Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

UPDATE FAILED!! DOWNLOADE DATA WAS CORRUPTED

BamaObarrack305

Question

FOR THE 4TH TIME! NOT BEING RUDE BUT THIS PROBLEM'S KILLING ME

LOVE THIS GAME BUT THIS IS ANNOYING, DE FIX IT MAN COME ON.....

the first time solved by changing the language and do some tweaking

2nd and 3rd time solved by allowing the program thru firewall

BUT THIS TIME the 4th time even some (with all due respect) "ADVICE" from [DE] is not working

restart my PC,steam and internet ? FAIL

allow programs thru firewall ? FAIL

check the VPN and Proxy from Whatsmyip.com ? FAIL

changing the language and some tweaking ? FAIL

RE-INSTALLING ? FAIL

come on, im tired with this

please help anyone 🙂

Edited by BamaObarrack305

11 answers to this question

One you don't have listed is checking your harddrives for potential failure which could become very serious if it is the case. 

I'd advise checking them for the manufacturer, heading over to the manufacturers website and they should have some more aggressive (tho still non destructive) diagnostic utilities than are present in Windows. 

Cause failing drives could theoretically cause fairly consistent data corruption. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oreades said:

One you don't have listed is checking your harddrives for potential failure which could become very serious if it is the case. 

I'd advise checking them for the manufacturer, heading over to the manufacturers website and they should have some more aggressive (tho still non destructive) diagnostic utilities than are present in Windows. 

Cause failing drives could theoretically cause fairly consistent data corruption. 

At last, a decent help

Thanks mate u'r probably right, i never thought about this thing be4

8 hours ago, Shalath said:

I would also test your RAM as I had exactly the same issue when my RAM was failing a couple off years ago and I initially thought it was my SSD.

https://www.memtest86.com/

That is definitely a good place to check as well and frankly I'd much rather have my memory trying to die on me than my harddrive. Playing the emergency backup game is never fun and you always always always manage to forget something. 

• Like 1

Check windows drive for errors? https://www.google.com/search?q=check+windows+drive+for+errors

How much free space you have? A few GB (gigabytes) of free space or more is needed for some update.

If using some anti-virus, maybe turn off antivirus? Some might interfere with game files. Windows defender that is built into windows 10 should be fine, but unsure about other antivirus software.

Maybe the storage device might just be failing. Check with a S.M.A.R.T. utility like crystaldiskinfo or other tools to check.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BamaObarrack305 said:

FOR THE 4TH TIME FFS!! NOT BEING RUDE BUT THIS PROBLEM'sS KILLING ME

LOVE THIS GAME BUT THIS IS ANNOYING, DE FIX IT MAN COME ON.....

the first time solved by changing the language and do some tweaking

2nd and 3rd time solved by allowing the program thru firewall

BUT THIS TIME the 4th time even some (with all due respect) "ADVICE" from [DE] is not working

restart my PC,steam and internet ? FAIL

allow programs thru firewall ? FAIL

check the VPN and Proxy from Whatsmyip.com ? FAIL

changing the language and some tweaking ? FAIL

RE-INSTALLING ? FAIL

come on mate, im tired with this problem 

please help anyone 🙂

... did you try downloading it through DE's website?

I mean... Steam is basically an ordnance bunker waiting to explode so... Also, it isn't *the only way* to play online games (or any game, for that matter)... I don't know, I've never had problems downloading it through DE's website...

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Shalath said:

test your RAM

This is important.

I had bad ram for years, and didn't know it.
Just thought the game had stability issues.
Was constantly checking integrity of game cache,
playing safe by leaving early all the time so I didn't lose rewards.
Was totally and entirely on my end the whole time.

It's super duper frustrating, but we gotta pull our punches
and be careful not to shout down DE for something that
still has a good chance of being our system.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sam686 said:

Check windows drive for errors? https://www.google.com/search?q=check+windows+drive+for+errors

How much free space you have? A few GB (gigabytes) of free space or more is needed for some update.

If using some anti-virus, maybe turn off antivirus? Some might interfere with game files. Windows defender that is built into windows 10 should be fine, but unsure about other antivirus software.

Maybe the storage device might just be failing. Check with a S.M.A.R.T. utility like crystaldiskinfo or other tools to check.

1tb on D and 200gb on E, both my RAM and harddrive are okay, im only using the built in antivirus from windows 10
but when i try to allow the program thru firewall (after i re-install it) my warframe.exe is missing,so i dunno 

7 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... did you try downloading it through DE's website?

I mean... Steam is basically an ordnance bunker waiting to explode so... Also, it isn't *the only way* to play online games (or any game, for that matter)... I don't know, I've never had problems downloading it through DE's website...

hmmmm ur right, i'll try it 
thanks tho