Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[All Platforms] Hallowed Flame Tactical Alert

[DE]Danielle

Playing with randoms really is a gamble. Half the players I join are below MR5 and get destroyed in seconds. There's only so much patience I have before I leave them to bleed out.

I got my bat aura so I'm going use the event to level up my prime gear. I have to make a mad dash for the lantern so it doesn't get taken around for a world tour.

Just solo with ignis and ember prime. drop lantern and sit and kill. easy. if you have to squad up just drop the lantern and have no one pick it up until you wanna extra.

warning theres a bug where if you use the lantern some enemies dont be damagable. to fix just get the lantern out of range and back into it.

Solo with wisp + gram prime riven = easy as you just carry the lantern always. Even easier at 30 fps lock because DE makes the drain faster with higher FPS lol. 

worst WF event I've ever took part in hands down. It shouldn't be easier solo, it shouldn't be bugged with the fps = more drain and the ultimate reward is locked to gear check so new players are going to definitely cry. This is not what Warframe needed with a delayed update and Destiny 2 being free. 

Oh also if you don't do solo a single person with the lantern can run off and end the mission. It's so easy to troll on this mode. This breeds toxicity between players and I'm certain to the game itself. 

On 2019-10-26 at 10:39 AM, IIDMOII said:

Endurance Mode: NABERUS EPHEMERA + STRATOS EMBLEM 

• If you can manage the necessary single-run score of 900 (15 minutes) 

If it simply stated 15 minutes on the event drop down, It would have immediately made sense and I wouldn't have to alt tab Google. 

900 what? Kills? Minutes? Score?

What's the purpose of being able to extract or not fail before the15 minute mark?

I finished mine solo first try and got to 900 with like 550 kills so I guess they are all worth varying amounts of points. 

23 hours ago, master_of_destiny said:

Kudos on an actual event.

Points taken for this being the most annoying survival mission I've ever had.  Ripping straight into this:

1. If you have a Volt, Nidus, Khora, or any frame that pins enemies you can abort at the start.  Their CC abilities make enemies immortal.
  2. If you don't have a speed Nova, or somebody got cheeky with power donation, you can abort.  Enemies need to rush into that small area, and with the broken spawns it's going to be a pain.
  3. Cache hunting is a joke.  Tiny amounts of Kuva, a Lith relic, a few hundred endo, and the sigil.  9+ reward rolls and I'd be angrier if 75% of the team was wasting time finding the caches.
  4. Speaking of which, one team member effectively is the only thing that matters.  Everyone else should either buff or revive, because the paltry area doesn't given you any other option.
  5. The rewards are...ok.  The ephemera is not bad, but is an ephemera.  By definition, something inconsequential and fleeting.
  6. It's better than fisticuffs against the Juggernaut, with a timer and AI too stupid to complete a run against the pumpkin pile.  That's damning with false praise there, because a hangnail was better than that mess.  Can we go back to the fog missions on earth, with buffed enemies with cleavers and melee only?  That was fun.  Yeah the grind for points sucked, but seeing where we went from there it's much better where we were.

In total...I'm further disappointed.  It's not RNG, so a hearty win there.  Unfortunately it is not fun, spooky, or challenging.  It's a gear check and frustration for the one person who the entire run hinges upon.  I lost the 15 minutes because a Volt paralyzed enemies so far off screen that I couldn't kill faster than the drain.  I lost because somebody else sat in a corner and ran out the timer because...there's no real instructions and by the time you get to the 15+ minute requirement many people have been carried there.  Those who weren't carried are using garbage gear, and those toxic procs can nuke a frame from full health if it's the caster this game requires.  I even lost because the lantern carrier decided to leave at 5 minutes, because they didn't get the increasing timer requirements.

Another swing and a miss.  With the Catchmoon stripping plans...I'm starting not to care.  2+ months of grinding ESO and I don't have a Lato Vandal barrel.  100+ runs, and I can't get the MR it represents.  This level of crap is almost Xiphos level insulting.  So we are clear, you're better getting a minimum wage job, earning money for a week or so, and purchasing the Xiphos than grinding for it.  ESO is only mildly tolerable because it's a syndicate standing farm.  As far as I'm concerned if Railjack isn't amazing it's another 2 year hiatus here.  Nothing in this game is worth the frustration, when time and again things release broken, get patched months later, and get "fixed" by changing to what the community asked for in the first place.  All the while, there's no acknowledgment that the community has a good proposed fix....because developers apparently know best.

This. Mode sucks #*!%ing big time. Charge randomly starts ticking down like hell and you cant do S#&$ about it.

3 minutes ago, Aguirre23 said:

This. Mode sucks #*!%ing big time. Charge randomly starts ticking down like hell and you cant do S#&$ about it.

it's somehow timed to FPS I guess DE didn't play test at all. 

turn down fps cap to 30 fps and it'll go down a fair bit slower. I tried uncapped fps at like 244fps and it was much faster then 60 and incredibly vs 30. 

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

turn down fps cap to 30 fps and it'll go down a fair bit slower. I tried uncapped fps at like 244fps and it was much faster then 60 and incredibly vs 30. 

PC high score was just beat by 15mins, they are gonna have to wipe the scores and fix this. As there's no way to tell who's abusing the fps vs who has a potato PC. Hostile Mergers all over again lmao

7 minutes ago, (PS4)SummitRain said:

PC high score was just beat by 15mins, they are gonna have to wipe the scores and fix this. As there's no way to tell who's abusing the fps vs who has a potato PC. Hostile Mergers all over again lmao

At this point I think it's just best to remove leaderboards for good. 

On 2019-10-28 at 8:11 AM, fatpig84 said:

Now here I need to ask on this, but why do you need to read the forums for solutions ?
After I figured kill enemies fasts also give light, I just spam speednova and stopped worrying about the pumpkins.
Heck I don't even want CC because slowing down kill time is negative so only nova speed master frame for this event.

Just like why I pick Nekros for survivals so I can ignore most life support.

I completed the event like within endurance the day it was released with a pug, not a clan team, so how was it difficult ?
In fact there is no difference between a newbie player and veteran here since it uses the same mechanics that we all know from the Arlo nightwave.

I somewhat agree, but the caches weren't explained for a bit and the community still had to test what the different pumpkins did.
A speed nova can make this much easier, as can Ember, but the fact that DE mostly leaves it to player to document their time-limited events does kind of suck.

I was very lucky with my 1st full set of caches, but I lost 2 runs trying to open them and had to sty for 10 minutes in the 5 minute mission.

3 hours ago, Fire2box said:

Oh MY! No wonder my counter was ticking from 100-0 in less than 5 seconds. Geeeeeeeeeees

21 hours ago, TheArcSet said:

I somewhat agree, but the caches weren't explained for a bit and the community still had to test what the different pumpkins did.
A speed nova can make this much easier, as can Ember, but the fact that DE mostly leaves it to player to document their time-limited events does kind of suck.

I was very lucky with my 1st full set of caches, but I lost 2 runs trying to open them and had to sty for 10 minutes in the 5 minute mission.

But wasn't the purpose of this event to discover and learn? It wasn't really meant to be explained away. In fact, I think DE does that too much now. Let me search and find. 

Let's offer some feedback, on what this event should have been.

1. Tying any mechanic to frame rate is utter garbage.  If you're running a free to play game in 2019 and don't get that...have you paid attention to the Bethesda news?
  2. Your enemy spawn mechanics are horrible.  If you have a melee range of attack and everything else is invincible you really need a good spawn system.
  3. Instructions.  Burying them cryptically and forcing the community to explain the event is shenanigans.
  4. A team event which discourages teams is just backwards.

How could this be better?

1. Mobile defense with survival mechanics.  Once placed in a location a large radius is covered, allowing 4 people to cover a large room and kill for lantern energy.
  2. Caches suck, because the rewards suck.  If they were about triple the values seen it'd be worth it.
  3. Hide the caches away from anywhere the lantern goes.  This would make them actually difficult to find and require someone to sacrifice.  Right now the only sacrifice is if a buffing frame disappears.
  4. Make the rules clear.  You list 900 points as a win, but the points don't match seconds or kills.  This baffles me, and seems like you're just starting the timer late.
  5. Make the pumpkins glow.  If they are functionally just annoying destructible life support containers with no identification then nobody is going to value them.
  6. Get some Halloween spirit.  You've got nothing special here.  As an alternative instead of darkness give us thick red mists.  Give the enemies an unnatural glow.  Do something besides bog standard infested.  It doesn't have to be intensive, like new skins, just some atmosphere that doesn't feel like recycled garbage.
  7. Rewards.  I have to say the whole 5-7-10-15 minute progression is acceptable, but an ephemera and stratos emblem being 3 times as valuable as the 5 minute prize while being much more difficult to earn is a joke.  Let's make is real easy, and introduce some Kavat/Kubrow fur colors.  How about repurposing the dead infested shawl we earned as a sugatra (resize).  What about, and I'm spitballing here, vitus essence.  Connect Halloween to Grendel, the vampire Kavat, and make this an introduction to your new content.  You're already offering Kavat gene codes, it's the next logical progression.  Let's call this utterly waster potential.

Seven ideas that took less time to write down than it'd take to implement.  Most are pallet swaps, some would be altering drop tables, and the most intensive would be to merge two existing game modes.  I'd guess this is not out of the question, and it's depressing that so little effort has gone into this event.

Maybe next time.  Maybe The Old Blood will be worth the effort.  I'm hoping that the liches are more appropriately themed than this.  I will call now that there will be a lot of disappointment, the perfectly usable Catchmoon being nerfed through the ground instead of being brought in-line (with Pexilus maybe allowing it to be usable with flight speed), and the new weapons being over powered until the next hotness comes along and anything even mildyly near the curve gets nerfed hard to make the newest things better by comparison while only being slight power creep.

Sigh.

1 hour ago, master_of_destiny said:

Let's make is real easy, and introduce some Kavat/Kubrow fur colors.

if this was the reward instead of the ephemera i wouldnt have even bothered, if this was a reward with the ephemera then its not a bad idea

On 2019-10-28 at 4:11 AM, fatpig84 said:

Now here I need to ask on this, but why do you need to read the forums for solutions ?
After I figured kill enemies fasts also give light, I just spam speednova and stopped worrying about the pumpkins.
Heck I don't even want CC because slowing down kill time is negative so only nova speed master frame for this event.

Just like why I pick Nekros for survivals so I can ignore most life support.

I completed the event like within endurance the day it was released with a pug, not a clan team, so how was it difficult ?
In fact there is no difference between a newbie player and veteran here since it uses the same mechanics that we all know from the Arlo nightwave.

It's not hard at all, as long as you're just doing the 15 minute thing.  You don't even need nova for that, you can solo it with practically every single frame.  It doesn't start getting actually hard until about 18 minutes in when the timer starts moving and then 20+ minutes when the enemy starts tripping you every two seconds. After that it depends on whether the game tried to screw you over with the RNG map as some have horde points that are so close they both have overlap and you don't even need to move at all, where the others are like 200m apart with all kinds of goofy stuff to run through and that awful "Chroma defense" arena area.  Honestly that and the terrible spawns and derp enemies that get caught on map geometry far away are what get you most of the time. 

13 hours ago, Joltyboi said:

if this was the reward instead of the ephemera i wouldnt have even bothered, if this was a reward with the ephemera then its not a bad idea

I may not have made it clear.  What I meant was in addition to what you're already dropping include the extra fur colors.

The highest level stuff would be the items now, and one fur color.  The basic 3 modes would reward a deep red, green, and orange.  The caches could more rarely offer a yellow and black.  The halloween themed colors would literally be a pallette swap of existing colors, meant as additional incentive for players and minimal work for DE.  My intention here is to boost the rewards, to link them to the event, and to require a minimum effort from the developers (who are already a week+ behind with The Old Blood).

It would be hubris to ask them for something which required real work.  I'm pointing out minimum effort improvements, that should be obvious.  If that's too much work, then it's time to stop developing.  You've officially got nothing to add to the conversation.

Archived