Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would you pay $100/year for a "Warframe 1st" subscription?

KnossosTNC

Inspired by the absolute gaming geniuses over at Bethesda Game Studios, here's what you would get for your $13/month, or $100/year:

• Private servers for Conclave and customized games for you and seven friends
  • Unlimited slots for your warframes, weapons and companions. Maximum slots for you riven mods
  • Ability to access your Arsenal mid-mission
  • 1,650 Platinums a month for your purchases
  • Dark Sector-inspired cosmetic set for your warframes and Operator
  • Exclusive icons and emotes

Any takers? Actually, having took a fractionally more serious look through it myself, dedicated servers for Conclave and 1,650 Plats a month alone might actually be worth it. Almost tempting, but probably nah.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Well, many of us paid more than this per year for subscription games like WoW or EQ.

However, considering the dumpster fire that FO76 actually is...I'd take a big pass on that. Or anything else BGS makes. They've damaged their own brand just that badly.

• Like 3

For Fallout 76 absolutely not.

For Warframe... an actually good game that hasn't burnt all its good will yet (though they've been testing the waters the past 2 years),  I'd pay 10$ a month to receive all the boosters alone.  30 day boost, 10$ each 30 days.  A full-boost bundle,  to play the game the way the game was balanced around being played at.  

The same booster bundle would also, or should also, be available in the market for the equivalent platinum cost.

Edited by Kingsmount
  • Like 1

No. If Im subscribed to something i am compelled to play it lest i be wasting money spent on it, no sub means i can come and go as i please when i actually feel like playing. Having active long term boosters prompts the same reaction.

Edited by AzureTerra

23 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Any takers?

Any takers on what? Your fantasies? Because that's the only thing you're having here.

24 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Private servers for Conclave and customized games

You do realize that this isn't going to make conclave good right? People already don't play it as it is, so why make a "perk" that no one will ever benefit from?

26 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Unlimited slots for your warframes, weapons and companions. Maximum slots for you riven mods

Unlimited slots for a limited amount of frames. Makes no sense. Rivens slots are 120 so... unless you only had 15 slots to start with before this fantasy of yours, it wouldn't even be a perk.

27 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:
  • Exclusive icons and emotes.

So pretty much pay to win fashion. That'll generate plenty of heat for those people.

Back to my first quote. Any takers? I'm not trying to sound like an arse hole but mate, do you even hear yourself? Coming off like your idea is solid gold that's coming to Warframe in the very near future with these exact perks.

Think about it man...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Any takers on what? Your fantasies? Because that's the only thing you're having here.

You do realize that this isn't going to make conclave good right? People already don't play it as it is, so why make a "perk" that no one will ever benefit from?

Unlimited slots for a limited amount of frames. Makes no sense. Rivens slots are 120 so... unless you only had 15 slots to start with before this fantasy of yours, it wouldn't even be a perk.

So pretty much pay to win fashion. That'll generate plenty of heat for those people.

Back to my first quote. Any takers? I'm not trying to sound like an arse hole but mate, do you even hear yourself? Coming off like your idea is solid gold that's coming to Warframe in the very near future with these exact perks.

Think about it man...

mate i think this whole post was a joke and that may have wooshed over your head 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Inspired by the absolute gaming geniuses over at Bethesda Game Studios, here's what you would get for your $13/month, or $100/year:

• Private servers for Conclave and customized games
  • Unlimited slots for your warframes, weapons and companions. Maximum slots for you riven mods
  • Ability to access your Arsenal mid-mission
  • 1,650 Platinums a month for your purchases
  • Exclusive icons and emotes

Any takers? Actually, having took a fractionally more serious look through it myself, dedicated servers for Conclave and 1,650 Plats a month alone might actually be worth it. Almost tempting, but probably nah.

Big no no for me:

• Private servers for Conclave and customized games= Only if PVP get a propper rework, not better being entirelly remade.
  • Unlimited slots for your warframes, weapons and companions. Maximum slots for you riven mods= if you change maximun to unlimitted into the riven it sounds good.
  • Ability to access your Arsenal mid-mission= Meh would be too occupied trying no to die for that.
  • 1,650 Platinums a month for your purchases= way too low sopecially with the 75% coupon.
  • Dark Sector-inspired cosmetic set for your warframes and Operator= Not a fan of hayden tenno to be honest.
  • Exclusive icons and emotes= Cruzar Narta, Pendulum Narta, Tempo Narta & Terpischore Narta are all I need.

43 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Private servers for Conclave and customized games for you and seven friends

A waste of a "benefit". Nobody plays conclave and you're not going to find 7 people who would play it even if you paid them.

44 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Unlimited slots for your warframes, weapons and companions. Maximum slots for you riven mods

I rarely play sorties so rarely get rivens. And there's only so many Frames and guns that I actually want.

45 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Ability to access your Arsenal mid-mission

And get killed in the process. No, really, this is worthless. And pointless. No other game does this and even our fancy space magic can't explain this. And you should even pay for it? That's a rip off.

46 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

1,650 Platinums a month for your purchases

And what am I supposed to buy from that plat? More slots? Oh, wait, I got unlmited amounts of them. Besides, DE would lose out on millions of plat purchases.

48 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Dark Sector-inspired cosmetic set for your warframes and Operator

I already have the skins for Excal and Nyx, and my operator barely sees the light of day.

49 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Exclusive icons and emotes

Not like anyone would bother to stop and look at them.

50 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Any takers?

No. You'd have to be brain-dead.

• Like 1

That's a big fat no from me. First, I don't do subscription based costs, except for the very few I literally have no choice over. I've got limited money. So when I make a purchase like a full price game, or a Prime Warframe, that is solely on me, what is worth it to me, and what I can afford at the time.

Secondly there's nothing of any value in that proposal, joke or not. It's just Fallout 76's latest player scam with "Fallout 76" scratched out and replaced with "Warframe".

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a monthly subscription option for this game. Completely optional, just provides you with boosters or something, not sure what else would work with it, but.

Honestly would depend on what's offered, but I personally wouldn't mind, as I said, an optional subscription.

1 hour ago, KnossosTNC said:

How dare you mock the genius of our Lord and Saviour Todd Howard?!!

look todd i know you want be to buy skyrim again i get it but i dont want too maybe i will reinstall it for the 50th time to go halfway through a modded run and get bored again and uninstall it i also dont want your fallout 76 and you could barely keep my attention to fallout 4 since after doing the main quest once all drive to do the game again stops and the only enjoyment is building a house the last good thing your studio touched imho was prey.

i will however happily play oblivion again