Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overview: Prime Time #266!

[DE]Rebecca

On 2019-10-25 at 7:12 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!

1) This edit really should've been called out via its own post so it'd appear in dev tracker.

2a) Well, this is unexpected. Hadn't even considered this a possibility.
2b) Then don't call them mods. No other mod is consumed on 'use'. Edit: Unless that's going to start being a thing.

3) Aww.

And here, I was pleased by the drop table.
I was looking forward to just using Intact relics, because the only reward worth the time is the riven fragment (maaaybe the kuva, if you don't have a res booster), with the weapon exilus sitting in the 'rare' spot and not diluting my desired drop, so I'd pick up the Requiem Mods as they came, same as the WExilus BP.

To be clear: I do not want the weapon exilus BPs - Very few weapons can both fit and benefit from them while still keeping any measure of polarity (read: build) flexibility.
While I'm glad the R.mods aren't rare, now I'll either need many many more R.Relics, or to waste Traces to either get commons anyway or the rare I don't want.

First world problems? Possibly.

Also, @Brozime Guess you called it.

On 2019-10-25 at 6:12 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

3 More ‘Config’ Slots

• 10 Plat each, per item! This offers premium Customization depth - you’ll still have the ABC you’ve always had, just 3 new options. Only appears at MR 10 - so you do need progress before you have this option.

These are per item. Does that mean if you have two of the same item you get a config slot for both of them if you buy one? If the item is sold or destroyed/used in building another item, do you lose it forever? Is it transferred? Do you get it back if you rebuild the item?

On 2019-10-26 at 1:27 AM, DariusMcSwag said:

Please look into the Requiem Relic drops. Amber Stars seem like a waste, Kuva could be doubled, and Weapon Exilus Adapters arent worth the rare drop.

Please consider: 

- adding another, more common Parazon mod to replace Amber Stars

- Increasing the Kuva value to 2400 - 5000

- Adding Veiled Rivens or Riven Transmuters to replace Weapon Exilus Adapters in the rare slot

no

On 2019-10-26 at 2:42 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!

Having the mods required for killing Liches be consumable items sounds like the most actively soul crushing way this could be done. I would rather have to farm the same few mods over and over and over in order to kill a guy. Especially when the mods are locked behind 3 or so layers of RNG,

Please reconsider this and make the mods permanent items

1 hour ago, GrandLibra said:

Having the mods required for killing Liches be consumable items sounds like the most actively soul crushing way this could be done. I would rather have to farm the same few mods over and over and over in order to kill a guy. Especially when the mods are locked behind 3 or so layers of RNG,

Please reconsider this and make the mods permanent items

I would have to agree, this doesn't seem like a positive direction for the game.

On 2019-10-25 at 9:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more!

The mods getting consumed turns the entire Kuva Lich system upside down and makes farming relics the focus instead of the Kuva Lich. Requiem relics are timegated so they are what you have to prioritize if you want to actually get a kuva weapon and all of the RNG behind kuva weapons means you are going to take the first one you can get even if it's bad. I really can't see duplicates becoming a problem with how bad the other rewards from the relics are, Weapon Adapters are worthless on the vast majority of weapons and farming 10 Riven Fragments isn't worth it with how slow the relics are to acquire.

All having them be consumed does is add extra filler to a system that shouldn't need it since it was set up to give out randomized weapons.

12 hours ago, (PS4)f0l1v31r4 said:

Would be awesome at least one for each unique frame... and plus we paying for it as @omegaslayer said in another post. It’s gd to know more ppl think on that. I respect the fashion ppl and their tastes. But to me... useful things always come first.

That's the point

I don't understand people that does not have mandatory mods but have purchased all the tennogen stuff...for me gameplay comes first

BUT, if they like to play fashionframe it's not a problem for me and it doesn't damage the way I play the game, so if DE offers more for that people, I'm happy for them

Surely, though, when I ask something that is in the direction in which DE seemly wants to lead players, I kind of expect the same treatment other players got, and I expect the support of the other players, since I never downplayed their requests

On 2019-10-25 at 12:20 PM, (XB1)Jartzanator96 said:

CLEM! GRAKATA!

Can't wait for that inbox gift + my Kuva Dubba Stubba

Not just the Dubba Stubba, but that Kuva Khom lookin hella fine. Can't wait to see the final stats, especially with the randomization of each kuva lich, see if we can get a Kuva Khom with innate Toxin xD

Now that, would be an epic gamer moment.

I don't like the idea of Requiem mods being consumables. There's a triple RNG wall to struggle through to get a single mod. What would be a much better system is that we get all the mods automatically and they require a "currency" that comes from the Requiem Relics in order to power the mods. There's enough RNG in the game as it is, we don't need to hunt for 8 mods that require rolling good on 3 different RNG checks just to participate in the Kuva Lich system.

On 2019-10-28 at 4:43 AM, EvanGallaway said:

Guys, I'm sorry but I really don't understand all the hate even for the inbox bundle, they even said there would be melee alerts which give even more Formas, we got another Forma with the Hallowed Flame, and that would make like 7 Forma. 7 Forma are, what, 70-90 Plat you just saved? it's not that horrible at all. You don't even know how many Formas you would have to spend, it's not like every single mod has its own polarity, there are 4 polarities in the game ("special" ones aside), no matter how many mods are around. 

And we even get a Legendary Core out of nowhere, I might add. 

I don't get why does this sound so awful to some of you. It's not like every single player in Warframe needs a bundle of 30 Formas, but even so, Formas can be farmed relatively easy. Sorties, Relics, Nightwave, Alerts, Invasions... They chose to speed up our farm a bit, not to pulverize it entirely. Yet I still read all these disappointed comments, all this talk about impending doom while the mainline isn't even out yet, and forgive me, but this doesn't make any sense. Wait for the update, try your weapons, play with configurations, then decide what should be done with them. We can't talk about a thing that isn't even out yet, we don't have any substance to create our opinion, only speculation. 

Oh yeah that's perfectly fine to you? if you think for a moment and stop being so biased towards DE stuff and trying to look like a goody 2 shoes you will realize that the ammount of forma we will get is nowhere near enough, theres over 150 melee weapons in warframe and more being added every so often, if you go by logic that some people will have at least 20 or 30 of these massive ammount, you come to terms that you will at least need 1 forma per weapon, in that logic, 7 Forma is enough? and the legendary core as good as it sounds its not that helpful when you take into account its only going to rank up a single mod, unless you plan to use it on primed pressure point wich yeah its the only mod that stays as it is and its a must have mod for all melee wich to be fair most people already have it maxed rank and is using them by now.

And saying that forma is failry easily to farm is a very weak VERY weak argument, because in case you forgot, yes you can farm a hell of a lot of forma BLUEPRINTS from relics and each forma requires 24 hours to build, now if you coulld build a bunch at the same time in the same span of time, it would be fine but you can only build one per day, meaning that if you at have at least... say... 15 weapons (going extremely low on ammount here) you wil need to wait 8 more days to get that extra forma you will SURELY need for your weapons, people arent asking for 100 forma or 50 or 30 forma, they are asking for a decent ammount they can use to get their weapons back to a spot they can use and enjoy the new system.

Oh and to pop you out of your bubble, its not hate, its dissapointment that DE doesnt realize that what they are offering as the "inbox full of goodies" is a really minimal ammount of things needed for all the possible work most people will have to do to bring back their weapons back in shape, aka weapons that used scaling crit builds with blood rush, same as some builds that used condition overload alone and even those that use hybrid builds as well.

On 2019-10-25 at 6:22 PM, Nssheepster said:

This is not okay. EXISTING Exilus Adapters are already in existence, and troublesome enough to get. Unless you'd like to claim that 50K Simaris Standing is quick and easy to get? Because that's the only consistent way to get them, outside of..... Conclave.

Simaris also wants you to A) Grind standing, to get his version of the scanner, because the game needed two scanners apparently, and then also upgrade it for the standing you just ground up, then B) Don't kill things, like the entire game is built for, but scan the thing that is running away or attacking you in special spots, and then C) Do this a lot, to get a blueprint, to get access to the entire potential of your weapon.

This is Reactors/Catalysts all over again.The customization of this game is a major part of the draw for it. Locking ACCESS to that customization behind plat, sheer dumb luck, or insane grind walls..... That's not okay. That's the thing. I WILL grind for ways to customize my frames, IE, mods, endo and credits to level them up. But I should NOT have to grind, to get access to customization, that I also then have to grind.

Specifically locking WEAPON exilus slots behind a special new relic system, that we have to grind to get, then open, and hope, and then also build....... No. That's not okay. Just use Exilus Adapters. We've already got them, and they're bad enough to deal with as is. Adding REGULAR Exilus Adapters to these new relics is one thing. Making a new type is quite another thing.

You know what also isn't okay? CONSTANTLY locking things behind ONE type of content. Not every player will enjoy every type of content you produce. So STOP shoving things JUST in one type of mission. "We're adding new mods to Spy vaults. (Because we've never learned our lesson that players don't universally love farming Spy to try to get something from just the third cache, and we think this is acceptable despite being constantly told it isn't.)"

You can get it from relics or from syndicates they showed it as a reward for top tier syndicates.

You have to remember there are some people who have hundreds of Exilus Adapters from a messed up twitch drop. They let the people keep them since that was their mess up and was fairly limited in impact.  So them making a new item makes sense in wanting to keep sales up on the new item, they are still a business after all.

Also looking at the limited number of mods that have been confirmed for this slot, it won't make a huge impact on most weapons use and a few will benefit more from it but still got the cost to fit that mod in the loadout.

On 2019-10-26 at 5:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Decreased fall off damage from 100 to 10.
  • Decreased range of projectile from 40m to 20m and fall off range from 20-30m to 8-16m

I'm completely OK with this. You didn't touch the actual damage and thus my build can remain the same, you just humanely and expertly brought the weapon down a notch

On 2019-10-26 at 5:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

YUS. #*!% yes. I love this addition. It gives me more reason to continue playing the update 

The biggest bottleneck of this whole process seems to be the relic acquisition and maybe traces to upgrade them. If you don't need Kuva to upgrade them, that is. So far I assume we only have 4 different Relics. It is a system that is easily expandable, diluting the relic loot pool by adding more rewards. For example more Kuva Lich weapons that need more Requiem Mods.

Next thing are the new Kuva Weapons. The 13 Kuva weapons will be the most time consuming element. Not only does the Lich need the right weapon in the first place, It should preferably have the right bonus (stat? element?).

The most difficult part will be to find out how to generate the correct Lich. Preferably not only a Lich that carries the desired weapon, but also the desired element. Or bonus stats. Honestly, I didn't really understand this at all. And I also dont understand the last statement in the list: "Weapons do not come with slots," Those weapons dont have mod slots or which slots do you mean?

Most player will just farm for all the weapons, level them for Mastery and delete them. The exception is if they already have a strong element on them or if they actually like the weapon in general. Or if one or more of the weapons become meta weapons. After some time passed, maybe 2-3 weeks, it should be pretty obvious if one of the Kuva Weapons made the jump into the meta category. Only then will most of the players specifically grind for a certain weapon with certain attributes.

For example: To get the Kuva Ayanga, you need to

• Do lots of Archwing missions
  • On (a) certain planet(es)
  • With a certain weapon eqipped
  • With a certain aw loadout
  • With a certain Aw weapon loadout.

But once we have that information, it should be relatively easy to reproduce a Lich spawn with the desired weapon, including its stats.

In my experience, having 7-8 relics is enough to get the desired reward at least once. And I assume Relic share will also work for the Requiem Relics. So you need 32 relics overall (8 per type) and with my assumption of aquiring 2-3 relics per day, you probably need ~60 days. You will get lucky sometimes with relic drops and you will get lucky with relic rewards, so this should even out. Or at least I hope so.

For the rewards: The trash rewards (common) are decent bycatch and that's about it, but they will get more interesting once you have enough requiem mods and Wexilus Adapters.

How many Wexilus Adapters will you need? Probably 10-20 for the start. Three for each weapon slots, plus additional ones for new favorite weapons or meta shifts. I assume that the Wexilus slots will be handy and because of that also (ab)used. And even those Exiuls slots are more of a bycatch in the beginning, because the Requiem Mods are likely more sought after.

Which brings me to the Requiem Mods. You have 8 different mods, those mods seem to have multiple charges. Which means that if you are low on a certain Requiem Mod and still want to get rid of your Kuva Lich, you can just capture it instead. And by capturing, you won't use up any charges. Which means in return that you shouldn't get to attached to your current Lich companion for a while, until you have all the weapons, and maybe all the desired stat specific weapons. And at later stages, when you already acquired most of the Kuva weapons, you will also have less use for Requiem mods.

During the first 1-2 weeks after the launch, you kill the Lich if you can, because you need the weapon anyway. If you don't have the requiem mods yet you can just capture it and create a new lich, hoping you get one that needs Requiem Mods that you own. Later on you will have enough Requiem Mods, so you can just create Kuva Liches however you want. However this hinges on the assumption that Kuva Lich creation is not tied in to yet another arbitrary bottleneck, like 1 Lich per day, 1 Lich per week, or whatever.

Overall it doesn't seem too bad. You will accumulate the needed resources steadily. Just don't go into this update with the expectation to grind your heart out, because of the relic aquisition bottleneck. So don't frustrate yourself with that and lower your expectations. I am in the same boat. I would like to grind 10,15,20 relics and then slowly crack all of them when I find the time,

But a big issue for me is that it is quite a timesink. Probably 30-45 minutes per day to get 2-3 relics on average. That is quite rough. If you are Mr. Average, and still want to do an Eidolon Hunt, a longer Lua puzzle Nightwave quest, faction standing grind, or normal relics for plat/ducats, this new update will take a big bite out of your daily Warframe time.

On 2019-10-25 at 11:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Post Stream note: Requiem Mods are earned with charges, that are only consumed on a successful vanquishing of a Lich. Repeat Requiem Mods in your collection will eventually go to good use, so getting duplicates won't be disappointing if you are using Requiem Relics to acquire things like Riven Fragments, Weapon Adapters, and more

Oh my god, Brozime guessed right. I really hope this doesn’t become tedious enough to ruin the fun.

also, why can’t requiem relics also drop from kuva survival and kuva disruption? They’re already inferior kuva farming missions, but now even more so.

18 hours ago, Ein0r said:

"Weapons do not come with slots," Those weapons dont have mod slots or which slots do you mean?

They’re referring to weapon slots. They don’t come with weapon slots. If you don’t have the slots for them they’ll wait in your inventory until you do.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Shadedraxe:

They’re referring to weapon slots. They don’t come with weapon slots. If you don’t have the slots for them they’ll wait in your inventory until you do.

I didn't even think about weapon slots lol.

Archived