Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas, and playing with him.

Indoril_Elfingrad

Question

5 answers to this question

Hi OP!

Rubble is one of the factors that makes Atlas one of the tanky-est frames in the game. While he accrues it by Petrifying enemies and killing them, (dropping 50 or 75 via Landslide, as another post has mentioned) the key is to keep up your Rubble accrual rate against the Rubble decay rate.

Rubble will decay as long as you have it, so in order to play Atlas well you will need to be consistently build Rubble. There are a couple ways to do this. The most common way is to build specifically for Landslide, and go around Petrifying and punching trash mobs as often as you can. To do this effectively, you will likely need to run high efficiency, as well as power strength to power up your Landslide.

I recommend building with Fleeting Expertise and/or Streamline, and avoiding mods like Blind Rage.

Alternatively, you can use the Path of Statues augment (I generally don't, but it can be used) or you can simply build for efficiency and sacrifice Rumblers upon Rumblers to the Altar of rubble!

As for your weapon, your Landslide only benefits from the mods on your melee weapon (not the base stats that melee weapon has). So, generally in this regard, it is recommended to play with a weapon with the best riven dispositions. However, this is not at all necessary, and I recommend just optimizing your weapon to deal the most damage you can with it and your Landslide will probably benefit enough to tackle most of the content in the game.

Happy punching, Tenno!

Edited by ShasOBorkan
  • Like 1

Rubble comes from all enemies affected by petrification, whether the petrification is caused by Petrify, Rumblers, or the Path Of Statues augment.

All petrified enemies drop a single drop of 50 rubble when killed by any player, unless they are killed by Landslide, in which case they drop 75.

More can be learned here: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Atlas/Abilities

• Like 3

His wall has a little bit of crowd control.  Rumblers has a tiny 360 degree petrify affect and also spawns body guards that also distract enemies.  But the main thing is Petrify which only has a 60 degree cone.  Landslide I dont think is that great.  It should one hit kill anything.   If you petrify stuff before punching it does more damage..

I went umbra mods,  streamline+Fleeting for max effeciency,  augur secrets, stretch and hunters adrenaline.   This lets me spam abilities,  I only needed a little extra range on petrify so mine is around 30 meters.  The farther it goes the larger area it covers....still doesnt help up close but thats why you got rumblers.  I dont remember what Fleeting debuffs??  maybe power or duration.. 

I wish the wall had super aggro and lured in EVERYTHING.   Then it would really work well.  The wall gets stronger/heals? if you hit it with petrify and having the enemy all gathered in place is great for petrify.  

Rubble is hard to rely on... sometimes I max out sometimes when I NEED it I cant get.   Rubble heals atlas.  But he is sooo tanky it doesnt really matter,  Magus Repair is my primary healing method on any frame lol.    Since petrify works better from range I end up shooting victoms.  Petrified enemies can be hard to see to as they have no energy color or outline highlighting them like they need.....   

Atlas Prime is the coolest looking dude frame in the game I think.  I turned mine into an unairu focus farm.  But I would love a abilities rework.   Just make his wall super effective at drawing all aggro.  Rumblers is his worst move I think,   I think Landslide should have its damage jacked up to instantly kill anything and be his 4.   Rumbler needs the rework or complete change.   I'd like RUmble to have a little more range on the 360 petrify,  but more importantly I think his 2 rumblers should run around punching the ground causing tremors that deal damage to everything in range like Octavia's roller+mallet.  The tremors should deal x2 damage versus stuff that is petrified.   

If they worked like that holy crap atlas would be awesome.   He would be a super tanky offensive frame which sounds amazing.   I think Petrify already makes him one of the funner tank frames to play.