Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is leyou looking to sell?

RS219

There are rumors on Twitter and the subreddit that Leyou is going to sell their shares in DE and that NetEase and Tencent are looking to buy. Is this true? 

I am genuinely scared for Warframe's future if it is. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Myscho said:

If they leave creative freedom to DE same as Leyou, there is nothing to worry about

That's a big 'if', Tencent and NetEase are the f*cking worst.

9 hours ago, satsujinki01 said:

One big question; What about Perfect World? 

That would be some grade-A irony. Perfect World were (probably) among the big F2P publishers DE unsuccessfully tried to pitch Warframe to.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What is it that attracts people to panicking themselves for no reason whatsoever? 

What drives them to make solemn vows to take some sort of drastic action, if some sequence of events that may or may not happen takes place? 

Most importantly, what makes the think that anyone else actually cares? 

Adrenaline is a drug.

• Like 1

As long as DE staff like Steve still hold the majority shares it won't be anything to panic over. It is still worrying though. All those big Chinese tech companies are government owned, the last thing we need is for them to gain any say in what happens to Warframe or data on its users.

EDIT: Yes thank you, I don't need more than one person telling me that DE doesn't actually have majority shares in their own company, I stand corrected.

Edited by Solstrome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

What is it that attracts people to panicking themselves for no reason whatsoever? 

What drives them to make solemn vows to take some sort of drastic action, if some sequence of events that may or may not happen takes place? 

Tencent was pushing lootboxes and other bulls*it way before they became commonplace in the Western gaming industry and NetEase are known to be greedy enough to put EA in shame.

Sure, people should wait before panicking but a certain degree of concern is definitely justified.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Pr1A said:

Tencent was pushing lootboxes and other bulls*it way before they became commonplace in the Western gaming industry and NetEase are known to be greedy enough to put EA in shame.

Sure, people should wait before panicking but a certain degree of concern is definitely justified.

Entire first paragraph of panicked raving, followed by secondary paragraph that says "yes we should wait to see what happens before going insane but.....". 

Honestly it looks like you just want to. 

I don't think leyou will sell DE shares, given that warframe accounts for the vast majority of their revenue. (group's revenue in 2018 is 227 million, warframe's revenue is 194 million, both are in US dollars) 

http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ltn20190417075.pdf this is their annual report

do note that this is revenue and not profit.

Whether Leyou as an entire group will be bought up or not is another question, and that isn't something I can be too sure of. If I am a shareholder, I probably will not do so as the group's (gross) profit margin in 2018 is 62.1%, which is pretty high.

5 hours ago, RS219 said:

There are rumors on Twitter and the subreddit that Leyou is going to sell their shares in DE and that NetEase and Tencent are looking to buy. Is this true? 

I am genuinely scared for Warframe's future if it is. 

There are rumors that you started this rumor. I heard EA is looking to buy it. My cousin's hairdresser's ex's dog walker said so.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

There are rumors that you started this rumor. I heard EA is looking to buy it. My cousin's hairdresser's ex's dog walker said so.

Very cute, har har. While we're at it I too confess that I am the Queen of England, and wish to bring to others' attention that you're that stinking pauper what's been acting shifty at the back of Buckingham Palace's garden walls over the past week with that ladder.

You're the sort that needs evidence crammed right up your face? Here you go:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/dn2bdt/leyou_reportedly_looking_to_sell_tencent_netease/

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1187799837623947270?s=20

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yep, last I checked that was the case.

PoE's Region chat has started to clamp down on "political talk", particularly anything mentioning the CCP in an unflattering light (like what happened on "a perfectly ordinary day where absolutely nothing happened at all"). The users on the official forums there and their own subreddit aren't amused either, judging by what I can find:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147623

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/dfads2/censoring_politic_talk_and_political_support_in/

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/bwwy8t/code_of_conduct_update/

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because they hold different values than you?

Because, for them, it wouldn't feel right to criticize a company for their moral/political conduct (and tencent is no stranger to this kind of things) and still tag along with them.

Because, most importantly, the fact that you don't care doesn't mean that nobody else doesn't?

I could go on but I won't, but I could, but I won't...

Edited by Olphalarepth
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because Tencent are genuinely awful. They're the reason the Epic Games Store is so terrible -- both mechanically and ethically -- and they're the reason the NBA are firing people over saying the word "China"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RS219 said:

You're the sort that needs evidence crammed right up your face? Here you go:

That isn't evidence. That's rumor. A reddit thread for the same twitter link you pasted are not independent confirmations of said rumor.

2 minutes ago, Olphalarepth said:

Because they hold different values than you?

Because, for them, it wouldn't feel right to criticize a company for their moral/political conduct (and tencent is no stranger to this kind of things) and still tag along with them.

Because, most importantly, the fact that you don't care doesn't mean that nobody else doesn't?

I could go on but I won't, but I could, but I won't...

It's not an active interest that is the issue. It is the heavy emotional response that is highly questionable. This is a rumor.

Just now, peterc3 said:

That isn't evidence. That's rumor. A reddit thread for the same twitter link you pasted are not independent confirmations of said rumor.

The twitter post has a link to a Chinese site reporting on this, and the twitter user reports on happenings in Chinese games markets.