[DE]Rebecca

Where is Update 26: The Old Blood?

Darn, I was hoping to have it today so I could stream it. I suppose I could still do an 'Old Blood' stream and play Dark Sector instead! 

7 minutes ago, Schkrapnel said:

Guess you could say the update is coming Natahday.

That pun is bad and you should feel bad.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Editing original to include coming this week - not today - but this week!

Just a quick question:

Will the Parazon still have that "one-shot" ability like old Covert Lethality?

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

coming this week - not today - but this week!

I already knew you would say that. It's standard of you. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Just a quick question:

Will the Parazon still have that "one-shot" ability like old Covert Lethality?

They've opted against removing Covert Lethality for the time being, iirc. I think the latest devstream said that, though I only catch the overview normally.

• Woah 1

34 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

coming this week - not today

Thanks for the (fairly) early heads up.

Now I won't be sitting on pins and needles for the nest 6 hours.

Edited by Chroia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGuyver said:

Sunday is technically the beginning of the week, just not the work week. 

While it isn't a part of the work days, it is a part of the week, and the last day of it. So sunday night 23:59 can be technically considered "this week."

5 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

They've opted against removing Covert Lethality for the time being, iirc. I think the latest devstream said that, though I only catch the overview normally.

I know, but the mod's description has been changed, it doesn't say lethal anymore, only +100% damage, which is why I asked

• Upvote 1

i always wonder why they dont give themselves a week before release. Maybe they have that tight of a schedule they cant muck around and give themselves a week grace period?

41 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Editing original to include coming this week - not today - but this week!

So is it coming next week or the week after that?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

its still this week but just not today.

That's what they said last week

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mk.1 said:

That's what they said last week

True enough. They still have one more day of October though, it feels like it might try for November release the way its going.

Its coming out Saturday at 11:59pm, but it will be broken on release. LOL JK, but not really... Prove me wrong DE!

I THINK

4 minutes ago, Azullion1 said:

Its coming out Saturday at 11:59pm, but it will be broken on release. LOL JK, but not really... Prove me wrong DE!

its coming out tomorrow ...they usually drop updates on Thursdays ...

• Applause 1

They did not post any confirmation last week. They did for this one. I don't understand why people complain so much about the update being delated when it's actually not. Even in the devstream they said " this week or the other" . So just stop looking like kids waiting for your christmas gift. But ho, if we still have nothing friday, I'll come with you to complain 🙂

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Julian_Skies said:

No last week they said "hopefully this week"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mk.1 said:

they edit their post. It was a coming soon last week. 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Mk.1 said:

Negative on that, mister. It said "coming soon" until I believe yesterday. Thread titles can be editted in this forum and this one was when the news article dropped.

• Like 3

I betcha it's coming out tomorrow. I do believe that they will get it out before October officially ends, but I think Halloween will be a very good day to release it. 

41 minutes ago, Rev14 said:

They did not post any confirmation last week. They did for this one. I don't understand why people complain so much about the update being delated when it's actually not. Even in the devstream they said " this week or the other" . So just stop looking like kids waiting for your christmas gift. But ho, if we still have nothing friday, I'll come with you to complain 🙂

This. So much this. DE has a bad track record with dates for updates no doubt. But this is one of those times where they are trying to give a more realistic goal, by acknowleding said track record essentially. And they've been smarter about this in execution since Gauss. People are already blaming them when:

iirc they did technically say "by the end of October" so nov 1 would be a delay, but anytime before that is not.

They sort of almost thought they had it ready last week, but knew some things might not be, which they obviously weren't. And they expressed that publically in the last Devstream. So I'm leaning towards it dropping tomorrow. Maybe Friday at the latest if things go real bad with coding.

It's seeming like they'll hit a deadline they set this time around. Not sure why so many people from last week onward are all of the sudden saying it's delayed. Nov 1 would be the first day it's late. 

I'm not not even the sort of person to white-knight. If anything im usually a little more critical than needed (you can read the post history yourself). Despite that I can see DE avoiding false hopes of unrealistic deadlines and people are acting like the deadline (for being late) has already passed.

Edited by AntiMomentum
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1