Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Urgent) Improving Nightwave rewards

bl1te

Before I start, I'm sorry if you find my English poor, it's not my first language, I was using Google Translate in most cases.

TLDR at the bottom.

Digital Extremes,

You called this new system as "Nightwave" and gave it the theme of radio-broadcasting, or a TV show, or theater. It includes such terms as "Act" ("Episode") and "Intermission", as well as theaters do.

In theaters, the first act introduces the viewer to the events. In case of Warframe, as I understand it, players are both actors and viewers. They perform certain actions and progress in "performance", receiving rewards.

In theaters, when the performance is over, an Intermission begins. This is a pause between acts. Usually, during intermission, viewers can purchase souvenirs related to the past episode.

In case of Warframe, there is a Nightwave store, where, in fact, these "souvenirs" are sold for viewers (players)...

What am I leading to. When the "Intermission II" began, as you may have noticed, many players began to complain about the presence of already received rewards at Nightwave ranks. In addition to this, new, or important (consumable, such as Forma Umbra) rewards are placed after the returned ones. Thus, in order to achieve new rewards, players must go through already received ones and, therefore, not receive anything for their efforts to achieve a certain rank.

I have a few suggestions on how to change the system before it's too late. "Too late" in this case is when some player reaches a rank with a problematic reward. At the moment of posting this, the maximum rank is 3 + 9,500 Nightwave standing. So, the first problematic reward (returned one) is at rank 8:

8. Wolf Salute - Emote

Suggestion No. 1:

For players who have already received recurring rewards, replace them with Intermission II Creds. Thus, that rank will not be "empty" for these players.

Suggestion No. 2:

Move all returned rewards to the very end. The total number of such rewards (related to Nightwave) is 7. Or 8, if you take into account the Liset skin. Then the rewards for ranks from 23 to 30 would be:

23. Wolf Salute - Emote
24. Napalm Grenades (Augment)
25. Eidolon Ephemera
26. Ancient Scrawl
27. Liset Athari Skin
28. Wild Frenzy (Augment)
29. Saturn Six Syandana
30. Saturn Six Armor Bundle.

Thus, players who have already managed to get them will not be demotivated on their way to higher ranks, and players who have not had the opportunity to get them will try better, because this is the "second chance", which traditionally requires more effort.

Suggestion No. 3:

If you want to adhere to the theme of the theater, then it would be logical to move all the "unique" (ranks) rewards of Intermission (current and future) to Nightwave store, as well as those which returned from previous Episodes. While as rank rewards, you leave only items that are available outside the Nightwave (slots, Endo, Kuva, etc.) and Intermission Creds. And leave these "unique" rewards for achieving ranks only during the main Episodes.

That's the purpose of the "Intermission", when:

1. no action takes place (in theater), therefore, players should not get anything "special" for completing tasks and achieving ranks, because everyone is on a break from the Episodes;
  2. "souvenirs" related to the main performance can be purchased at the store by those who need them.

The way everything looks right now is as you cater to those who were lazy, or away, or unexperienced, during the first appearance of event and punish those who worked their way through.

OR at the very least: Please, fix duplicate appearance of cosmetic items in arsenal/inventory, make them stack.

TLDR: Nightwave is theater-themed; Returned rewards placement should be rethought by devs; Only main Episodes should contain unique rank rewards; But they must return in future Intermissions into the store.

Thank you for your time.

Edited by bl1te
Title
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, bl1te said:

Ima bump dis, 'cos I wanna know if someone from DE saw it.

No way to tell that unless they want to respond, and given the number of these threads created, I'm surprised there's no megathread yet.

49 минут назад, Atsia сказал:

given the number of these threads created

I'm surprised there is not even any response on this. Although when they released Mod drop chance Booster, I haven't seen as many rant as about current NW rewards, yet @[DE]Rebecca created a thread clarifying that move and "Free to play".

3 minutes ago, bl1te said:

I'm surprised there is not even any response on this. Although when they released Mod drop chance Booster, I haven't seen as many rant as about current NW rewards, yet @[DE]Rebecca created a thread clarifying that move and "Free to play".

There's a difference between something that could be seen as Pay to Win and unethical, and the usual players complaining.