Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sniper-Lord

Little content on the Revenant

Ревенент-это красивый персонаж этой красивой игры. Почему он вышел так давно и даже не имел одной кожи, а недавно выпущенный Огонек уже имеет вдвое больше контента? У меня такое чувство, что этот действительно хороший варфрейм уже забыт.

Ревенент-это красивый персонаж этой красивой игры. Почему он вышел так давно и даже не имел одной кожи, а недавно выпущенный Огонек уже имеет вдвое больше контента? У меня такое чувство, что этот действительно хороший варфрейм уже забыт.

10 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Roses are red,

Violetts are blue,

The title is english,

the text should be too!

Couldn't have said it better.

To OP translate it in English or use the Russian subforum

I gagged a little when I translated this

“Revenant is a beautiful character in this beautiful game. Why did he come out so long ago and did not even have one skin, and the recently released Twinkle already has twice as much content? I have the feeling that this really good warframe is already forgotten.”

Revenants doesn’t have any skins because nobody cares about him! And the reason nobody cares about him is because he’s an awful, good for nothing frame. He’s not good and calling him good is an insult to all the people who put effort into making the actual good frames.

20 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I gagged a little when I translated this

“Revenant is a beautiful character in this beautiful game. Why did he come out so long ago and did not even have one skin, and the recently released Twinkle already has twice as much content? I have the feeling that this really good warframe is already forgotten.”

Revenants doesn’t have any skins because nobody cares about him! And the reason nobody cares about him is because he’s an awful, good for nothing frame. He’s not good and calling him good is an insult to all the people who put effort into making the actual good frames.

Excuse me what? I'm sorry that you cant survive past 5 mins of not survival but revenant is one of the tankiest tanks there are in this game. He's a great frame.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Excuse me what? I'm sorry that you cant survive past 5 mins of not survival but revenant is one of the tankiest tanks there are in this game. He's a great frame.

Revenant is a great frame, and great for avoiding self damaging weapons.

You can't reason with the Gears, even if you had a tack hammer, don't waste your time trying to reason with him.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Mesmer skin is over rated trash. 100% DR doesn’t mean much when it’s tied to a charges based mechanic that gets shredded through like paper. 90% DR has been proven to be more than effective and you can even stack other DR mods on top of that, and take advantage of certain arcanes.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Mesmer skin is over rated trash. 100% DR doesn’t mean much when it’s tied to a charges based mechanic that gets shredded through like paper. 90% DR has been proven to be more than effective and you can even stack other DR mods on top of that, and take advantage of certain arcanes.

Mate...ive done hours of mot survival with a 13 mesmer skin charge revenant its not even 90%DR its literally 100% DR considering no armor or health is stripped when my mesmer skin charges are taken

23 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

Mate...ive done hours of mot survival with a 13 mesmer skin charge revenant its not even 90%DR its literally 100% DR considering no armor or health is stripped when my mesmer skin charges are taken

And was there any practical benefit to doing that? You get the same rewards from doing 10 sets of 2 hour survival gives the same rewards as doing 20 hours of survival. Mesmer Skin charges get torn through like wet tissue paper. And since the other tank abilities are able to perform up to about level 150 (maybe beyond). Revenant has no purpose to being in the game. He’s easily out paced and out performed by far too many frames in the actual practical and rewarding content for him every to be worth using. So um, sorry not sorry but Revenant is trash.

Bear says to keep it civil...but I don't see that happening honestly.

Also despite the flak I'll get for it, I agree with Gears on some things.

Revenant's kit shouldn't be judged as good just because he has an immunity button.

His 1 has anti-synergy with literally any AoE frame due to them dying, and for all the effort it takes for his 3 to kill something in one shot you could just as easily shoot things to death.

His 4 isn't bad, honestly it could stay if they ever reworked him (minus some scaling tweaks).

His 2 is only good for when players run missions for stupidly long times, otherwise most other defensive abilities are more useful in general.

Revenant's problem is that his entire kit is pointless in most missions because there are frames that can do what he does better for at least a few hours, and even then why are you using Mesmer Skin for endurance runs when an invisibility frame can avoid all damage just as easily?

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Revenant's problem is that his entire kit is pointless in most missions because there are frames that can do what he does better for at least a few hours, and even then why are you using Mesmer Skin for endurance runs when an invisibility frame can avoid all damage just as easily?

Because aside of tanking anything, Revenant can also one-shot any level enemy with his Reave+Enthrall synergy (and gain back stacks while he's at it). His synergies only really shine when enemies are so tough that you actually need his skills to kill enemies! This video (it's WeebusRussus's video... one of the posters in this thread!) shows how he can work at insane levels... though you probably have already seen this!

Just now, nslay said:

Because aside of tanking anything, Revenant can also one-shot any level enemy with his Reave+Enthrall synergy (and gain back stacks while he's at it). His synergies only really shine when enemies are so tough that you actually need his skills to kill enemies! This video (it's WeebusRussus's video... one of the posters in this thread!) shows how he can work at insane levels... though you probably have already seen this!

I've seen similar, but really it doesn't make sense to me for a frame to be considered so good at those levels when only 1-3% of the population even runs for that long.

I'd rather see the frame shine at all points, not just when the game starts to stop looking like Warframe.

Just now, Aldain said:

I've seen similar, but really it doesn't make sense to me for a frame to be considered so good at those levels when only 1-3% of the population even runs for that long.

I'd rather see the frame shine at all points, not just when the game starts to stop looking like Warframe.

Well, you certainly don't need any of his skills for most content frequented by the other 97% of players. Just bring Excalibur with a Braton.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Well, you certainly don't need any of his skills for most content frequented by the other 97% of players. Just bring Excalibur with a Braton.

That's not a reason for something to suffer from the issues that Rev suffers from.

No matter how "effective" a frame might be it shouldn't have issues in matches with other players, and it shouldn't rely on a single ability to ignore the enemy.

The design issues aren't in the usability, they are in just how useless they are because other things can do the job better at 97% of the time.

That is a problem that is effecting all of Warframe due to power creep though, not just Revenant.

17 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That's not a reason for something to suffer from the issues that Rev suffers from.

No matter how "effective" a frame might be it shouldn't have issues in matches with other players, and it shouldn't rely on a single ability to ignore the enemy.

The design issues aren't in the usability, they are in just how useless they are because other things can do the job better at 97% of the time.

That is a problem that is effecting all of Warframe due to power creep though, not just Revenant.

What I mean is that the game is so easy at the content the other 97% frequent that it doesn't really matter what you play or how you play it. For example, I have no trouble using Enthrall+Reave to one shot bosses at those low levels. In fact, it's pretty fun to do that... I don't need to do that because I can bring a sniper and kill the boss just as fast. I can bring Rhino and buff my damage and kill the boss. I can do that with Chroma too. I can bring literally any other frame and do the same job with very little difference.

I can use Enthrall to effectively cover defenses targets. I do it a lot in PoE bounties when playing Revenant. It works just fine. I can also just bring Frost and bubble defense targets. I can bring Limbo and bubble defense targets too. Practically no difference in outcome.

The point is, for most of the content that 97% players play, it boils down to preference and fun because the game is so easy that it doesn't matter what you bring. Skills are almost universally pointless when everything dies to a sneeze.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

What I mean is that the game is so easy at the content the other 97% frequent that it doesn't really matter what you play or how you play it. For example, I have no trouble using Enthrall+Reave to one shot bosses at those low levels. In fact, it's pretty fun to do that... I don't need to do that because I can bring a sniper and kill the boss just as fast. I can bring Rhino and buff my damage and kill the boss. I can do that with Chroma too. I can bring literally any other frame and do the same job with very little difference.

I can use Enthrall to effectively cover defenses targets. I do it a lot in PoE bounties when playing Revenant. It works just fine. I can also just bring Frost and bubble defense targets. I can bring Limbo and bubble defense targets too. Practically no difference in outcome.

The point is, for most of the content that 97% players play, it boils down to preference and fun because the game is so easy that it doesn't matter what you bring. Skills are almost universally pointless when everything dies to a sneeze.

I can't deny that overall, but then again I also am an advocate for making things a little less "made of paper".

We can agree to disagree on the issue of Revenant, as most of our differences come less from the actual design and more the game around it, which would be a different thread all-together.

I can see your points, but I just can't agree that they make him well designed from a technical standpoint, but that is a personal stance and not an objective one from me.

Just now, Aldain said:

I can't deny that overall, but then again I also am an advocate for making things a little less "made of paper".

We can agree to disagree on the issue of Revenant, as most of our differences come less from the actual design and more the game around it, which would be a different thread all-together.

I can see your points, but I just can't agree that they make him well designed from a technical standpoint, but that is a personal stance and not an objective one from me.

Oh, he's definitely got problems! I'm not trying to argue that he's perfect. But I do argue that his skills are still usable and useful even at low levels. The oddest one for low levels has got to be Reave. It took me a long time to learn to use it (and to even use it) for typical stuff. But Enthrall, Mesmer Skin, Danse Macabre? That's 3/4 easy-to-use skills for a brand new Revenant player... who of course will quickly realize that Enthrall has little value in team play at low levels save for some utility purposes (e.g. negating dangerous attacks and pacifying annoying/dangerous enemies ... like invincible Saturn Six Prisoners!).

When the missions are easy and do not discriminate against frames or weapons, then you can do whatever you want with little difference in efficacy with the way things are now. Those missions that do discriminate, like Eidolons, ESO, Endurance ... then it really starts to matter what you bring. And Revenant is bad at Eidolons and ESO while being very good at Endurance missions.

2 minutes ago, nslay said:

When the missions are easy and do not discriminate against frames or weapons, then you can do whatever you want with little difference in efficacy with the way things are now. Those missions that do discriminate, like Eidolons, ESO, Endurance ... then it really starts to matter what you bring. And Revenant is bad at Eidolons and ESO while being very good at Endurance missions.

That does double back around to the whole issue of the game's design being an issue more than Revenant himself eh?

I'm personally hoping that Empyrean might bring more varied mission design so more frames have places (and maybe when he has a place outside of Endurance his issues can be addressed).

I'd also like them to avoid the overly narrow fields that ESO and Eidolons created though, I'm fine with a preference to some frames, but those modes narrow things down a bit too much. Same with Arbitrations from what I hear, with tank frames being favored due to the nullifiers.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

Not a very impressive thing when it’s so slow and restrictive. When compared to The good damage abilities in normal content Revenants one shot doesn’t come close to being a practical choice.

12 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Not a very impressive thing when it’s so slow and restrictive. When compared to The good damage abilities in normal content Revenants one shot doesn’t come close to being a practical choice.

I've already told you several times now: Natural Talent.

Some people can tolerate that slow casting speed, but he works a lot more smoothly with that mod. And he actually has room for that mod in optimal builds.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

I've already told you several times now: Natural Talent.

Some people can tolerate that slow casting speed, but he works a lot more smoothly with that mod. And he actually has room for that mod in optimal builds.

Natural talent doesn’t fix the problem of its range only targeting whatever Revenant is directly touching. Even if Revane does move him forward that just makes it harder to control and far less effective than something like Garudas one shot, Mesas Damage radius, Nidus’s CC that actually compliments how he does damage. It’s more than just casting speed.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Natural talent doesn’t fix the problem of its range only targeting whatever Revenant is directly touching. Even if Revane does move him forward that just makes it harder to control and far less effective than something like Garudas one shot, Mesas Damage radius, Nidus’s CC that actually compliments how he does damage. It’s more than just casting speed.

Gears, there's no problem with Reave+Enthrall. Reave has a 6m width and it is actually not very hard to control (heck, I can even hit a single target multiple times!). And with Natural Talent, it's practically an instantaneous one-shot to a single target with 2 measly button presses. If you wait some seconds, the Thrall effect spreads and you now can one-shot 7 Thralls... and the pillar(s) will make more of them for you to Reave. This works very nicely when you actually have a reason to use Reave.

But hey, if you're like me and you use it for bosses for fun or novelty reasons... Well gosh, Tyl Regor should be so hard to Enthrall+Reave if it's really as bad as you say. He's got that erractic motion and Reave supposedly is hard to control and Enthrall is slow. But it's actually pretty easy to use this combo on him.

Funny how Nidus' damage is actually complemented by CC, but Revenant's CC enabling him to one-shot... well, we can just ignore that. You don't like that, so let's just ignore it.

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

Gears, there's no problem with Reave+Enthrall. Reave has a 6m width and it is actually not very hard to control (heck, I can even hit a single target multiple times!). And with Natural Talent, it's practically an instantaneous one-shot to a single target with 2 measly button presses. If you wait some seconds, the Thrall effect spreads and you now can one-shot 7 Thralls... and the pillar(s) will make more of them for you to Reave. This works very nicely when you actually have a reason to

And how is any of that faster or more effective than any of the higher tier damage frames? Because Garuda has an instantaneous one shot that doesn’t need to hit the enemy directly, and isn’t limited to only 7 enemies. And she isn’t even the best option for killing enemies. So I fail to see why there’s any reason whatsoever to use Revenant outside of needing to feel disappointment in something’s wasted potential. Also the MR.

Also Nidus’s CC clumps enemies up into a nice ball to be hit by his 1. Revenants Thralls are free to go around where ever. Not exactly those more reliable of CC or synergy set up for that matter.