Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Playing Solo

Krackerbox

I'm somewhat curious why DE has not developed more options for solo play? I can only imagine there are thousands of people like myself who either don't enjoy group play or find it hard to make a nitch for themselves in a clan. I have stopped playing the game a couple of times because I get too frustrated with some of the mission styles that can't be completed solo and gameplay that is only aimed at team play. LIke the new areas Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon and Fortuna. I have a level 8 & a level 9 Tenno. I find it impossible to get the operator weapon so I could at least take down a vomvalyst to be able to advance my weapons and warframes. I don't expect to be able to take down the huge Eidolon solo, I've resigned myself to the fact that boss types are going to be team. But why make weapons impossible to get unless in a group? Even if the weren't the best weapons at least some type of amp should be accessible?

And why make missions like the intercept ones that can't be done solo (well very few) and thusly block paths through planets and to higher level planets. It's just that advancing past level 7 or 8 is extremely hard and tedious for a solo player. I had Jupiter finished and was able to extract neural sensors and then DE took away that accomplisment by adding new missions to the planet that I can't solo now. I was really upset at that because I don't feel the extractors should have been disabled by the new missions. The ability to deploy the extractors should have stayed grandfathered as it was already earned once! I don't agree with any time you make a character regress because of a gameplay upgrade. And besides it's not like there aren't other planets that have missions you don't have to complete to be able to deploy the extractors.

Then yesterday I was trying to enable a Riven mod. A fairly simple one I should think with a 3x melee for 30s without any other requirement. I went to the derelict ship and made it to the vault and fortunately had the correct key, I can only carry one and be able to function and then when I had obtained the relic all of a sudden there were tons of new mobs much stronger than the ones I had to fight through to get there! And some of those I had to die 3 times to kill them (the heavy eximus gunners and napalmers) I was suddenly surrounded by all these new mobs and the mission objective changed to having to kill them all instead of just getting to extraction?? It was absurd! I've had that Riven mod for years now and only in the last 6 months or so was able to even make the keys and all it takes to get to the derelict ship. And now I find that no matter how hard I worked to get there solo the prize was unattainable. So all that time was a freakin waste! I used up my revives and lost everything that I had looted and all the credits I had earned (which I think is another thing that is absurd!) I mean you should at very least keep the credits! I spent 2 hrs looting and fighting to that vault and then it's totally worthless! That's so very very frustrating and really stupid! I mean the game is supposed to be fun to play. That kind of treatment does little to make the game fun. The DE mentality baffles me sometimes?

So now I'm again so frustrated I've gotten to the point where it's hard to enjoy the game, again! I don't socialize well and I'm a loner in rl. But I know I'm not one of only a few there are thousands of people that prefer solo play. I spend a good sum of money for a free player like every time I get a good offer on platinum (50% - 75%) I spend $30 to $50 dollars and sometimes a bit more. I am 67 living on my social security disability and it's not easy but I so want to play the game!  (my point being I'm a worthwhile customer) and they can make money off me too. Just because i'm not so fond of team play is no reason to alienate me! But even as much as I like this game, I will get to the point where it's not worth paying for a game I can't play!  And there's a lot of money DE is blowing off because they won't develop some options for solo play? To stay afloat and keep being profitable I don't see how they can so easily dismiss so much possible income?

I like challenging! That's one of the reasons I like solo so much. When I'm in a team I end up losing out on stuff because I'm not quick enough or don't know the missions well enough and people get to everything of importance before I do.  And my teammates get to the mobs faster and then I really don't end up doing much or getting much except running around trying to keep up with people that know the missions by heart and where everything spawns and etc. So team play is really not very appealing to me at all.

Anyway if you got this far thanks for reading the whole thing! LOL! I get long winded at times! Maybe someday DE will decide they need to take advantage of the income that is available from solo players as well as team players. Till then the game is really miserable!

Have fun everyone!

Anyway, just thought I'd say something. Like I said the mechanics of how you fight and improve and get weapons is the most awesome I've ever played. Just wish I could continue. :(                       Have fun all!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krackerbox said:

I have a level 8 & a level 9 Tenno. I find it impossible to get the operator weapon so I could at least take down a vomvalyst to be able to advance my weapons and warframes. I don't expect to be able to take down the huge Eidolon solo

Solo player here. I can't remember if the Mote amp is free or not (wiki says 500 standing) but if it does need standing kill senitents on Lua as they drop cores you can turn in for the standing to get your Mote (terrible as it is). Using that you can farm voms to get standing ffor other amp parts.

Eidolons can be killed solo with the right gear. It is obviously tougher as you only have yourself to rely on but it is very possible and I know people who farm all 3 Eidolons multiple times per night. Easy mode would be Trinity and a Lanka I think but other frames and wepons can do it too.

7 hours ago, Krackerbox said:

I went to the derelict ship and made it to the vault and fortunately had the correct key, I can only carry one and be able to function and then when I had obtained the relic all of a sudden there were tons of new mobs much stronger than the ones I had to fight through to get there!

This is normal. When you grabbb the mod the corrupted invade and try to stop you "stealing" it. If you find the corrupted mobs too tough then mark the vault with a waypoint when you find it, kill all of the normal mobs and then open the vault. The corrupted mobs replace the normal ones and they can't do that if they are all dead. I carry all 4 keys when vault hunting.

7 hours ago, Krackerbox said:

I was suddenly surrounded by all these new mobs and the mission objective changed to having to kill them all instead of just getting to extraction?? It was absurd! I've had that Riven mod for years now and only in the last 6 months or so was able to even make the keys and all it takes to get to the derelict ship. And now I find that no matter how hard I worked to get there solo the prize was unattainable. So all that time was a freakin waste! I used up my revives and lost everything that I had looted and all the credits I had earned (which I think is another thing that is absurd!) I mean you should at very least keep the credits! I spent 2 hrs looting and fighting to that vault and then it's totally worthless! That's so very very frustrating and really stupid! I mean the game is supposed to be fun to play. That kind of treatment does little to make the game fun. The DE mentality baffles me sometimes?

This objective switch can happen on many mission types. The problem as I see it is that you are underpowered for the derelict and failed the mission. Why would you get to keep anything since you failed the mission and died? Your Warframe didn't make it out of the derelict, the Juggernaught is using it as a chew toy and the loot you got is laying in a pile next to it. As a solo player you have nobody to rely on but yourself so you have to play smart. Now you know the derelict is tough you have to gear up accordingly and from the sounds of it take advantage of the fact that enemies won't go corrupted if you kill them all before opening the vault. If you don't have Rhino then get one as he makes the derelict pretty trivial due to his Iron Skin as long as you manage it properly and don't let itt pop at the wrong time (Iron Shrapnel is a must so you can recast).

I'm fairly sure you can unlock that riven anywhere, not just the derelict, by the way.

Warframe is very viable as a solo player, I've cleared pretty much all of the content in the game solo and I'm far from the best player out there. You haven't mentioned frames of builds so I'm going to say that there is your problem, either you are bringing the wrong frame for the mission type or your mod build is not right. Some missions like Interception are trickier solo but between your operator and spectres you can cover multiple points even if they are far apart.

If you are struggling just post the mission type, the frame/weapons you are using and your builds and your fellow Tenno will help you out with builds and tips 😉

• Like 2

Well I just started A Chroma frame, Was using Nezha alot because of the ring and the speed buff. I can get Eidolons down to spirit form but I don't have the amps and I was I guess misunderstanding that you have to get to the chills to get your first operator weapon?? I have Nezha is maxed, I have these maxed - Oberon, Ivara, Excalibur, & Trinity besides the Nezha.I have only one prime frame and that's the Trinity. My Chroma is lvl 17. I can make all the keys need, I'm curious I was thinking of trying that - killing all the mobs first but wasn't sure if that would stop the respawn. But do I have to kill the Juggernaut as part of the mob? Or is he gone once he disappears? Cause he usually leaves before I get to him and I've never even seen him? If he's alot stronger than the Napalm eximus bosses then I don't know if I could take him down. I sometimes die 3 or 4 times just getting rid of those. If there's more than 3 or 4? I don't know.

Wiki says Lua is Earth's moon but I don't see it on the star map anywhere? Wiki also says it's unlocked after the Second Dream quest but I can't do that until I do Natah and I can't get past most of Saturn so far. So far I've got to Telesto going one way on Saturn and Cassini going the other way. Those two are completed. But I'm working on them. I don't have any arcanes not even sure where to get them yet. I just keep pluggin along. Then get frustrated and stop for awhile.

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me. It gives me a glint of hope. I know I can probably make it to Uranus unless I have to do an Interception. I have done 1 interception mission using specters but in most the times I've tried doing that they kill the specters too fast, they get swarmed while I'm clearing another area and I lose the battle. I recruited help one time but that isn't always easy to find someone that wants to take time away from what they are doing to help people with a mission like that.

The chat is a poor part of this game. It is so awkward to use and you get no sound if someone responds and it's cumbersome to scroll back to see if someone responds to you and you always have to reselect your output channel so I don't even try using it to get help sometimes. I wish they had a more intuitive chat system like in other games.  Well I shouldn't have got started on that! LOL! I obviously don't like the chat system.

I'm not sure how difficult Natah and the Second Dream quests are but I'm sure those will take me some time as well if I can do them? I may have chosen all the wrong frames to play I'm not sure. I really like Nezha. It's the only  one I was able to use to get past a few of the junctions like to Jupiter and Ceres. (That's why I was trying to focus on getting to arcanes so I can improve my weapons and frames.) Knowing the ones coming up will be even harder I probably will use Nezha again for them. I have a Huras for a pet because I like that he often makes me invisible. It saves me many times and many times he doesn't do it when I really need it! lol! But he's been a good pet.

Anyways. Thank you for the time you take in responding I do appreciate your help and I'm listening. I will try what you say if I can get there. I guess Lua will be visible once I get those quests done but first I have to get to the SeaLab on Uranus and just alot of stuff! That's why I was trying to kill the Eidolons that come in pairs and chase you around on the plains at night. Like I said I can get them down to spirit with some work but then I have no way to kill them so it does me no good! And those are long fights!

And as far as them taking everything away. I think it's fine you don't get items but the credits I think stinks that they don't give you those. I mean when I spend 2 hours clearing out a place and I die too many times and fail and get absolutely nothing for all that time invested, I just don't think that's right. It really is irritating and frustrating when it takes so much effort on my part to spend all that time at a game and get no where? Most of the other games I play are not so cruel!

If you have any more ideas that will help me. I really am interested in what you have to say. Thanks again.

Oh hey I got another question too, I just tried to do the 1st Halloween mission on Earth and it's supposed to be low level but I couldn't kill anything! I did ask in chat and someone said I have keep a latern going but I don't see a latern and I didn't see any info saying what I have to do to keep it going? I did see a progress bar that said my latern was almost out of energy but before it was out nothing I did to the mobs seemed to have any affect on them? So if my laterern was the little spotlight I saw in front of me it did nothing to make the mobs vunerable?? I spent the whole time on my second attempt fighting the first mob I ran into and never got it down then I saw the message my lamp was running out of juice but I didn't even know for sure where this lantern was at? Or like I said how to keep it juiced up??

It seems like you have the right frames. Nezha and Limbo for spy with Huras can solo everything on the star chart without huge problems. Based on your description, it seems like you are a bit underpowered and lack essential mods for Nezha and weapons and their upgrades. Saturn is one of the main problems that new players are facing. We have quite a few in our clan who stumble heavily around Saturn when the first really armored Grineer show up. It is really essential to get some good weapon (Hek with syndicate mod works fine and you can also craft Atomos for your secondary) and upgrade it with Orokin catalyst. The main damage type against Grineer is corrosive which is formed by combining electricity and toxin mods.

Keep in mind that Huras will cast invisibility once it is off the cooldown (approximately 8 seconds after decloaking). For fully upgraded Stalk mod, Huras has to have a line of sight on the enemies within approximately 20 meters. If you Huras cannot see the enemy, it won't cast invisibility. While invisible, you can use all warframe abilities withou breaking the cloak but the use of weapons will break the cloak.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Krackerbox said:

Oh hey I got another question too, I just tried to do the 1st Halloween mission on Earth and it's supposed to be low level but I couldn't kill anything! I did ask in chat and someone said I have keep a latern going but I don't see a latern and I didn't see any info saying what I have to do to keep it going? I did see a progress bar that said my latern was almost out of energy but before it was out nothing I did to the mobs seemed to have any affect on them? So if my laterern was the little spotlight I saw in front of me it did nothing to make the mobs vunerable?? I spent the whole time on my second attempt fighting the first mob I ran into and never got it down then I saw the message my lamp was running out of juice but I didn't even know for sure where this lantern was at? Or like I said how to keep it juiced up??

In the beginning, there should be a marker pointing to a zealot which carries the lantern. You have to kill him to get it. It works similar to excavation power cells meaning that you automatically switch to your secondary weapon. If you then switch to your primary, the lantern is dropped on the ground. The minimap should have some marker with its location. However, for this mission, it is not a good idea to drop the lantern, so it is better to take no primary weapon for the solo run. You can use your secondary and melee. Once the lantern is dropped, it will get rapidly extinguished. Enemies are vulnerable only within the lantern radius. You flashlight does not count. Most likely, you dropped it somewhere, moved on with your primary equipped, and it went down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Krackerbox said:

Well I just started A Chroma frame, Was using Nezha alot because of the ring and the speed buff. I can get Eidolons down to spirit form but I don't have the amps and I was I guess misunderstanding that you have to get to the chills to get your first operator weapon?? I have Nezha is maxed, I have these maxed - Oberon, Ivara, Excalibur, & Trinity besides the Nezha.I have only one prime frame and that's the Trinity. My Chroma is lvl 17. I can make all the keys need, I'm curious I was thinking of trying that - killing all the mobs first but wasn't sure if that would stop the respawn. But do I have to kill the Juggernaut as part of the mob? Or is he gone once he disappears? Cause he usually leaves before I get to him and I've never even seen him? If he's alot stronger than the Napalm eximus bosses then I don't know if I could take him down. I sometimes die 3 or 4 times just getting rid of those. If there's more than 3 or 4? I don't know.

That's a good mix of frames but I would still recommend a Rhino from Venus if playing solo because his Iron Skin makes you literally invulnerable and is great when struggling to stay alive. The only thing you have to worry about is it running out at the wrong time. Rhino is my main and I know I would have had a much tougher time getting through the star chart without him. Nezha is pretty tanky and preferrd over Rhino by many but I like Rhino's simplicity. Get Iron Skin up to keep you alive and then it is as simple as Roar if you need extra damage and Stomp if you get swarmed and need some crowd control.

You don't have to kill the Jugg and he is a lot tougher than anything else on the derelict so definitely backpedal when Lotus says he is nearby and let him leave (he is gone for that mission once Lotus confirms). His drops are terrible so there is literally no point in killing him until a later quest.

12 minutes ago, Krackerbox said:

Wiki says Lua is Earth's moon but I don't see it on the star map anywhere? Wiki also says it's unlocked after the Second Dream quest but I can't do that until I do Natah and I can't get past most of Saturn so far. So far I've got to Telesto going one way on Saturn and Cassini going the other way. Those two are completed. But I'm working on them. I don't have any arcanes not even sure where to get them yet. I just keep pluggin along. Then get frustrated and stop for awhile.

Ah, I have misunderstood. Your mention of Eidolons made me think you had already completed The Second Dream. Ignore Eidolons for now as you can't kill them without an amp which you won't get under after The War Within. Keep heading towards TSD and then make a beeline for TWW as fast as you can. Both are very good cinematic quests (lots of nice lore) and unlock something you are going to need.

20 minutes ago, Krackerbox said:

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me. It gives me a glint of hope. I know I can probably make it to Uranus unless I have to do an Interception. I have done 1 interception mission using specters but in most the times I've tried doing that they kill the specters too fast, they get swarmed while I'm clearing another area and I lose the battle. I recruited help one time but that isn't always easy to find someone that wants to take time away from what they are doing to help people with a mission like that.

Not a fan of Interceptions myself either and when I first went through the star chart I ignored them unless they were blocking progress. Back them I used to use Ember to help clear them but since she was reworked World On Fire is no good for this. Equinox and Nyx were the frames I used later when I went back to clear these so come back for them later if you can. I know a Chroma main that uses Spectres and Chroma's pelt for interceptions. Also, your spectres may be low level (number of stars above their heads). Fighting off higer level Syndicate death squads will get you some good ones.

27 minutes ago, Krackerbox said:

I'm not sure how difficult Natah and the Second Dream quests are but I'm sure those will take me some time as well if I can do them? I may have chosen all the wrong frames to play I'm not sure. I really like Nezha. It's the only  one I was able to use to get past a few of the junctions like to Jupiter and Ceres. (That's why I was trying to focus on getting to arcanes so I can improve my weapons and frames.) Knowing the ones coming up will be even harder I probably will use Nezha again for them. I have a Huras for a pet because I like that he often makes me invisible. It saves me many times and many times he doesn't do it when I really need it! lol! But he's been a good pet.

Natah ans TSD are solo quests and should be possible for any frame, though some frames will be better than others obviously. Tankier frames would generally be better.

Don't give up yet, you are almost to the point where things start becoming much easier because right now you are missing a key part of your kit. You don't need to clear every planetary node just yet, you just need to get through The War Within and from there you can then start looking at what you need to complete those remaining nodes to unlock another missions type.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shalath said:

That's a good mix of frames but I would still recommend a Rhino from Venus if playing solo because his Iron Skin makes you literally invulnerable and is great when struggling to stay alive. The only thing you have to worry about is it running out at the wrong time. Rhino is my main and I know I would have had a much tougher time getting through the star chart without him. Nezha is pretty tanky and preferrd over Rhino by many but I like Rhino's simplicity. Get Iron Skin up to keep you alive and then it is as simple as Roar if you need extra damage and Stomp if you get swarmed and need some crowd control.

You don't have to kill the Jugg and he is a lot tougher than anything else on the derelict so definitely backpedal when Lotus says he is nearby and let him leave (he is gone for that mission once Lotus confirms). His drops are terrible so there is literally no point in killing him until a later quest.

Ah, I have misunderstood. Your mention of Eidolons made me think you had already completed The Second Dream. Ignore Eidolons for now as you can't kill them without an amp which you won't get under after The War Within. Keep heading towards TSD and then make a beeline for TWW as fast as you can. Both are very good cinematic quests (lots of nice lore) and unlock something you are going to need.

Not a fan of Interceptions myself either and when I first went through the star chart I ignored them unless they were blocking progress. Back them I used to use Ember to help clear them but since she was reworked World On Fire is no good for this. Equinox and Nyx were the frames I used later when I went back to clear these so come back for them later if you can. I know a Chroma main that uses Spectres and Chroma's pelt for interceptions. Also, your spectres may be low level (number of stars above their heads). Fighting off higer level Syndicate death squads will get you some good ones.

Natah ans TSD are solo quests and should be possible for any frame, though some frames will be better than others obviously. Tankier frames would generally be better.

Don't give up yet, you are almost to the point where things start becoming much easier because right now you are missing a key part of your kit. You don't need to clear every planetary node just yet, you just need to get through The War Within and from there you can then start looking at what you need to complete those remaining nodes to unlock another missions type.

I must thank ou again. You've re-energized my mood about this game. It is good to know I have some good frames and I guess I will concentrate on Saturn and getting to Uranus instead of trying to clear Jupiter again for my extractors. I'll go back later. I'll probably try the derelict again now that I understand more of the mechanics. Can't thank you enough for all the tips you've helped me with. Maybe I'll be able to reciprocate some day. Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes!

I would like to have helped you out, but seeing you are on PC and me on PS4 I would gladly have giving you a helping hand and some mods on the way. I am still a newbie, but come a long way. My main is Mag Prime, got her fitted so well what I like, but other frames do get a good run for their money I've invested catalyst along with weapons of choice.

Just take it slow, no need to rush. And yes as some said Rhino is a very good frame and also one of my favorites.

Sounds to me like you're not modding your frames and weapons well. I was doing most of the stuff solo for the same reasons you mentioned, because I actually wanted to complete objectives myself rather than getting there late. I'd be glad to help out on some missions, I'm on PC as well, though timezones may get in the way. Shoot me a friend request if you want.

Edit:

Are you modding your gear at all? I just ran Telesto on Saturn with no mods on, it was tough but doable. Even unranked mods would have made it easy.

Edited by GruntBlender

@Krackerbox, gear isn't the only thing that allows you to solo stuff. It helps having better gear and, on some specific content, the wrong gear (note: "wrong") can act like a cap. I, and probably a few others, have experience in dealing with self-imposed challenges to keep things interesting while running Solo. I, however, make sure I'm always at a disadvantage so that I can assure players in your specific situation that everything can be done solo.

Despite having the gear, the skill you have as a player counts. The more skilled you are, the less likely is the gear going to define what you can or cannot do while you're playing Solo. Picking up the Eidolon example, if you're not cheesing it, then you need both DPS and Damage to actually deal with the Teralyst, and probably the other two since Eidolons are "supposed" to be dealt with in a squad.

One weapon type that doesn't quite work against Eidolons is a bow. It has damage, but its slow. Yet, you can actually take out 4 of 5 Synovias from a Teralyst without buffs.

Interception missions are completed by capturing towers, not killing enemies. The only thing you have to do is to capture towers. You only focus on defending the towers when you have all 4, which then allows you to simply choose a spot at the center point of the area where all 4 towers are, leaving you just a small distance to reach the one that enemies are trying to capture.

... Although most players prefer specialized stuff for whatever reasons you can think of, I prefer general stuff. That's why I have lots of warframes stored, while I do all that stuff with an Excalibur. And no, I don't really use abilities with it.

On 2019-10-25 at 9:53 AM, Shalath said:

I can't remember if the Mote amp is free

Its free. The syndicate cost is for those that sold the Mote accidentally.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-25 at 2:34 AM, Krackerbox said:

I'm somewhat curious why DE has not developed more options for solo play?

I can't go into detail right now but just be aware that I'm an MR27 founder who has a fully stocked Clan Dojo and (Prior to the New Update) Had every Weapon/Warframe/Companion/Amp and all of the Operator Focus I wanted.

All Solo

As a throway, Slow Nova makes interception easy. When you're playing solo it's all about taking the right gear for the job.

• Like 1

I tried doing everything solo, and there is a lot you can do, but in the end I decided to group up for things that were too tedious to grind solo.  Mostly I group to open relics because you have four chances to get something good rather than one.  I absolutely hate it.  It is not fun at all, but no-one pretends otherwise and people just rush to get it over as soon as possible.  

To be fair, I’ve encountered more nice people than nasty, although there are plenty of both.  It’s not the group that makes the group play bad - it’s the game design.  

So I say try a group.  I don’t chat much (I don’t know how people manage to type and bullet jump at the same time).  Some people are a-holes, but plenty are not.  

As for things that can be done solo - tbh I think you need to be a bit more patient.  You are probably trying to get too far ahead with bad equipment.  You also need to think a bit more when solo and strategize.  For example: I think Interceptions are actually one of the easiest missions.  Don’t fight - run. If you get “conflict” just run to another tower.  

The first time I tried to kill a teralyst I failed but I was surprised by how close I got.  It just requires more tries.  

• Like 1

On 2019-10-24 at 8:34 PM, Krackerbox said:

And why make missions like the intercept ones that can't be done solo (well very few) and thusly block paths through planets and to higher level planets. It's just that advancing past level 7 or 8 is extremely hard and tedious for a solo player. I had Jupiter finished and was able to extract neural sensors and then DE took away that accomplisment by adding new missions to the planet that I can't solo now. I was really upset at that because I don't feel the extractors should have been disabled by the new missions. The ability to deploy the extractors should have stayed grandfathered as it was already earned once! I don't agree with any time you make a character regress because of a gameplay upgrade. And besides it's not like there aren't other planets that have missions you don't have to complete to be able to deploy the extractors.

So much effing yes!

Interception missions need to go away. Forever. Those are the worst idea since putting a third headlight on a car. Only time I grind with others is on Survival, Defense, and Relic runs. Otherwise, I enjoy exploring and taking my time because I enjoy the eye-candy of grineer ships, and the vast sterile emptiness of orokin runs in the void. The elements I value in the game are the immersion and the visual/aural effects. I have been running a Nezha for years--effing years--and I'm MR7. Ridiculous. I have no interest in playing other frames, especially those foisted upon me to force me to advance to new planets. I'm not interested in going to new planets if it means I have to run missions I absolutely hate for a frame I absolutely don't want to play. In fact, that's the best way for DE to make me, as a player, go the opposite direction and boycott all their frames except my chosen favorites. That touches upon another annoying aspect of this game: STOP PUTTING OUT NEW WARFRAMES. Seriously. I don't even know all the names of them anymore, and don't even recognize them when I see their names because it's all running into generic mush. How about focusing on the existing frames and oh, I dunno...making primes for frames that came out three years ago, like Nezha?

But seriously, spot the hell on. Nailed it it to a T, and glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way.

I'm a long time solo player. and i can promise you, there is very little you cannot solo, bordering on nothing, If things are proving too hard, for example eidolon vomvalysts that turn blue and are immune to damage, you arent meant to fight them until much later, Plains and fortuna act like islands, you're meant to go back there along with your progress in the main game. Warframe has a solution to almost any problem, if one isnt readily available, dont overly panic, certain missions such as Interception can actually be solo'd quite reliably with the right gear, it's markedly harder, but the big hiccup is technique and equipment. you've got a good base of frames and will probably be able to get through 75% of the game solo, given time. some tasks arent meant for your level of progression and it can be difficult to know beforehand. but most players are willing to help you out, Chat can be a spam fest however you can simply ask for private messages, and switch to the private chat tabs that are much more convenient for more clear information being given.

2 hours ago, TwoWolves said:

I have been running a Nezha for years--effing years--and I'm MR7. Ridiculous. I have no interest in playing other frames, especially those foisted upon me to force me to advance to new planets. I'm not interested in going to new planets if it means I have to run missions I absolutely hate for a frame I absolutely don't want to play. In fact, that's the best way for DE to make me, as a player, go the opposite direction and boycott all their frames except my chosen favorites. That touches upon another annoying aspect of this game: STOP PUTTING OUT NEW WARFRAMES. Seriously. I don't even know all the names of them anymore, and don't even recognize them when I see their names because it's all running into generic mush. How about focusing on the existing frames and oh, I dunno...making primes for frames that came out three years ago, like Nezha?

Warframe is a game about variety, MR is measured in how many weapons and warframes you master, but we all have our favorites, However, I would like to point out that you never "have to" play any frame to progress as part of the main game. you can go from start to finish of every scrap of content without owning another warframe with the exception of the optional quests that involve building a warframe, such as mirage and limbo, and those quests can easily be skipped over. so, go ahead, boycott whatever frame you want, DE doesnt need you to play them and your account doesnt either, Personally I dont like Nezha, I wont deny he's a good warframe, but so is every warframe. some warframes excell in certain missions but you can always complete any mission, with any frame. you can offset frame disadvantages with squads (this is a co-op online game after all) or with weapon effects. but honestly nezha is so well rounded he can probably complete any mission solo right up to late planets like sedna.

I Can tell you now a nezha can probably solo a fairly high interception for at least one round. especially with the extra abilties and items you can pick up from the main story quests.

Unlike you I like seeing new frames, even if i have no plans to get them, Variety is a core part of this game and something i dearly like here. And for the record, The prime releases are more or less following their original release date. You want Nezha prime? Wait for his turn just like i waited for banshee prime and am waiting for ivara prime. 

*ahem* Nezha has been skipped over repeatedly because primes aren't released in the order the original frames were...but that is neither here nor there, and there are certain levels on Neptune and Uranus, for instance (the archwing intercept missions come to mind) that are required to be won before the planet is passed.

Give me a way to clear my mission board and mute the frame missions, then, and I would be satisfied. Nezha is perfect for soaring high through the air and exploring the vastness of these structures. And I'll admit, I wasn't being entirely serious about the whole stop putting out frames, it's just it seems like more frames come out than primes, and Nezha isn't like other frames. His prime is going to be more on par with an excal prime.

I get that DE is a freemium game. And they have far surpassed my earliest criticisms of the game. But it would be nice to see more missions geared towards solo play, such as exploration missions.

You all have a good point. I am a solo player. I know that if you play as a team and are within 50 meters you share affinity. So if you play as a team you level up faster. I used to play with my son and son-in-law with a random player on my PS4. Leveling up a weapon or Warframe was fast. But they grew tired of the game. My son actually opened every node on every planet playing solo. His favorite frame was Nezha.

He always had a Spector at his side to help out. You can have your Spector as well as Clem or one from the syndicate enemies. He liked playing with us but not others. They had their own agenda. 

Everyone says that most of the community is helpful. I have found it to be the opposite and sometimes downright toxic. On the PS4 I tried to play with others after my son and son-in-law gave up. Here's some of what I went through time after time.

They're always at the exit before me. I get stressed and try to keep up. Trying to keep up with others is absolutely no fun. They're always out of the 50 meter range... We don't share affinity. Sometimes everyone goes their own way and they're all over the map.... No shared affinity. Most of the time I'm the random and they stay together.... I don't get to share affinity. MANY times when we're opening relics for prime parts they have 10 and since I can't keep up I might only have 7 or 8. They're sitting at the exit and it times out before I can get my 10. So not only did I Not share in their affinity but I also didn't get a prime part. How great is that?!? The whole reason I played with others was to get a specific part or at the very least 4 choices of prime parts.

I have explained my dilemma to others and they offered to help. So I tried. They must not be very helpful as it would be only one or two times and they are no longer interested in helping me. 

Yes, I'm slower than they are. It's not that I like to hit the door frames but when you're hauling it and I've gotta keep up.... YOU'RE STRESSING ME OUT!!! All that's on my mind is "where is he?" Yes, learn the tile sets. I have, but it doesn't matter when you're in that mindset.

"Git Gud" I've heard this so many times I wish I could reach through my phone and slap that person. I think I am a good player. I'm certainly not great. 

I would love to find like-minded people. But alas, I play solo. Can I beat a eidolon teralyst? NO WAY! I know it can be done but not by me. So there's no way to get arcanes which by the way are insanely priced. I can tell you for certain that if I was an elite player I would collect as many arcanes as possible and sell them for cheap, dirt cheap. I don't care what the reason is the prices charged are stupid. DE should do something about that.

DE keeps making changes. Players find a way to exploit the OP of a weapon or play style so DE nerfs the crap out of it. The game is free but DE has to make money to stay in business.

Nightwave. I hate that the alerts are gone. Yes, most of the stuff was cosmetics but look at nightwave. Sooo, you can get the same stuff but now you've got to grind for it. Let's face it. I'm not interested in going past the first part to get my nitain, Aura or a catalyst. I've heard some elites say the same thing. They're not going to grind for anything nightwave has to offer. They don't have to. They know how to make as much platinum as they want. It's a stupid grind for them. I've heard them say that. It's all over the net.

Sure, nightwave is cool in some respects but the big rewards are out of reach for most, and I say Most,  solo players. If you're one that can you're either a great player or more likely you're leveled up. 

For team players the game is a grind. For solo players it's a painfully long grind. Please don't say "If you don't like the game leave!" First, you're one of the toxic players that gives Warframe a bad experience. Second, you don't own that right. And third, I never said I don't like the game. Where did you get that idea?

I absolutely love Warframe but sometimes solo players are punished. We simply can't do what you can do so please don't project your feelings onto us. The community should be helpful not judgmental, demeaning and hurtful giving solo players a bad experience.

Warframe is very hard in the beginning for new players. Perhaps DE is trying to force you to play in teams. It is a way to exploit our weakness. Teams are competitive even with each other. "Buy prime access, buy this frame, I gotta have that, etc." I don't fault DE but there has to be a balance.

I can't beat the mastery rank 9 test. It's about stealth. But seriously, if you want to do stealth you wouldn't just sneak. Loki, Ivar, Ash or just about any frame could use their abilities, not play snake. First and Second tables are a snap for me. Forget the 3rd. I've watched many videos on different techniques. I wish they wouldn't have patched it. Before the patch it was easy. Mastery rank tests are stupid anyway. To accomplish what they want you to do in the test we would most likely do it differently or really not at all. I know, I know. I know what the tests are for. But when you play the game you really don't use the skills your tested for or at least not the same way. And the tests shouldn't be that hard.

Speaking of easy. Most of the older players got in from the beginning or even a year or two ago. They got to do things that weren't patched giving them a leg up. My son-in-law has played Warframe since the very beginning. He soloed everything. Easy peasy. Cheesed and took advantage of every weakness. Yep, fully ranked. BUT.... Now that he is leveled up he can solo any mission. Muscle memory all the tile sets and mission types he can play Warframe while watching TV or doing pretty much anything else.

So, yeah, those that have been here for a while had it easier in the beginning. We don't have that luxury. All the patches and changes have made it more difficult for a solo player. But yes, stick with it. It does get easier.

New players should be able to ease into the game gradually increasing the difficulty not thrown into the Lions den. 

New players say it's too hard. Ridiculously hard! Many quit. Many. They may have millions of registered users but there's way way way less that are still playing the game. Registered is just that and you have to contact them if you don't want to have an account anymore.

Veterans are saying it's too easy. Well of course you are!!! They want harder content. But this is wrongly done!!!

DE just recycles the game. STOP IT!!! STOP STOP STOP!!

Here's something you could do.

Put a settlement on each planet. Keep the elites happy but make a way for everyone to have fun.

Create secret bases that are developing weapons to combat the tenno. After all isn't that what they would be trying to do instead of having their butts handed to them all the time. The tenno do it. New weapons and frames all the time. But I'm not taking about handing a whole force of monsters on a killing spree. Like the tenno, introduce 1-4 killing machines in a mission. Maybe their thing is invisibility, a stalker style group that works together to hunt you down. Missions to take out this or that or kill whatever.

Introduce a new race that is located in starships attacking the system.

The ideas are endless.

DE, seriously, stop screwing with the game. MAKE NEW CONTENT. New Warframes and weapons are not new content. Nightwave is not new content. It's a grind for the same old things.

Add something new, a new race, new nodes on the planets, a new storyline for something but please stop screwing with the same old stuff.

Make easier for new players and harder for elites. Different stuff not Recycled.

Solo player here. Almost 1300 hours in. Still using my starter wf (altho trying hydroid and vauban lately). - 15 mission nodes short from completing chart. Havent done Eidolons or Profit taker or finished quest. Imho majority of missions can be done solo as long as you prepare correctly/use right weapons/Wf etc. Some missions probably need to be done in a public team to make it easier even if you use a spectre (im one of those) - defense needs a defense frame at higher levels, interception needs a team, hijacks are pain without a team.

Believe it or not I've done hijacks with inaros. He has no shields but for some reason it works beautifully. BTW, get Inaros . It's a game changer. My health is over 6,000. Using a dagger and covert lethality you can stay alive. First power, throw sand in their face then do a finisher. You get a lot health back.