Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

75 Vitus Essence is Too Much, and We Have Too Much Power/Energy?

BL4CKN0ISE

• Nerfing the Catchmoon is a problem because apparently it's necessary for harder content.
  • 75 Vitus Essence is a problem because it's too hard to get.
  • We have too much energy and it makes the game too easy.
  • Melee will be dead if we can't hit enemies 20 meters away and keep CO and BR as they currently are.
  • Anything else?

This is the most confusing community. I was a new player at one point and Warframe was harder. I'm not a new player anymore, so I play harder content. Is that choice a struggle for certain players or something? Arbitrations doesn't take that long to get pretty challenging for a lot of frames. 

I read so many topics that seem to contradict each other and they're all popular. People hate power, but they hate nerfs. People want challenge, but they avoid harder modes. I know how this works. They're not always the exact same people, but sometimes they are. It's just fascinating. 

This is basically a pointless topic, but I guess my overall point is there's no easy answer for Warframe. Balancing, creating endgame content, new player experience, etc. This must be so difficult for DE. 😟

Edit: Just to be clear, the bullet points are just stuff I've been reading here the past few days/weeks. They're not my opinions. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE
  • Like 19

people will and will always cry for everything, they added some extra falloff to the catchmoon, not such a big deal...,"omg they nerfed a bit the catchmoon, what can i do? it's the only strong weapon in warframe!", right?

getting vitus essence is quite easy nowadays, you can get them as a reward(x3) or as a drop from the drones, but hey," let's complaing more, because i want the new stuff immediately,then i will complaing that there isn't anything to do, because i did and get everything after 1 day"

"too much energy" ironic, years ago, people complained that "not having enough energy to use the abilities freely, is  a big problem and makes the gameplay unfun" now i see the opposite "we have too much energy, pls nerf zenurik and the energy pizzas, so, after, we will complaing again about the lack of energy"

"melee is dead" once again, poeple complaing and whining about something that isn't out yet, is a classic, "wow, why De is changing a system that the players has been abusing for years by using a macro!, and allows them to easily whipe a whole area without even having to actually play the game" i wonder why...

long short story, people will cry, no matter what, you cna't make everyone happy, and i'm happy they're removing some broken cr*p, well, yeah, they could have done it earlier...

Edited by TheKurtiStryke
  • Like 12

- vitus essence... you can get 1 per wave (5 minutes or 1 excavation), chance for 3x as reward and chance to drop on arbiter drones
75 isn't that high if you will spend that amount only once, specially if you can keyshare that for Grendel
on my case, i just play some pug, adapting my team based on those warframe/weapon bonus, which sometimes are quite nice (Trinity, Mirage, Oberon, Hek, Simulor...), which is good, since i can feel some fresh air while taking out from dirt room the arsenal i stopped using since... years ago, in fact, i even looking my stockpiled rivens to see what kind of rivens aren't 1* anymore, like brakk and simulor

- too much energy? you know that we have an lot of units that denies you from using your powers effectively, isn't? (nullifier, scramblers, ancient disruptor, arbitration drones...)
here, i think the matter is more about how much control we can apply on factions that has few protections (grinner) and how annoying is dealing against ones who has too many (corpus)

- Meele... some of those were dead since its arrival, like dual daggers, almost all machetes and most of weapons that aren't that good if combined with Blood Rush, Maiming Strike or Condition Overload
that change is necessary to allow some more utility type weapons to shine, like Sancti Magistar (which i think that majority of people doesn't know that weapon can heal anything with its charged attack, including your own sentinels, pods, formorian cores...)

This has always been a thing.

Though perhaps the most confusing is when DE makes feedback based changes followed by people acting like said changes were never asked for.

Like every single change that has happened to Arbitrations has been feedback based yet some people act like DE is throwing random changes at us.

33 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:
  • Nerfing the Catchmoon is a problem because apparently it's necessary for harder content.

Even if the Catchmoon's damage is halfed, it would still be doing a lot of damage and far more than necessary considering the game's current difficulty limit, not taking in consideration long endless mission's difficulty scaling. There are many other weapon alternatives.

36 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Only thing that costs 75 Vitus is the Emote/Gesture and considering its the last thing anyone will want or need to buy, its not that much, you can easily grab that in like 3~5 Arbitration runs depending on what type and enemy that comes.

39 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

We dont have too much energy, we have too much access to energy, mostly due to Zenurik which sadly, is the focus most players use.

43 minutes ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:
  • Melee will be dead if we can't hit enemies 20 meters away and keep CO and BR as they currently are.

I pity you for thinking that way, firstly because it is Melee after all, you should have 5 meters of attack range at most with a polearm and that is being generous. I use a Zaw Dagger and im not complaining about Range when im boring holes through the enemy army with 40~120K hits without Covert Lethality.

People in every gaming community have a vocal minority.  This forum is a minority no matter how much some people think otherwise.  They'll moan about anything, because the game will never be perfect in their eyes.  DE will work on what it works on, end of story.  If people want change to come about, they would wisen up and post in feedback forums instead of the general forum that DE developers don't read generally speaking because I imagine they have tried to in the past and filtering out all the bad stuff posted in general versus the good stuff that could actually hold promise on the dev side of things was not worth the time investment.  

1 hour ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

People want challenge, but they avoid harder modes.

To be fair it's a little hard for players to do harder content when the only way to get harder content is to go into endless missions where the enemies go high enough or do the once per hour arbitration mission and to be honest not everyone wants to do an endless mission but would still like to have harder enemies to fight in said mission....It's not like level 100 is hard for long term players with everything sorted out etc. 

Players have been asking straight up for 'harder enemies' on the star map and DE said recently we're supposedly getting a 'level select' on the star map (about time)... we'll see if/when that comes to game.

As to the 25 vitus cost per part for grendel... imo 75 is too high (we'll ignore the fact it's in arbitrations which 'newbies' can't even get to so a clear plat grab) because you can't base it's cost on the fact you can keyshare because not everyone will be able to, I wouldn't want to trust some random player from recruit chat on something like this because there will be some that will use your key but not share theirs, you only need to look at fissures on a new prime access to see that.  They should have made each part 10 and no keyshare, would have been much fairer imo. 

But then maybe I'm a little biased because in my goes with arbitrations the vitus essence drop rates haven't improved at the same rate as the prices increased in the store.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

But then maybe I'm a little biased because in my goes with arbitrations the vitus essence drop rates haven't improved at the same rate as the prices increased in the store.

Drop rates doubled for everyone, but the prices only increased by 1.5x

Edited by Miser_able

5 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Drop rates doubled for everyone, but the prices only increased by 1.5x

They might have if you have good rng (not on my runs) on the drones and drops but without they don't seem that much better imo. 

Edited by LSG501

34 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

To be fair it's a little hard for players to do harder content when the only way to get harder content is to go into endless missions where the enemies go high enough or do the once per hour arbitration mission and to be honest not everyone wants to do an endless mission but would still like to have harder enemies to fight in said mission....It's not like level 100 is hard for long term players with everything sorted out etc. 

Players have been asking straight up for 'harder enemies' on the star map and DE said recently we're supposedly getting a 'level select' on the star map (about time)... we'll see if/when that comes to game.

Yeah, I really wish DE would just give us this. I remember they said something about giving us the ability the pick enemy level, but I don't know if/when that's coming. It definitely can get kinda boring for the first 40 minutes or so. Arbitrations pick up a bit faster, but it would be nice to just start at Sortie 3 level enemies and go from there. It's crazy because sorties don't even let us continue with endless missions. 😕

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:
  • Anything else?

This is the most confusing community. I was a new player at one point and Warframe was harder. I'm not a new player anymore, so I play harder content. Is that choice a struggle for certain players or something? Arbitrations doesn't take that long to get pretty challenging for a lot of frames. 

I read so many topics that seem to contradict each other and they're all popular. People hate power, but they hate nerfs. People want challenge, but they avoid harder modes. I know how this works. They're not always the exact same people, but sometimes they are. It's just fascinating. 

This is basically a pointless topic, but I guess my overall point is there's no easy answer for Warframe. Balancing, creating endgame content, new player experience, etc. This must be so difficult for DE. 😟

Edit: Just to be clear, the bullet points are just stuff I've been reading here the past few days/weeks. They're not my opinions. 

The community isn’t confusing, you’re just taking all the outrage you’ve seen in the past month or two and assuming it comes from the same people. It seems ludicrous because it is, it’s different people that have different opinions.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Even if the Catchmoon's damage is halfed, it would still be doing a lot of damage and far more than necessary considering the game's current difficulty limit, not taking in consideration long endless mission's difficulty scaling. There are many other weapon alternatives.

Only thing that costs 75 Vitus is the Emote/Gesture and considering its the last thing anyone will want or need to buy, its not that much, you can easily grab that in like 3~5 Arbitration runs depending on what type and enemy that comes.

We dont have too much energy, we have too much access to energy, mostly due to Zenurik which sadly, is the focus most players use.

I pity you for thinking that way, firstly because it is Melee after all, you should have 5 meters of attack range at most with a polearm and that is being generous. I use a Zaw Dagger and im not complaining about Range when im boring holes through the enemy army with 40~120K hits without Covert Lethality.

You didn’t even read the entire paragraph 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

The community isn’t confusing, you’re just taking all the outrage you’ve seen in the past month or two and assuming it comes from the same people. It seems ludicrous because it is, it’s different people that have different opinions.

I literally said that. 

2 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I know how this works. They're not always the exact same people, but sometimes they are. It's just fascinating. 

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

This will probably come as a shock but different people in the community have different opinions about the game. This is not one single hivemind.

I think he's just suggesting that it's really weird to see people with such opposing and polarizing opinions about the same content.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

They might have if you have good rng (not on my runs) on the drones and drops but without they don't seem that much better imo. 

this has nothing to do with rng. its simple math. they cut the amount of time it takes to earn a vitus in half (5 waves instead of 10, 5 minutes instead of 10, 1 dig instead of 2) this means that vitus is twice as easy to get. In the same update where they made vitus atleast twice as easy to get (cause I wasnt accounting for anything rng based, such as drone drops or rotation rewards) they only made the shop 1.5x more expensive.

All this stuff is happening on probably every game 5 years or older.

When you're a vet in the beginning, you actually learn how to play and not just pew pew. You're completely aware of the potential you can reach with all kinds of tactics and different setups and loadouts. 

Then your game becomes more popular, and the game has to cater to the influx of new players. Everyone doesn't have time to be hardcore. So the things you slaved over are given away much easier, and you can totally tell some guy is new and is just parroting a meta build.

They can have the same setup as you, but they die a lot or mess up fight mechanics etc.

Things get nerfed, and the casuals throw a fit because they relied on it. 

......but anyone with real confidence and skill knows they never needed the meta. You were just messing around. You can go back to any loadout or setup you want, and watch everyone else scramble to youtube and twitch to find something else lol.

• Like 2