Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave lesson learned

Mortaria

Just don't pay any effort into nightwave. Since we get the rewards from season 1 in intermission 2 now by basically doing nothing.

Well I guess I take the free loot if I complete a task here and there by accident, but I won't actively farm NW again. No need to do so when nothing is exclusive.

Don't get me wrong. This is not a hate-post. I don't hate on Nightwave in any way. I just think it's not worth being actively played.

It's an intermission for one thing and there are some unique decorations.

Having the stuff come back in intermissions helps people who missed it the first time.  Also there is umbra forma.

Lastly I'll say nightwave replaced alerts.  You can get everything from the old alerts, easier now than ever and there is extra stuff... People complain to much.

• Like 5

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)Eluminary:

It's an intermission for one thing and there are some unique decorations.

Having the stuff come back in intermissions helps people who missed it the first time.  Also there is umbra forma.

Lastly I'll say nightwave replaced alerts.  You can get everything from the old alerts, easier now than ever and there is extra stuff... People complain to much.

you completely missed the topic

Do I miss something 30 ranks 10k each rank 300k points required at season 1 for the armor. In this intermission its 30 ranks did they lower the requirement for each rank? for if its 10k still then this armor is a 300k point effort to so how is that giving it away for nothing?

I see the thing the same way as Mortaria.

I feel frustrated because i spend Much time on the First season of Nightwave, and it dosent feels like i should have done so. It was a waste of effortd and time(or at least it feels like this)

Sry Eluminary but i think if you dont get the frustation of those who payed that ammount of efford you're way in the wrong topic here.

-This is just my personal oppinion and feeling about this!!!! and sorry for my bad grammer, im not eng native-

I think that's a good thing. One of the draws I find of Warframe (for better or worse) is that the game is extremely casual. Nightwave was one of the few things where I did not want to miss it and I'm sure other people know the pains you go through to obtain something collectible. But now knowing that the items will go on rotation maybe twice a year is reassuring. Better than waiting for Prime unvaulting (that's another topic).

My only concern is what happens when we have too many Nightwave stories. Will the gap between repeats get longer or will DE throw old Nightwave rewards into something else that can be accessed more frequently?

• Like 1

For what it's worth I'm anything but a White Knight, I criticize things from DE all the time, I'm super worried for example about where melee is heading, but having extra opportunities for people who missed the other night waves, along with extra Umbra forma for those of us who didn't, I'm all for, would be nice if the cosmetics gave us at least cred instead or something for those of us who already have them, but, I feel like overall Nightwave is a semi low-effort on their end positive experience for us, I'm in general a fan, especially now that they've relaxed the offending ones that felt like too much effort for their value, 1hr survival, 3x Forma, Gilding.

26 minutes ago, Mortaria said:

I just think it's not worth being actively played.

It was never worth being actively played. The entire point is it isn't something to be actively played, but done while doing other things.

Nothing is exclusive beyond Excal P.

• Like 1

Seems like a perfectly rational idea. If you don't want anything from it, don't do it! And those who want stuff from it, can. Simple enough. I want the ephemera myself so I'll at least get to tier 15 but there is no reason for me to grind to 30 so I wont.

Edited by IntheCoconut

Muh exclusivity reeeee, everything must be limited time only or it isn't worth grinding for it reeeee!
Are the rewards for intermission rather wack? For those who did Series 1 and first Intermission, sure, but for players who were absent during those, it's nice that they can obtain the goodies without having to pay platinum for them. By OP's logic it isn't worth doing any limited-time events either since eventually, the items will be made available again through Baro or such (even when that can take a year or so to happen) so why bother getting them the first time! there is no sense of self-accomplishment for getting a exclusive item that nobody who didn't grind could get...if it's made available again.

A friend of mine missed out on the Wolf Armour because of family issues, it's great that they're going to get another chance to get something that so many others (including myself) have had and used for so long.

Nice one DE!

• Like 1

There's a line between "exclusive reward for effort" and "accessibility so as not to 'punish' non-hardcore players".

The trouble is, not only is that line very thin and blurry, it's in a different place for pretty much everyone who cares to have an opinion on the issue. There is no correct answer for where to draw that line, because wherever the devs draw it, some people are going to be unhappy. Celebrate when it works for you, throw your salt over your shoulder and move on when it doesn't.

• Like 3

I applaud nightwave for giving those who just like to be in the world something to push for. You can say it was repetitive but more boring in its absence. I think they need something else for more grind minded individuals (with purpose and reward of course) if you so choose to. 

Reestablishing and reintroducing forgotten systems with replayability should be focused on.

I think one of the reasons they put so much previous stuff into Intermission 2 was because Series 1 (and potentially Intermission 1) didn't have a catchup mechanic. So people who didn't pay attention or didn't hear about it had physically no way at all of getting those items. A friend of mine got back into Warframe within, like, the last few weeks of Series 2, ground out heavily and at almost the last minute, got the Rank 30 reward from it, which he couldn't have done without that catchup mechanic.

That said, I understand having exclusive things, exclusive things should BE exclusive for participating in certain things. Going forward, we now have a catchup mechanic, if people play the game midway through, they still have an ability to reach Rank 30, even if it requires some grinding away to do so. The window for exclusive goodies stays open a little longer as a result. That solves that.

And I definitely think there should be alternative rewards for people who reached Rank 30 in previous Series' so that if we have all this stuff, we'll get other things instead. Heck, maybe even a choice of what we want to put in those Ranks instead, that'd be great. More Kuva, boosters, maybe inventory slots is too much to ask for, but hey, three alternative things we can choose for those Ranks so we have more to work for sounds good to me.

I feel hardly missunderstood. as a student with limeted time and long time warframe member i need to choose WHEN to invest time end when not. and it makes ME FEEEL like i didnt invested it in something WORTH IT FOR ME!!!

so what ever and why ever you are defending that system, I dont care, I dont like it AND I maybe quit playing wf because I FEEL it is not worth MY time anymore.

I hope it is easyer to understand now even if the last 7 posts where off topic already(mine includet.

As a student who wants to choose WHEN they invest their time, you should be happy that there are MORE opportunities to choose WHEN to spend that time instead of less, and value that catchup mechanics exist in the case that you in some situations don't make the choice to invest it at the moment, so your words are  completely at odds with logic here.

36 minutes ago, NoMad_Moelly said:

@emolition and Zelmen      it is not about the value, it just makes your time you spend that month feel like it wasnt neccesary nor of any real reward

I'd get your point if they handed the rewards out for free, but the people that didnt get the S1 rewards still need to do the exact same grind during the intermission.

30 ranks of NW during S1 and 30 ranks of NW during Inter2 results in the same amount of standing needed. How did you waste any time when you would have had to spend the same amount of time now instead for the same rewards?

We also know that all NW rewards will come back in one way or another, intermission being the best place for that since people (well most atleast) dont expect exclusive new rewards from intermission NW. If they did a full re-run of S1 it would be a different issue, since it would take up an ctual NW series spot. Intermission is really just a catch up and nitain obtainment period in between actual seasons.

9 минут назад, NoMad_Moelly сказал:

I feel hardly missunderstood. as a student with limeted time and long time warframe member i need to choose WHEN to invest time end when not. and it makes ME FEEEL like i didnt invested it in something WORTH IT FOR ME!!!

so what ever and why ever you are defending that system, I dont care, I dont like it AND I maybe quit playing wf because I FEEL it is not worth MY time anymore.

I hope it is easyer to understand now even if the last 7 posts where off topic already(mine includet.

Didn't notice any off topic posts in this thread, may be you are referring to people who disagree with you? But as a student you should know the definition of the word "forum".

Since you're leaving, what about your stuff?

• Like 2

Some people want even the intermission to have new exclusive items. 

It's worth it for the creds and the kuva at least. You don't need everything to be grand new just so you don't feel like you're getting some copies of things you might already have. And it's not even about the people got those things already. It's about the people who don't.