Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are veterans really leaving?

Samhel

This game is akin to pretzels, chips, popcorn, and/or other assorted junkfoods.  You come back to it when you have the munchies but don't have an appetite for anything in particular.

And if any vets are leaving leaving, it's probably because they're treating the game like another green arrows game and bolting the moment they've got the best stuff.  Not really how this game is best played, believe it or not.  Unfortunately, undoing 10+ years of training in MMOs and some Borderlands is going to take more than Warframe can fix.  Gamers by and large have been trained to work towards the highest level and obtain the best gear and... not much else.  Pretty much why loot boxes worked in the first place (the predation of said mechanic came later.)

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

I feel like I'll leave sooner or later. I'm really in love with Warframe and I enjoy almost all of existing content, even repeating some. I want to "complete" it in any aspect (Codex, Mods, Syndicates, Even own all the cosmetics).

But what bothers me is devs' attitude. They run out of ideas on how to keep customers wanting to use their product on their own will, with joy, so they take a curve where they are lazy and force people to play their game (time-gated rewards via Nightwave, Kuva Lich stealing loot).

Not saying about them not giving a F about reappearance of previous NW rewards for players who own them.

Another/additional aspect is their stance on balancing things:

Design a powerful weapon; See that people actually use this weapon a lot; Judge people and nerf said weapon, justifying the nerf by people actually using this weapon. You got it - Catchmoon.

Also, still gotta check how new Melee will turn out.

So many players' great ideas of different reworks remain unnoticed...

Edit: Another thing I recalled now is them almost always missing deadlines. I mean, why do you even state any deadlines on public, if you won't do the thing in time?

Like, "Oh, no. Players need content! We are working on a massive update. It will take time... People get angrier? Okay, we have to drop something small like new warframe and a couple of guns... Oh, crap, we missed our work on that massive update because of dropping little ones. So, we have to DElay this. People will wait a bit more... Oh, they are getting angrier again? Okay, we'll create smth small again right now and ship that..."

And the cycle continues, you got it?

I'm worried about that all this situation will just kill the spirit Warframe once had 😞

Maybe they should take a look on creating another parallel project with different story (or not?) and genre?

Edited by bl1te

2 minutes ago, Bane38 said:

Yeah I don't think it was the best aproach, I am just kinda salty at these youtubers who rush and eat all the content and then complain about content drougth

Warframe is one of the few F2P games of these type with constant updates, so when DE takes a break from updates it breaks that "constant updates" mindset that most people are used to

And also keep in mind that they are working on 2 big projects (Railjack,New war)

Odd since when has de taken a break from constant updates aside from holiday updates?

I’ve always wanted a new game + just some level changes and 2x rewards. Vary little work on DEs part and new and harder content. Make it like 100 earth to 600-1000 void. Some reason to make a party to advance the star chart. A reason for people to complain about how CC is king and damage frames don’t do any damage.

i think it would be great for the game.

Veterans always leave and return when there is new stuff to do. Sadly DE cannot make content meant for veterans that is challenging, engaging and rewarding and NOT available/doable by casuals/new players otherwise the community would cry and the stuff would unavoidably be nerfed and dumbed down for "everybody" to enjoy it.

3 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Yes, there's no sustainable content, so these year long updates only last 2-3 weeks and the vets are over it. DE has had our goodwill for 3 years now, but it's worn thin. Hopefully they can pull a miracle out of whatever it is their working on.

Dude what? DE has worn out their goodwill by giving out free content? People are always gonna burn through content faster than DE can make it, and people who have 'finished' warframe obviously finish new content faster. This isn't a bad thing or unacceptable, if you've been able to play a game consistently for 3 years+ with like 2000+ hrs logged you have gotten your moneys worth. Except.. the game is free. Just because there isn't some constantly rewarding, infinitely replayable, constantly fresh, immune to burnout gamemode (which is a pretty unrealistic order), doesn't mean DE have expended goodwill. 

There's literally nothing wrong with putting a game down after you've finished all the content in it.. like.. that's Actually how most games are played. 

im taking a break of a year in hopes that by that time they bring enough content, right now there's nothing interesting to do anymore, in my personal experience im burned out of the core game-play, that game-play that kept me coming back again and again no longer does it for me, its just part of human nature to get bored at repetitive tasks, and i have already experience everything the game and the devs have to offer, im done, not even the nemesis sytem seems to take out the itch, even more after playing so many different games in the last few months.

its like tasting a good vanilla ice cream, but have been eating that so many times in a so frequent manner that one can no longer stand the flavor, even when you know its your favorite flavor every time you taste it you have grown sick of it, so you start trying other flavors and they taste so good you no longer feel bad about the taste of vanilla, you have so many other flavors to try!, and well that's what happened to me.  i sometimes like to see the forums to see whats the state of the game and the community, and it doesn't look pretty, in my personal opinion (it may be wrong) but warframe has run its course, right now its a game so big that the devs can no longer maintain it, there's bugs that it now takes years to be fixed, and content that even if the devs put their upmost effort in them they get consumed in hours, compared to the time they take to develop

and at this point many people have realized this cycle of years of development for so little content, and the new content that is coming out its only going to work for a few months before it gets abandoned is something that is not going to change, and its only going to get worse, that's why many you tubers who used to cover warframe are going for other games, warframe as a game and as a concept is starting to become old. i don't doubt warframe is getting new players all the time to replace the vets who got sick of the flavor of warframe, but warframe's popularity is no longer what it used to be, not that warframe has been really popular to begin with, but it was exiting before, now the game and the devs have run out of tricks, and the vets have seen them all.

Edited by Toppien

Dude. Any person that plays a game for 5 years in gonna leave no matter what.

I came here from a game that I've played for 7 years, and before that I came to that game from a game I played for 5 years there was 1 more before that one as well.

It's no one's fault. And if anyone expected a company to stay the exact same after 5 years, you're just not that informed. It's the type of people that get upset at a music artist for not making the same exact music for their entire decade long career. 

Things, people, places will change. 

1 hour ago, Diavoros said:

Veterans always leave and return when there is new stuff to do. Sadly DE cannot make content meant for veterans that is challenging, engaging and rewarding and NOT available/doable by casuals/new players otherwise the community would cry and the stuff would unavoidably be nerfed and dumbed down for "everybody" to enjoy it.

The business model would collapse.  

Hello, inconvenient truth.  It’s been a while.  

Oh wait, nemesis system.  NVM.

i'm not leaving perse, but i don't really login for very long, just ticking the counters on the free handouts and doing some Eidolon Hunting here and there, while i wonder about if there'll ever be stuff to actually do again.
before and after Warframe, i own/play hundreds of games - i'm not beholden to this one irregardless of how much i love the Parkour system (which is a lot).

i've already been burned on money spent in the past anyways, from parts of the game that i voted with my wallet on being turned into AFKFarming, so that certainly raises the standards even higher.

Edited by taiiat