Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

6 hours ago, AegisAmaranth said:

I even tried Nidus.
Just a no-go.

Larva pulls in enemies from outside the lamp area...
...into the light.

At which point, they should be killable, yes?

But nothing is further from the truth.
Enemies pulled into the light, from the darkness.
Still count as being 'in the darkness'

Which results in getting no kills for the duration of your larva.

I'm leaving the lantern on the floor in each area now, which helps a ton.
Speed Nova seems the only viable way.

But going in solo, it still cuts too short.

With a coordinated team maybe, yes.
But a big slap in the face for people going in solo.

There is challenge in an event
And there is plain cruelty.

This...
...is the latter.

I mentioned dropping the lantern pages ago, it really helps whether in solo or PUG IMO. I also suggested a Speed Nova but I haven't actually used her. My friend uses her in endurance survivals to speed up enemies to feed my Saryn and Octavia. So I figured she'd be helpful here where you need lots of enemies to feed the lamp. 

Thus far I've run it a couple of times successfully. Once solo, one complete PUG and a couple of times with a friend and 2 PUG's. It can be extremely difficult when you PUG because as others mentioned some people grab the light and run all over with it. My friend even tried politely messaging to no avail. A Nekros player was picking up the lamp and then actually running away from the enemies to survive. Even stated as much in his message. Still he refused to drop the light and made us chase him. That was a hard win, between chasing the light and having to revive players six times I was sweating hard as the light nearly went out several times. I don't know why I've run into so many Nekros either as they didn't seem to have Shield of Shadows or just chose not to use it and I don't see how Desecrate would be helpful in he run. 

If you're still attemting it I had very good luck running Saryn and a Amprex. The Amprex chained to enemies who I thought weren't in the light's AOE but I was pleasantly mistaken. I was also surprised that I was able to hit enemies on the floor below the light weilder. My guess is I need to look more at my HUD for the lights AOE  then actually looking for the light itself. I only used my abilities rarely as Saryn mostly when a player went down to stifle the sudden swarm around us. 

Are there supposed to be invincible infested that come into the light and stay invincible because they suck especially after 10 mins and there's hardly any infested around? Also could we get more enemy spawns? I can't make it past 825 cause there's never enough enemies in the red new horde circles after 10 minutes and when I do find them it's the invincible ones that stay invincible even in the light. Thanks in advance

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Doesn’t make your complaint any less illogical. You’re complaining that a holiday themed event is giving us a new Vandal or Wraith. When the Halloween event has never done that and they already said the reward this time would be the bat Ephemera.

Regardless, that doesn't make your statement that this ISN'T a Tactical Alert true 

I love Naberus Ephemera, da da da da Batman.... Also i didn't find any bugs (PC) and this event isn't hard at all - completed all 4 stages from first try, easily soloed and you don't need to grind a lot of times for reward - just perfect. Thx DE.

Endurance Mode: NABERUS EPHEMERA + STRATOS EMBLEM 

• If you can manage the necessary single-run score of 900 (15 minutes) 

If it simply stated 15 minutes on the event drop down, It would have immediately made sense and I wouldn't have to alt tab Google. 

900 what? Kills? Minutes? Score?

What's the purpose of being able to extract or not fail before the15 minute mark?

Just got done trying the endurance part of the event for the 6th time.

Spawned in and noticed it was a bit laggy, host could see mission time and updating radius for Light / Horde Zones, all clients couldn't see the progress being made though. We were stuck 'In the dark' so to speak.

We got past the 900 score mark and the host told us to extract. But when we got back to the Orbiter, the score did not update at all. And we just wasted another run.
Only reason I decided to try the event public was because of the punishing enemy spawn rates and the randomness that ensues while "trying" to play solo. I've already wasted close to 2 hours trying to get the ephemera, and I'm honestly losing my want to get something I won't even equip. (I just want to collect things)

It just feels like a more unrewarding (albeit temporary, I hope to god it's temporary) version of Sanctuary Onslaught. Encouraging play in a team, pooping on solo players, and sometimes not even rewarding you for playing in a team.

The whole light / dark mechanic could be really neat. If it worked correctly with CC frames and drained a lot slower.
This ain't it, chief. I miss the old Halloween event with the Juggernaut now. ;(

So I went to the final twice:  Pubbed with a Duration Nidus and second was a Khora.  Super lame that if they're pulled and immobilized the light doesn't strip their invulnerability.  Like the Nidus' Larva lasted for around 10 seconds and for the entire 10 seconds the mobs were suspended in the air, like literally on top of the lantern, they were still invulnerable.  Same with khora's Strangledome.  Why even is this necessary?

I recommend to bring this game mode to Sectors and also Fissures. Once at least one Round is completed, the Lantern can get dark and the Tenno must seek Extraction within 5min, like in Survival without Life Support. I played it several times, and to get the Caches too requires coordination in the Squad (someone should be tasked specifically for finding them pretty fast), and these are great to grant them additional Rewards and to contribute variation and a special challenge. To improve that game mode in the future: At and below 25% Light, its radius stays there if at least one Tenno is in the Light - their Life will be drained, no Bleedout, sudden death. Slightly (-30%) change Light decay rate at low Light levels.

16 hours ago, Ogundiety said:

The problem seems to be that it's a self-reinforcing failure case.  

In any situation where you might be getting in trouble (falling behind on spawns, or just not enough spawning, or the latern being out of position for some reason), the circle shrinks dramatically, and far too fast, and that limits hugely the number of npcs you can kill at once to increase it's radius, which leads to it hitting failure state regardless of anything else.

A simple but very good solution to this would be to have the circle have a set minimum radius or have it right before it extinguishes (say, ~5%) have it go to a huge (maximum or larger) radius briefly to give a window to actually recover.  As it stands now once it gets to about 30% you are done, because NPCs don't spawn fast enough/move fast enough, meaning you will have to run to the spawns and hope you guessed right on the locations.  It wouldn't hurt to have it just decay about 10% slower, either (or again, just a slower/limited shrinking of the circle), because the radius scales with the 'strength' left (which means of course, the area of the circle changes dramatically and far faster than it should).

It's not an impossible challenge, by any means, and if you have people keeping it above ~70% it's extremely unlikely you will run into issues (the problem is basically a compounding issue with the circle getting too small to recover and not much time to recover in), but I dislike any game type where 'Well, you messed up a little might as well abort out and try again' is the solution, instead of providing an avenue to recover/bounce back.

The Tenno holding the Lantern in an Enemy Zone, shall not Sprint. They should put the Lantern down, at least when the Light gets below 60%. When travelling to another Enemy Zone, it is to stop Sprinting before the Light gets below 60%. I know this has a hard impact to many who are learning to cope with this game mode, but this truly requires no selfish movements and pure Squad control - they will learn that.

Finally got it done.

My recipe for success was running solo using Wukong with 2 Arcane Resistance equipped. Since the range of the lantern is so limited melee frames seem to work better. Atlas, Chroma, Excalibur, Valkyr would probably also work.

Octavia using 1-3-4 (static kill area) might also work (but might be too squishy).

Of course it might just have been pure luck...

Got thru the endurance. I REALLY wish we would get "holdable" objectives to be attached to the frame instead of holding them, I get tired of using melee and secondary all the time. Went thru the endurance with a PUB squad as a peaceful slowing equinox, but rarely used her 3 *due to my hate with the charge mechanic* I used my melee far more than the secondary and the squad just moved around with me and we let the infested come to us.

That being said, this mode could use some tweaks *such as the insane drain rate* but it FELT like a survival without the need to hunt down life support caps, which was GREAT. I'm hoping this become a new type of endless mode as I REALLY enjoy it...,much more than survivals tbh.

Archived