Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overview: Prime Time #266!

[DE]Rebecca

Только что, Drachnyn сказал:

I meant the innate elemental we saw on the kuva lich screen. The kuva lich info screen told us that specific kuva seer had 25% cold damage bonus, while the kuva dubba stubba of the next lich had 52% heat bonus. 

Hm..maybe it shows  bonus damage that Kurva Litch deal in combat

il y a 38 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

After the Update launches, we are providing an Inbox full of goodies. We know you’ve put a lot of time and resources into some of the things we’re changing (Melee, Vauban, Ember, etc), so please enjoy these free items by logging in before December 31st 11:59PM ET:

Please make the gifted legendary core untradable. Otherwise the market price will crush (and there could be abuse by people having many accounts).

12 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Not a great look how?  I sort of assumed that the stats increase as the power of the lich goes up.  One that you defeat right away will have a weaker weapon than one who has returned many times.  Even if it's just set when the lich is generated and never changes, you still have the option to simply defeat/convert the lich and discard the weapon, which would generate a new one.

Anyway the precedent is already set with Rivens.  Which are random drops, that affect a random weapon with random stats that you can reset to a random new arrangement.

If it does just scale with deliberately letting the lich keep getting stronger, that's fine, I suppose. I'm not sure if they've been clear on that, which is why I'm hoping it is being considered carefully.

I'm also among the people who thinks that rivens were one of the worst thought out and ill-conceived ideas ever put into the game, so that's really not a precedent I'm fond of. And if that precedent follows all the way through, they'd also be putting in some form of trading them. Not sure how I'd feel about that notion, either, though I don't think they've said anything to the direct effect yet?

I really really REALLY hope that the Parazon mod farming isn't going to be obnoxious.

There's nothing more irritating than a new baseline mechanic introduced across the game...with mods and components buried in lategame RNG like fissures.

24 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Exodia Triumph Arcances - Have been changed to +50% chance to increase the Combo Counter on hit.
  • Exodia Valor Arcanes - Have been changed to +200% chance to increase Combo Count when hitting Lifted Enemies.

What is a "chance" to increase combo counter?  Are you talking about just adding to your hit streak or improving the combo multiplier ?? 

How will Exodia HUNT work with heavy slam attacks???  Can u make a video of that combo??   Hunt pulls stuff within 20meters to you upon a ground slam.  Heavy slams lift....  so will we suck things in and then lift or will the pulled enemies get stuck in their tracks and lifted right away or third option will stuff get lifted and then pulled?   Would just like to see this in action.  

I never used catchmoon exclusively,   I only started using mine for Profit Taker, Exploiter and disruptions.  Anywhere else I rarely equipped.   I guess I can still use on PT if I start targeting the legs.  I cant speak to how other people have been using it but seriously the catchmoon is who you decide to drop the nerf hammer on??  All those years of Arca Plasmor??   Since you guys are kneecapping its range how about widening the radius of its shots/blasts?? 

How about buffing Rattleguts,Gaze,Tombfinger ?

You left out a big bullet point... grendel getting locked behind arbitration and needing 25 vitas to get a key to get each part(75 vitas total).... You said the average Arbitration player earns 23 vitas a day..... Oh yeah???  What % of the population dont even mess with arbitration??   What % do not mess with Profit Taker, Exploiter, Tridolons, or Sorties????   Im dieing to see those numbers/stats.   Now you say I can let my friend buy all the keys for grendal parts and then I can just leech off him ????  Awesome!!!  Those high prices really served a purpose!!??

If DE plan is to just continually raise enemy levels for new content this is going to end like every other only game I have played.  The player pop will start to vanish,  you will have a small group of hardcore supporters who buy everything and keep the game afloat and spend the rest of their time attacking all the people who loved the game but hate how buggy, how difficult, how little content there is with each update.   Until DE has fired most of their staff and turns into a 5 man operation...       You have been on this path for awhile but now with Req fissures it feels like its seeping into normal gameplay which is horrible.  ESO, Arbitrations, Boss Critters were at the extremeties of the game.  Kuva Liches will piss off every low to mid level player who cant do req fissures to get the things they need to kill their lich.  

il y a 42 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

and is now a part of the Tutorial.

Is this meaning a new Tutorial is coming ? (quest or codex-training ?)

il y a 43 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

New Mods! 8 new cryptic and invocative Mods required for truly Vanquishing or Converting your Kuva Lich.

Hm, 8 seems pretty low. But if they are used like "sometime you need 1 mod, sometime 2, sometime 3" then the combination possibilites are bigger. I'm impatient to see how that will work.

il y a 45 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Playing Influenced nodes incur a reward tax, but you can get some rewards back once you Defeat your Lich.

If we donate to a clanmate a lich that stole rewards from us, will the clanmate obtain the stolen rewards on defeating the Lich ?

il y a 47 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

The Void is reacting to the experiments in the Kuva Fortress - Fissures are appearing! 

Will those new fissures be automatically unlocked for players that completed current quests or can we except some kind of side-quest to unlock all the kuva lich mechanics ?

il y a 51 minutes, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

to deeper gameplay like decoding the means to Assassinate your Lich.

Can we have one "scan to codex" mod for the parazon ? Sold by Simaris like the archwing melee mode that does the same idea. If it's even possible to kill mobs with it indeed.
I might have some other ideas of "warframe augment" style mods related to the warframe for the parazon but I keep that for after the release. (base idea: nekros parazon augment turning mob killed by finisher with parazon into specters for few seconds)

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

3) Catchmoon

How about making more weapons that are useful at higher lvl content like eidolons or lv100+ enemies instead of nerfing the only secondary that is useful for such content?

It's not catchmoon's fault that other secondaries are not good to take down some targets like eidolons or demolysts or crowds of lv100+ armored enemies.

And also i'm still annoyed of Saryn's nerf that removed spores auto-spread.

Can you please stop nerfing everything good and concentrate on weapons that are too weak first to give people a good choice instead of bad one?

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Exodia Brave Arcanes - Now grants +5 Energy Generation when killing an Enemy with a Heavy Attack. This can stack up to 3 times.

This looks interesting, will have to see how long it lasts and how heavy attacks work, but still seems neat.

Covert Lethality - is remaining as a Dagger Mod for now with +16 Initial Combo and 100% Finisher damage, pending later review. 

That is some serious garbage. I really hope you are adjusting the mod capacity cost. 15 for that crap is outrageous.

I only ever used covert lethality for the +100 base damage increase on daggers. Because... Daggers suck and needed this bandaid mod.

24 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

Well, the system likely doesn't unlock at all until after you finish The War Within.  And I might be mistaken, but it looked like when they did a mission on the affected node they had a choice between the normal version and the Lich Influenced version.  If people really want to opt out they might add something for that in the future, but if this is the case then you at least have the option to not face the minions (and therefore not have your stuff stolen.)  I'd assume the tradeoff for *doing* those missions is the chance to somehow gain intel about the Lich and start crafting the Parazon Requiem invocation needed to actually kill them.

They keep hinting there's some kind of lore behind the Lich system, so maybe it will be gated behind a side story quest like Limbo or Titania.  Don't want to have a Lich creeping on you?  Don't do the story mission.  Which will be fine as long as it doesn't turn into a pre-requisite for New War or something.  o.O

Ah I see, I guess I should watch that prime time to get more questions answered. I guess it's quite user-friendly if people have the option to do the Lich-influenced missions or not so that they can avoid the chance of getting their loot stolen, or any unwanted surprise visits.
And if they add in the future those Clan "deposits" where you can "donate" a Lich, as long as anyone can build those, even solo clans, then the system would also be rather fair - though amusing in a way, picturing a solo clan where someone has dumped all those unwanted Liches to collect dust in in their own Kennel of unwanted puppies 😄

Hopefully story content (a Lich side quest would be fine I suppose, but not New War) won't get gated away behind more and more escalating power-requirements and challenges, as there are so many people who want to enjoy a story with minimal filler, the old problem seen in many RPGs that lock story missions behind endless grinding and power-checks, except here it's a free2play game that hopes most grinding/farming will last people for years and years, instead of a single one-and-done RPG designed to be played around 40-80hours.

One thing i am wondering with the kuva liches is where we defeat it.  So far, we always managed to just overpower bosses and enemies with raw force, even if there was supposed to be a puzzle added in or teamwork required.  Eidolons is a pretty well known example by now. Those were thought to be impossible to solo according to the devs. We still managed to find a way to bring enough raw strength to solo the eidolons if you remember to bring the proper weapons.

Going with what was shown in the devbuild, you first fight it without the parazon to the point that Steve switched to parazon for the instant-kill,

So, what kind of protection will they give the kuva lich that will keep us from killing them without the parazon used if we still need to damage them first with normal attacks?

Can we please get all the melee dispo reset to the middle 3.  We can't properly asses how the weapon handles if we are looking at old rivens as a factor as well. Plus it only seems fair to reset their dispo since this is such a big change.  Then you can use the new info to adjust them up or down.

Titania changes are so utterly underwhelming you might just keep them out of the list. Tribute getting DR and retaining damage reflection despite damage reflection being useless is nonsensical. If you want to rework Tribute just set your mind whether you either want less buffs but more substantial or keep the current number of buffs and just give them more utility than what they currently have; as of now it's just 4 less than situational buffs not worth spending energy on and no, getting more paper-flies is not an incentive to cast Tribute. Razorflies can keep aggro off you for a small fraction of time before they all get shot down and having them pick up tributes for you is still not useful considering the buffs themselves are not worth casting them. Damage reduction, we can discuss how good it will be because I don't know the numbers but damage reflection will always do laughable damage, enchanced dmg for the paper flies is something no one really cares about as they are not intended for damage dealing but as a distraction. All and all this synergy between abilities feels force and doesn't really offer any incentive to use them. I'm curious about Diwata changes and hopefully the objectively worst Exalted weapon of the game got some attention. 

Titania Prime comes next year, a part of me still hopes DE will eventually see her hidden potential by that time and show some love for a frame they just don't seem to care about. 

Playing Influenced nodes incur a reward tax, but you can get some rewards back once you Defeat your Lich.

Excuse me? SOME? Haha. Ok. Follow me here.

Introduce new system -> Tax us -> Pretend like its a fun mechanic -> Player loses "SOME" rewards overall -> Net loss to us -> Nice.

I freakin love vague descriptions of trying to skim our resource gain.

Yes cut off the top to seemingly raise the bottom, cuz this works so well in real life economic systems soooo well too.

and that justification of the higher MR the higher the percentage of people using Catchmoon;

well what people fail to realize whenever someone with this kind of mentality does this kind of thing and uses this kind of excuse is SCALE,

they don't tell you that the higher MR goes the lesser the number of players making the sample size smaller making the percentage more exaggerated. 

the outcome of this kind of mentality will result in the same way someone implements this in real life 

the top or the rich just flees to another country and never goes back or invests in your country again,

or in this case to another game.

good luck DE.

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • But what about the Channeling FX you ask? Prime Armor Channeling FX will now appear when the Combo Counter reaches 2!

What about the normal channeling FX though? You know, the glow around the warframe and melee weapon when you activate channeling? You only talked about prime armor...

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2) Melee

• We are not touching Melee Riven Dispositions until we get updated data - expect advance notice when we close in on a date for this.
  • All Riven Challenges related to Channeling have been changed to reflect ‘Combo Counter’.
  • Abilities that use the Combo Counter (such as Ash, Atlas, etc.) will scale at 25% of their former values, to make up for the ease of building a much higher Combo Counter Multiplier. This value is pending review for balance passes. 
  • All Melee weapons have received an updated Slam FX - come on and SLAM (attack), and welcome to the jam! 
  • But what about the Channeling FX you ask? Prime Armor Channeling FX will now appear when the Combo Counter reaches 2!
  • Condition Overload - Now stacks a Maximum of three times, but the buff amount has risen from 60% to 120% per stack to offset the damage difference.
  • Covert Lethality - is remaining as a Dagger Mod for now with +16 Initial Combo and 100% Finisher damage, pending later review. 
  • Killing Blow - Increases Heavy Attack damage and decreases the ‘wind-up’ time for Heavy Attacks
  • True Punishment - Add 40% Critical Chance, but reduces the chance to add to the Combo Counter by -10%

Is there any news on the new numbers for the blood rush mod?

Please increase the number of purchasable loadouts slots

Many desire more config options, many more fashion options, but we that want loadouts for eache released frame, that we like to play all the content and diversify our playstyle and loadouts are left out, which conflicts with the stance you use when you nerf something like the catchmoon

I use the catchmoon on one build on my 35 loadouts

So, give the ones who wants to diversify gameplay what we'd like to have, since we suffer the consequence of other playing only 2 frames and using 3 meta weapons

Archived