Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All grenade launchers suggestion

Scar.brother.help.me

Hi! And straight to the point!

My suggestion to all the grenade launchers/mine throwers to have a CHARGE mechanic which only affects the throw velocity, no changes to damage/any other stats. Just to be able to throw it closer or further. Just like Quake 2.

-------

P.S: "Another thing, this type of weapon has quite a lot of cons:

- low ammo (very low)

- self damage

- pretty small explosion range of 5-7m

- projectile

- no impressive damage

What are the pros then?"

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

My suggestion to all the grenade launchers/mine throwers to have a CHARGE mechanic which only affects the throw velocity, no changes to damage/any other stats. Just to be able to throw it closer or further. Just like Quake 2.

Why?
That seems like it would just make it much more annoying to use.

What would be the benefit?
You can already hit close or far purely depending on how you aim the weapon, and I find this very easy to control if I want to get close to me, to the back of a large room by arcing my shot, or anywhere in-between.

I would hate for every single grenade launcher to turn into the Ogris where I have to sit there and charge it for 2 seconds before firing it otherwise the grenade just lands at my feet and insta-kills me.
And if I'm using one like the torrid for spreading some procs around it would still be useless to go "Ok group of enemies, start charging.....oh wait now the enemy pack has spread out making it useless...."

This just seems like it would make all of the grenade launchers super annoying to use.

So what would be the benefit of this?

1 hour ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

What are the pros then?"

Depends really on what you call "impressive damage"...you have to have some form of baseline here for comparison.
Weapons like the penta are actually pretty decent even two C rotations into a high level endless mode, and can be used quite effectively on disruption nodes as a line of defense around a console.

The fact is that for all of the game they do quite well at destroying groups of enemies, and can do it quite a bit further if you have decent rivens for them.
But if you only consider the super high end 1+ hour into mot or something then sure they are going to fall short...but at that point nearly everything will.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scar.brother.help.me said:

- no impressive damage

There are arguments that the Lenz (Kinda a launcher?), Secura Penta, Orgis, Simulor (and syndicate variant) are one of the most useful and damaging weapons in the game. All of which are endgame viable for more than one reason. 

Launchers suck against armor regardless. I had a rivened Tonkor and Lenz - barely worth to use on Bounty V in plains. Lenz wins by a small margin since its arc is arrow type, not grenade. Grenade gravity is total bull, even with Zephyr's Turbulence it barely travels 70 meters.

Status Penta feels different in regards that you shower enemies with grenades. You can kill them ofc, just need a couple of mags.

Launchers are for fun, better suited VS non-armored targets, not suited for serious challenge.