Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umm... What about Empyrean?

Torbamf

So, when DE announced the Old Blood update, I was confused because the Kuva Lich system was something I thought would come with Empyrean. Along with this, I recall DE subtly  saying that Empyrean would be out by this fall. However, it doesn’t look like it since it’s already the end of October and that would leave DE with just one month to finish touches on at least the first portion of Empyrean. Am I missing something? If not, this makes me worried since New War is also slated for December.

It's the usual DE being unable to hit their 'deadlines'...

This is part 1 (which is also later than originally planned, that was this week) of at least 3 parts to the empyrean update.  

New War... um I wouldn't be expecting that this year seeing as 'railjack' is later than planned... I'll go with 2077 as above for that 🙂

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It's the usual DE being unable to hit their 'deadlines'...

This is part 1 (which is also later than originally planned, that was this week) of at least 3 parts to the empyrean update.  

New War... um I wouldn't be expecting that this year seeing as 'railjack' is later than planned... I'll go with 2077 as above for that 🙂

no parts of empyrean are coming with The Old Blood.

That is a pretty good question considdering a good part of the litch woozle that was demoed involved finding their capital ship via Empyrion. 

Guess this was just ready to ship, har har har and give people something to do while they wait for Empyrion?

Edited by Oreades

30 minutes ago, Torbamf said:

New War is also slated for December.

Not anymore I'm afraid. Just think about it:

- The Old Blood next week.

- Empyrean has been split into 3 parts, and Rebecca confirmed on Twitter that dry dock won't come with next week's update.

- More or less 2 weeks of bugfixes and patch updates and improvements based on feedback. We are now around November 14th.

- Empyrean part 1 (Dry dock) is released. 

- Big marketing push for part 2/main Empyrean release for late November.

- 1-2 weeks of bugfixes and improvements based on feedback.

- Part III of Empyrean ("Find Answers") is released around mid December.

- DE has been radio silent about The New War and have avoided answering dev stream questions related to "Is TNW still set for Christmas?"

This all adds-up to 1 of 2 possibilities:

1) TNW is no longer coming this year. Empyrean took much longer than they hoped.

2) TNW is done and they are just sitting on it to drop it later on at the end of the year even if it means content saturation for Empyrean, or in effect, being released instead of Empyrean Part III (Or it could be part of Empyrean Part III; "Find Answers" sounds like "quest" to me).

They did mention some time ago that part of the reason why the melee update was delayed was that the same team was working on TNW. If they have now completed melee it supports either case:

1) They paused work on TNW so they could focus on completing melee.

2) They completed TNW with enough head-room as to also complete melee. 

Edited by Jarriaga

November is also a month that exists in the fall season. And while it is a surprise that the Kuva lichs aren’t directly connected to Railjack, I don’t know how that’s a bad thing. It just means that whatever lichs we get in the normal game, if they become strong enough, will be able to follow us into Railjack content and we can do the stuff shown at Tennocon.

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

My impression from Tennocon is that as Liches grow stronger with time, they will eventually reach "Empyrean" level with their own ship and army, which I guess is their "endgame level".

So they might just start out as random spawns in missions much like the Wolf, which is probably what we'll get next week. Later with Empyrean updates they can reach higher levels.

45 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

Doesn't change the fact that Liches are Empyrean content.

No, what are you talking about? DE said during Tennocon that, while they were originally slated to come out at the same time, the two systems aren't intrinsically connected and will come out at separate times if one is finished a lot earlier than the other. 

I Personally considered Lich and Railjack to be one of the same and one of its biggest selling points. But now they got me thinking, what's the big thing in Railjack? what is Railjack's Eidolon? Or is it going to be like the Orb Mothers and be DElayed for months and be locked behind a massive grindwall which will deter players.

22 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

well I (and others) include lich system in empyrean so

And you are incorrect in doing so.

23 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

if they're not then it makes the delay for empyrean content even worse

One cannot delay something if they never gave a release date. Besides, would you rather it be released incomplete?

49 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And you are incorrect in doing so.

One cannot delay something if they never gave a release date. Besides, would you rather it be released incomplete?

It was shown along with railjack, which is what empyrean is not to mention there are articles (or more accurate promotional material) saying they're part of the same update.

Here's one for reference...https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/6/20684253/warframe-empyrean-expansion-tennocon-2019-demo-details-trailer

And they have given a date of release... railjack was supposed to be before tennocon, although admittedly they didn't say which one but it was the 2019 timeline....

7 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

It was shown along with railjack, which is what empyrean is not to mention there are articles (or more accurate promotional material) saying they're part of the same update.

Here's one for reference...https://www.polygon.com/2019/7/6/20684253/warframe-empyrean-expansion-tennocon-2019-demo-details-trailer

And they have given a date of release... railjack was supposed to be before tennocon, although admittedly they didn't say which one but it was the 2019 timeline....

Your first mistake was paying any attention to Polygon.

Your second was making assumptions without information coming from DE.

Your Third was thinking there was a specific date, they learned that mistake two years ago on giving dates. (they never pan out)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

And the very first devstream after the 2019 showcase had them state that Liches and Empyrean could be released separately, should the development for one progress faster than the other.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Your first mistake was paying any attention to Polygon.

Your second was making assumptions without information coming from DE.

Your Third was thinking there was a specific date, they learned that mistake two years ago on giving dates. (they never pan out)

There are others, that was just the first one I picked. 

Um the information came from DE....

https://www.warframe.com/news/warframe-empyrean-full-reveal

Oh I never expected them to hit any sort of deadline, did you not see my very first post in this thread.....

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

And the very first devstream after the 2019 showcase had them state that Liches and Empyrean could be released separately, should the development for one progress faster than the other.

Could release separately doesn't mean it isn't part of the same larger update.... we only need to look at orb vallis and the later updates for the exploiter orb to see that DE often split things up...