The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Part 2 - Visual indication of switch between quick melee and melee only mode

(PSN)vinton14

I think you guys should add some sort of visual indication for when we enter melee only mode [the one that allows you to aim glide with your melee weapon]. Even DE Megan was confused about it. Because she took out her melee weapon then had to do another action to have melee only, with no indication of switch. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

the fact that we're HOLDING our melee weapon instead of a gun isn't enough of a clue ? 

what am i not understanding ? 

You'll still be holding it after quick-switch: AFAIK, that still works as before, unless you hold weapon-switch.

In regards to the solution, aside from a simple test (and from what we've seen, a visual effect on the 'draw'), perhaps a distinct crosshair? Like, the current Melee crosshair is for quick-switch, and a new crosshair to indicate full melee mode?

• Like 2

They could just keep quick swap but make it so pressing the fire and melee buttons swap rather than the aim button swapping to firearms. Seems cleaner than the current setup, on top of now adding an indistinguishable "melee only" mode

16 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

the fact that we're HOLDING our melee weapon instead of a gun isn't enough of a clue ? 

what am i not understanding ? 

As it currently is, unless you aim/fire after melee then you're still holding your melee weapon. It's not really indicative of quick melee vs melee only

14 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! There is an small difference in the reticle indicating which mode you are currently using.  

I'm going to assume that the crosshair difference used in the current Melee usage state will also be present after the update launches...

@(PS4)vinton14, isn't it obvious enough?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! There is an small difference in the reticle indicating which mode you are currently using.  

Are you going to clear rules on weapon switching and data mass-like objects / scanning?

Currently all packages drop automatically if scanning is used from a hotkey and switched back with same method.

Can we not drop data mass if no secondary is equipped and primary weapon is being used (just lock it completely then or give us option to do so).

Will we be able to keep mining and fishing mode on afer using quick melee or only in full melee stance?

Can you also test mass use/drop rules on throwing melee+pistol stance?

Thanks, keep it up!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)vinton14 said:

If it was obvious enough why would I make this post?

... because you could?

No, seriously. If a different crosshair isn't obvious enough, then you should pay better attention to it for a few days until the update is deployed...

Edited by Uhkretor

39 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... because you could?

No, seriously. If a different crosshair isn't obvious enough, then you should pay better attention to it for a few days until the update is deployed...

Go watch primetime 266 up to the part megan takes over and you'll see there was no change in recticle I'm not making a post simply because I can

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)vinton14 said:

I'm not making a post simply because I can

No? Did someone remove your ability to post? Or did someone else logged in with your forum account to create the topic?

... If you created the topic, then you made a willing choice to create it because you could.

But excluding that particular misinterpretation from your part, I don't need to review anything. Its already obvious enough when your Warframe takes out whatever Melee you have chosen to equip, in the Arsenal, by keeping it in hand, which I applaude [DE] for seeing how obvious it was to fix obvious Melee bugs that weren't there in the first place by giving us the choice to equip it back, the crosshair difference should translate to the upcoming changes...

... This, taking in consideration, that according to whoever said it at the time (just to point out how interesting I think those streams really are), manually equipping Melee is a simple change of state. Until the update actually releases, and you verify that there is no difference in the crosshair, unlike what exists right now, then they should make that crosshair difference happen as well. But right now, you're basically throwing clay to the ceiling and hoping it'll turn into a personal skyscraper.

I'm not saying your worry isn't without its reason. I'm saying that you're jumping the nuke on it.

31 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

No? Did someone remove your ability to post? Or did someone else logged in with your forum account to create the topic?

... If you created the topic, then you made a willing choice to create it because you could.

But excluding that particular misinterpretation from your part, I don't need to review anything. Its already obvious enough when your Warframe takes out whatever Melee you have chosen to equip, in the Arsenal, by keeping it in hand, which I applaude [DE] for seeing how obvious it was to fix obvious Melee bugs that weren't there in the first place by giving us the choice to equip it back, the crosshair difference should translate to the upcoming changes...

... This, taking in consideration, that according to whoever said it at the time (just to point out how interesting I think those streams really are), manually equipping Melee is a simple change of state. Until the update actually releases, and you verify that there is no difference in the crosshair, unlike what exists right now, then they should make that crosshair difference happen as well. But right now, you're basically throwing clay to the ceiling and hoping it'll turn into a personal skyscraper.

I'm not saying your worry isn't without its reason. I'm saying that you're jumping the nuke on 

Hence the word "simply" meaning that I did make it because I can but that's not the only reason. It's not as simple as that. And you pointing out that everyone makes a post because they can is very intuitive on your part sir. Showing me you only made that insult so you could back it up with the obvious you think that's clever lmaooooo 

Edited by (PS4)vinton14
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Loza03 said:

You'll still be holding it after quick-switch: AFAIK, that still works as before, unless you hold weapon-switch.

6 hours ago, SixDimensions said:

As it currently is, unless you aim/fire after melee then you're still holding your melee weapon. It's not really indicative of quick melee vs melee only

ahhhhh gotcha.

thats why i dont notice the difference much as i'm either twirling my sexy space baton  or in dual wield glaive mode.

9 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

You mean, is old quick melee included in the supposed update? The same one we had used for years, rather than the wicked version we saw on early of this year?

Edited by DroopingPuppy