Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Polarity "reset" feature ?

Otakuwolf

Can we have a function to "reset" the polarities of warframes, weapons, and companions, pls ?

I don't know you but to me it did happen that after some rebalancement or rework I had to apply more formas to some item when it would been easier to "reset" the thing to default first.

I don't know if other things could be "reset" but doing so at least with polarities could be useful to have.

So, what you're asking is for a way to change all the slots on the weapon to default...eh...most of the time with the changes DE does you just need like maybe 2 or 3 forma to fix what ever changed, the builds aren't that diverse.

Also, imagine people accidentally hitting that button, and losing the 8 forma they sunk into a weapon or frame...nah i'd rather it be just using forma...

I would like the option for a super forma that polarizes multiple slots at once though...that would be nice.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-27 at 10:27 PM, Rawbeard said:

you can forma a slot as "blank"

What if you have to forma multiple slots back to blank or whatever it was before ? Wouldn't it be faster to just hit a button ?

On 2019-10-27 at 10:38 PM, Hixlysss said:

So, what you're asking is for a way to change all the slots on the weapon to default...eh...most of the time with the changes DE does you just need like maybe 2 or 3 forma to fix what ever changed, the builds aren't that diverse.

And what would be the problem with that ? In some cases would be still easier and faster to hit "reset" and only apply one forma

On 2019-10-27 at 10:38 PM, Hixlysss said:

Also, imagine people accidentally hitting that button, and losing the 8 forma they sunk into a weapon or frame...nah i'd rather it be just using forma...

You know people already accidentally implement the wrong polarities and lenses to their items ? That never raised the "whoops, wrong button" problem, so why would this be different ? You also know support can undo wrong implementation to your weapons, right ?

Sorry but this is not really a valid argument at all when you consider people can (and apparently already do since there is a "revert last change" option in the support section) make such mistakes already.

This topic makes no sense...

... The only thing I see from OP is the lazyness to farm and rebuild the <insert arsenal equipment here> and/or to forma specific slots that the OP feels its best to leave blank.

Things are fine as they are now. If you want to reset, do the same as everyone else. Go get the stuff and rebuild it.

Edited by Uhkretor

3 hours ago, Otakuwolf said:

What if you have to forma multiple slots back to blank or whatever it was before ? Wouldn't it be faster to just hit a button ?

And what would be the problem with that ? In some cases would be still easier and faster to hit "reset" and only apply one forma

You know people already accidentally implement the wrong polarities and lenses to their items ? That never raised the "whoops, wrong button" problem, so why would this be different ? You also know support can undo wrong implementation to your weapons, right ?

Sorry but this is not really a valid argument at all when you consider people can (and apparently already do since there is a "revert last change" option in the support section) make such mistakes already.

The problem is it's more code, more code more problems. More moving gears, more likely for something to break. That aside, what would be the cost for such a feature? You can't just implement a total reset on a weapon like this without a cost. Like would it be some rare special forma? Would it even cost forma?

On top of that, here is a better question. Why implement a total reset option when at most the amount of polarities someone would likely change after a overhaul of a weapon/frame is only like...3 or 4 at max? There are some mods that are just *always* going to be there and you don't want to lose those polarities for them, a total reset would be...counter intuitive to that and in the long run be way more work for said person.

Second, look at DE's track record. When ever they do these big changes you get 1 forma. One. As compensation for the changes and in case you need to change polarities. They have done this for...pretty much every big change, and even with ember and vauban we are getting, if I remember correctly anyway, one each for the big changes? So one forma for ember, one for vauban, and one for melee...and a legendary core.

Third, saying "Support already has a section for this very thing!" is...technically correct, but do we really need to increase the uses that gets by adding in another thing? Do we really want to give the support team more work ?

And back to some earlier things you said, I honestly want to meet whom ever wants to remove multiple polarities they already put on a weapon/warframe for blank slots...I mean...I just don't see that happening in all honesty. The forma was put there for a reason, it's *good* to have polarities! Specially on warframes, that increases how much energy you have when you spawn into a mission(If only it did something for weapons/melee...starting combo for melee maybe?) But there is absolutely no reason that once you have *all* slots on your item that you would need, or realistically even want, to make it blank. To change, sure, but to make blank? No.

Also, again, "And what would be the problem with that ? In some cases would be still easier and faster to hit "reset" and only apply one forma", I mean...so someone puts 3 forma into a weapon, wants to change all three polarities, you're wanting them to press 1 button to blank the weapon again and they still have to put 3 forma back into it. See the problem? It's redundant. 

18 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

The problem is it's more code, more code more problems. More moving gears, more likely for something to break. That aside, what would be the cost for such a feature? You can't just implement a total reset on a weapon like this without a cost. Like would it be some rare special forma? Would it even cost forma

Yeah because a function that copypastes some design default settings to an item is such a complicate feature that even word and ofice programs didn't bother implementing, right ? Besides, by the "more code more problems" reasoning, might as well not bother updating the game at all because if it gives more issues then adding just anything would be counterproductive.

On top of that, here is a better question. Why implement a total reset option when at most the amount of polarities someone would likely change after a overhaul of a weapon/frame is only like...3 or 4 at max? There are some mods that are just *always* going to be there and you don't want to lose those polarities for them, a total reset would be...counter intuitive to that and in the long run be way more work for said person.

Wouldn't it better to change only 2 instead of 3 ? Math is not an opinion and usually 2 is less than 3, and 1 is less than 2, so wouldn't it be better if such a function could reduce the numbers of formas you use from 3 to 2 or even just one ? That doesen't sound counterintuitive at all, just do the math

Second, look at DE's track record. When ever they do these big changes you get 1 forma. One. As compensation for the changes and in case you need to change polarities. They have done this for...pretty much every big change, and even with ember and vauban we are getting, if I remember correctly anyway, one each for the big changes? So one forma for ember, one for vauban, and one for melee...and a legendary core.

One forma out of how many I might have used ? Besides, you don't even know if and what they are going to give this time. Again, do the math, if you like to waste formas and times, that's your prerogative, I don't see any possible loss in having to potentially spend less formas

Third, saying "Support already has a section for this very thing!" is...technically correct, but do we really need to increase the uses that gets by adding in another thing? Do we really want to give the support team more work ?

First: Heve you ever done a "revert to previous state" on your computer ? Is pretty easy and all it takes is a few mins

Second: is their job, if dealing with such issues would be such a big problem they would have already also dropped the polarization and catalist/reactor/lenses undo

And back to some earlier things you said, I honestly want to meet whom ever wants to remove multiple polarities they already put on a weapon/warframe for blank slots...I mean...I just don't see that happening in all honesty. The forma was put there for a reason, it's *good* to have polarities! Specially on warframes, that increases how much energy you have when you spawn into a mission(If only it did something for weapons/melee...starting combo for melee maybe?) But there is absolutely no reason that once you have *all* slots on your item that you would need, or realistically even want, to make it blank. To change, sure, but to make blank? No.

There is one above right up here who mentioned "superformas capable of polarize multiple slots". And again, I keep telling you the reason why you would want to remove multiple polarities at once, but apparently you don't get it, and I belive is not because you can't but because you don't want. You and some other people seem to have already made up your mind that "reset is bad" because "why would you do that, what's the point" while failing to read my explaination about why it would be worth adding as a meaning of potentially save time and resources.

You know there are many RPGs that allow you to reset and re-build your characters as you please ? You know nobody complained about those, and even more so, whenever the function was not there by default was implemented later with mods in the offline ones ? And yet a lot of these people didn't NEED to do so because they could already have had all the power they wanted thorough leveling or reading thorough build guides... and yet they wanted those functions and used those functions.

So why be so much against such a feature anyway ? Are you one of those people who were rejecting the universal vaccum too ? Did you get angry when DE turned it into a companion mod as well ? Because it feels like it from your words and how you seem so adamantly against a feature nobody is forcing you to use anyway

If not a button, why not have one more forma that resets polarities ? DE already made two more after the normal one, so that clearly means they don't have an issue adding those.

Also, again, "And what would be the problem with that ? In some cases would be still easier and faster to hit "reset" and only apply one forma", I mean...so someone puts 3 forma into a weapon, wants to change all three polarities, you're wanting them to press 1 button to blank the weapon again and they still have to put 3 forma back into it. See the problem? It's redundant. 

Here is the thing: what does the guy want to change the 3 polarities into ? If he needs one empty and two V when the weapon had only a D, that is only one reset and two formas... see ? Is not redundant at all, maybe situational (which is not a bad thing anyway), but not redundant.

20 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

This topic makes no sense...

... The only thing I see from OP is the lazyness to farm and rebuild the <insert arsenal equipment here> and/or to forma specific slots that the OP feels its best to leave blank.

Things are fine as they are now. If you want to reset, do the same as everyone else. Go get the stuff and rebuild it.

Gee, did I offend your pet-project or something ? No need to get salty.

I guess people using vaccum are also too lazy to pickup stuff themselves, are they ?

38 minutes ago, Otakuwolf said:

Gee, did I offend your pet-project or something ? No need to get salty.

I guess people using vaccum are also too lazy to pickup stuff themselves, are they ?

Critical Fail - I don't use Vaccum. Never did and the concept of the mod is stupid, at best.

And no, you didn't offend my "pet-project"... Or me, for that matter. Its your own fault if you don't know how to plan your stuff.

However, you have no right to assume that what you want is what everyone wants. And if what you want isn't what everyone wants, or a vast majority at least, you won't get what you want.

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Otakuwolf said:

Wouldn't it better to change only 2 instead of 3 ? Math is not an opinion and usually 2 is less than 3, and 1 is less than 2, so wouldn't it be better if such a function could reduce the numbers of formas you use from 3 to 2 or even just one ? That doesen't sound counterintuitive at all, just do the math

What? I mean if you were suggesting a forma that could work on multiple slots sure i'd be down for that. What you proposed is "Push button, Weapon reset to default" which in turn means you have to sink forma back into it. Bare minimum you're sinking in 2 forma for the base damage mod and multishot unless the weapon comes with Madurai polarities. From there depending on if the weapon is crit or status focused you dump probably 2 more into it to squeeze all the other mods you want on it(again, this varies depending on inate polarities). But there is always going to be multiple forma sunk into a weapon to fit every mod you want maxed out onto it, to make it effective at higher range stuff.

I do not see how an option to reset all the forma I've sunk into a weapon to 0, thus forcing me to drump another 3 forma into the weapon, is a good or needed feature. 

First: Heve you ever done a "revert to previous state" on your computer ? Is pretty easy and all it takes is a few mins

Second: is their job, if dealing with such issues would be such a big problem they would have already also dropped the polarization and catalist/reactor/lenses undo

Oh, yay "it's their job" excuse. You never worked retail have you? Are you happy when customers make messes for you to clean up? Say they move things on a shelf and you ask them nicely not to do that and they say "It's your job to keep it organized" ? Just cause it's their job doesn't mean we need to pile on more work for em, the poor support staff is already underpaid.

There is one above right up here who mentioned "superformas capable of polarize multiple slots". And again, I keep telling you the reason why you would want to remove multiple polarities at once, but apparently you don't get it, and I belive is not because you can't but because you don't want. You and some other people seem to have already made up your mind that "reset is bad" because "why would you do that, what's the point" while failing to read my explaination about why it would be worth adding as a meaning of potentially save time and resources.

You know there are many RPGs that allow you to reset and re-build your characters as you please ? You know nobody complained about those, and even more so, whenever the function was not there by default was implemented later with mods in the offline ones ? And yet a lot of these people didn't NEED to do so because they could already have had all the power they wanted thorough leveling or reading thorough build guides... and yet they wanted those functions and used those functions.

So why be so much against such a feature anyway ? Are you one of those people who were rejecting the universal vaccum too ? Did you get angry when DE turned it into a companion mod as well ? Because it feels like it from your words and how you seem so adamantly against a feature nobody is forcing you to use anyway

If not a button, why not have one more forma that resets polarities ? DE already made two more after the normal one, so that clearly means they don't have an issue adding those.

Because your reason for resetting the weapon to default makes 0 sense. You *always* have to put multiple forma into a weapon to make it good, for the explicit purpose of the base damage and multishot mods, then status/crit mods depending on weapon. 4 forma, always, near as my math checks out. It could be more if you don't have a catalyst in the weapon, which I know is a shocker thought.

The "rebuild' character options how ever involve you keeping the points you spent though. Like in...Skyrim, you can 'reset' one skill but you keep the perk points, it refunds the points you spent and you can spend them differently. What you're proposing is a total loss of forma. Or, hell, Fallout 76 lets you, slowly, move points around, sure you don't earn more but you can reallocate them one at a time.

And no, I advocated for universal vaccum as it's too useful to not be useable on everything. And you're right, it is a feature nobody is forcing me to use, but it's also a feature I can not understand the purpose behind. There is no rime or reason for someone to want to 'blank' a complete weapon after sinking multiple forma into it. Sure, if they sink in one forma and #*!% up the polarity they can call support to fix it.

And what do you mean "one more forma that resets polarities?" You mean...a forma that blanks all the the polarity slots? Because we pointed out you can use forma to set a spot to 0. And again, I am in support of a forma that works on multiple slots, I how ever do not support the idea of a forma that only blanks slots. If the idea is for a "Super forma" that can modify the polarity of multiple slots at once(This includes making it blank) then yes, that would make sense, though I would still question people's reasoning behind using it to make more than 2 slots blank.

Here is the thing: what does the guy want to change the 3 polarities into ? If he needs one empty and two V when the weapon had only a D, that is only one reset and two formas... see ? Is not redundant at all, maybe situational (which is not a bad thing anyway), but not redundant.

Bruh, here is something simple. You can change the D polarity to a V, and then use another forma for another V and there you go. You got your blank slot and got rid of the D slot. You're using 2 forma either way. What ever mechanic behind a feature, as it would most likely not be as simple as pressing a button to remove every single polarity on a weapon, it would cost something, be something made, and it would probably be costly(Or have some alternative effect, such as dunking a weapon in Kuva and it's polarities get wiped/randomized could be neat.) so...again, you're still using 2 forma either way, just use one of them to change the D to a V and you're good.

12 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

What? I mean if you were suggesting a forma that could work on multiple slots sure i'd be down for that. What you proposed is "Push button, Weapon reset to default" which in turn means you have to sink forma back into it. Bare minimum you're sinking in 2 forma for the base damage mod and multishot unless the weapon comes with Madurai polarities. From there depending on if the weapon is crit or status focused you dump probably 2 more into it to squeeze all the other mods you want on it(again, this varies depending on inate polarities). But there is always going to be multiple forma sunk into a weapon to fit every mod you want maxed out onto it, to make it effective at higher range stuff.

And here you are just proving yet again that you don't understand because you don't WANT to understand. You have already made up your mind so why even bother trying to explain it to you anymore. just let this last thing sink in at least: Just because YOU wouldn't use something, doesen't make that thing not wort having.

12 hours ago, Hixlysss said:

Oh, yay "it's their job" excuse. You never worked retail have you? Are you happy when customers make messes for you to clean up? Say they move things on a shelf and you ask them nicely not to do that and they say "It's your job to keep it organized" ? Just cause it's their job doesn't mean we need to pile on more work for em, the poor support staff is already underpaid.

Ok, now I may sound offensive (and none to retail or support employees themselves is intended in this segment) but...

*@##&#036;, please... have you ever worked as a garbage man ? Did you ever had to pickup trash by hand with the costant risk of injuring yourself with infected S#&amp;&#036; ? Did you ever had to stick your hands in the bushes to drag out garbage with the risk of pricking yourself not with the spines and sticks but with the drug addicts syringes ? Did you ever had to handle LARGE rotting animal corpses by hand ?

Have you ever had to work as door to door salesman ? Did you ever walk out in the rain for 16 hours straight trying to deal with people who don't give a S#&amp;&#036; or don't understand english or your homeland language only to then get scolded by your boss for "not having done enough because statistics" ?

Have you ever had to work in a "nightmare hotel" literally falling apart with clients complaining all the time while you try your best to make things work and your boss either not giving a F or putting the blame on you while you had to eat it up because there is nothing else to do ?

If your answer is "No", go out and try anyone of these jobs, and THEN let me know how bad your retailer or game support job is.

Not only that but you also have the balls preach about it like some know-it-all without knowing certain matters should not be mentioned or used for such petty reasons to begin with.

Don't you #*!%IN DARE talk to me like you know about bad jobs, because I personally seen and experienced more than one REAL bad jobs, and enough to know you shouldn't use other people's jobs as an excuse to justify your own PERSONAL view on a petty thing like a game mechanic.

This to me is just enough of a reason to not even bother with you anymore

Edited by Otakuwolf

10 hours ago, Otakuwolf said:

And here you are just proving yet again that you don't understand because you don't WANT to understand. You have already made up your mind so why even bother trying to explain it to you anymore. just let this last thing sink in at least: Just because YOU wouldn't use something, doesen't make that thing not wort having.

Ok, now I may sound offensive (and none to retail or support employees themselves is intended in this segment) but...

*@##&#036;, please... have you ever worked as a garbage man ? Did you ever had to pickup trash by hand with the costant risk of injuring yourself with infected S#&amp;&#036; ? Did you ever had to stick your hands in the bushes to drag out garbage with the risk of pricking yourself not with the spines and sticks but with the drug addicts syringes ? Did you ever had to handle LARGE rotting animal corpses by hand ?

Have you ever had to work as door to door salesman ? Did you ever walk out in the rain for 16 hours straight trying to deal with people who don't give a S#&amp;&#036; or don't understand english or your homeland language only to then get scolded by your boss for "not having done enough because statistics" ?

Have you ever had to work in a "nightmare hotel" literally falling apart with clients complaining all the time while you try your best to make things work and your boss either not giving a F or putting the blame on you while you had to eat it up because there is nothing else to do ?

If your answer is "No", go out and try anyone of these jobs, and THEN let me know how bad your retailer or game support job is.

Not only that but you also have the balls preach about it like some know-it-all without knowing certain matters should not be mentioned or used for such petty reasons to begin with.

Don't you #*!%IN DARE talk to me like you know about bad jobs, because I personally seen and experienced more than one REAL bad jobs, and enough to know you shouldn't use other people's jobs as an excuse to justify your own PERSONAL view on a petty thing like a game mechanic.

This to me is just enough of a reason to not even bother with you anymore

And we have devolved...dude, just cause X job has it worse doesn't mean Y job can't be a royal pain in the ass as well. Also, I love how you completely ignore the actual defeat of your argument that I did.
Also, it's not a matter of me not wanting to use it, there is nothing even close to what you're demanding in the game. What you're asking for is a "Free wipe all polarities from my weapon" button. Not gonna happen. I've already debunked your "What if it has a D polarity and I want 2 V polarities? I have to use 3 forma to add 2 V polarities and remove the D" argument.

There is no rime or reason for there to be a magical button to clear all polarities from anything in warframe, most certainly not for free.