Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we allowed to trade things with help from a middleman?

ToaPhantom

Question

Me and my brother are returning players and we share one PC in the house, so that means we can't trade with each other or play with each other at the same time unless one of us goes to a cyber cafe, which there aren't any close by in our neighborhood. (At least within walking distance)
Is it against the rules to get a middle man to help transfer the items from one to another?

11 answers to this question

by middle man do you mean another person in your clan or friends list or do you mean a dummy account you also own?

If it's a dummy account, it could look really sketchy and could end up getting a whole host of problems.

if it's just another person, then it's totally fine. As long as you have a standing Verbal agreement with that other player that they will transfer it to your brother there's nothing wrong or strange about that.

Edited by CelsiusPrime

2 minutes ago, CelsiusPrime said:

by middle man do you mean another person in your clan or friends list or do you mean a dummy account you also own?

If it's a dummy account, it could look really sketchy and could end up getting a whole host of problems.

if it's just another person, then it's totally fine. As long as you have a standing Verbal agreement with that other player that they will transfer it to your brother there's nothing wrong or strange about that.

Another person. Basically someone to relay the items from one to another since we can't have both accounts online at the same time since we only have one PC.
I'm wondering if it's against the rules and would result in us getting banned. If it isn't allowed, i guess one of us will have to be online in a cyber cafe just to trade.

3 minutes ago, ToaPhantom said:

Another person. Basically someone to relay the items from one to another since we can't have both accounts online at the same time since we only have one PC.
I'm wondering if it's against the rules and would result in us getting banned. If it isn't allowed, i guess one of us will have to be online in a cyber cafe just to trade.

You can do this.  You just have to trust that the "middle" player will pass along any items you give them.  DE says to trade for items, not promises.

This "middleman" idea is a promise. 

You're better off doing like you said trade between each while both online. 

vor 43 Minuten schrieb CelsiusPrime:

Well, logically speaking, it HAS to be a third person.

If the two whould only create a dummy account, it whould still be using the same public IP, sooo....

vor 32 Minuten schrieb (XB1)Phantom Clip:

This "middleman" idea is a promise. 

Exacly, if the middleman runs of with a legendary core or a god-tier riven you can't do anything about it.

Otherwise there shouldn't be problems anymore. here are a few cases like this some years ago, a guy playing with his girlfriend, and stuff like that.

These cases are known, so they shouldn't be a problem.

1 hour ago, ToaPhantom said:

Me and my brother are returning players and we share one PC in the house, so that means we can't trade with each other or play with each other at the same time unless one of us goes to a cyber cafe, which there aren't any close by in our neighborhood. (At least within walking distance)
Is it against the rules to get a middle man to help transfer the items from one to another?

Trust the person, or you're screwed.

( msg me )

The thing is, nobody can really proof that its "your brother" you are "trading" with. It can also be a second account of you. 
And interactions between owned accounts is a violation of the terms of service which gets you a permanent suspention. Using a third person to bypass this wont save you from consequences.

Refrain from it.

Edited by Sasorika

9 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

The thing is, nobody can really proof that its "your brother" you are "trading" with. It can also be a second account of you. 
And interactions between owned accounts is a violation of the terms of service which gets you a permanent suspention. Using a third person to bypass this wont save you from consequences.

Refrain from it.

I'm being honest when i say it's me and my brother. (I'd even provide photo proof to DE if necessary). But i'll probably just go to a cyber cafe to trade with him instead. It's been years since we played and i'm trying to earn some prime sets he wants and trade it to him for use. For now all i can do to help him out with what he wants is gifting him warframe/weapon slots he needs or whatever things can be gifted from the shop.

Until the day we both have a PC of our own, then we can play together in-party.

Edited by ToaPhantom
Grammer error "Is" to "If"

2 minutes ago, Sasorika said:

Best tip from my side:

Visit support.warframe.com , create a ticket and make sure to explain to DE about it and get the final okay in order to not get any hicc ups, suspentions or what so ever. 

I've messaged [DE]Drew about this before, 3 years ago regarding sharing accounts between siblings. 
His response was "Technically, the answer is no, account sharing is not allowed. However, as long as it isn't being abused, you're unlikely to have any trouble if you share with a sibling.  "

Though just in case i'll send another support ticket to their team to make sure in case the terms are changed this time.

3 hours ago, ToaPhantom said:

I've messaged [DE]Drew about this before, 3 years ago regarding sharing accounts between siblings. 
His response was "Technically, the answer is no, account sharing is not allowed. However, as long as it isn't being abused, you're unlikely to have any trouble if you share with a sibling.  "

Though just in case i'll send another support ticket to their team to make sure in case the terms are changed this time.

Doesn't sound like they are sharing an account; two accounts but one computer.