Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

The problem seems to be that it's a self-reinforcing failure case.  

In any situation where you might be getting in trouble (falling behind on spawns, or just not enough spawning, or the latern being out of position for some reason), the circle shrinks dramatically, and far too fast, and that limits hugely the number of npcs you can kill at once to increase it's radius, which leads to it hitting failure state regardless of anything else.

A simple but very good solution to this would be to have the circle have a set minimum radius or have it right before it extinguishes (say, ~5%) have it go to a huge (maximum or larger) radius briefly to give a window to actually recover.  As it stands now once it gets to about 30% you are done, because NPCs don't spawn fast enough/move fast enough, meaning you will have to run to the spawns and hope you guessed right on the locations.  It wouldn't hurt to have it just decay about 10% slower, either (or again, just a slower/limited shrinking of the circle), because the radius scales with the 'strength' left (which means of course, the area of the circle changes dramatically and far faster than it should).

It's not an impossible challenge, by any means, and if you have people keeping it above ~70% it's extremely unlikely you will run into issues (the problem is basically a compounding issue with the circle getting too small to recover and not much time to recover in), but I dislike any game type where 'Well, you messed up a little might as well abort out and try again' is the solution, instead of providing an avenue to recover/bounce back.

This event really sucked.  I'm commenting to prevent seeing this game mode in anything but some random holiday mixup alert.  It was a chore to get thru those 4 alerts and I don't really see how anyone could enjoy it.  The range is super tiny on the lantern and were not able to use any ranged attacks or abilities or jump around within the same area of our teammates.  Basically just stand in a tiny circle w speedva.and watch enemy radar.  You can also have one teammate fail the mission by holding the lantern and not running towards enemies (and there's nothing you could do there).  Not to mention, I don't enjoy a dark/light dynamic where everything is dark but some tiny flashlight radius, unless it was like pitch black and I had to follow the light through some really long intricate maze or something.  Yes, this is my opinion.

Hey DE this is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to play your game any more.  I do 2 long runs, the 2nd one we did correctly, after 18 minutes I'm stuck behind everyone after doing at least half of the work, because of your system where "the whole team doesn't need to be at the exit to extract" mechanic I just got screwed out of both the rewards AND wasted 20 minutes of my life.  My teammates extract and I'm stuck "reconnecting" then I get a failure screen. Good job.  When I have to spent a full hour doing this garbage because of a system in YOUR "game" and I still waste my time, I think you've screwed up something fierce.

12 hours ago, NervousTrashcat said:
  Hide contents

So, what's this Kavat Gene-Matter? It's not chat linkable, nor can I find it in my inventory.
Is it leaked vampire cat juice?
n1ekKaG.png

It's the material the Kavat's use to make their snazy very fashionable pants out of.

Brought to you by such manufactures as: Ambercrombie & [Fetch], Lucky [charm] Brand, Crit Wrangler, True Void Religion, A|X or Adarza Jeans, Cetus Eagle Outfitters, & Guess? (where the enemys are, cause your Kavats dead)

Has this been playtested before launch?
It's no fun to see your flame die out at 14:51 each time.

Can't kill enemies, if they don't flow in.

Sorry, just...
After a fifth time, you start getting a little aggitated.
Especially when RL comes pulling my skirt every few seconds, to drop everything and do chores.
Because I'm needed somewhere else...

7 minutes ago, AegisAmaranth said:

Has this been playtested before launch?
It's no fun to see your flame die out at 14:51 each time.

Can't kill enemies, if they don't flow in.

Sorry, just...
After a fifth time, you start getting a little aggitated.
Especially when RL comes pulling my skirt every few seconds, to drop everything and do chores.
Because I'm needed somewhere else...

I used a Speed Nova.
The timing is incredibly tight otherwise.

First two missions I didn't get that the new Horde meant I should go to it,
since I still had enemies to kill where I was, for a time.
Just mentioning that if you might have made a similar mistake.
Probably not, but just to be sure.

DE's Halloween events are usually pretty grueling.
I think last years we were unarmed punching things that exploded when they died.

seriously. this Event is Whack. I have Wukong on solo. and I murder lvl 100's no issue but if they cant path to me. I cant keep this Lantern lit at about 10 min I cant kill fast enough since the infested wont come attack me and if im NOT attacking. its pretty much 99% to 0 in just a few seconds. 

Pathing is buggy. and the Light radius makes the Mission with anyone else but yourself Infuriating. 
 Map is horrible for this. but that is a Different issue. 

Im saying it now: Elidons are less work this this. 

This alert feels wonky from the start as it feels like it is punishing those who go with pubbies ( unless you get lucky with a decent to good team ) since you can only kill within the lamps light, thereby negating efficient usage of certain frames like mesa, but also punishing towards going solo since you get the same issue there as well with the kills.

Lets take mesa for both examples. You are solo, so you can decide where to take that lamp for ease of use. However, the infested are usually outside of your lamp light, so peacemaker is not that useful. Neither are most weapons with a decent range thanks to that lamp light so you have to go with melee most of the time.

Same issue with groups if you don't get lucky. The lamp bearer is just running around like a chicken without a head, you get outside of the blue bubble because you didn't pay constant attention to the minimap and you suddenly deal zero damage because the lamp bearer was running away.

I even tried Nidus.
Just a no-go.

Larva pulls in enemies from outside the lamp area...
...into the light.

At which point, they should be killable, yes?

But nothing is further from the truth.
Enemies pulled into the light, from the darkness.
Still count as being 'in the darkness'

Which results in getting no kills for the duration of your larva.

I'm leaving the lantern on the floor in each area now, which helps a ton.
Speed Nova seems the only viable way.

But going in solo, it still cuts too short.

With a coordinated team maybe, yes.
But a big slap in the face for people going in solo.

There is challenge in an event
And there is plain cruelty.

This...
...is the latter.

Tried Khora, EVERYTHING was immortal 100% of the time.  Just like Nidus.

Mission failed instantly.

This feels really rushed for what it is.

First thoughts "Oh this is cool" then hit in the face with all the bugs and issues.

/!\ Positive comment /!\
I didn't read the event explaination so my first match was glorious; And quickly I thought (still before reading) that you had to brind the Lantern into the red-circle to kill enemies within. 😄

The 3rd round was a great experience to me, as I kept the light I walked slowly using the zoom on my secondary. All the squad (public) covered me. I thought I was in somekind of Alan Wake game where the light was the only mean to survive.
It was really fun, plus there was a non-stop action.
I do hope my teammates enjoyed as well.

The endurance run was different, as I was defending the Lantern-user; using Ferrox & Zenistar, it took a bit of time to set a pattern, but all the squad was team-playing.
Harder/faster than the other missions, it felt more like Warframe; loosing a bit on his "scarry things" with those jumpscares I could have in the 3rd round (as we were "slow" and mostly shooting: some infested succeed to surprise us here & there knocking us from behind).
I dare to say the endurance run felt more "competitive", even if a true prepared squad would knife-butter this mission.

On the animation, I wish we could get the Lantern for various reasons - cosmetic, bringing light at the cost of the primary weapon when used - as I see various scene to be made (in screenshot contest or even videos).
I believe too that the mechanic of the lantern could also reappear later, as I'm thinking of Mass Effect 2 with the protection-bubble to follow/protect in a hostile environment (maybe for an infested world; with some "infested storm" spawning randomly ?).

After getting all the rewards, I continue to play it a bit.
I just wished that public-squad would understand the use of the caches a bit more, to collect them all most of the time; but I can't ask too much on the Public: if it works, it already great, if all the secondary objectives are done it makes the day 🙂

Thank you for the Event; Thank you for the rewards.
Happy Halloween ~~

Imagine having 2700 hours in Warframe but not being able to get past 11 minutes in the endurance mode.
Clearely "lets see who's worthy to get the ephemera" wasn't talking about me lol. 

You've beaten me... I'm not gonna start a 20th attempt to earn something i'll never use /( ._.)\

11 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

For that matter, why do we not have a ship seasonal decor like the Xmas and the Chinese Spring festival one? It would be nice to see candles, spiders and webs, a man in the wall skeleton, coffins, and tombstones, a hanging ghost etc and other such things on our orbiter bridge.

^^ this ^^

I was really hoping we were going to get a spooky Halloween ship theme, especially after they announced the competition to make your dojo or ship look spooky.

Maybe consider this for next year please DE? A Halloween theme for the Orbiter would be epic! 

Really enjoyed the event. Completed all the missions first attempt, and got the Ephemera. Will no doubt go back to the endurance run to see if we can get the Day of the Dead sigil and Kavat Genetic Code tho.

Had zero problems running the missions and finding the caches. I used Khora set up with as much loot detection on her and Venari as possible and went off to find the caches while the rest of my squad kept the lantern alive, then I rejoined them afterwards. 

I can't say I noticed my Strangledome making the enemies immune, but it did gather them all in one place a few times... Then the lamp holder came over to that spot and we shot them to pieces 😉

The new Ephemera is nice too... It's turned my Saryn into MarSaryn the Vampire Queen ❤️

Oh, brilliant!

So we did a 15 minute run, but score turned out being only 891 / 900.

Bravo. I quit.

EDIT: Turns out we left too early, since it counts from when you first pick up the lantern. Mission score only counted 14m 51s. FML.

So many attempts of the endurance run and i haven't gotten past 15 minutes. In my experiences, the lamp decays so quickly and becomes tiny so you can't kill anything unless you stand right next to an enemy, and sometimes the enemies don't spawn straight away, usually screwing me over because my lamp decays far too quickly. Playing public is worse unless you get a good team as people just run about with the lamp all the time, preventing others from getting kills to charge it up. Wanna get that ephemera, but so far i'm on the verge of giving up unless this event gets balanced (i don't mind difficulty, but not one that screws you over so quickly unless you get lucky with spawns and good teammates that don't run all over the place with the lamp). 

20 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

0069900a20893879fd19a80900491eb0.jpg

HALLOWED FLAME is here from October 25th @ 2 PM ET until November 1st @ 2 PM ET. 

Light the darkness with the HALLOWED FLAME, Tenno. In this Tactical Alert, you will need to survive the hordes of Infested plaguing the Origin System. For those of you who fought the Zealoid enemies introduced in Nighwave: The Emissary, you are already equipped with the knowledge to survive the night.  

What You Need To Do

Seek out the Zealoid and destroy him to procure the Lantern - a prized item whose light sheds the invulnerability of the enemies washed over by it. Keep the Lantern charged for the required amount of time by killing enemies. Do so successfully to extract and earn rewards!  

1) Play the corresponding HALLOWED FLAME nodes to earn the Rewards!
2) The final node is the Endurance mode - play as long as you’d like!

What You Need To Know

Each mission increases in time and difficulty. Completing all three missions in the World State Window will unlock the Endurance node:

• You can extract at any point after 5 minutes, but since this is an Endurance Mode see how long you can go!  

A single Lantern is dropped from the Zealoid, so if you are running the missions in a Squad some coordination between you and your teammates is involved to make sure you stay within its light. Keep in mind that whoever picks up the Lantern will be the center point of its light! A blue indication on your map will show you where the light is located: 

9659789672298c4e4492e6de1401247b.PNG

Maintaining the Lantern’s charge means you will also maintain its range - if the charge starts to dip, so will the lit area in which you can clear enemy invulnerability. 

New hordes of Infested will be detected around the map to help you keep the Lantern charged. Follow the marker when it appears! You can also open the map to see where these areas are located. 

Destroying the pumpkin containers spread across the map also contributes to charging the Lantern.

Rewards! 

Surviving each mission tier will earn you the following Rewards: 

• Mission 1: Orokin Catalyst 
  • Mission 2: Forma
  • Mission 3: Aura Forma
  • Endurance Mode: NABERUS EPHEMERA + STRATOS EMBLEM 
    • If you can manage the necessary single-run score of 900 (15 minutes) 

Searching for Caches in the mission may yield you some special Hallowed Flame goods including Kuva or the Day of the Dead Sigil - be mindful though! You’ll have to balance keeping the Lantern charged while doing so. Stay vigilant of how much charge is left in the Lantern. 

Clan Information:

Clan Leaderboards will be available during HALLOWED FLAME! Even though this is a Tactical Alert, we want Clans to take their shot at the top of the boards. How long can you and your clanmates survive the Infested onslaught? 

Clan scores are determined by the Total (Sum) of each participating Clan member's single best run in Endurance Mode! These leaderboards do not include scores from members that joined after the Operation started.

PC WEB LEADERBOARDS: http://content.warframe.com/dynamic/hallowedFlame.php

XB1 WEB LEADERBOARDS: http://content.xb1.warframe.com/dynamic/hallowedFlame.php

NINTENDO SWITCH LEADERBOARDS: http://content.swi.warframe.com/dynamic/hallowedFlame.php

PS4 WEB LEADERBOARDS: Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances during our mainline hustle and bustle, we are unable to provide leaderboards for our PS4 players. We apologize!

FAQ: 

“How do I participate in Hallowed Flame?” 
Simply go to your Navigation console and click on the “Events” tab to see the active HALLOWED FLAME nodes. You can also travel to Earth to access them. 

“Will the Naberus Ephemera return after Hallowed Flame?” 
This item will be a seasonal special - similar to the rest of our Day of the Dead goods. You can expect it to return during our annual Halloween events. 

“Are there any Clan Trophies awarded for Hallowed Flame?” 
Since this is a Tactical Alert and not an Operation there are no Trophies - Hallowed Flame is a fun Halloween themed event to celebrate the spooky season! Clan members can get together to reach the top of the Leaderboards. 

“Can the Lantern be dropped and passed onto another Squad member?” 
Yes! Same as if you were carrying a Data Mass in Mobile Defense, if you swap from your Secondary weapon, you will drop the Lantern.

“Does the Lantern need to be picked up to work?” 
The Lantern will work if left on the ground, but you may need to pick it up and move it to the “New Horde” areas so that you can maintain its charge.

still can't enter this new hallowed tactical alert,after i clicked the alert notification or the pumpkin head,the loading screen freezes at 5 percent even going with squad,still won't let me go inside this hallowed tactical alerts,this is my second day trying to get inside this new tactical alert,can you please do something bout this issue @DE

Archived