Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Forma in market store when?

MadMattPrime

We all know how good the umbra mods are and that the only way to get them is through nightwave right now with no other alternative.

Is it possible if we could get them on the market store for platinum for those who want to get those forma immediately rather then grind nightwave.

Keep the free to play option for players who want to go that route.

Edited by MadMattPrime
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

Hopefully never, they never should have been added, it created a power creep that was not needed in this game.

Power creep has always been warframe's problem due to its constant updates. Remember the tonkor?

Some of us have jobs and work and don't play warframe 24/7 to grind nightwave and get the umbra forma. If it was a tradeable item, I would gladly buy it off the trade chat regardless of how ridiculous the price would get.

There are people who are willing to spend money on microtransactions for in-game items. Do you really think a company is willing to lose out on this market?

Edited by MadMattPrime

2 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Power creep has always been warframe's problem due to its constant updates

Then why insist on adding more power creep problem by adding alternative to obtain Umbra forma besides Events?

4 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Some of us have jobs and work and don't play warframe 24/7

I am one of them yet I managed to get to rank 30 on earlier Nightwave Seasons. You are not required to pay anything, at all, to be able to play this game yet you throw this as a reason.

3 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Time doesn't feed your employees.

Well, Digital Extreme is a company. I'm sure they have made all the decisions necessary to make Warframe free to play while trying to sustain the business' needs. Pretty much they already have planned what and where are the sources of their income for the company. However, it's none of our business. What we can do is just suggest and complaint about what they served to us.

32 minutes ago, Alvengerz said:

Then why insist on adding more power creep problem by adding alternative to obtain Umbra forma besides Events?

I am one of them yet I managed to get to rank 30 on earlier Nightwave Seasons. You are not required to pay anything, at all, to be able to play this game yet you throw this as a reason.

Well, Digital Extreme is a company. I'm sure they have made all the decisions necessary to make Warframe free to play while trying to sustain the business' needs. Pretty much they already have planned what and where are the sources of their income for the company. However, it's none of our business. What we can do is just suggest and complaint about what they served to us.

How is it a power creep, when it become a universal item through the market? Credit card for paying players, free players can grind prime parts to earn in-game platinum from other players and then purchase it from the market. 

Lets see, working as an emt with a 12 hours shift sometimes 16 depending if there are late emergency calls 6 days a week due to lack of manpower. Dude don't compare jobs.

How players decide on how they want to spend their real life money is really isn't your call. 

DE is a company in the end in your own words. Its up to them whether they want to monetize the Umbra forma.

This is a feedback section. I'm feedbacking that I want to spend money on umbra forma as well there are other players who want to spend money for a convience. Which is not mandatory for those who don't want too spend a single cent for the game.

There is a reason why forma and aura forma bundles exist for players who spent money for convience.

Edited by MadMattPrime
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

don't compare jobs

Did I?

28 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

working as an emt with a 12 hours shift sometimes 16 depending if there are late emergency calls 6 days a week due to lack of manpower

Is this a problem for Warframe?

36 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

How players decide on how they want to spend their real life money is really isn't your call. 

DE is a company in the end in your own words. Its up to them whether they want to monetize the Umbra forma.

True! In the end everything in this game is up to them. Also how people spend their money is up to them. I don't care about it. What I was refuting is about you using your life responsibilities you brought up as a reason which has little to no impact to the game (unless you're a company as well). It hurts, but it's fact, that your personal life does not matter, that you're just a regular player like me, like other players responding before me. So please, can we not bring personal life into this?

What I disagree with is the idea of making the Umbra forma available generally into the game by purchasing it through in-game market. Assuming the Umbra forma be added to the market for like 300 per forma and 750 per bundle, people will buy it and apply it continuously to every warframe they have (unless the price is ridiculously high like those "godly" riven mods), hence make the balancing more difficult because of the power availability added by this Umbra forma.

2 hours ago, Alvengerz said:

What I disagree with is the idea of making the Umbra forma available generally into the game by purchasing it through in-game market. Assuming the Umbra forma be added to the market for like 300 per forma and 750 per bundle, people will buy it and apply it continuously to every warframe they have (unless the price is ridiculously high like those "godly" riven mods), hence make the balancing more difficult because of the power availability added by this Umbra forma.

Are rivens needed to enjoy the game? No, yet people still buy them when you can still clear game content without them.

Do rivens make weapons powerful? Yes to an extent.

Do people spend ridiculous amount of money for "god roll" rivens? Yes.

Did rivens upset the power balance of the game? Yes and no as game content can still be cleared without any rivens.

Will adding umbra forma in market ruin power balance? No, people are already forma around those Umbra mods for the builds. Adding an umbra forma will just reduce the amount of forma needed for frames. Using an umbra forma on a frame just allows player to use their exilus slot to add an extra mod for that extra % in a stat or a different mod in a different slot just for stat increase, allowing min-maxes get their dream build. Power creep? Of course but remember the tonkor. Frames like Gara and saryn exist while ember is crying in the corner.

Will adding umbra forma in market ruin your enjoyment of the game in public? Maybe such as a more powerful nuke saryn that kills everything before you even shoot a bullet but there is solo and friends only mode. 

Do you need umbra mods to clear game content? Nope you can clear game content without it.

Will people buy umbra forma when is not needed for the game? Yes even if it at ridiculous prices.

Will it help people who get deployed or can't spend alot on time in warframe to grind in warframe? Yes.

Will it make DE more money? Yes.

Will it ruin the F2P experience? Nope as you can farm prime parts, sell rivens to earn platinum.

Edited by MadMattPrime

31 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Are rivens needed to enjoy the game? No, yet people still buy them when you can still clear game content without them.

Hold it right there.. Are you aware of the purpose of riven mods existence? It was released to make weak weapons become stronger and viable for high level content. Yet what it does to the game now? Look at the impact of what riven mods do. DE has to constantly rebalance the s*** out of it and anything that has any relations with riven mods.

Does Umbra forma needed to enjoy the game? Absolutely not! I don't even know why it has to be exist in the first place besides uniquness and lore related stuff.

39 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Will adding umbra forma in market ruin power balance? No, people are already forma around those Umbra mods for the builds.

And they will keep applying, getting another Umbra forma, continue applying to another frame/weapon, getting another Umbra forma, continue to apply, and so on... This is what I mean that Umbra forma can bring another power creep issue to the game.

42 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Will adding umbra forma in market ruin your enjoyment of the game in public? Maybe such as a more powerful nuke saryn that kills everything before you even shoot a bullet but there is solo and friends only mode.

Look there. This is the thing that devs does not want to happen. It doesn't matter whether it solo or friends only or invite only mode. People will still choose the most efficient, easiest way to finish the mission as fast as possible making the game boring and feels unrewarding. You already exposed one of the issue that power creep has caused yourself.  Using Saryn as an example for that making it clearer that Umbra forma should not be available in the in-game market, since it would be a bad decision towards power balance.

50 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Will it help people who get deployed or can't spend alot on time in warframe to grind in warframe? Yes.

How?

50 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Is Umbra forma the only way to make money?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb MadMattPrime:

Some of us have jobs and work and don't play warframe 24/7 to grind nightwave and get the umbra forma.

In ~95% of cases, those who claim the 'have a job' or 'have a live' are furthest from it.

It's the same with people who are explaining that they are 'very grown up' or 'very smart'.

If these peoples claims were true, they whould not have to explain it, since actions speak louder than words.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb MadMattPrime:

play warframe 24/7 to grind nightwave and get the umbra forma.

You know, this kind of massive exagerating is hardly making you look believable.

During Season 2 I hardly played every day and when I did I almost never played for more than half a hour and yet I still managed to complete the normal rewards a few weeks before the season ended.

If you want to be taken serious in any way, try to act like a grownup.

I'm disappointed Aura Forma can be purchased, and I hope Umbral Forma never is.

I wanted to have an Aura Forma on each Warframe (even Vanilla), and it was going to be fun to grind Arbitrations to reach that amount of Aura Forma. Instead I did the math on farming the blueprint, and it's very slightly more expensive to just buy them. So that's what I did. Instead of having a long term grind goal in Arbitrations, I spent 2400 Platinum and was done. You can argue that was my choice, but it feels cheap that Aura Forma is just like a Greater Lens. The BP is expensive and it's worth more of your time to just buy them.

Umbral Forma should never be in the market.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Alvengerz said:

Hold it right there.. Are you aware of the purpose of riven mods existence? It was released to make weak weapons become stronger and viable for high level content. Yet what it does to the game now? Look at the impact of what riven mods do. DE has to constantly rebalance the s*** out of it and anything that has any relations with riven mods

And yet rivens still make the good weapons better even if its a miniscule amount % in a particular stat. Yet you did not mention how Rivens earned in game are an RNG nightmare, this is why people pay ridiculous amount platinum/money to skip the RNG fiesta to get the riven for their desired weapon and desired stat.

49 minutes ago, Alvengerz said:

It doesn't matter whether it solo or friends only or invite only mode. People will still choose the most efficient, easiest way to finish the mission as fast as possible making the game boring and feels unrewarding. You already exposed one of the issue that power creep has caused yourself.  Using Saryn as an example for that making it clearer that Umbra forma should not be available in the in-game market, since it would be a bad decision towards power balance.

That is the whole reason why SOLO, Friends, invite only exist. Not everyone will choose the easiest way and etc to finish a mission.

53 minutes ago, Alvengerz said:
1 hour ago, MadMattPrime said:

How?

How? Let say you work in the army or navy and play warframe. You get deployed to another country for X months of period and don't have access to a PC or the wifi is too crappy for online gaming. You miss a season of nightwave or two locking you out of that sweet umbra forma. Visit market and there you can buy it for platinum? Yes these type of people exist even if its just a small percentage of the player base.

58 minutes ago, Alvengerz said:
1 hour ago, MadMattPrime said:

Is Umbra forma the only way to make money?

Did I say anything about it being the only way of making money? Did I ever say that it should be removed from the Free to Play method of playing of gaining the umbra forma? I did not. Don't get me on fashionframe is end game, some players don't care about cosmetics but rather care about builds and how much the can squeeze of % stats. Giving people more choices on how they want to spend their money isn't up to you.

56 minutes ago, Walkampf said:

During Season 2 I hardly played every day and when I did I almost never played for more than half a hour and yet I still managed to complete the normal rewards a few weeks before the season ended.

Firstly this game has micro transactions and yes there are people who pay to get ahead, its their choice. Adding an Umbra forma for platinum is a matter of whether you want to purchase it or not whether it be through real life money or in-game earn platinum is utterly dependent on the player.

In the end it is up to DE whether the UMBRA forma is going to be added to the Store or not. If it ends UP in the market for purchase in the end its still your choice to purchase it or NOT.

If you take a look and the current offerings on nightwave, the only reason to do it is for that UMBRA forma or for those who have not earned the items from the previous season and everyone is who has already earned those are complaining about it.

You can say X amount of reasons why X item would be bad and blah blah. But if it an convenience and it ends up in the store, ITS your choice whether you want to purchase it. 

I am completely fine with umbral forma in the market. It would give me something else to focus on, like the many umbral builds I want to do, and all the multiple prime frames I have. I could use about 20 umbral forma to get things started off. Besides it's not like everyone can't earn plat and also buy them.

• Like 1

Seems unlikely at present. 

It's a staple in NW and one of the larger draws of participating in that system. 

3 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I am completely fine with umbral forma in the market. 

I wouldn't complain, but I just don't see it happening anytime soon. 

I too have a lot of potential projects that could involve extensive umbral forma. They'll remain potential since I only have two UF with a third coming here in a few weeks. That means only one or two 'frames will get umbral attention in the next six months--and none of them will be anything but a prime warframe. 

The other side of this is none of these warframes really need UF to be perfectly viable. It's simply taking min/maxing to a further extreme. I like doing this sort of thing, but I'm not going to get too overexcited about it.

Consequently, I'll return to contemplating who will get the UFs. Mesa Prime? Or Equinox Prime? Or wait for Octavia Prime? Dunno. It needs further thought, perhaps enhanced by alcohol consumption. 

9 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

I too have a lot of potential projects that could involve extensive umbral forma. They'll remain potential since I only have two UF with a third coming here in a few weeks. That means only one or two 'frames will get umbral attention in the next six months--and none of them will be anything but a prime warframe. 

The other side of this is none of these warframes really need UF to be perfectly viable. It's simply taking min/maxing to a further extreme. I like doing this sort of thing, but I'm not going to get too overexcited about it. 

You, me like.

Taking min/maxing is one of the draws of playing warframe and the shortage of this special forma is a unique problem and will always be one.

Enter update X.x.x in the year 20XX

-100+ warframes in total primes non primes and weird umbra frames separately. 

-You've been playing for X years now and only have X umbra forma. You'll never catch up tenno 

-New player? Aww sorry no umbra forma for you.

-Introducing (PH) Forma, this forma functions like aura forma that makes slots a universal slot. It cost a kidney and a liver but wait here's the bundle pack it cost a kidney, liver and your dignity. 

People scoff at the umbra forma idea now, years down the road this happens.

Edited by MadMattPrime