Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Moon - Speed Test

(PSN)crashteddy03

Question

I've been doing Lua missions for a few weeks now and have managed to complete all of the Halls of Ascension except for the Speed Test. To the best of my knowledge, the Speed Test challenge simply hasn't spawned at all in any of the missions that I've done. I vaguely recall the laser plate room when I first got to Lua but I haven't seen it since.

So my question - does the Speed Test only spawn in certain Lua missions? Or am I just having really bad RNG luck?

10 answers to this question

Iirc the spawn chance of the tests is based off of how small they are, the speed test is a very, very large test that encompasses many rooms, so the chances of it spawning are very small, on the other hand the endurance test takes up a very small portion of the map, which is why you see it every other run you do.

2 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

I've been doing Lua missions for a few weeks now and have managed to complete all of the Halls of Ascension except for the Speed Test. To the best of my knowledge, the Speed Test challenge simply hasn't spawned at all in any of the missions that I've done. I vaguely recall the laser plate room when I first got to Lua but I haven't seen it since.

So my question - does the Speed Test only spawn in certain Lua missions? Or am I just having really bad RNG luck?

IIRC, the speed test will NOT spawn on Lua Spy (Pavlov) that much I remember. I can't recall which one it was, but I vaguely recall that I actually had to run one specific Lua mission node to get the Speed test challenge room to spawn. That being said, I can't remember if it was the Lua Exterminate (Plato) or the Lua Capture (Copernicus). Sorry, been a while since I went to go hunt down the speed test room. But yeah, it actually only spawns on one Lua node IIRC.  

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I did all my challenges in Plato (Crossfire Exterminate) after reading somewhere that in this mission you have a better chance to spawn more puzzle rooms (not really sure if that's accurate, but I often got 3 rooms in a single mission there). The speed challenge is by far the rarest in my experience, it's probably going to take a while before you see it.

Edit: to add further confirmation, I just found a speed test on Plato while doing the Nightwave challenge. Try there, and good luck!

Edited by Jerrahi

Speed test definitely can spawn at Lua Exterminate.

Fun fact: the Sedna Junction requirement to "Collect any 1 mod from the Orokin Principle challenge rooms on Lua" will show as fulfilled, even if you complete the test but don't obtain the mod. I was just running around like a loonie in Nova, blasting everything I saw with my Arca Plasmor.

2 hours ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Thanks for all your suggestions. I've done another few runs this morning but still without any luck. I'm starting to wonder if I'm looking for the wrong thing. This is the starting room that I've been keeping an eye out for. Is it the right one? (Image borrowed from the Wiki)

Speed_test.png

Yes, and is not so rare in Copernicus Capture missions - haveth one today (out of 7 runs), got bugged on "ice loop" (failed to do in time and walls didn't rise back as intended) and was forced to abort.

5 hours ago, Gunner6011 said:

Yes, and is not so rare in Copernicus Capture missions - haveth one today (out of 7 runs), got bugged on "ice loop" (failed to do in time and walls didn't rise back as intended) and was forced to abort.

Well, I've given up. I've been running Copernicus for over an hour now, long enough to take my Rubico Prime from Unranked to Max Rank (admittedly with an affinity booster) and not a single Speed Challenge.

For comparisons sake I currently own 2x Agility Drift (has come up more but I've only managed it twice), 6x Coaction Drift, 2x Endurance Drift (again has come up more but I've had no luck doing it solo, even with the Operator Mode trick), 15x Power Drift and 9x Stealth Drift. And that doesn't include the times that I couldn't be bothered attempting the challenge.

I think I'll just have to trade for Speed Drift...

Thanks again for everyone's replies and suggestions.