Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring stamina back!

Soupf8

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

Parkour has a lot of complexity to it. Players can still walk to the end of a Mission if they want, or just use one of their tools, but that's their problem and they get to the end of that Mission slower because of it.
if they don't want to develop their Skills to perform better that's their problem. but it doesn't mean that the deep tools aren't offered there.

if you're actually looking for depth and want to need to utilize it (not just can optionally to perform better), start playing Conclave. that's the segment of the game where Parkour Skill is needed to excel.

reminds me of a time that a fried invited me and some other friends to try out his Parkour Room that he had just about finished. after they decided they were done trying it a few times, i started practicing the shapes of the Terrain. they thought i was terrible and being almost unable to get through the course. then after 5-10 minutes of gauging those angles and distances, i completed the course 50% faster than they did, in one attempt.
i didn't even try practicing the entire thing after that, my work there was done, i had proved my point(since they were questioning the things i was saying in the conversation about Parkour that we inevitably had because we were focused on performing it at the time).
and i'm far from the highest Skilled Player at using Parkour. i'm fairly good, but i'm certainly not the best. 

1: I do play Conclave, and that's why I hold this opinion

2: Simplicity =/= lack of depth. An elegant system is the most depth for the least complexity. Your average platformer, like I said, doesn't have a massive movelist. The trick is all in how those moves are executed and the huge amount of platformers that exist go to show just how many possibilities can be born of very simple tools. Same thing for Warframe. It's not a complex system, it's an elegant one.

Let's consider this once they have the enemy armor scaling, weapon balance, and other factors sorted first.

At the very least it was removed when it was because it made many frames and missions sluggish and frustrating,
on top of all the other potential quirks and jank.

When the balance to arsenal, enemy, and combat are solved, we will seek more complexity elsewhere.
If it was originally in the game, there may yet be a place for it later.
I absolutely don't see now as the time for that.. I also really don't welcome it back, but there could be a day it fits.

Do you mean that I should stop running around and be mindful about the level design?

That level design, whose developers actually sink irl resources and time to craft so that I can just blaze through it and not give a flying f* about it, ever? 

That I have to stop and plan how to tackle each room?

You're telling me that game modes like Capture, Spy, Sabotage and Assassination are not meant to be a rush to the objective and their existences should have an actual sense?

What the hell I thought this was a game about hoarding fictional resources the fastest way possible, with little to no pesky gameplay implemented. 

Edited by (PS4)DidacoJack
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

1: I do play Conclave, and that's why I hold this opinion

2: Simplicity =/= lack of depth. An elegant system is the most depth for the least complexity. Your average platformer, like I said, doesn't have a massive movelist. The trick is all in how those moves are executed and the huge amount of platformers that exist go to show just how many possibilities can be born of very simple tools. Same thing for Warframe. It's not a complex system, it's an elegant one.

well, it's complex. we are given a relatively sizable set of tools, and having many tools means that executing your best results, is complex. a traditional Platformer has few and simple tools, but Warframe has many tools. each tool is simple to use individually, but using all of them together, isn't so simple.

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

well, it's complex. we are given a relatively sizable set of tools, and having many tools means that executing your best results, is complex. a traditional Platformer has few and simple tools, but Warframe has many tools.

Jump. (double jump is included in this)

Bullet Jump.

Wall Hop (latch isn't used for movement)

Aim Glide.

Slide.

Roll.

Six moves. Seven if you want to count a stationary 'aiming' state as a mobility tool. Odyessy, one of the more complex platformers I know, has closer to 10-15, depending on how granularly you define them, along with another five or so (again, based on how granularly you define individual moves) in niche-case scenarios like climbing poles.

8 minutes ago, taiiat said:

each tool is simple to use individually, but using all of them together, isn't so simple.

Yeah... that's what the term 'elegant design' means...

1 hour ago, Soupf8 said:

now I'm kinda thinkin' about how players tend to only build for ONE thing. Abilities.

I mean when the focal point of Warframes are their abilities, why would you build for disability?

You're given more mods for abilities than you are for health and shields and most of the time, shields are a waste of time on almost every frame. Handy, but no better than paper

Take for instance, I'll put health on Mesa, and then get this; I build for her Shatter Shield Ability! Can you Imagine that? 😂

18 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

I mean when the focal point of Warframes are their abilities, why would you build for disability?

You're given more mods for abilities than you are for health and shields and most of the time, shields are a waste of time on almost every frame. Handy, but no better than paper

Take for instance, I'll put health on Mesa, and then get this; I build for her Shatter Shield Ability! Can you Imagine that? 😂

I don't understand your response.

13 minutes ago, Soupf8 said:

I don't understand your response.

Okay how about a question to your OP: Stamina has been removed from the game twice. Both times it was around, it stopped you from using melee attacks very often, Running/Sprinting or jumping far or as often. What makes you think a 3rd time around will make Stamina any better than the first 2 iterations?

Edited by Alcatraz

1 minute ago, Alcatraz said:

Okay how about a question to your OP: Stamina has been removed from the game twice. Both times it was around, it stopped you from using melee attacks very often. What makes you think a 3rd time around will make Stamina any better than the first 2 iterations?

If you read my whole post, I clearly stated this whole stamina thing was a joke. I suggest you reread the reply I made to fully understand what I wrote.

1 minute ago, Soupf8 said:

If you read my whole post, I clearly stated this whole stamina thing was a joke. I suggest you reread the reply I made to fully understand what I wrote.

I read it, and noticed it's in general discussion with the community and not in feedback so it can also be noted it wasn't a serious topic as actual feedback either.

But remember, it is in Community > General Discussion. Serious or not, you decided to post the topic anyway. Now you have the discussion.

Just now, Alcatraz said:

I read it, and noticed it's in general discussion with the community and not in feedback so it can also be noted it wasn't a serious topic as actual feedback either.

But remember, it is in Community > General Discussion. Serious or not, you decided to post the topic anyway. Now you have the discussion.

The discussion has been ongoing. If you're just reading fragments of this topic you will not be able to keep up.

8 minutes ago, Soupf8 said:

The discussion has been ongoing. If you're just reading fragments of this topic you will not be able to keep up.

Nothing to keep up with when I was directly saying something to you, not the rest of the people here. Which you failed to understand my first response so I made a different response in the form of a question that you might better understand, and yet failed to address.

3 minutes ago, Alcatraz said:

Nothing to keep up with when I was directly saying something to you, not the rest of the people here. Which you failed to understand my first response so I made a different response in the form of a question that you might better understand, and yet failed to address.

So reiterate? 

2 hours ago, Soupf8 said:

I like the this part: "you couldn't just haphazardly move around. You had to plan your movements." Now honestly, I posted this for fun, but now I'm kinda thinkin' about how players tend to only build for ONE thing. Abilities. IMO we need some player progression. Maybe add a system where you can upgrade your warframes or weapons so that their mod capacity is increased, you have 12 mod slots, but there are three section that only accept certain mods. for example, one section would be for ability related mods, the next section could be for like defensive stuff like armor shields and recharge rates or health regen or shield regen. and the last section could be a utility section. 

the way I see it, it adds player progression, it keeps power creep away, it allows players to explore and have more experiences devising builds and seeing what complex things they can come up with. currently all i ever hear about from youtubers and members of the community is "look at this op spore build" or "man i got this exhaulted blade down man look at meeeee" so like if you could make space for players to build on more than just abilities, i think the game can feel a little bigger, and it'll give veterans shish to do. its a super win and i am just in awe that DE is adding exilus mods to weapons. they are taking the right steps, but i think they need to implement more steps. and i don't know how well i've expressed my idea, but i think the game definitely needs it. and i'm not referring to stamina. that was a joke. but i do want a revision or quick rest. that WAS my favorite mod. YUH!

Thanks for the comment. I get that you posted it as a joke, but I'm kind of serious. I do understand your point, like I said in my post (and in various other ones) we need a new modding system. IMO some of the best mods in the game are the nightmare, corrupted and conclave mods. I would love modding where these types really get to shine, except I can see that being a huge overhaul not to mention the...colorful Tenno that grace the forums. But alas it's another issue that is compounded with others that would require large reworks and balancing passes to get it to work. And that's a lot of change, change that would break the dream people have with their Warframe experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PR1D3 said:

Thanks for the comment. I get that you posted it as a joke, but I'm kind of serious. I do understand your point, like I said in my post (and in various other ones) we need a new modding system. IMO some of the best mods in the game are the nightmare, corrupted and conclave mods. I would love modding where these types really get to shine, except I can see that being a huge overhaul not to mention the...colorful Tenno that grace the forums. But alas it's another issue that is compounded with others that would require large reworks and balancing passes to get it to work. And that's a lot of change, change that would break the dream people have with their Warframe experience.

I usually just wait and watch and some of the things I fantasize come true. The development of this game is something I enjoy hearing about.