Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paracesis MR too high?

(NSW)Riophilip

I am here to highlight what I believe to be a large problem with the Paracesis. Namely, its MR requirement. Much excitement is being built up for your upcoming quest The New War, however, there are some players who cannot enjoy it right away. The Paracesis has a MR requirement of 10, which I believe to be too high as it will clearly be necessary in the quest, I believe its requirement should be decreased. My argument for this is that certain players must tediously grind to reach this rank and that this takes a long time. I myself have the ability to fit in enough time to do this daily, but others are not so lucky. Being a story quest, it does not make sense that a player must put multiple hours into the game simply grinding,many they have already spent that time reaching this point. The previous quest, in which the blueprint for Paracesis is acquired, has only a MR requirement of 7. This sudden jump from 7 to 10 makes no sense. Of course, I completely understand your intentions with this barrier- to ensure a player is familiar enough with the game to progress, but you must remember, this player has just completed hours of other quests, has fought all major bosses, grinded for other things, fought rail guardians, empowered his operator, collected 1000 ducats, Cetus wisps, defeated the eidolon multiple times, has done all this and much more! Surely by now they are ready to progress, to play a simple quest! Of course, those who grind and put much work into the game should be rewarded! But not with the story! The story of warframe is magnificent! I shed tears at the beauty of The Second Dream! Why now should I be stopped from witnessing the grand finale of this epic adventure?! In conclusion, the Paracesis MR should be decreased to seven as this is what a player simply playing the story will have. This is because it makes no logical sense. I hope you will consider my proposal.

17 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

I am here to highlight what I believe to be a large problem with the Paracesis. Namely, its MR requirement. Much excitement is being built up for your upcoming quest The New War, however, there are some players who cannot enjoy it right away. The Paracesis has a MR requirement of 10, which I believe to be too high as it will clearly be necessary in the quest, I believe its requirement should be decreased. My argument for this is that certain players must tediously grind to reach this rank and that this takes a long time. I myself have the ability to fit in enough time to do this daily, but others are not so lucky. Being a story quest, it does not make sense that a player must put multiple hours into the game simply grinding,many they have already spent that time reaching this point. The previous quest, in which the blueprint for Paracesis is acquired, has only a MR requirement of 7. This sudden jump from 7 to 10 makes no sense. Of course, I completely understand your intentions with this barrier- to ensure a player is familiar enough with the game to progress, but you must remember, this player has just completed hours of other quests, has fought all major bosses, grinded for other things, fought rail guardians, empowered his operator, collected 1000 ducats, Cetus wisps, defeated the eidolon multiple times, has done all this and much more! Surely by now they are ready to progress, to play a simple quest! Of course, those who grind and put much work into the game should be rewarded! But not with the story! The story of warframe is magnificent! I shed tears at the beauty of The Second Dream! Why now should I be stopped from witnessing the grand finale of this epic adventure?! In conclusion, the Paracesis MR should be decreased to seven as this is what a player simply playing the story will have. This is because it makes no logical sense. I hope you will consider my proposal.

Know what #*!% it, I will agree to this not because I think it is a good idea but simply because everything is this game is constantly being dumb down or easily accessible to muh new players. Just make everything an MR 0 requirement #*!% it. I give up

5 minutes ago, BananaSlamJamma said:

Know what #*!% it, I will agree to this not because I think it is a good idea but simply because everything is this game is constantly being dumb down or easily accessible to muh new players. Just make everything an MR 0 requirement #*!% it. I give up

Perhaps you are right, while I believe certain things should have a higher MR, this weapon is a lock to the story, which I believe should be very easily accessible.

there are many lack in warframe,,I found out about  Paracesis reading forum,and asked myself what is this  Paracesis,just came out nothing official said,Its like wtf ,like note plz

ohh I had to what twitch or whateverr is the flavor of the month.DE make your release update with all info of new item.cuz by experience INDEX is not to trust

2 minutes ago, Ouinpis said:

there are many lack in warframe,,I found out about  Paracesis reading forum,and asked myself what is this  Paracesis,just came out nothing official said,Its like wtf ,like note plz

ohh I had to what twitch or whateverr is the flavor of the month.DE make your release update with all info of new item.cuz by experience INDEX is not to trust

I 100% agree with your coherent statement. Paracesis is way to hard to acquire and there was no announcement of its arrival like wow!

MR 10 isn't very hard to achieve to be perfectly honest. You need 250,000 mastery total to get from MR 0 to MR 10, and there's about 1,600,000 mastery's worth of items readily available in game right now (which isn't counting currently vaulted primes, event weapons, or weapons from Baro Ki'Teer). Assuming you only rank up weapons, that's about 84 weapons' worth of mastery, and stuff like Warframes, Archwings, Sentinels, and pets are worth double that. You'll hit MR 10 far before the New War releases if you consistently rank up items.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

MR 10 isn't very hard to achieve to be perfectly honest. You need 250,000 mastery total to get from MR 0 to MR 10, and there's about 1,600,000 mastery's worth of items readily available in game right now (which isn't counting currently vaulted primes, event weapons, or weapons from Baro Ki'Teer). Assuming you only rank up weapons, that's about 84 weapons' worth of mastery, and stuff like Warframes, Archwings, Sentinels, and pets are worth double that. You'll hit MR 10 far before the New War releases if you consistently rank up items.

Sure, you are completely right, but the thing is:

1. This takes a while, a newer player will have trouble with the most effective affinity methods such as ESO, and will be forced into spy missions. This is tedious, and while I have the time, I know many others who don't. And, remember, the people whom this is a problem for will have most done the story. By this point, it is very unlikely they will have even reached MR8. Anyway, you said "consistently". That's the problem. These people can't do it consistently. Also, these people would like to do something else, play a different game. If they spend a few hours on warframe a day, sure, they will make it. But why do something boring on a game that seems to be punishing you when you could play something fun? Or read a book? I hope you see my point.

2. I simply don't think anyone should have to do this grinding in the first place. Being rewarded with the most powerful weapon in a game is reasonable, but The Story itself as a reward? I don't think that's reasonable, do you?

3. It is hard for a newbie to aquire more war frames, arch wings, pets. And to grind for 84 weapons? Then Rank all of them up? And be forced to sell your favorite ones because you don't have enough slots? Isn't that maybe a bit over the top?

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

still fact for me let say at the time 8k hours,full available weapon in stock,had to tell my friend 10k hours full inventary also,,guess what we missing out on a weapon

1000 ducat might seem like nothing,but we earn them,and not all player have spare part to give away for that particular weapon and buy aslot,,rank soo many time to get to 40

think the torture is high enuff no need to makee it MR 10

1 hour ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

I think Eidolon Shards are more troublesome for new players rather than MR, not many people would carry newbie for 5 hunts and anyone with good enough preparation to tackle eidolon are most likely already past MR 10.

And nobody can carry a newbie through MR either...

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

5 hours ago, Ouinpis said:

Yeah because when people see there's a new quest they do it.

9 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

1. This takes a while, a newer player will have trouble with the most effective affinity methods such as ESO, and will be forced into spy missions. This is tedious, and while I have the time, I know many others who don't. And, remember, the people whom this is a problem for will have most done the story. By this point, it is very unlikely they will have even reached MR8. Anyway, you said "consistently". That's the problem. These people can't do it consistently. Also, these people would like to do something else, play a different game. If they spend a few hours on warframe a day, sure, they will make it. But why do something boring on a game that seems to be punishing you when you could play something fun? Or read a book? I hope you see my point.

Io, Helene, Hydron, and any dark sector mission is better suited for a newer player, especially the DS nodes. Most have extra affinity gain for specific kills. Heck even regular Onslaught is better suited for newer players, not ESO.

2. I simply don't think anyone should have to do this grinding in the first place. Being rewarded with the most powerful weapon in a game is reasonable, but The Story itself as a reward? I don't think that's reasonable, do you?

Warframe is a grind game. Even when you get Paracesis you have to put 5 forma into it to even get the full potential out of it. If newer players don't like the grind aspect then this isn't the game for them.

3. It is hard for a newbie to aquire more war frames, arch wings, pets. And to grind for 84 weapons? Then Rank all of them up? And be forced to sell your favorite ones because you don't have enough slots? Isn't that maybe a bit over the top?

Nightwave gives out slots now as rank up rewards. Selling prime parts for plat is also a viable option.

Realistically you should hit MR 10 well before you complete the star chart.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Io, Helene, Hydron, and any dark sector mission is better suited for a newer player, especially the DS nodes. Most have extra affinity gain for specific kills. Heck even regular Onslaught is better suited for newer players, not ESO.

Warframe is a grind game. Even when you get Paracesis you have to put 5 forma into it to even get the full potential out of it. If newer players don't like the grind aspect then this isn't the game for them.

Nightwave gives out slots now as rank up rewards. Selling prime parts for plat is also a viable option.

Realistically you should hit MR 10 well before you complete the star chart.

The argument above, "Warframe is a grind game" is an interesting topic. I have heard this cited countless times, but there is one thing everyone forgets. When you do that grinding in real life, what are you grinding for? You are grinding for a weapon, a warframe, some argon crystals. Name the last time you grinded for a story quest! I am not saying the Paracesis is too hard to get. I am saying it shouldn't be too hard to get because it is necessary for the story. I don't care about the weapon, I care about The New War. If the Paracesis wasn't necessary, which it clearly is ( ..."it is the only way your war can end.", ..."don't sell the peracisis, guys." (Devstream 122)) I wouldn't have made this topic.

" Realistically you should hit MR ten well before you complete the star chart" Again! Realistically is only from your point of view! It is completely normal to only look form one POV, but we are looking form a perspective of someone who is just following quests, digressing every now and then because something looked interesting. I doubt they will have even made it to seven! Selling prime parts? A rare one could fetch you 40p. A rare one, which is, in fact, rare. You might get 2 or 3 p for a regular one. But you need to sell them to Baro because you need 1000 ducats to even build the sword! One last time, before any argument is made, we must think from the perspective of someone who can't spend all the time on this game, a perspective I know all too well. The story of warframe is incredible I shed real tears at some quests. I don't want to give up on this magnificent epic! I want to see the ending! I have done so much in the game already, surely by now I am ready to finish it! I don't want to give up on it, to be told " it isn't the right game for you" I want to see it. But I can't until I do that which "I" don't have the ability to do. Before giving a counterargument, please think carefully about EVERYTHING I have said.

Thank you.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

1 hour ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

I think you're mistaking Warframe for a paid single-player game.

You can get to MR 10 in 10 days, and the Paracesis is a pretty damn good sword, so it makes sense that its requirements are higher than a lot of other swords.

"you can get to MR 10 in 10 days" no offense, but this is simply very improbable. Gaining 84 individually different weapons, war frames and arch wings, then doing the grinding, which, I will remind you, consists of regular onslaught (at a stretch), spy missions and regular gameplay is definitely not possible in 10 days, nor in much longer. Perhaps if you played all day for a few weeks you might manage, but this is, again, for people who don't have that time.

"the Paracesis is a pretty damn good sword" For the something-thousandth time, of course, a great weapon should be hard to get! But I, and the others, are not interested in the sword. We are interested In the story content behind it! (See above for proof of this statement) I stand firm in my statement that story should not be hard to aquire. Make it hard to play, fine, but not impossible! Name a single other main quest in warframe that you had to grind for! Grinding should be rewarded, but not with the story. The story IS the game. Yes, warframe is a Grindy game, but all that grinding is for mods and weapons! Never for the quests! I, myself, play a game for a good story, which warframe has in abundance. Very well, let me not have something that can one-shot Tyl Regor! But let me have the literal GOAL of the game! I hope you see what I mean.

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

"you can get to MR 10 in 10 days" no offense, but this is simply very improbable. Gaining 84 individually different weapons, war frames and arch wings, then doing the grinding, which, I will remind you, consists of regular onslaught (at a stretch), spy missions and regular gameplay

It's really not as hard as you make it seem and, personally, I like defense over Onslaught. Playing Onslaught with rank 0 gear is pretty much just leeching. In defense you can actually contribute. There are plenty of defense dark sectors with affinity bonus.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

We are interested In the story content behind it!

What content? There's no proof it's gonna be a requirement for the New War.

It could be something that helps you face an enemy, but as far as I know, DE hasn't explicitly said "The Paracesis is a must/requirement to play the New War".

7 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

"you can get to MR 10 in 10 days" no offense, but this is simply very improbable. Gaining 84 individually different weapons, war frames and arch wings, then doing the grinding, which, I will remind you, consists of regular onslaught (at a stretch), spy missions and regular gameplay is definitely not possible in 10 days, nor in much longer. Perhaps if you played all day for a few weeks you might manage, but this is, again, for people who don't have that time.

Its definitely doable, if you have been hoarding a lot of BPs, craft them and let them sit in the foundry waiting to be claimed, you can power level them in Hydron/Helene later when you get affinity booster from daily login or sortie, a single run for 15-20 waves to max out 3 weapons can be done in ~15 minutes. Heck, there was one time I maxed out 30+ mastery fodders (and forma'd some weapons too) after I get 3 days booster from sortie.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

It could be something that helps you face an enemy, but as far as I know, DE hasn't explicitly said "The Paracesis is a must/requirement to play the New War".

And this. Paracesis only gives bonus damage to sentient and ability to reset adaptation. It most likely won't be required for New War when you can just fit any melee with Sacrificial mods for the bonus damage and reset adaptation with operator.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

It's really not as hard as you make it seem and, personally, I like defense over Onslaught. Playing Onslaught with rank 0 gear is pretty much just leeching. In defense you can actually contribute. There are plenty of defense dark sectors with affinity bonus.

But defense still takes time, possibly even longer, and where I live, it is very hard to find a squad for anything other than eidolon. Surely you can't give me a "warframe isn't right for your COUNTRY argument".

As for the content, I did state above that post two main pieces of evidence: Ballas explicitly states it is the only way the war can end, one of the devs said not to sell it because we will need it, (key word need) the wiki itself thinks so, and when I sent this to a dev he talked about needing it. And, really, "The sentient slayer" How could it not be necessary in a war against the most powerful sentient of all? (STORYWISE)

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

3 hours ago, (NSW)Mbek said:

Its definitely doable, if you have been hoarding a lot of BPs, craft them and let them sit in the foundry waiting to be claimed, you can power level them in Hydron/Helene later when you get affinity booster from daily login or sortie, a single run for 15-20 waves to max out 3 weapons can be done in ~15 minutes. Heck, there was one time I maxed out 30+ mastery fodders (and forma'd some weapons too) after I get 3 days booster from sortie.

And this. Paracesis only gives bonus damage to sentient and ability to reset adaptation. It most likely won't be required for New War when you can just fit any melee with Sacrificial mods for the bonus damage and reset adaptation with operator.

: That is, of course, when you get an affinity bonus. When you managed 30, how long were you playing each day? Please be honest. But once more, I'm not concerned about the grinding itself, it is hard for me due to certain external issues, and even harder for many others, I'm concerned about that we even need to grind in the first place. The Paracesis will be used in the new war. A dev confirmed that for me when I sent this to him. I am arguing that I shouldn't need to grind for story. And, sure it doesn't do much to sentiments, but the extra damage comes with the name. The point is to be a story prop. Is Excalibur Umbra the finest warframe in the game? Of course not. Yet, there was an entire cinematic quest devoted solely to him. Yes, it is a Grindy game, but name the last time you grinded for the story! 

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

If you say, "Even so, there is no explicit proof it will be used in the new war", then this is my stand: A dev will likely see this, as I was told by one of them, and he will know if it is necessary. 

If the Paracesis is necessary in the new war, its MR requirement should be decreased in order to allow restricted players quicker access to the main story.

As this has been a mistake in almost all arguments, I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH THE HARDNESS OF GRIDING ( AND NO, I AM NOT SAYING IT IS EASY EITHER, that would be a fallacy. If it is not hard, just do it, right?) I am concerned that some players need to do grinding to access the storyline.

No, grinding does not show they are familiar enough with the game to progress, cheesy methods does show the skill of the player. Defeating bosses, rail guardians, quests, probably fought the stalker, killed eidolon multiple times, familiar with Ki'teer. This is knowing a game, not the ability to t-pose on some infested bois while umbra breaks them, fueling your affinity booster. If you had never played warframe, and saw someone do that, and then someone solo the ropaoylist, who would you think is more skilled at the game? (Please don't say, guy 1 because he is being smart)

Edited by (NSW)Riophilip

8 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

But defense still takes time, possibly even longer, and where I live, it is very hard to find a squad for anything other than eidolon. Surely you can't give me a "warframe isn't right for your COUNTRY argument".

Just change servers in the Options. Grineer Defense is still one of the best methods of leveling.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Riophilip said:

As for the content, I did state above that post two main pieces of evidence: Ballas explicitly states it is the only way the war can end, one of the devs said not to sell it because we will need it, (key word need) the wiki itself thinks so, and when I sent this to a dev he talked about needing it. And, really, "The sentient slayer" How could it not be necessary in a war against the most powerful sentient of all? (STORYWISE)

Still not definite proof.

As far as we know, it could also be necessary to some optional piece of content that could be released with the New War, like Kuva Siphons after The War Within.

I still don't think Paracesis requirements are too grindy, even if it could be story-related.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum