The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tactical Alert Mission

(PSN)Lt-Bloodlust

10 minutes ago, schilds said:

It's ok for a tactical alert but, as it stands, the experience wears thin quickly for the people not holding the lantern.

Tell me about it. I did the first 3 missions of the TA and was having a blast as the carrier, but during the endurance mission, someone spamming spin2win Scoliac sniped it from me as I went down and hasn't stood still since. Couldn't do anything as he nuked everything in radius of the lantern and if he didn't, he zoomed by fast enough that I couldn't do much to the stragglers. Makes me wonder if that's how others felt when I was running the earlier missions.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 6

This mission in a nutshell

Lantern holder: fun and rather engaging killing things to keep the lanturn radius up
others: im going to shoot this enemy oh he is invulnerable again because the lantern holder cant sit still for more than a second forgetting he has teammates trying to do the same thing he is

My only change idea: make the lanturn move on its own since you have hoard zones where the infested spawn have the lanturn move and hover of its own accord to a random spot in that zone and stays put for a bit before slowly moving around the zone and to other zones when it changes. That way players can work work with what it gives you rather then hoping to god the person who spammed pick up harder isnt a hyperactive mad lad

Edited by seprent

2 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

I thought you could drop it in the middle of the new swarm and it would charge up with kills. 

you can do that either with holding or dropping it just if you drop it and it burns down you have to pick it up again to move it since the radius has shrunk 
in the endurance version of the mission it burns so quickly where dropping it can be a bad idea 

Edited by seprent

Just now, seprent said:

you can do that either with holding or dropping it just if you drop it and it burns down you have to pick it up again to move it since the radius has shrunk 
in the endurance version of the mission it burns so quickly where dropping it can be a bad idea 

Hmm, good to know *switched to solo *

I did it with Revenant and his Danse Macabre. You'll want to build him for 190% efficiency (yeah, I know the stat sheet shows 175%, the channel drain is still 190% efficiency) to pull this off. Also bring a powerful secondary to dispatch the Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Anients fast. I had basically all unranked MR fodder weapons and it got darn pretty close at times when Ancient Disruptors/Toxic Ancients were around (both make it harder to kill)... couldn't really kill them with my barely mod'd weapons.

I just took speed nova and got 1500 in the endurance mode. The entire mission is just a fancy way of combatting slow and inconsistent enemy spawns. Punishing players for not deleting the map instantly more so than Sanctuary Onslaught.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Managed decently with a moderate range Equinox solo. 

Did 20 minutes, could probably do longer, but I never like long endurance missions.

Wish the radar showed enemies above you too, gets kinda annoying near the central tree thing to find enemies that go "peekaboo" on the map when you jump. 

I liked it a whole lot as a solo mission. IMO this is what survival should've been in the first place, a high intensity frantic fight for, well, survival.
Survival as it is now just relies on life support drops and that can very quickly screw you over when there are no enemies spawning/ they aren't dropping life support. Basically makes nekros mandatory for longer survival runs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nslay said:

I did it with Revenant and his Danse Macabre. You'll want to build him for 190% efficiency (yeah, I know the stat sheet shows 175%, the channel drain is still 190% efficiency) to pull this off. Also bring a powerful secondary to dispatch the Ancient Disruptors and Toxic Anients fast. I had basically all unranked MR fodder weapons and it got darn pretty close at times when Ancient Disruptors/Toxic Ancients were around (both make it harder to kill)... couldn't really kill them with my barely mod'd weapons.

190% efficiency is redundant, this has been tried and tested over the years. Unless Revenant specifically has some unique interaction I'm unaware of, it's hard coded that an ability cannot consume less than 25% of its base cost.

When I'm holding the lantern, I keep an eye on the minimap to see where the largest concentration of infested is, then move to it. If I have a teammate in the opposite direction that is engaging an enemy, I wait for them to clear out the non-invincible ones before moving.

7 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Tell me about it. I did the first 3 missions of the TA and was having a blast as the carrier, but during the endurance mission, someone spamming spin2win Scoliac sniped it from me as I went down and hasn't stood still since. Couldn't do anything as he nuked everything in radius of the lantern and if he didn't, he zoomed by fast enough that I couldn't do much to the stragglers. Makes me wonder if that's how others felt when I was running the earlier missions.

That's why me and my squad of randoms decided to drop the lantern and basically turn it into a mobile defense mission.

The best way to run this is one guy holding the lantern who is the main killer - everyone else runs around looking for caches. Then its time up.

The only way this is broken is when you are in your clan trying to get to the top of the leader board. As people have already said it gets stale pretty quickly.