Zecthus

Matchmaking seems to be broken

So... I was trying to play earlier today and tried it again a few minutes ago and I kept having the same issues with matchmaking. Everytime I tried joining a random squad, like fissures, sortie and SO, it would start searching for it (which would take a while doing that), but it would never match and I would start alone. But, once I was in the mission, people seemed to be able to join me. Normaly this would not be a problem, but sometimes my internet gets all messed up and that can be a trouble for other players when I'm hosting, which is why I avoid doing it whenever I can. I would like to know what is happening, specially since I already did some tests and eveything was normal. You can check what I did below:

• Restarted the game;
  • Restarted the PC;
  • Restarted the internet;
  • Changed regions ;
  • Changed the ms limit (300, 400 and no limit);
  • Checked if my internet was working (it is);
  • Checked if the place was empty (it wasn't, once I tried entering the plains directly from navigation and it had more than 30 open squads, but it wouldn't match);
  • Tried to change to solo than public again, same with invite and friend only; 
  • Deleted and created another session (that thing that happens everytime you open and close navigation);
  • Opened another segment like froundry and then tried to join a squad (that was a clan mate idea, he said whenever he was having trouble to find a squad, it would be fine if he did that); 
  • Went to a relay (and dojo), back to orbiter an tried to find a squad; 
  • Tried to cancel the search and start it all over again

The printscreen below is an example of how it would stay for a while and after almost a minute it would just start with only me in the squad. I really wanna know what is happening and what can I do to fix it. Thanks in advance. 

EjrPw0K.png

i found a solution for this, just use a VPN and all got work again i use a windscribe free VPN but you can test anothers and tell if their works too!

• Satisfied 1

57 minutes ago, Shinobi-X-Zero said:

i found a solution for this, just use a VPN and all got work again i use a windscribe free VPN but you can test anothers and tell if their works too!

So, earlier today I started to work again, but I only played like 2 missions. I'll try again later, but glad you found a solution, if it doesn't work I'll try that. 

Edited by Zecthus
Just realized windscribe was the VPN lol

There is something you can do to try resolve this. But be warned, you will often be paired with a host with unstable internet connection (they are and/or their family members are often downloading/streaming, such as torrenting or Netflix, which affects their connection tremendously at times)

Anyhow, please try the following:

MENU > OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY > Region > Switch to "Autoselect"

MENU > OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY > Matchmaking Ping Limit > Change to a higher value, eg. "400"