Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(PS4)LFC_2091

Mr9 test help

Question

16 answers to this question

I'd probably skip the test for now and see if the stealth changes get tweaked in the next patch. Any MR you gain is still banked and you will see it once you pass the test, it isn't lost but you can't see it accumulate.

11 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

honestly, the Wiki advice about the Glaive should not be followed: the animation locks you for too long

When I passed this test I used a glaive and sat on top of the tall pillars the test gives you and killed everything ffrom up there which made the test very easy. From what I have seen posted actually getting to the top of those pillars without being spotted is much harder now.

You can try to use Skiajati from the Sacrifice quest if you have it. The sword grants 5 seconds of invisibility on finishers (backstabbing).

I cheesed this one with Banshee and a sarpa. Took some time but I got it. The stealth varient is too troublesome for me and I hate stealth so regardless to say I did not have the patience to take this one seriously since I needed the MR rank more than learning skills that turns insignificant thanks to invisability.

my advice? Just cheese it and move on.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)LFC_2091 said:

Any tips on mr11

open a specific thread for that, so other players can benefit 🙂

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LFC_2091 said:

Any tips for this test

Practice it a bunch before you take the qualifier. You'll get used to the enemy patrol routes and their line of sight range. Don't forget you can dodge roll in mid-air to cover more distance.

From the wiki:

Tips
  • Primary and secondary weapons, as well as abilities, are disabled.
  • Ranged melee weapons like the DEGlaive Glaive or the TnoGunblade Redeemer are ideal for taking out enemies from a safe distance.
    • Note that the Redeemer is not silent and cannot be silenced with any mods, although Banshee's Passive Ability can counter this.
  • Enemies can see far ahead of them in a cone-shape that expands with more distance. The sounds of running, jumping, swinging your weapon and falling do not alert them.
  • Enemies are also very weak; one melee hit kills them.
  • Increasing field of view in the options helps in glancing around corners.
  • Mods that increase enemy radar (Mod TT 20pxEnemy Radar, Mod TT 20pxEnemy Sense, Mod TT 20pxVigilante Pursuit) are extremely useful. It is also useful to open the full map (press M) immediately on starting the test.

Good luck.

Just now, Shalath said:

I'd probably skip the test for now and see if the stealth changes get tweaked in the next patch. Any MR you gain is still banked and you will see it once you pass the test, it isn't lost but you can't see it accumulate.

When I passed this test I used a glaive and sat on top of the tall pillars the test gives you and killed everything ffrom up there which made the test very easy. From what I have seen posted actually getting to the top of those pillars without being spotted is much harder now.

sure, in the past it might have been effective, but now it isn't, hence why the Wiki should be updated 🙂

The biggest non-cheese advice i have is to be slow for the first 2 areas and aggressive for the last one. You can practice the test in a relay as much as you want. You can also jump back from the final area to observe the enemy patterns in the final area. Defintely take all your enemy radar mods with you.

Now for the cheese strats:

any gunblade or glaive (or archgun in ground mode, which you probably dont have) on banshee can take out enemies safely from behind cover.

constantly hopping around as wisp makes your permanently invisible, trivializing the entire test.

heavy impact is actually not a joke for this tests because enemies dont look very far upwards if not alerted. This lets you take out 3 of the 6 enemies in the final area in one landing because of their pathing if you are patient and wait in the second area for them to group up.

Used wisp as passives work.  All I did was use channeling.  Redeemer and shot from a distance melting them.  

On the last platform just bullet jump back on to the one you were on before the stage started and stay there crouched.  Then just use the redeemer or sarpa to hit them from a very large distance.  Start with the one dead center on the top platform.  

Then the two closest to his platform. The one on the left and the right.  Do this while the ones in the front walk below your vantage point.

Then finally scoot to the left and wait until you just see the top of the left ones head.  Then repeat on right.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LFC_2091 said:

Any tips on mr11

Yeh, check it out in the practice runs and work out how best to do it.

8 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

sure, in the past it might have been effective, but now it isn't, hence why the Wiki should be updated 🙂

The reason it isn't is because we are convinced that stealth in general (not just MR tests) is currently bugged and are expecting it to be changed back or at least tweaked. Right now an Ivara fully cloaked in Prowl can alert enemies and in some cases you can be detected through solid walls.

Grimfrost83's linked thread above has some useful tips for geting past the test for now but something is definitely not right with stealth at the moment.

honestly, the Wiki advice about the Glaive should not be followed: the animation locks you for too long, other than projecting the warframe toward the trajectory you are aiming to (I've tried shooting from the pillars: don't do that, you'll fall), so it's advisable to instead equip a weapon with lightning quick animations (and remember to use channeling before it gets removed, so the bodies disappear faster).

My 2 cents:

- practice a lot before taking the actual test
- get Enemy  Sense mod maxed out (it will show you all the enemies and where they are looking to)
- keep your cool
- in the very last portion, after killing the guard on the platform you should jump down and kill the guy below, then jump up the platform again and wait for the other guard to look in the other direction. In all my attempts, this has proven to be the most efficient tactic.

best of luck