Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alert Levels Are Terribly High

Renathy

One of my friends was anxiously looking to find a Phoenix helmet for his Ember. Yesterday, there was an alert for that helmet but he missed it. Now another one popped up, a few minutes back, and we happily went in.

The biggest problem is that he is a novice player. How do you expect for newbies to survive on such conditions? And apart from that, it was a 10 wave defense mission, with a frozen environment and powerful enemies.

Luckily, we survived, mainly because we had a Trinity and a powerful Saryn but otherwise, my mate couldn't keep up at all. His Gorgon did little to no damage at all and he basically couldn't kill any enemies. Even his skills were simply like thin air to them.

But all in all, I can think of other novice players trying harder than us, having no powerful comrades to help 'em out and constantly dying by a Trooper by a single shot from afar.

Edited by JRMC

I think that's kinda the point. They are advanced missions. If you're taking a novice player into Eris, expect things to be hard. With an Alert? It's a given.

The levels aren't based on the planets' regular levels. They scale much higher. There are alerts being hosted in level 10-20 planets, for example, and the alerts go above 80 or so.

Just don't do the alerts then, I know sometimes the rewards are nice and all, but they are not there to be obtained easily by everyone, have to work for your gear. If all weapons and warframes were locked behind lvl 120 enemies, then there would be an issue, but this is an alternate helm with a minor stat change. Have to reward people who have put in a lot of time somehow. If somebody really wants that helm, they could shell out a couple of bucks and just buy it. And I would say the only really good alert weapon is the Glaive, so maybe keep that and potatoes at decent lvls, keep the rest challenging. Just my two cents.

Yeah, I had to fight through the last wave by myself after my mates died in the lv100 alert mission. To be fair, it's very, very deep into the solar system, it's not like you -need- the item, you can come back once you're geared.

Remember, those items like blueprints for helmets are a luxury at best, sometimes it's harder to find a way to get those items you particularly want, but there's always next time and that's the incentive to gear up.

Alerts are currently being treated as "end game"**content as it seems, since there is no real "end game" content to speak of at the moment. My biggest problem is when I go to do these alerts and I get stuck along side people who are vastly undergeared and underleveled for the content. When this happens, we tend to fail. Either this content should be gated, or it should be offered up in tiers that when you queue up for it, it puts you in an appropriate tier based on your currently equipped gear and locks you into that gear until you leave the mission. Someone wearing all level 30, potatoe'd, forma'd, max modded gear would see a vastly different level alert than someone who has level 10-15 mixed gear and mods equipped.

**End game content being stuff that's still challenging to those who maxed everything they have out.

There is the little fact that the enemy levels in alerts have absolutely nothing to do with the reward. Just the other day one of the level 100-102 alerts was for the lump sum of 2000 credits. I don't even care where that was, nor did I care to remember, just that there is no rationalizing that kind of level spike for 2000 credits. XD

There is the little fact that the enemy levels in alerts have absolutely nothing to do with the reward. Just the other day one of the level 100-102 alerts was for the lump sum of 2000 credits. I don't even care where that was, nor did I care to remember, just that there is no rationalizing that kind of level spike for 2000 credits. XD

guess the recession hit warframe as well.... this is how you know times are bad.....

Edited by VoidWraith