Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding the recent Catchmoon nerf

OrsonBear

9 минут назад, Xxx-Shinobi-xxX сказал:

Yes you chose the definition that best supported your view point

I chose the definition that is in the context of your previous arguments, the rest of definitions are unappliable. Don't paint me zebra, smartguy.

Don't blame me for doing what you did first.

You decided to fool in my hood with your MK1 nonsense, quit it have decency.

I will say this again, what D.E. SHOULD be doing,

And elaborate to explain who the hell are you so DE should be doing what you say?

This would allow a large portion of the players to choose a secondary different than the Catchmoon, without feeling they are at a disadvantage in a gun fight.

Clearly Steve visited everybody and chopped their bloody arms off so they can't change their loadout anymore. No other gun can provide as much "viability" as Crotchmoon does, and my biggest concern: you don't even have to bloody AIM this damn weapon! Merely click in general direction.

Back in the day before dual stat mods were easily accessible people somehow managed to go through the whole starchart and even damn Raids. I remember Synoid Gammacor was crazy, but all it did is wiping one mook at a time with precise headshots, not blasting "somewhere there". And they nerfed it later, it was TOO GOOD despite of base magnetic damage. And there were plenty of guns on par with that. Huge choice already. I remember people doing Aksomati reviews "oh this is awesome gun", where is it right now? DE never drawn a line where power is enough, they just toss a new shiny mods and blasters at you, whereas the "enough" line was already crossed a couple of years ago. Even Euphona was been so redundant in terms of damage back on its release, my friend said "i can blast Lua from orbit with it", and yet it is already surpassed by tons of new weapons. And most of old secondary guns got buff, bringing them even closer to the "enough" line and beyond. Sicarus was trash, it is dumb strong now. Magnus, Vasto series. Akstiletto. Marelok. Do you actually remember Marelok is damn stronger than Lex Prime? Even Lato is now a rapid firing lowkey Lex.

There was almost none gun unviable in this game. And if there is, oh please dear players, create a topic about it. Not another topic about an evidently OP Crunchmoon, which is DE adamant sure needs long overdue deserved nerf.

46 минут назад, Xxx-Shinobi-xxX сказал:

Does the AkMagnus need to be buffed? I would say NO, I like it the way it is right now.

Indeed. With the plethora of new mods Akmagnus is already a beast in flesh.

47 минут назад, Xxx-Shinobi-xxX сказал:

My statement was when you say ALL... that's ALL, if you didn't mean ALL , than don't try to "over-extend" your words by making a blanket statement. That's not nit picking, that is putting holes in your debate/response statement. If you wanted to say there are exceptions, then don't use the word ALL. It's a very simple word, with a very simple definition. (Whether you get it from the Cambridge Dictionary or not. 😀 ).

This whole part is a pure demagogy. Save it for college camp. You don't do no one any good looking for faults in words trying to prove your points. And while you put some holes in blankets trying to win points, someone might be stomping your statements in the dust.

To sum up: this whole "hey DE you released OP gun, buff other guns to be OP too" is a flawed logic. Moreover creating OP stuff brings DE a pain to create more challenge, to reward people with more OP guns and here we are at the negative loop. I almost lost my speech when they released mildly mediocre Stradavar Prime, which can barely rival Tiberon.

Dixi.

Bouncing off OP

DE doesn't seem to realize why the gun is popular. It is not just the massive damage, it is the punch through and AOE--if I shoot it I will hit something.

I use the catchmoon mostly short range, this is not going to do anything to my use--admitedly I do switch it up with Cyanex and a few others too. 

Catch moon just gives you the bang for your buck. Like...Imagine if instead of exploding the tomb finger made enemies explode? And punch through allowed it to hit another enemy and explode them as well? Even with the same damage it has now it would be more popular because it would hit more enemies. 

9 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

……..…....

This whole part is a pure demagogy. Save it for college camp. You don't do no one any good looking for faults in words trying to prove your points. And while you put some holes in blankets trying to win points, someone might be stomping your statements in the dust.

To sum up: this whole "hey DE you released OP gun, buff other guns to be OP too" is a flawed logic. Moreover creating OP stuff brings DE a pain to create more challenge, to reward people with more OP guns and here we are at the negative loop. I almost lost my speech when they released mildly mediocre Stradavar Prime, which can barely rival Tiberon.

Dixi.

College Camp? Not even close, but nice try again and trying to deflect your lack of justification in your view point.

"To sum up: this whole "hey DE you released OP gun, buff other guns to be OP too" is a flawed logic. Moreover creating OP stuff brings DE a pain to create more challenge, to reward people with more OP guns and here we are at the negative loop. I almost lost my speech when they released mildly mediocre Stradavar Prime, which can barely rival Tiberon.

Dixi."

Again, you FAIL to understand anything in anything I have written. I have not ONCE said buff other guns to be OP too. NOT.. ONCE. SO you again summarize into what you THINK I am saying to try and justify your response.
I said balance, bring Up To Par, without going overboard. (Last three words again, in English). 

Let it go Dixi, your points are completely invalid because you are trying to re-interpret what was written.

7 hours ago, (XB1)In54N3xeLeVeNn0 said:

extremely poorly timed move

So when do you think the timing would have been right? Because I suspect the answer is "never".

Stop being sad and face the truth; Catchmoon is overpowered. I would know, having a Catchmoon with 6 Forma and a riven. And 2 more rivens that I wanted to trade, which are now worthless.

On 2019-10-30 at 8:01 AM, Traumtulpe said:

So when do you think the timing would have been right? Because I suspect the answer is "never".

Stop being sad and face the truth; Catchmoon is overpowered. I would know, having a Catchmoon with 6 Forma and a riven. And 2 more rivens that I wanted to trade, which are now worthless.

put your ejunk away lil fella you're talking to someone named Elevenno when you're merely a tenno(maybe even a nineo).  there are appropriate ways to nerf things and the game is is in a very bad state due to lack of content and lack of direction/connection.  a good time would have coincided with ANY content and been handled with more care than nuclear destruction.  Lets face it this is just a move to manipulate the market.  isn't the first time, won't be the last, but every time you do it shows how much you respect your player base.

Edit:  before the item shipped to console would've been the ideal time to nerf, long before lots of time and money were wasted.

Edited by (XB1)In54N3xeLeVeNn0