Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition To Make Tank Gameplay Style Viable In High Levels

Darksouls40k

Hi, as gamer who likes to min / max I was polarizing my frost prime for a tank solo build and this was what i discovered

Right now the design of the gameplay in high levels (60+) u need to use ur abilities to survive or kill them fast enough to not be shot or u will be dead in a few seconds. The current impact of survival mods like vitality, redirection, steel fiber... in high levels consist in making u survive extra precious seconds but even using a tank warframe, ull feel fragile, which implies that there is no true tank gameplay style. My design idea is to release mods and/or tweak what already exists so that if someone puts all maxed survival mods in a tank warframe it can feel like a true tank in high level areas, lasting way more time than the very few seconds right now even if he goes all in guns blazing instead of kiting the enemy / runing / avoiding the enemy, cause lets face it, if ur doing any of those, u aren't playing a tank gameplay style.

As a side note i leave the feedback of how for example shields are so weak in high levels, my 1200 shield with frost is 1, 2 shot at level 60 + mobs making it a very marginal protection... stuff like that needs to be adressed to achieve the tank gameplay style...

Vote me if u subscribe the idea, pls only post if u have any relevant information/insight to add, ty for ur time ;)

Edited by Darksouls40k

yeah, I wanted to tank with my rhino when I first got him, but you are right It becomes near impossible at higher levels. it would be nice to do say if a team member goes down you could be like "HEY LOOK AT ME, ATTACK ME!!" and let someone else rez your teammate.

Use stomp if they don't die they are stunned for long enough to revive anyone

Rhino can hammer out his Iron skin and Frost can deploy his spherical ballistic shield, giving both rather impressive tanking abilities even during high-level missions. They can't tank without those abilities, that's true, but they can still take more punishment than any other frame.

Also in most other games featerung tanking mechanics you also get a heavily reduced damage output in return for your tanking abilities; so new mechanics/mods would need to also adress that or the tank frames would just turn into the default own-everything setup.

Every game eventually hits "Hard Mode" where you actually have to find and use cover to keep from dying. This is one of those games.

Asking for run and gun play to be viable into the really high levels is basically asking for whatever frame to be invincible at low levels, even unmodded. That's stupid.

Also in most other games featerung tanking mechanics you also get a heavily reduced damage output in return for your tanking abilities; so new mechanics/mods would need to also adress that or the tank frames would just turn into the default own-everything setup.

a mod featuring x% incoming damage reduction with x% damage output reduction. so you could sacrifice, say 50% of your dmg, for 50% dmg reduciton (numbers are just for show)

That's called Redirection, dude.

No, redirection increase the shield value.

Why not have a 1500 Shield whith 200% efficacity ?

A smaller shield can reload faster.

So you can have a 500 shield as effective than a 1000 shield but with a shorter reload time.

Edited by NoPr0n

No, redirection increase the shield value.

Why not have a 1500 Shield whith 200% efficacity ?

A smaller shield can reload faster.

So you can have a 500 shield as effective than a 1000 shield but with a shorter reload time.

Or in other words, a 50% damage reduction, just like the other guys are talking about. Except yours doesn't have the 50% output reduction trade off.

Edited by PettiTheYeti

Or in other words, a 50% damage reduction, just like the other guys are talking about. Except yours doesn't have the 50% output reduction trade off.

Yes but without the damage output reduction.

PS : I've just read the OP when i writed my first post.

Edited by NoPr0n

Yes but without the damage output reduction.

Yes, that's a brilliant idea. Let's put in a blatantly overpowered mod with no negative side effects so EVERYONE can run around as a tank.

This game is already unbalanced as hell. Adding a mod like that without a sacrifice is just going to increase the gap.

I'd wait for the Armor2.0 and damage rework. IMHO the root of the problem is that enemy armour/damage scales exponentially, and that the tankiest 'frames are reduced to tissue paper in front of these high-levelled enemies. The rework is supposed to alleviate that, and would probably make tanking more viable when you don't need to unload your entire arsenal to kill one enemy.

No mods have negative side effect !

Using a mod-slot  and the energy cost is already a side effect 

Plus the mod doesn't need a 200% value.
Just 50% (Maxed mod) could be good and worth a mod-slot

Edited by NoPr0n

No mods have negative side effect !

Using a mod-slot is already a side effect 

Plus the mod doesn't need a 200% value.

Just 50% (Maxed mod) could be good and worth a mod-slot

No mods have negative side effects because they wouldn't do the same kind of ridiculous unbalancing of the game as a huge damage reduction would. Even a smaller reduction of 25% reduction, or 15% reduction in damage taken could potentially change Excalibur's 600 total shields and health to an effective 1000 or so. Then throw in Redirection/Vitality/Vigor, and suddenly you have an Excalibur who can take more damage than Rhino's Iron Skin, even with a Focus mod.

This kind of mod would literally turn everything into a tank when stacked with the other survival mods.

Add  a negative side effect to only one mod is like saying  "F*ck you"  to all the actual  "positive-bonus" mod system.

You just need to balance the benefits with the energy cost.
In my opinion a mod-slot is already a big deal.

Plus 15% cost reduction on a 600 shield is equivalent to only 690 shield. Not 1000 and it's not completely unreasonable.

Edited by NoPr0n