Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] little duck comics phrase

LockingSoul

So, some time ago i found some guys questioning about the phrase in Warframe: Ghouls

"Im too damn old to die in a body i dont own"

So, correct me if im wrong, she says that because she still hasnt payed the debt for his augmentation parts.

(Sorry for horrible english)

7 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

So, some time ago i found some guys questioning about the phrase in Warframe: Ghouls

So, correct me if im wrong, she says that because she still hasnt payed the debt for his augmentation parts.

It could be that or it could be something more akin to ticker who seems to be in the wrong body all together

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

Nobody can afford to pay any debts in Corpus society. Its how they get their indentured assets.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, LockingSoul said:

The rules of "body possession" in the Rig Jockey society are somewhat complicated and, well, not entirely explained. So it is hard to say what exactly she meant by that.

Your english is not horrible at all, btw. It's pretty good actually.

51 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

The rules of "body possession" in the Rig Jockey society are somewhat complicated and, well, not entirely explained. So it is hard to say what exactly she meant by that.

It's made even more complicated by a line in Vox Solaris where... Vox Solaris references an old deal between Corpus and Solaris, which implies that Solaris that don't live in Fortuna by-and-large aren't in the same kind of situation. Probably still debt, but compare a debt to a reasonable, well-regarded bank to debt from a loan shark. You can realistically pay off a debt to a bank - and that for the most part benefits most Corpus because, honestly, a loyal workforce that provides a stable source of revenue and maintenance is very valuable as a backup to any riskier schemes or valuable for any start-up company, and therefore keeping the Solaris happy would be pretty high up on their priority list. As they say, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

But, since Fortuna work is required for the survival of Solaris living there, they can't use normal methods to complain about conditions such as strikes, and thus Nef can use them as his get-rich-quick scheme. They are, in effect, a gamble he can't lose conventionally. The lose condition is that they stop working - but if they do, all of Venus is threatened. They have no power over him, nor (as far as his short-term thinking went) can the Tenno muscle in and stop him without risking a massive upset in the balance of power. Obviously, our current actions don't seem to have crossed his mind, but certainly in the short term, it lets him outright wring every last credit he can out of the Vallis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It's made even more complicated by a line in Vox Solaris where... Vox Solaris references an old deal between Corpus and Solaris, which implies that Solaris that don't live in Fortuna by-and-large aren't in the same kind of situation. Probably still debt, but compare a debt to a reasonable, well-regarded bank to debt from a loan shark. You can realistically pay off a debt to a bank - and that for the most part benefits most Corpus because, honestly, a loyal workforce that provides a stable source of revenue and maintenance is very valuable as a backup to any riskier schemes or valuable for any start-up company, and therefore keeping the Solaris happy would be pretty high up on their priority list. As they say, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

But, since Fortuna work is required for the survival of Solaris living there, they can't use normal methods to complain about conditions such as strikes, and thus Nef can use them as his get-rich-quick scheme. They are, in effect, a gamble he can't lose conventionally. The lose condition is that they stop working - but if they do, all of Venus is threatened. They have no power over him, nor (as far as his short-term thinking went) can the Tenno muscle in and stop him without risking a massive upset in the balance of power. Obviously, our current actions don't seem to have crossed his mind, but certainly in the short term, it lets him outright wring every last credit he can out of the Vallis.

Yeah, that does make it quite complicated, lol.

I actually kinda wonder, there ARE Rig Jockeys that AREN'T Solaris, right? Like on different planets or just in different companies etc.

1 hour ago, LockingSoul said:

If you unlock the Ticket audio logs, you learn that he/she/I genuinely have no idea had to buy an entirely new body for his/her/I am sorry's former husband.

Not surprised if LD had to swap bodies at some point too

From what I understand of body possession, it appears that first and foremost most Solaris have to get augmented to do well paying jobs, simply because the human body is not adequately designed for most of the conditions that they are expected to work in. If you look at the debt bonds, they seem to cover all the bases of human servitude. They have very large interest rates, so if you can't pay, or you need to make an influx of credits very fast, the easiest, most legal way is to sell off body parts. The rigs are made from others that have either died in the conflicts, or lost their body due to deep debt and whose brains are now shelved. It appears that having your own augmented body as your own rig is a great privilege in Solaris society. It is safe to assume from how Thursby was dismembered after sending you to attack that base that he was a rig in his own body and the dismemberment was a 'fine'.

Little Duck probably had to pay off a large amount of fines due to her constant work as an illegal courier and thus is using someone else's body, with the desperate wish of returning to her own someday.

44 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

If you unlock the Ticket audio logs, you learn that he/she/I genuinely have no idea had to buy an entirely new body for his/her/I am sorry's former husband.

Not surprised if LD had to swap bodies at some point too

Ticker sold his entire body as a sacrifice after the work he did wasn't enough to buy his love's body. He just didn't realise that he or she had suffered from amnesia as a result of being brain shelved. 

It really makes you question if the corpus "Zealous" crewmen are actually just "normal" (Not fully indebted to body repossession yet) corpus colonists trying to pay off their debts through conscription. That'll be something to think about while slaughtering them by the hundreds in survival...

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

7 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

It really makes you question if the corpus "Zealous" crewmen are actually just "normal" (Not fully indebted to body repossession yet) corpus colonists trying to pay off their debts through conscription. That'll be something to think about while slaughtering them by the hundreds in survival...

The corpus crewmen are purpose bred humans iirc. They are indoctrinated to the highest level and live only to work on their assigned job and don't really know much else. 

2 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

The corpus crewmen are purpose bred humans iirc. They are indoctrinated to the highest level and live only to work on their assigned job and don't really know much else. 

True, but we thought that all Grineer were genetically designed to be fanatically loyal to the Twin Queens until the Kavor showed up. What's to say that the Corpus have their own defective crewmen in their ranks of millions?

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

8 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

It's implied from the Crewman imprint that the 'crewman project' was some kind of rejected Orokin project - presumably to purpose-breed or gentically manipulate lower colonists to fanatical loyalty to the Orokin without lengthy brainwashing. It was presumably rejected because, unlike the Grineer which lacked the mental capacity (as far as the Orokin knew - a fact which would come back to bite them) to rebel in any major capacity. Uncontrolled rebellion was one of the seven principles after all.

Presumably, the proto-Corpus found them, and used them as one form of cheap labour, presumably either before the Solaris/Corpus agreement or to act as the Security sector, since I imagine 'military grade' rigs are more expensive than the Crewman project, so your average free Solaris isn't really going to want to buy into that.

As for why Nef doesn't use his slaves for military, maybe he doesn't want to publicise mistreatment of Solaris too much? If we can assume that your average non-Fortunan Solaris is, in fact, a worker with rights, they might take it up with their boss, who in turn realises they could probably get a lot cash from deposing Nef, taking over the Vallis and freeing the Fortunan Solaris, whilst also getting positive street cred from free Solaris - and thus, an uptick in people wanting to work for them outside of now having access to a monopoly on Venus.

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

As for why Nef doesn't use his slaves for military, maybe he doesn't want to publicise mistreatment of Solaris too much? If we can assume that your average non-Fortunan Solaris is, in fact, a worker with rights, they might take it up with their boss, who in turn realises they could probably get a lot cash from deposing Nef, taking over the Vallis and freeing the Fortunan Solaris, whilst also getting positive street cred from free Solaris - and thus, an uptick in people wanting to work for them outside of now having access to a monopoly on Venus.

Sure he doesn't really want to publicise mistreatment of the solaris simply so he can keep the prestine price of Orokin terraforming tech being unsullied by the thought of slave labor, but there is no way any high ranking corporate Solaris would be financially capable or physically safe from Nef Anyo's literal army and endless financial backing if they were to attempt to depose Nef Anyo from his planet. The only ones that just might be able to do that would either be Frohd Bek or Ergo Glast or possibly some unknown Corpus that might be climbing up the Corpus food chain. Beyond those two there's no real benefit from getting "street cred from a bunch of rig jockeys".

Frohd Bek being a candidate is because he's been mostly neutral in terms of most events happening during the lifespan of Warframe; he's been purposely avoiding contact with the Tenno until we were hit with the Ambulace events and previously trying to get Darvo to become his successor, other than that he would be powerful enough with the resources he has (He's evidently the most robotics and spacecraft dominant of all of the known corpus leaders) and having Venus as a new Corpus port for his far flung outer rim armada in the Pluto sector and beyond would easily help spread his influence and having access to an untapped pool of very skilled and very strong/durable rig jockey army would be the most beneficial to him and his armada.

On another note it makes me suspect Frohd Bek's fleet  will be coming back when Railjack releases.

1 hour ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

True, but we thought that all Grineer were genetically designed to fanatically loyal to the Twin Queens until the Kavor showed up. What's to say that the Corpus have their own defective crewmen in their ranks of millions?

Funny that you mention that. In the old star chart (update 7 - 10 ish) there was flavor text about the planets. Apparently the Corpus have Indoctrination Temples on Neptune that they send people to be processed there.

37 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Sure he doesn't really want to publicise mistreatment of the solaris simply so he can keep the prestine price of Orokin terraforming tech being unsullied by the thought of slave labor, but there is no way any high ranking corporate Solaris would be financially capable or physically safe from Nef Anyo's literal army and endless financial backing if they were to attempt to depose Nef Anyo from his planet. The only ones that just might be able to do that would either be Frohd Bek or Ergo Glast or possibly some unknown Corpus that might be climbing up the Corpus food chain. Beyond those two there's no real benefit from getting "street cred from a bunch of rig jockeys".

It's questionable if any High-ranking solaris exist, but regular Corpus might want the Vallis - more applicants from free Solaris is an added bonus. Not to mention that, if he is breaking some Corpus rules or laws, they wouldn't necessarily need military might - unless Nef wants to lose favour with the Board (and thus, much of his Profits, Alad V style), he'd have to acquiesce or get ousted, executed, or worse, sanctioned.

And I'm sure any Corpus that brought this to the Board's attention would be more than willing to take his place, and get massive publicity for their efforts. At the end of the day, publicity = advertising, and advertising = profits.

41 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

Frohd Bek being a candidate is because he's been mostly neutral in terms of most events happening during the lifespan of Warframe; he's been purposely avoiding contact with the Tenno until we were hit with the Ambulace events and previously trying to get Darvo to become his successor, other than that he would be powerful enough with the resources he has (He's evidently the most robotics and spacecraft dominant of all of the known corpus leaders) and having Venus as a new Corpus port for his far flung outer rim armada in the Pluto sector and beyond would easily help spread his influence and having access to an untapped pool of very skilled and very strong/durable rig jockey army would be the most beneficial to him and his armada.

Frohd is the Chairman of the Corpus Board IIRC. He's the leader of the Corpus as a whole. Whilst individual members are obviously a lot more free to do their own thing than Grineer commanders are, he's the biggest of the big cheese. He's not infinitely rich, sure, but he doesn't exactly need to spread his influence.

36 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Funny that you mention that. In the old star chart (update 7 - 10 ish) there was flavor text about the planets. Apparently the Corpus have Indoctrination Temples on Neptune that they send people to be processed there.

It would be very interesting to see revamped tile sets for Neptune and their indoctrination labs.

33 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Frohd is the Chairman of the Corpus Board IIRC. He's the leader of the Corpus as a whole. Whilst individual members are obviously a lot more free to do their own thing than Grineer commanders are, he's the biggest of the big cheese. He's not infinitely rich, sure, but he doesn't exactly need to spread his influence.

That is true but being Chairman of the Corpus Board of Directors certainly didn't stop Salad V from infesting Frohd's ships sent to Jupiter to apprehend Salad and claim his debts after the Gravidus Dilemma. Corpus aren't very loyal or kept in-line enough to be considered a strict capital hierarchy but more of a conglomerate of "businesses" that are shaky in terms of relations beyond the common goal of GROFIT. The most probable reason there isn't a straight up civil war among the Corpus is because of the very idea of grofit is their main stabilizer.

Edited by Im_a_Turtle

12 minutes ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

That is true but being Chairman of the Corpus Board of Directors certainly didn't stop Salad V from infesting Frohd's ships sent to Jupiter to apprehend Salad and claim his debts after the Gravidus Dilemma. Corpus aren't very loyal or kept in-line enough to be considered a strict capital hierarchy but more of a conglomerate of "businesses" that are shaky in terms of relations beyond the common goal of GROFIT.

Alad is Alad. He's not anywhere near as directly profit-motivated. Make no mistake, he likes him some grofit, but he seems to value profit more as an avenue for power. Consider that he's willing to offer services for 'favours' from sufficiently powerful beings, AKA us.

Nef, on the other hand, fears poverty more than his own death.