Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changes To Saryn's Contagion

MrSpaceandTime

From my experience, Saryn's Contagion has several problems that just make it unwieldy at times. This ranges from small things like not easily being able to tell when the effect ends, to larger things like the fact that melee falls of in the later game as being a viable tactic to fight groups. Generally I never found myself thinking "If only I had another 75% elemental damage on my melee weapon, I could kill this guy." In most cases I would only get into melee battles that I knew could win without taking to much health damage, and when you know you can win Contagion loses it's appeal.

So this is my suggestion

ContagionSARYN's Body becomes highly toxic transmitting plague with her melee weapon while leaving a poisonous gas trail in her wake.

basically keep the same but add the ability to leave Torid clouds where ever she goes. 

Heres how it will improve the ability

Promote hit and run tactics - Hit Contagion and a few slide attacks later everyone gets a healthy dosage of poisonous gas.

Let you easily tell when the ability ends - As it is now a poison effect on your sword is hard to see in combat and this is assuming your sword isn't also on fire, electrified, and being swung around. you'll know the time is up when she stops emitting gas.

Easily deal with chasing enemies - This ones obvious, when your being chased by infected hit Contagion and it'll soften 'em up.

Combo well with Molt - After hitting Contagion activate Molt and run around it to create a poisonous trap for infected.

Let me know what you think. (P.S. yes, I'm aware this will likely cause many fart jokes.)

From my experience, Saryn's Contagion has several problems that just make it unwieldy at times. This ranges from small things like not easily being able to tell when the effect ends, to larger things like the fact that melee falls of in the later game as being a viable tactic to fight groups. Generally I never found myself thinking "If only I had another 75% elemental damage on my melee weapon, I could kill this guy." In most cases I would only get into melee battles that I knew could win without taking to much health damage, and when you know you can win Contagion loses it's appeal.

So this is my suggestion

ContagionSARYN's Body becomes highly toxic transmitting plague with her melee weapon while leaving a poisonous gas trail in her wake.

basically keep the same but add the ability to leave Torid clouds where ever she goes. 

Promote hit and run tactics - Hit Contagion and a few slide attacks later everyone gets a healthy dosage of poisonous gas.

Let you easily tell when the ability ends - As it is now a poison effect on your sword is hard to see in combat and this is assuming your sword isn't also on fire, electrified, and being swung around. you'll know the time is up when she stops emitting gas.

Easily deal with chasing enemies - This ones obvious, when your being chased by infected hit Contagion and it'll soften 'em up.

Combo well with Molt - After hitting Contagion activate Molt and run around it to create a poisonous trap for infected.

Let me know what you think. (P.S. yes, I'm aware this will likely cause many fart jokes.)

Like the idea. As for fart jokes, at least where Saryn is concerned, those have been around for quite awhile.

So this is my suggestion

As a Saryn fanatic, I must say that this would make me want to use that skill again :D

Also, the synergy with Molt is an awesome idea!

I like the idea a lot. Though it does seem like a poisonous World on Fire, what if Saryn cast a toxic orb at an object and sticks to it, from the object a cloud of poison gas would be generated. If you attach it to an enemy it will produce a cloud wherever they go? Just a thought i had while reading.

I like the idea a lot. Though it does seem like a poisonous World on Fire, what if Saryn cast a toxic orb at an object and sticks to it, from the object a cloud of poison gas would be generated. If you attach it to an enemy it will produce a cloud wherever they go? Just a thought i had while reading.

That sounds similar to what the Torid does already, which may not be bad if it was more powerful and larger gas cloud then the torid. But I feel that it would remove the high risk, high reward nature of Contagion, because you would no longer have to throw yourself into the enemy to melee/poison them.

This makes me think of a particular League of Legends character that had the specialty of leaving a gas cloud wherever he traveled. Not an amazing ability, but synergizes with what Saryn has.

I never played Singed but yeah it would be similar to his poison trail.

On another note I'm glad to see my first post was well received.