Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Discussion] Bridging The Gap Between De_ And The Community

JustSoLoPa_TV

Changed Title from [Discussion] About Cosmetics Events and More to

[Discussion] Bridging the Gap between DE_ and The Community

First off I would like to say love the game and everything ^ -^ . Still new though. 

I normally stay in the fan concepts sections as well as thinking of ways to improve the game with a simple warframe concept or upon other concepts ideas. As normal in any of my concepts I make I always say I write everything from the top of my head as well as that I am a Innovator. I strive to see a better future in anything I put my mind too (In which I set my mind on Warframe).

I always think about the future and the now. And the now needs a revamp to create a better community based game that the DE_ wanted to create which creates a better future for the game.

Before reading on Here's a Counter Argument about what the Design Council is for: All I would like to say is before you read. You pay for what want, the description of Founders is what you paid for. I want to help create a Ideal Bridge that could connect the community and whole with DE_ to Community. Not just DE_ to the Paying part of the Community. 

If you notice over the past years or if you go back through most of the complaint threads. It is mainly by a Design Council member or a Founder whom idea did not get put into the game. Thus sparked anger thus created the complaint thread. Of course their are complaints from non spenders yet the post consist of non spenders. When a Founder or a Design Council member topics consist of Founders and Design Council members. Which in life is like Splitting up Races, having diversity. Which is what we all don't want DE_ and the Whole Community.

Some cool ideas here. But I'm not sure OP if you know that DE is already discussing some of their conceps with community. Thats what Design Council was made for... if they would want to change this model to include whole community I think some of founders might get upset. ;)

Thanks ^ -^ I left that part board so a founder member can allow me to have a counter argument.

The Design council is to VOTE ON UP AND COMING UPDATES!.

While this would to be VOTE ON COMMUNITY BASED CONCEPTS(Skins, Warframes) that you would like to see in game ;)

The Design Council is to VOTE ON IDEAS THAT THE DE_'s ALREADY HAD IN MIND (Which is nice and all but it shuns out the rest of the community)

Having  a bridge connected to the community but only if you pay 100$ ? Seems Legit, when you stated before the releases of Warframe. (We want to build a Community based Game) I However didn't realize to get into the Community"Design Council" you would have to pay 100$ or more for. 

Now don't get me wrong I plan on paying the 250$ because I believe this game deserves support TO KEEP AIMING FOR THEIR INITIAL GOAL.

But my Way of thinking and my Goal of this thread is to bridge the Community"NON PAYERS" with the DE_'s as well. So they have a say on the game as well.

Where I know every change in this game has been produced by the Design Council Community is because where I came from..

Example Rumble Fighter: It's a Free 2 Play Fighting Game.

People enjoy playing. But much like this community the Company does not do what the Player like. Sure you got the Community(In Game) Complaining. But now you got the Forum-ers. THE FORUM-ERS IS ALMOST AS CLOSE TO THE DESIGN COUNCIL(With out the payment type) 

Don't get me wrong .... This game completely and utterly ignores their community.

They host Spenders events were if you spend enough money out of your pocket(as well as you have to spend that ingame cash) you have a chance to either

A get a timed item (not of your choice at all something you probably don't even want)

B Get a permanent Item that no one else can ever have

C Get a permanent Set that no one else can have.

For A you spend up to 20-40$ 

For B 50-70$

For C 100-125$

OUTRAGES and they used to do this every major update or every so often months.

While raking in the communities money They HAVE YET TO RELEASE ANY TYPE OF POPULAR CONCEPTS FROM THE COMMUNITY THAT HAS MANY SUPPORTS EVEN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY ADVISERS WOULD SUPPORT THE CONCEPT. 

Now that is just dam shameful for a company to only think about money and not its players. All they do is suck money in release content that only people with cash can buy every so 4-6 months release content you don't need to pay for.

I ranted a little to much off my point. Now for the bridge between the Design Council to this Other Games Community.

Basically the same thing

Design Council Get to vote on what should be done in the game Nerfs or Buffs

Other Game Community If they B%^ Long enough new content would be release as well as nerfs and buffs 

Thus Design Council Dictates the Path of Warframe for the rest of the community. Without taking into mind what the WHOLE Community would like. 

Get what I mean? You should seeing how you have that emblem baaah you know what I mean hahaha. 

Anyone with the emblem understands (It's the only reason you bought it. TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHATS COMING OUT BEFORE OTHERS VOTE ON IT) For just 100$ :D 

Again my way of thinking on this is different. It would not deprive the Will of the Council. 

Paying Members will only see the Excluding Content for the 100$ they paid.

Paying Members will only see the Up and coming Warframe ideas coming for the 100$ they paid

Paying Members will (You get my point you get what you pay for. and the descriptions shows what you paid for haha). 

~Love ThatGuyHD

Cosmestics

Ok I know so far that the cosmetics to change the appearance of your Warframe is very limited only a few things released for each warframe. Also I know that people can go into Fan Concepts or Fan Art and post their Suggestions/Art of something they would like to be added into the game.

This is just a discussion about a (What If). 

What if changing the approach to cosmetics to the game. As in.

The DE_ could host every weekend or every Two weeks a Poll upon each Warframe different cosmetics posted by Players to be put into the game to be able to have more variety to how a warframe could look. (Besides the current ones we have and just buying color wheels).

What I mean by that is. 

Say today is the next Poll for MAG Helmet. 

Artist can make their own Concept idea of a Helmet For (Well Drawn Concept and doable) or

People can ask for their concept of a helmet by a artist (If they are not that good at drawing) to make it for them. 

Everyone post the images onto (Set so Thread) The DE_ then take the pictures and add a poll. 

To whom ever gets the most votes or maybe the top 3 highest voted gets put into the game. 

The next Poll upon the selected Helmet Cosmetics would be for the stats. The stats are based off of how the Warframe is. The DE_ and Community can work this out with each other. The DE_ can list different stat ideas (Including the original holder of the art concept) for the Community to vote on. Which allows a more ground base communication about stats and Helmets. Which would give DE_'s more hindsight on how the players like things.

(I know some issues can come into play) 

It either may take to long or longer to put them into the game than the players would like.

But my approach to this is, The Reference of how the Helmet should look is already their. 

The DE_ Modeling Team would have no problem creating one from scratch as well as scratching their heads upon what they would believe the players would like. 

A quick and simple model could be made and implemented into the game with no problem. (In the middle of everyone playing just like minor updates they inform everyone that (so and so helmet has been put into the game update your game to see it in the Market (Also the free way of obtaining it just takes a lot of grinding and time to put into it just to obtain the Helmet would take place, though I would like to come up with a way with less grinding but HEY it's user made and something new right?) 

This would fall under any other skin based idea for any warframe. 

Now about the part about choosing. I know I said ALL Warframes would be selected but only a selected piece can be made to be implemented. So this would give a chance for people under any warframe they may have a new fresh look. 

(Thus since their is more than one frame getting something new their would either be quick small updates to reload the game or just a minor small update in full all concepts chosen under each warframe). 

~ In total this would create a bridge between players helping each other to get new looks into the game. As well as more DE_ interaction. Not only seeing that DE_ are taking the time to get peoples ideas into the game but it would show that they are trying even harder to make the GAME that they said they wanted. A more community based game play where everyone works together. 

Which falls under my initial (What if)

Sorry if anything is misspelled or out of place I type as I think as I expound upon my thoughts that I write (If that makes sense to anyone)

What do you guys think of that?

Events Part 1:

This relates to weekend events:

I have many things to talk about with this one.

First I would like to ask how do you guys like the events coming along so far? I'm new so I haven't truly experienced any Events. Only thing close would be Alerts. I read up on different threads talking about. 

~Double Affinity One Week

~Drops Increases Another

~So on and So Forth.

(What If)

We had a system like that would everyone be happy?

A Systematical  Function that does it's own pre order Events every Month?

Like. We vote for the upcoming month what events would we like to have?

~Increased Drop Rates

~Increased Mod Drop Rates

~Increased Health/Energy Drops

~Increased Affinity

~Increased Blue Print Drop Rates

~Increased Damage (Which goes for anything which includes Crit Chance and Crit Damage) 

~Increased Health/Energy

~So on and so forth if you catch my draft.

This creates a bond From the DE_ with the community enabling us to choose what we expect to see next month in the 4 Chosen Increased Ratings. 

(Again I can see where some of the increased ratings make cause some type of problem) But I see it as fixed ratings for each and individual one like. Affinity when I say Increased Affinity week I'm sure people are thinking the number 200 to 300. 

Then after that you already presume that may cause a slight issue upon leveling weapons way to quickly but then again we all are trying to increase are weapons. I would say this is how it would work out.

The 4 that has already been chosen CAN NOT be chosen for the next month. Thus we as the community would have to work together choosing the ratings that we want each month.  If that causes a problem with some of you reading this (TOUGH LUCK) haha I kid I kid. My other approach would be.

If everyone chooses the same 4 again for next month it would lower that rating again and again every month. It's like wearing clothes the more you wear it out the worse the condensation gets. Gotta take it off and wash it give it a break and wear something else for a change. So that the next time you wear it you would feel the same freshness you had the first time you wore it. I'm sure most people would love this approach at best. 

What do you guys think about that?

Events Part 2Now this is about Warframe based events!

Now everyone in the game has either ONE or MORE Warframes. But normally tends to stick to just ONE particular warframe. 

Most people completely find other Warframes either close to or is completely useless and see no need for them what so ever. 

(What if)

Their were events were you NEEDED to have a certain WARFAME in the group in order to participate in the event?

I'm sure most of you that read that part either said/asked

~What do you mean?

~Depends on the Warframe

~What kind of a Event? 

Well it would take awhile to actually get most of these type of events with their own side mission implemented but this is my ground base idea. I will use Trinity off the top of my head.

From everything I have caught up on with this community from closed beta to now. The first release of Trinity she has been quite popular their were so many fellow Trinity Warframes that aided people in the ad-mist of battle with the Grinners, Corpus and Infested. Which she really helped tide the battle. 

Now for the event(Just thought about it this could be like a fun mode as well). Their would be a random event for a TRINITY to participate in the event. 

The event that I can come with at the top of my head would be. 

Almost like Survival and Defense combined in it's own unique fashion. 

But for this particular event

~Their is no Shield

~Their is no Health Drops

~Continuity is Disabled

~Any mods that gain Health is Disabled

~Only Halfed the Viality of all Players Mods queues for this Event/Mission 

(Which makes Trinity MOSTLY needed for this Event/Mission)

The Trinity Player (Maybe more than one if their is more in the party) Would have to keep all her fellow Tennos alive. 

With a onslaught of waves of enemies coming in attacking her fellow Tenno. She must protect them keeping them alive through till a extraction point arrives. Just like defense you guys can vote

Team mate 2 "Should we go longer"

Team mate 3 "If the Trinity can keep us going I will stay"

Trinity(Team mate 4) "OF COURSE You guys need me any way"

Team mate 1 "Well I guess we are going for another wave baby"

Of course the other players can fight back to protect themselves but remember their is no shield nor shield regeneration. 

What about Trinites Ult?

Only her health would work in this Event/Mission

Is that possible?

Dam straight possible do you have a MAG? If so you understand Survival Mode + Ran out of time + Attempting to use Shield Polarize = YOU GONNA DIIIIIIIE SOOOON

~Players are only allowed up to 3 Downs by that 3rd down the Event/Mission is failed

~If a Player Dies the Event/Mission is failed.

But do not worry you can try as many times as you like till the event period is over (Unless this becomes a Fun Mode). 

The rewards for this would be great for as long as Trinity can keep her fellow Tennos alive.

Lotus "Trinity it is up to you to make sure our fellow Tennos make it back home safely. Prove to them what you are capable of"

What do you guys think about this? If we had Warframe Based Events/Missions/Modes ?

Warframes:

I said I love this game but one thing I can only say I hate about this their are MORE WARFRAMES than there are PLANETS

At first I only thought it was 15 Warframes over 13 Planets but it turns out to be. 18 Warframes over 13 planets. Now I know their are multiple missions and maps on each planet but come on... Their are only so many missions you can do on each planet which are all the same. (I'm sure they are coming up with new Mission types but this hinders the fact upon people creating new warframe concepts) Not only does it hinder the Warframe concepts coming in but the fact that there is only 13 planets with the same Factions/Enemies only drops the same Materials we fellow Tennos have discovered. Which means we can not make new Warframes with out discovering new planets, factions, and enemies. 

But aside from that. What really should be going down to bridge the DE_'s and the Community is.

(What if)

The DE_'s actually "Sat down" with us and told us

"Hey guys their are some particular warframe concepts we are looking for and we were wondering if you could help us"

"Here is our initial base idea What do you guys think ? What can we Change? Don't like it? Well how would you guys build upon or make this Warframe? What Abilities would you add? Description? Appearance?" 

Or it could be another way.

"Hey guys their are some particular warframe concepts we are looking for and we were wondering if you could help us"

Heres a poll of a few Based Warframe elements which do you guys like the most?

Then what ever base element has been chosen is the one we all come together and think about as a community and the DE_'s to work together on making the next Warframe. 

When it comes time to choose the most voted Warframe Concept would be implemented into the game (When ever that time comes)

Thus gets the community making something that would actually be noticed. We would know what is on the DE_'s mind on warframe concepts. 

Instead of having a section that we aren't even sure gets looked at. Having all sorts of ranges of Warframes. MAN I can't tell you how many wonderful Warframe ideas I have seen from past to present. That haven't gotten in they put some real thought into it too. And their it lies restless awaiting for awaken. Sorry fellow Tenno your time will come... your time will come....

But what do you guys think about this? A bridge that connects us together allowing us to know what the DE_'s are looking for also the DE_'s can see what the Community enjoys. 

But again I would still say we would need new Planets/ Factions/ Enemies/ Weapons and Materials. To further are knowledge about Technology and other Blue prints to make/awaken new Tennos. 

Mastery Rank: Oh man Everything I have been saying about needing more content directly affects Mastery Rank. MORE TO COME! AFTER A BRIEF CEREAL AND COFFEE BREAK.

Planets:

Maps:

Missions/Modes: ( Working on this :D) Will work a bit on this later on I actually want to get into the Warframe Discussion

Weapons:

Sentinel:

Mods:

Gear

Edited by ThatGuyHD

Events for ANY kind of skin (Helmet, Weapons, Sentinel Parts?) could be pretty cool, even moreso if community made!

How about Steam Workshop, to make it even easier? ;)

Haha of course any kind of skin mate. It's even better because it is Community Made! 

And I like the idea of Steam Workshop, but a few problems D:. 

I searched Warframe it is not listed only reason is. 

Warframe isn't really a Steam Based game, you can download warframe through stream but you still have to register on the official Warframe website in order to log in through steam. 

The DE_ would have to form some kind of contract or agreement with Steam in order to use that workshop. 

Maybe if they created their own Workshop :O!

Also I added in on a discussion for Events about. Weekly Events and Warframe Based Events. 

What do you guys think of anything listed so far? Would love feedback from the community :D

Edited by ThatGuyHD

Some cool ideas here. But I'm not sure OP if you know that DE is already discussing some of their conceps with community. Thats what Design Council was made for... if they would want to change this model to include whole community I think some of founders might get upset. ;)

Thanks ^ -^ I left that part board so a founder member can allow me to have a counter argument.

The Design council is to VOTE ON UP AND COMING UPDATES!.

While this would to be VOTE ON COMMUNITY BASED CONCEPTS(Skins, Warframes) that you would like to see in game ;)

The Design Council is to VOTE ON IDEAS THAT THE DE_'s ALREADY HAD IN MIND (Which is nice and all but it shuns out the rest of the community)

Having  a bridge connected to the community but only if you pay 100$ ? Seems Legit, when you stated before the releases of Warframe. (We want to build a Community based Game) I However didn't realize to get into the Community"Design Council" you would have to pay 100$ or more for. 

Now don't get me wrong I plan on paying the 250$ because I believe this game deserves support TO KEEP AIMING FOR THEIR INITIAL GOAL.

But my Way of thinking and my Goal of this thread is to bridge the Community"NON PAYERS" with the DE_'s as well. So they have a say on the game as well.

Where I know every change in this game has been produced by the Design Council Community is because where I came from..

Example Rumble Fighter: It's a Free 2 Play Fighting Game.

People enjoy playing. But much like this community the Company does not do what the Player like. Sure you got the Community(In Game) Complaining. But now you got the Forum-ers. THE FORUM-ERS IS ALMOST AS CLOSE TO THE DESIGN COUNCIL(With out the payment type) 

Don't get me wrong .... This game completely and utterly ignores their community.

They host Spenders events were if you spend enough money out of your pocket(as well as you have to spend that ingame cash) you have a chance to either

A get a timed item (not of your choice at all something you probably don't even want)

B Get a permanent Item that no one else can ever have

C Get a permanent Set that no one else can have.

For A you spend up to 20-40$ 

For B 50-70$

For C 100-125$

OUTRAGES and they used to do this every major update or every so often months.

While raking in the communities money They HAVE YET TO RELEASE ANY TYPE OF POPULAR CONCEPTS FROM THE COMMUNITY THAT HAS MANY SUPPORTS EVEN THEIR OWN COMMUNITY ADVISERS WOULD SUPPORT THE CONCEPT. 

Now that is just dam shameful for a company to only think about money and not its players. All they do is suck money in release content that only people with cash can buy every so 4-6 months release content you don't need to pay for.

I ranted a little to much off my point. Now for the bridge between the Design Council to this Other Games Community.

Basically the same thing

Design Council Get to vote on what should be done in the game Nerfs or Buffs

Other Game Community If they B%^ Long enough new content would be release as well as nerfs and buffs 

Thus Design Council Dictates the Path of Warframe for the rest of the community. Without taking into mind what the WHOLE Community would like. 

Get what I mean? You should seeing how you have that emblem baaah you know what I mean hahaha. 

Anyone with the emblem understands (It's the only reason you bought it. TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHATS COMING OUT BEFORE OTHERS VOTE ON IT) For just 100$ :D 

Again my way of thinking on this is different. It would not deprive the Will of the Council. 

Paying Members will only see the Excluding Content for the 100$ they paid.

Paying Members will only see the Up and coming Warframe ideas coming for the 100$ they paid

Paying Members will (You get my point you get what you pay for. and the descriptions shows what you paid for haha). 

~Love ThatGuyHD

• 3 months later...