[DE]Rebecca

Where is Update 26: The Old Blood?

Nothing new. when they said end of october i was expecting it middle november anyway. Im just surprised DE hasn't learned from their past mistakes by now.

They could have made a internal goal of today. told everyone end before end of november incase something went wrong. release it beginning november and made everyone happy and get prazed that their half a month a head of their goal.

Or maybe i should be glad they always announce stuff early because at the moment i feel DE can only finnish working while under pressure from the community.

1 hour ago, sitfesz said:

You know what else had 3 stages? Orb mothers. There is still one left behind for some reasons and Fortuna was almost a year ago.

Just to note - Railjacks 3 stages aren't the same. One of those phases is just a phase in name only - the Drydock being released to give players time to build it.

So it's more like two phases.

38 minutes ago, b4timert said:

Nothing new. when they said end of october i was expecting it middle november anyway. Im just surprised DE hasn't learned from their past mistakes by now.

They could have made a internal goal of today. told everyone end before end of november incase something went wrong. release it beginning november and made everyone happy and get prazed that their half a month a head of their goal.

Or maybe i should be glad they always announce stuff early because at the moment i feel DE can only finnish working while under pressure from the community.

So you want them to lie to us?

I mean ,that's basically what you're saying - you're asking that they not give predictions on when it'll be done, just throw out meaningless dates then 'surprise us' with the actual release date. Bear in mind that frequently, the actual dev time is much longer even than that, so they would still miss deadlines depending on how early they decided to make these made-up date, and that even if they could pull it off consistently people would catch on almost immediately.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Just to note - Railjacks 3 stages aren't the same. One of those phases is just a phase in name only - the Drydock being released to give players time to build it.

So it's more like two phases.

What I precisely meant by that is they said railjack will hit at fall, but all we will get is to start building our drydocks and god knows when will we get to actually play it.

I havent seen any info regarding the Railjack stuff in the Old Blood update notes that where released as a „teaser“. Will we be ab,e to build the dry dock or is it coming later ? Would be fitting for a mainline update. And when will we receive further information about the new war questline, would be kinda sad if we had to go without any quest this year. 

• Like 1

Take your time DE, and thanks for all of your hard work.

meanwhile I’ll be enjoying some hallowed nights in the constant till next week.

• Like 1

dunno why people are saying it's delayed when they said it was either this week or the week after

be grateful the team communicates this freely tbh, i still have flashback to half life 2: episode 3's decade of silence

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Vitamin.Ex said:

"The Old Blood is on track to be the largest update so far of 2019"

Yeah, because it's the only update of 2019...

Slay

I hope you're taking your time in order to avoid completely killing melee gameplay as it was previously planned. Best wishes.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For those seeking a detailed preview, we’re dedicating tomorrow’s Prime Time Stream to the Dev Build to walk everyone through what to expect. There’s a LOT to go over! We will put the highlights in writing for those who don't tune into streams.

When is the Prime Time exactly? I don't see any announcement post for it?

8 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

When is the Prime Time exactly? I don't see any announcement post for it?

7pm est tonight.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

because this is free to play game, if u don't like u can move on, DE usually go on their schedule  and you know? develop a new thing that is out of fps/tps normal style is difficult thing, u will found thousand of bug awaited you.

You act like just because they have a free-to-play business model that they can't bring out regular content like other development teams. There are indie companies with a fraction of DE's workforce that can dish out games and content with polish and proper bug testing in less time. Being "free-to-play" means nothing, because some of the most popular games out today has the same business model.

• Like 4

Me and a friend were talking about this update. I said " @[DE]Rebecca said it could be this week!"

He said: "That means next week"

To which I replied: "Usually, but THIS TIME they are on track! I've seen it!"

... and now I look pretty dumb 😛

What ever you guys internal estimations are, keep them, but please add a week to your announcements. I JUST started playing Warframe again because I was prepping for this weeks drop and beyond. Now I am going to do something else, and of ALL the ways I could have found out about this post, I found out about it by looking at the backdrop of a Rhetalius video...

Please, we as a community have patience for you guys, but this isn't professional at all. Make use of our patience and tell us its 2 weeks out (and not "next week") even when you think it is (or could be) 1 week out. This way, you wont have to test our patience with incorrect dates.

Thanks for at least making this post though.

Edited by MokutoBunshi
  • Like 4

please include a fix for dual wielding mode Orvius tracking, it's maddening to die from my own weapon to an enemy that randomly walked up behind me so far back I can't even see them without turning around to see them.

9 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

because this is free to play game, if u don't like u can move on, DE usually go on their schedule  and you know? develop a new thing that is out of fps/tps normal style is difficult thing, u will found thousand of bug awaited you.

" if u don't like u can move on"

If you watch some of the interviews, you would know the one thing that stresses DE out more than anything is that thing that is so easy for us to do... move on.

They have already said that they fear one day they will wake up and no one plays anymore. So its not just about us, but about them and keeping the momentum for the company. Being a company with only one game isn't easy. Free to play or not.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Another DE-lay, someday my children will play empyrean, if I can get married anytime soon.

Maybe it's better you are not getting married anytime soon with such an attitude. You guys need to calm down and find something else to play if you only wait this patch to play warframe. geez

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DooomiNation said:

Maybe it's better you are not getting married anytime soon with such an attitude. You guys need to calm down and find something else to play if you only wait this patch to play warframe. geez

0 rep, and first post.
You'll understand in due time, young one.
After a few years or so.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, DooomiNation said:

I do not expect everyone to understand what I was talking about but I am sure some do. The only reason anyone taking their time to write at forum is because they love the game. We are the group thats left, still playing still hoping for contents, so our friends might come back, our clan chat might feels like alive again. Everyone else is playing D2. I dont need to see any other numbers, go take a look at the trade chat, it used to be impossible to read anything without filters, now it slowly moves, sometimes.

Good God, if I hear go play something else one more time ..... 

Edited by --Aegis--MR9
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, DooomiNation said:

Maybe we should and maybe we should stick to that other game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

I do not expect everyone to understand what I was talking about but I am sure some do. The only reason anyone taking their time to write at forum is because they love the game. We are the group thats left, still playing still hoping for contents, so our friends might come back, our clan chat might feels like alive again. Everyone else is playing D2. I dont need to see any other numbers, go take a look at the trade chat, it used to be impossible to read anything without filters, now it slowly moves, sometimes.

Good God, if I hear go play something else one more time ..... 

1 minute ago, sitfesz said:

Maybe we should and maybe we should stick to that other game.

Nobody says that you have to go cold turkey. If you wanna knock out your dailies/weeklies while also playing something else, that's perfectly fine. For example, I'm about to knock out my dailies, maybe grind a little bit, and then go play one of the myriad of Steam games I haven't finished yet. Nobody is saying you can't do both while you wait for the next mainline. But what we are saying is that you can't take a lull in mega-updates as "a sign that the game is dying". If you ask any World of Warcraft veteran, they'll tell you that Warframe's dip in activity is perfectly normal for a game of this type. And you should never harass the devs over it. Mistakes and unexpected problems happen because, funny enough, the devs are only human; just like us.

Just have patience, young Padawans. The update will come when it's ready.

• Like 1

All I ask is that you don't nerf the difficulty of this new content into oblivion like you did with Fortuna, Cetus, Arbitrations, and much more. Many people in the Warframe community have been crying out for tougher, "endgame" content for years. I've been playing for nearly three years myself, and would love to have some real, truly interesting and tough content to dig my teeth into.

Also, DE mentioned difficulty levels ages ago; if you're going to nerf EVERYTHING anyway, maybe implement that sooner rather than later? Thanks.

• Like 3

Thanks for the update of the update! won't have to worry about it dropping unexpectedly then. 

And thanks for telling me how many pages of stuff I'll have to read. It'll be a gem!