t read the other replies, but would her being able to walk on walls prove an issue? Like if she walked into an area that wasn’t meant for players to be? Otherwise the skill would be really useful!

50 minutes ago, Draginfli said:

I love her design and colors! Very well done! 

About the art, it is not mine it is from Masternomad( have a look at his deviant art page he just created a new warframe). He is also doing a new version of this one.

50 minutes ago, Draginfli said:

I haven’t read the other replies, but would her being able to walk on walls prove an issue? Like if she walked into an area that wasn’t meant for players to be? Otherwise the skill would be really useful!

Unlikely, warframes have such ridiculous mobility that walking on walls would not break anything. We have free range flying using wukong cloud walker so there is no inaccessible unless DE implements invisible walls. In HUD places this kind of mobility passives are disabled.

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I like the idea of a spider warframe, stealthy and an ambush attacker. Base poison damage and the ability to summon spiderlings from corpses, maybe as the passive melee like Garuda has if you don't equip a melee weapon. If she has an ability to swing on stuff like Spiderman I'm sold. 

She will give her the garuda passive allowing her to ise the venom blade as melee weapon. It will be a dual dagger , but I need to think of a unique passive.

About swing around as spider man , she can swing around using her 2 ( using it on wall or recasting it on enemies ) , also she can to the attack on titan thing by casting her 3 during a a dash from her 2. If shr does that her 3 will damage all enemies on its path and bonus damage agaist thr target enemy .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, keikogi said:

She will give her the garuda passive allowing her to ise the venom blade as melee weapon. It will be a dual dagger , but I need to think of a unique passive.

About swing around as spider man , she can swing around using her 2 ( using it on wall or recasting it on enemies ) , also she can to the attack on titan thing by casting her 3 during a a dash from her 2. If shr does that her 3 will damage all enemies on its path and bonus damage agaist thr target enemy .

I like it, seems a bit more appealing than just running fast like Gauss. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)Red Dough Boy said:

I like it, seems a bit more appealing than just running fast like Gauss. 

She can also trasition from a assassin/ summoner to a tank/ summoner using her ultimate. Her 4 allows her to summon a huge spider , if she recast her 4 she will fuse with the spider and alter her skills a bit and gain a lot of health.

added a new aaugment mod

[PH] Rage Virus (argument)  

Spoiler

Arachna adds a virus to her venom blade further buffing allies and turning enemies into berserkers.

Details

Allies

Allies also receive, upon killing an enemy heal for Enemy Base HP (affected by power strength )

Enemies

Enemies hit will berserk, he will drop his ranged weapon, receive the speed buff from venom blade and not be able to deal or receive damage from warframes or drop below 1 hp for 15 seconds. At the end of the duration, the enemy will receive all the damage he suffered from warframes.

Spiderlings

The ranged spiderling created has a chance to turn enemies into berserkers by attacking them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-21 at 6:33 PM, keikogi said:

Arachna, Spider Themed

arachne_2_1_by_masternomad1234_ddn3ozm-p

Art from @Masternomad here is link to his Deviart page.

https://www.deviantart.com/masternomad1234 

Stats 

Reveal hidden contents

Health 70 (210 at rank 30)

Armor 750 

Shield 100 (300 at rank 30)

Energy 150 (225 at rank 30)  

Sprint Speed 1.1 

Skills

I’ve developed this kit in conjunction with @Masternomad 

Passive

Arachna can walk and run in walls.

Arachna can interact with cocooned enemies to place eggs on then, parazon kills also plant eggs on enemies. After these enemies die , these eggs will hatch into spiderlings.

Spiderlings

Reveal hidden contents

Spiderling are also affected by the currently active venom, each type of venom will spawn a different type of spiderling.

Spiderling

Melee- pounces on enemies and hit them, each attack has a chance to lowers enemy armor.

Ranged- shoots venom, this venom, each attack has a chance to paralyze enemies

Explosive-pounces an enemy and explodes knocking down  

Spiderling Stats

Spiderling stats are based on Arachna stats and the enemy used to spawn them.

Heath= Enemy HP

Damage= 5% Enemy HP (100% for the explosive spiderling )

Shields= 0

Armor= Arachna Armor

Movement Speed= 1.5 Arachna Movement Speed

Behavior

Spiderlings will react to Arachna skills mimicking Arachna behavior

Whenever Arachna cast her 1, the spiderlings will become invisible as well.

Whenever Arachna cast her 2, the spiderlings will target cocooned targets until all cocooned targets are dead

Whenever Arachna cast her 3, the spiderlings will pounce towards the closest enemy

Spiderling Types

All spiderlings are born melee spiderlings. Arachna can change their type by casting skills on them.

Explosive spiderling are created by casting web cannon on spiderling

Ranged spiderling are created by casting Venom Blade on a spiderling.

1. Venous Stalker (25) - Tap (Neurotoxin); Hold (Cytotoxin)

Arachna conceals herself and increases her bullet jump. Invisibility last for 3/5/7/9 seconds but breaks as soon as the player melee strikes or fires his gun. Bullet jump increases by 10/15/20/25% also last for 10 but will not end as soon as the player breaks stealth.

Reveal hidden contents

Animation- snap her fingers and the sacks change to the color of the activated venom, while the buff is active the sacks keep pulsating. For a few seconds after the activation venom drips from the glands.

Design Note: Each venom supports a play style neurotoxin helps run and run slyles and cytoxin supports casters.

2.Web Canon  

Targeting terrain (10 energy)

Arachna launches a spider web threads towards the target terrain/wall them she will quickly dash towards that wall. Dash speed scales with bullet jump speed.

Targeting Allies (10 energy)

Arachna launches a spider web threads towards the target ally them she will quickly dash towards that wall. Dash speed scales with bullet jump speed.

Targeting enemies (10 energy + 5 energy per target, caps at 8 targets)

Arachna launches web threads at enemies in a cone in front of her. Encases targeted enemies will be cocooned (counts as immobilization, same cc as Harrow’s 1) .

Note: If Arachna cast this skill on a enemy cocooned enemy she will dash towards that enemy

Targeting spiderling (10 energy)

Arachna launches a spider web threads towards the targeted spiderling forcing it on a cocoon. The cocooned spiderling will turn into a explosive spiderling.

3. Venom Blade (Tap- targets closest target to the Crosshair) (Hold- Targets Self)

Aranhe lunges as the target and stabs it with her venom blade, may target allies or enemies.

Enemy:

Arachna will pounce towards the enemy and strikes the target with her Venom Blade dealing 300 Piercing damage + 700 Toxin damage (scales with mods equipped on the melee weapon) and causes a guaranteed toxin proc. Additionally, Targeted enemy has his internal organs converted into corrosive sludge. Upon death this enemy will blow up dealing 150% of His MaxHP as Toxin damage on a 10 meters radius. This attack uses parazon animations (if available otherwise the frame will fall back into using dagger animations) and if it kills the target it counts as mercy kill (meaning it will trigger both parazon mods and Arachna’s passive).

Synergy: Casting this while invisible will add finisher damage to the attack (finisher damage equal to the amount of missing HP on the target).

SynergyTM: casting this skill on a cocooned enemy will double its damage.

SynergyTM: During the dash from web canon this skill has Increased range (by 3 times) and damage enemy on the path to the target.

Targeting an ally

Arachna will pounce towards the ally and strike the target with her Venom Blade. The venom has unique effects on warframes strengthening them. The target warframe will receive reduced damage by 50% (unaffected by mods) and Increases the target attack speed by 30/37/45/50% and firing speed by 30/37/45/50%.

Spiderling

Arachna will pounce towards the ally and strike the target with her Venom Blade. The spiderling will quickly mutate into a ranged spiderling.

[PH] Rage Virus (argument)  

Reveal hidden contents

Arachna adds a virus to her venom blade further buffing allies and turning enemies into berserkers.

Details

Allies

Allies also receive, upon killing an enemy heal for Enemy Base HP (affected by power strength )

Enemies

Enemies hit will berserk, he will drop his ranged weapon, receive the speed buff from venom blade and not be able to deal or receive damage from warframes or drop below 1 hp for 15 seconds. At the end of the duration, the enemy will receive all the damage he suffered from warframes.

Spiderlings

The ranged spiderling created has a chance to turn enemies into berserkers by attacking them.

4. Spider queen

Arachna summons the spider queen from the underground. Spider Queen will react to Aranhe skills mimicking Arachna behavior

Whenever Arachna uses her 1, the queen will burrow underground, as soon as Arachna reapers the queen will unborrow

Whenever Arachna uses her 2 the queen will attack cocooned enemies. Attacks against cocooned enemies have lifesteal.

Whenever Arachna uses her 3(targeting an ally), the queen will pounce towards a target and bite it dealing heavy toxin damage.

Whenever Arachna use her 3 (targeting an ally), the queen will buff herself and spiderlings (75% damage reduction)

Arachna can tap 4 to fuse with the queen. Holding 4 will dismiss the queen (Simaris will thank you) . 

The fusion will sacrifice mobility for durability and CC. Essentially is a shift from mobility assassin to CC tank. Current Pitch During the ultimate the spiderling cap is raised to 8 (or change the spider queen to raise the cap to 8 and this combined form just inherits the benefit)

Reveal hidden contents

1. Burrow

Burrows underground and moves quickly for 9 seconds. If you recast this skill or use a melee strike Arachna will unborrow and know down all nearby enemies.

2. Web Bomb

Thrown a dense ball of webs, upon contact it will be blown up cocooning all enemies caught in the blast radius. Additionally, it will create a eb dome that will slow down all enemies trying to pass through.

3. Venom Blade

Targeting allies

Same as old

Targeting enemy

Swings twice with her blades damaging all enemies on small cone in form of her. Frist hit happens with the needle blade and reduces armor and the second hit deal heavy damage.

4. Switches back.

Any feedback on these skills are welcomed.

I really enjoyed this warframe. Congratulations on Design and skills.

I'll give more detailed feedback later, for now I just want to say two things:

1) Holy crap that art is awesome

2) Try and streamline this design a bit. Every single aspect of this 'frame (passive, all four abilities, even the augment), they all do multiple things. That's A LOT of stuff you're expecting the average player to remember: keep in mind, Warframe is a game with little to no difficulty, and that is a trait that negatively impacts 'frames with complex designs. Why would I play this warframe, if Nidus or Saryn can already accomplish similar things with half the set-up time and half the stuff for the player to remember?

Let's take her 2 as an example: that's a rip line when used on terrain, a single-target ability when used on an ally, and an AoE ability when used on enemies. That's too much stuff for the player to remember, and it might also be problematic in terms of implementation (what happens if an ally happens to be within the cone of the "cast at enemies" version of the skill? And of course terrain is also going to be within the cone, so how will the system distinguish between an instance cast at terrain and an instance cast at a cone of enemies?). Instead, removing the rip line bit, and making it an AoE move that always targets everyone within a cone (with allies getting a buff and enemies getting cocooned) would make it a lot easier to rmember how it works, and to use it effectively. Similar reasonings could be applied to all of her abilities, but the 2 was the most glaring case here.

So yeah, that's what you should be doing IMO: instead of power, think about usability. Focus first and foremost on making a concept players would be happy to use: make it so her kit does few but very rewarding things, and make sure those things are both fitting of the theme and effective within the core loop of this game. For now you have the first part down, the second not so much.

Edited by TearsOfTomorrow

On 2020-01-24 at 8:33 PM, (PS4)JhonnCHROMA said:

I really enjoyed this warframe. Congratulations on Design and skills.

Thx , the art is not mine but I do have the artist permission. Even had a bit of imput on the art. 

Have look on his page there is another warframe there, a shield ( physical shield ) frame. 

https://www.deviantart.com/masternomad1234/art/Warframe-Luxuria-823166812

On 2020-01-25 at 1:38 PM, TearsOfTomorrow said:

2) Try and streamline this design a bit. Every single aspect of this 'frame (passive, all four abilities, even the augment), they all do multiple things. That's A LOT of stuff you're expecting the average player to remember: keep in mind, Warframe is a game with little to no difficulty, and that is a trait that negatively impacts 'frames with complex designs. Why would I play this warframe, if Nidus or Saryn can already accomplish similar things with half the set-up time and half the stuff for the player to remember?

The fist part of the passive is just fluff alll frames can stick to all effecivily indefinitively. 

The spiderlin part probably will loose conection with the rest of the kit due to burden of knowlegde and just be chance or summon each type or receive a lyfe cicle ( bite , spite , explode ) 

Let's take her 2 as an example: that's a rip line when used on terrain, a single-target ability when used on an ally, and an AoE ability when used on enemies. That's too much stuff for the player to remember, and it might also be problematic in terms of implementation (what happens if an ally happens to be within the cone of the "cast at enemies" version of the skill? And of course terrain is also going to be within the cone, so how will the system distinguish between an instance cast at terrain and an instance cast at a cone of enemies?). Instead, removing the rip line bit, and making it an AoE move that always targets everyone within a cone (with allies getting a buff and enemies getting cocooned) would make it a lot easier to rmember how it works, and to use it effectively. Similar reasonings could be applied to all of her abilities, but the 2 was the most glaring case here.

The 2 is alot simpler them it seens because it always does the same thing , it just has a auto recast when you arget a wall or allie because you can't cocoon a wall or your allies. 

let me explain with images. 

"Targetting a wall"

xrVpjL0.png

The skill checks for enemies on the cone(up to 8 , there are no enemies and she dashes to the wall. 

OdFXObQ.png

If you target a enemy , the skill will check the cone and target up to 8 targets 

LbcoLkg.png

If you target an ally , it will check the cone for enemies then dash towards the ally.

Note: if you targeted a wall and there were enemies on on the cone the skill would launch a spider thread towards. 

The skill always does the same thing , launch 1spider theard in the player crosshair , them check a cone for enemies. Up to 8 enemies will be target on the cone. The player may reacast to dash , if the player targets a ally or walll the dash happens automatically ( qality of life change ). 

The 3 has a self buff because of the rise of ability imuniy enemies so no self buff on a frame is a bad idea. 

The 4 allow for a fusion because it was originally planed as a reference to dryders on DnD but the full art never came. I have a few WIPs but the artist does not like to show Whips so I will not show them. 

Why would I play this warframe, if Nidus or Saryn can already accomplish similar things with half the set-up time and half the stuff for the player to remember?

Why would you play anytjing that's not a EHP wall or AOE nuker ? That's what works on the game. A summoner/ Assasin is naturaly a bad Idea on warframe. Even with the random self buff and extra EHP she would not be an amazing frame. She probably would be a decent all arounder like Nezha. That's about it.  

About the art say hello to the artist , he has alot of amazing pieces , I placed I link to one of his frame desings above.

Edited by keikogi

• 1 month later...

Streamlined the kit and archieved the old version. The synergiese and scaling will come later and hidden behind spoiler tabs. There is new art coming related to the Quenn (now named Archaria) , spiderling and fusion. I will add them when they come out.

Ive seen quite a few spider frame concepts already and i would have to say this one leans on the more fleshed out of ideas, however there is still one thing that is an anathema to me whenever i see this concept used and that is the idea of walking on walls.

It is probably one of the most technically awkward thing to imagine within the game due to the fact that many of the walls and roofs were not meant for horizontal movement aside from very specific sections. Even if we go with the idea of simply allowing a complete orientation shift to allow full range movement on walls and roofs the general perspective shift would become quite awkward when trying to flow into melee, and overall i feel like the advantages this ability provides would end up a little too gimmicky in the end if not handled correctly.

I'm genuinely curious how you would handle this so that it would synergize better with the kit as well.

Edited by Kahniji
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kahniji said:

Ive seen quite a few spider frame concepts already and i would have to say this one leans on the more fleshed out of ideas, however there is still one thing that is an anathema to me whenever i see this concept used and that is the idea of walking on walls.

It is probably one of the most technically awkward thing to imagine within the game due to the fact that many of the walls and roofs were not meant for horizontal movement aside from very specific sections. Even if we go with the idea of simply allowing a complete orientation shift to allow full range movement on walls and roofs the general perspective shift would become quite awkward when trying to flow into melee, and overall i feel like the advantages this ability provides would end up a little too gimmicky in the end if not handled correctly.

I'm genuinely curious how you would handle this so that it would synergize better with the kit as well.

The best work around I tough to implement it on the game is , replace wall latch by wall walk. If you can latch you can't walk.

About synergies with the kit the wall walking is more a fluff passive. Making it synergize with the kill probably would require the adition of pointless synergies ( x skill has a better effect if casted on a wall ).

39 minutes ago, keikogi said:

The best work around I tough to implement it on the game is , replace wall latch by wall walk. If you can latch you can't walk.

About synergies with the kit the wall walking is more a fluff passive. Making it synergize with the kill probably would require the adition of pointless synergies ( x skill has a better effect if casted on a wall ).

I had a similar thought actually, but rather than limiting it to the existing wall what if you created temporary geometry (walls/webs) that only you could wall jump/walk as long as there was close enough terrain and it could extend beyond to no nearby terrain for the remainder of you wall latch time. The idea is still way to underdeveloped for my liking but it might be worth something thinking about more, i dunno.

and it doesn't have to synergize statistically, think of how this particular movement can enhance the other abilities play style wise, like how wukongs cloud is made so that he can smoothly drop into the middle of enemies for deadly melee attacks and then drop right back out, or how zephyer falls slower so that they can more easily aim and cast their abilities airborne, how could some sort of stable movement mechanic on walls/ceilings play into your abilities strengths?   

Edited by Kahniji

20 hours ago, Kahniji said:

I had a similar thought actually, but rather than limiting it to the existing wall what if you created temporary geometry (walls/webs) that only you could wall jump/walk as long as there was close enough terrain and it could extend beyond to no nearby terrain for the remainder of you wall latch time. The idea is still way to underdeveloped for my liking but it might be worth something thinking about more, i dunno.

and it doesn't have to synergize statistically, think of how this particular movement can enhance the other abilities play style wise, like how wukongs cloud is made so that he can smoothly drop into the middle of enemies for deadly melee attacks and then drop right back out, or how zephyer falls slower so that they can more easily aim and cast their abilities airborne, how could some sort of stable movement mechanic on walls/ceilings play into your abilities strengths?   

I think the Idea of a spider frame using webing to create geometry chagging both mobility and the battlefield would be amazing but I don't have the time nor the desing space ( this kit already has a lot od moving part , I will update all the extra stuff of synergies , scaling and the stuff the summons , how to control them and so on . ultimately , the focus of this kit is the spiderlings and the queen and the fusion , they occupy a lot of desing space and their art comming SOON) to implement it. 

But I did make a positioning bases chage if you strike the target from behind it will both do the initial damahe them perform a finisher on the target procing parazon mods ).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
9 minutes ago, Teoarrk said:

The art for this frame looks amazing. Props to both of you for working on a drider concept that is fairly balanced with a fairly appropriate skillset!

Look at the spoilers section for the 4th skill and 3rd. There are some whips you may like to see. 

This frame was our submission to the warframe desing contest.