Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

HUD disappearing in the Exploiter Orb fight [Fix Pending]

Kishira

The HUD keeps disappearing every time I go in solo. Just had one run where this didn't happen. Tried twice in a squad and the issue didn't come up. Doesn't seem to be triggered by entering options. Bringing up the map during stage 2 shows nothing except for the map controls on the bottom, and locks the entire screen. Pressing options twice will free you again.

On 2019-12-06 at 6:11 PM, ZeroAtrix said:

"So may have found a temp workaround for the HUD disappearing. After you put in your thermia, go into your archwing until after your HUD reappears. Sometimes the HUD doesn't even temp disappear like it's supposed to when you use your archwing. We tried it 5 times and never got our HUD perma'd.  

This HUD disappearing glitch only seems to happen to my friends and I as a client, not as host and either we got lucky or there might be something to this.

Also, clients can not see the Ice Effects over her vents in phase 1, only the host can. 

During phase 2, only the host can damage her weak spots with their guns. The only way we've been able to damage her as a client is by using our operator amps secondary fire, (shrakson? or however it's spelled is the only one we've tested) while under her belly and firing up at her."

Sorry for any repeat info, but just copied and pasted so I didn't have to type any of it again.

This workaround kills the bug every time. Why haven't anyone upvoted this?

[PC]

So I not only solo-ed exploiter today, I even did it without an HUD. 

Unfortunately, without the HUD, i couldn't tell exactly how far I was and got blown up, having used up all my revives. 

Support told me that they need a successful multiplayer session to restore ONE item that would have been given (emphasis theirs).

I'm unfortunately stuck now. All the time spent, the diluted thermia, the potential drops all gone. All because of a silly bug (not referring to the orb here) that should have been squashed quickly. 

HUDs are part of the basic functionality of the game no?

Edited by xiaoyang17

So I not only solo-ed exploiter today, I even did it without an HUD. 

Unfortunately, without the HUD, i couldn't tell exactly how far I was and got blown up, having used up all my revives. 

Support told me that they need a successful multiplayer session to restore ONE item that would have been given (emphasis theirs).

I'm unfortunately stuck now. All the time spent, the diluted thermia, the potential drops all gone. All because of a silly bug (not referring to the orb here) that should have been squashed quickly. 

HUDs are part of the basic functionality of the game no?

• 3 weeks later...

So today I did the exploiter orb and I did it in a group of 4, we did it 2 times for now and both times my hud would completely disappear the second the door to the boss opens, it wouldn't come back until I was back in Fortuna.

Anyone else got this and knows a fix?

2 hours ago, CultOfMangled said:

it does it a lot and the only way ive been able to fix it is if people leave the group which isnt the ideal solution or sometimes trying to walk out the entrance works other than that its based on luck if it breaks or not 

okay i figured as much, thank you anyway

During the exploiter orb fight I have encountered multiple bugs from UI to being unable to load the map in the second phase of the fight. The HUD completely vanishing is a regular problem but it seems to only happen at the start of the fight after you insert the diluted thermia, it seems to happen more often if someone is under the rock that the orb is unable to hit you but could also be if the "intro cutscene" takes to long to load. Another problem is the loading from the first phase of the fight to the outer second phase as there are times when in a group it fails to load at all, seems to fix itself if a team member leaves the squad, does not happen while alone. Final problem that I can report is that the Gorgaricus sacs can spawn multiple times right in front of the door to fortuna after fighting the orb multiple times, not on a mushroom but just floating in the air and they cant be destroyed.

Hey Tenno! We are aware of this issue, we do not have a timeline for a fix, but we are investigating! 

Our current theory is that this issue only occurs if you press ESC while the HUD is disabled when the Exploiter Orb comes down to Deck 12. If you are affected by this issue a workaround is to chat link any item and clicking it to regain your HUD.

On 2020-02-14 at 11:44 AM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! We are aware of this issue, we do not have a timeline for a fix, but we are investigating! 

Our current theory is that this issue only occurs if you press ESC while the HUD is disabled when the Exploiter Orb comes down to Deck 12. If you are affected by this issue a workaround is to chat link any item and clicking it, to regain your HUD.

I realize this maybe isn't so helpful since it's anecdotal, but I can say that 100% of the time when I do the exploiter I do it via the bounty picker in Fortuna.  100% of the time lately I've loaded in and no one else has loaded in (even after waiting for several minutes before heading towards the exploiter, I am set to public) and about half the time while soloing it my UI disappears to various degrees.  I think the UI vanishing always triggers after the first part of the fight while loading to go back outside for the last part of the fight.  I vaguely remember it happening while playing in a squad too but that was right around release (before the bounty picker existed for it).  This is all PS4, occurred most recently probably 3 or 4 weeks ago.  

• 2 weeks later...

Our current theory is that this issue only occurs if you press ESC while the HUD is disabled when the Exploiter Orb comes down to Deck 12. If you are affected by this issue a workaround is to chat link any item and clicking it, to regain your HUD.

I just had this problem when I was running around collecting stuff and mining the copernics for the railjack part. Got the 30 I needed and discovered I was in the same cave as the orb fight so I went to fight it. As soon as I activated the fight, the game acted like it wanted to play the cutscene of the orb coming into the room, but it didn't play it and killed the hud. Seems it both plays and doesn't play the cutscene and robs the player afflicted of their HUD in the process.

This actually happened to me twice in a row when I selected the mission from Eudico.

This disappearing HUD bug continue to happen to me and others.

Others found a workaround to fix missing HUD in a middle of mission, click on linked item on chat.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1175199-how-to-solve-no-hud-on-exploiter/

...  only to be disappointed by another bug that cannot click on linked item on chat.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1173587-chat-links-not-working-since-revision-mainline-update/

Our? You mean there are at least two who came up with that hunch?  A year later all you have is a theory?

The cause of this problem is that "cinematic" (trying to be cool) entrance of the orb where the name appears and the hud is removed(someone posted a video, 1st page of this thread); the game fails to bring it back.  Regardless of how or if bounty is initiated, this glitch will happen. Such simple problem with a simple solution, simple tests would've prevented this.  This is some serious stuff that affects a player's experience and all you have is "we do not have a timeline for a fix"?  

I've been farming exploiter orb solo for a couple of months now every time I get a free resource booster, I'm quite familiar with the glitches and annoying mechanics that give new players frustration.  I'd love to report and list em here but from what I have been seeing on this forum, it's a guaranteed  shrug off from DE.  I'll just end up getting warnings for giving criticisms.

• Like 1

We are happy to report that this bug has finally been fixed. It really should have been addressed earlier but the problem was this bug was particularly nasty and had nothing to do with UI and so it was sitting in the wrong team’s bug-backlog!

We eventually boiled down the reproduction to something embarrassingly simple: just look away. When the Exploiter Orb climbs down there’s a cinematic event that hides your HUD and then a moment later there’s another event that fires to show the boss title card and then show your HUD again when that’s done. If the first event fires but you miss the second your HUD is lost forever:

The tricky part was figuring out why you weren’t getting that second event and the reason turned out to be quite bizarre: when the Exploiter Orb is climbing down the animation system classifies this behavior as “flying.”

In order to run massive open worlds with enemies spread all over the map the engine has to carefully prioritize what to spend time updating. Animation is a particularly expensive subsystem to update and so when things are far away or off-screen we tend to update them less frequently (if at all). Animation for flying enemies is optimized particularly aggressively because their animations tend to be nearly impossible to see at a distance: if you aren’t aiming at a flying Dargyn there’s little chance you’d notice a discontinuity in the pilots animation so we can make the game run faster by putting it on hold.

The problem is, of course, that the Exploiter Orb is much bigger than a Dargyn and skipping its animation meant skipping important cinematic events. As it turns out the Exploiter Orb and other boss characters already have a special setting that indicates their animation events are important and shouldn’t be optimized away – the bug was that we happen to ignore that setting if they happen to be flying.

So we’ve actually fixed this bug in two ways: flying bosses won’t ignore the setting that ensures animation updates aren’t optimized away, and we’ve fused the two events in the Exploiter Orb into so that it hides and restores your HUD in a single event.

Sorry it took so long to track down – this was a nasty one.

• Like 25