Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are veterans really leaving?

Samhel

Started WF, played till MR11ish, then took a 6-8 month break and played other games.
Came back, still playing at MR27, but take breaks every now and then when new games that I want to play come out.

The beauty of a free to play game is that you can leave and come back anytime you feel like it / when there's
new content available. Am actually more surprised if you don't need a break after playing the same game all the time for so long.

It's odd at how some people would feel the need to make it a grand, public event to tell the whole world
that they're leaving game X,Y,Z complete with theatrics. No one's forcing them to stay or come back whenever they want.

warframe its not a life or 5 stars game.....there is anothers very good like destiny 2, grim dawn, path of exile, killing floor 2, monster hunter....etc

Warframe is getting old but the last updates are not helping much to keep players....everything is very shallow and combat system against bosses is one of the most annoying in my opinion.  Warframe for begginers its not friendly...never was...always very complicated to understand the entire game because dont have any type of tutorial....so....potential new players leave after first missions....

6 hours ago, Bane38 said:

Image result for kuva lich warframe  Am I a joke to you?

Technically it will be a joke since its literally going to turn into a kuva weapon farming simulator, especially with 4-5 new weapons are supposedly coming with it, so pretty much anything that is not one of the variants of a powerful weapon or those selected several new weapons, is useless garbo that will likely get deleted and just like with trash riven mods, be destroyed instead of bothering to try and `sell it` to other players. Its locked behind a bunch of grind then actual difficulty to take down the thing. Plus people will be able to `exchange kuva liches` to get one they want, at best its just Your own personal stalker acolyte you can hunt down, except your aiming for its weapon or showing it `DA TENNO WEI`.

Honestly the fact its tied to relic system is annoying enough since thats basically 3 grinds in one already, 1. Fetching the relic, 2. Getting the Trace stock to make them radiant and 3. running in groups with the same relic all at radiant tier to get the specific parts.

Plus we have to stalk his minion`s nodes just to figure out what is his `cringe words` and then said mods can vanish? Yeah it sounds more like a boring grind then a actual endgame. Especially when the thing is more of a solo thing, but basically regulates getting the stuff via full group farming shenigans, the same gag plenty of people have painful fun with, on getting prime parts, forma and ducats.

Edited by Avienas

2 hours ago, CephKaron said:

Dude what? DE has worn out their goodwill by giving out free content? People are always gonna burn through content faster than DE can make it

Sorry you're [narrow minded], not even worth discussing anything with you

14 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Technically it will be a joke since its literally going to turn into a kuva weapon farming simulator, especially with 4-5 new weapons are supposedly coming with it, so pretty much anything that is not one of the variants of a powerful weapon or those selected several new weapons, is useless garbo that will likely get deleted and just like with trash riven mods, be destroyed instead of bothering to try and `sell it` to other players. Its locked behind a bunch of grind then actual difficulty to take down the thing. Plus people will be able to `exchange kuva liches` to get one they want, at best its just Your own personal stalker acolyte you can hunt down, except your aiming for its weapon or showing it `DA TENNO WEI`.

Honestly the fact its tied to relic system is annoying enough since thats basically 3 grinds in one already, 1. Fetching the relic, 2. Getting the Trace stock to make them radiant and 3. running in groups with the same relic all at radiant tier to get the specific parts.

Plus we have to stalk his minion`s nodes just to figure out what is his `cringe words` and then said mods can vanish? Yeah it sounds more like a boring grind then a actual endgame. Especially when the thing is more of a solo thing, but basically regulates getting the stuff via full group farming shenigans, the same gag plenty of people have painful fun with, on getting prime parts, forma and ducats.

And then when you use the mods you gathered on your Parazon in the right order, they are consumed for vanquishing the Kuva lich. Befriend the lich and don't get the weapon, kill them to keep the weapon for your own (get some more weapon slots). It seems like it is designed to heavily geared to just eat time for little lasting reward.

7 minutes ago, Urlan said:

And then when you use the mods you gathered on your Parazon in the right order, they are consumed for vanquishing the Kuva lich. Befriend the lich and don't get the weapon, kill them to keep the weapon for your own (get some more weapon slots). It seems like it is designed to heavily geared to just eat time for little lasting reward.

Exactly, honestly the fact its not giving out any extra rewards to sweeten the deal doesn`t help either, especially when D.E. already had to grand-stand the idea of them having galleon ships we would do some multi-interaction battle between a rail jack, the squad link and some other bits before we actually can take them down, once they grow to that much. But now that its sounding like that would not be as much of a part of it, it probably just turn into us going thru something like sarga ruk`s galleon and we fight the kuva lich in sargas ruk`s boss arena section.

Well, basically giving me that reminder of why i enjoyed Destiny Raids in general alot, despite the fact i never enjoyed using a reddit and usually require a mic & headset for them, since they were multi-stage fights you just went into the raid, do the mechanics, get rewarded during each SEGMENT and had the extra bonus to go as far to double/triple the goods to boot. Plus had tokens to where i could still exchange for specific goods if all i got was trash guns/shader bits.

D.E. clearly could not bother to include side bonus loot, except the stuff we likely recover from the lich`s minions, which for longer-term players, will be insignificant in so many ways. Since who gives much of a care if 100~300 of a resource or 5000 credits got yoinked? We already can make hundreds of thousands of those in dark sector and multi-digit millions of credits in index, even at the lowest tier, Oh does not help they only can yoink the stuff if you do the specific missions to chase after them to begin with. Shame we don`t simply pillage them for void traces to make things easier to work on those requiem relics as a nice chain of events to make said kuva lich beat-down flow better.

Edited by Avienas

7 hours ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game? And why exactly? And why doesn't DE do anything about it? Like concentrating a little bit on new challenging content or something?

I'm still here boi, 7 years almost.

Not sure they are leaving, they (myself included) just don't have much interest to play and take a break until something actual worth putting some time into comes along. 

For the first time in a long time, I did not do yesterday's sortie (radiation MD, low energy survival, and ambulas with something I didn't even read the whole thing) not because it's hard but cause I knew it would be taking 30 minutes minimum to finish. 

And thought "not worth it, I will play something else". 

If one of the only reasons I used to log into the game is no longer worth playing I will find less and less reasons to login to the game. 

Used to have a relatively active clan and alliance once upon a while, can hear the tumbleweeds nowadays so the social aspect is also not pulling me. 

I do look forward to the upcoming update, but until then... Disco elysium seems good so far. 

You don't really leave if you love Warframe as a vet, you just try other games, well I do anyways...Currently I'm juggling Stellaris, No Man's Sky, Elite Dangerous, and Warframe...When Death Stranding launches I'll be paying close attention to it and see how it fairs with those I trust when it comes to reviews...and so far they are liking Outer Worlds so I might have to give that a shot...But I'll log into Warframe to collect and start a forma, run my sortie, maybe hit a Eidolon Hunt...Level anything outstanding and then call it a morning...NMS and Elite Dangerous will probably be halted to make room if DS is good...

I'm not helping new players as a end game veteran activity..simply because I don't have the time to invest in the new game experience all over again...and it's not like DE hasn't made it easy for them compared to where vets started in year 1...

Look as for the content drought yes its real..so's Youtube shutting down the gravy train..so I wouldn't be surprised if some of the former WF YouTubers and maybe some forum trolls are being paid to tear down Warframe, considering how much money was spent to break free from a certain publisher by another unnamed competitor seeking to gain paying customers (whales) from a finite amount of players who like said Sci-Fi shooters...especially when the backer of said money is in another country looking to win at all costs that we won't mention by name...Tin foil hats on my brothers...but still considering what we live in..sure why not...

1 hour ago, Avienas said:

Exactly, honestly the fact its not giving out any extra rewards to sweeten the deal doesn`t help either, especially when D.E. already had to grand-stand the idea of them having galleon ships we would do some multi-interaction battle between a rail jack, the squad link and some other bits before we actually can take them down, once they grow to that much. But now that its sounding like that would not be as much of a part of it, it probably just turn into us going thru something like sarga ruk`s galleon and we fight the kuva lich in sargas ruk`s boss arena section.

Well, basically giving me that reminder of why i enjoyed Destiny Raids in general alot, despite the fact i never enjoyed using a reddit and usually require a mic & headset for them, since they were multi-stage fights you just went into the raid, do the mechanics, get rewarded during each SEGMENT and had the extra bonus to go as far to double/triple the goods to boot. Plus had tokens to where i could still exchange for specific goods if all i got was trash guns/shader bits.

D.E. clearly could not bother to include side bonus loot, except the stuff we likely recover from the lich`s minions, which for longer-term players, will be insignificant in so many ways. Since who gives much of a care if 100~300 of a resource or 5000 credits got yoinked? We already can make hundreds of thousands of those in dark sector and multi-digit millions of credits in index, even at the lowest tier, Oh does not help they only can yoink the stuff if you do the specific missions to chase after them to begin with. Shame we don`t simply pillage them for void traces to make things easier to work on those requiem relics as a nice chain of events to make said kuva lich beat-down flow better.

Well said.

Do we even get rewards from the minion captures other than a standard mission reward?

9 hours ago, Samhel said:

Are our warframe veteran players really leaving this game? And why exactly? And why doesn't DE do anything about it? Like concentrating a little bit on new challenging content or something?

We come back when there's a new item. Having everything in the game maxed out and owned, and every mod maxed out, builds are done, etc. Nothing to do unless you want to stockpile things. That's my story at least, been here since rhino prime was first released, just waiting for that MR28 to be available

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Dex Xean said:

with the amount of time and farming I have done in this game. Ill always be here for updates and nightwave otherwise other games inbetween.

Honesty mine is more of a slight irony where i want to reduce the amount of time i spent on warframe by clearing out what i need (R.I.P. i still have a couple of more months to get primed shred and absolutely kill my care of login rewards)...part of that being so i grind so much, that i could literally stop playing for 2-3 months and not be screwed over that much when a prime drops or something.

But the small twist of the knife is i can`t find any f2p games that are satisfactory for me enough on the PS4`s PSN store. TERA just gets boring after going thru 3-4 classes of WoW-like bleh playing, plenty of other games just feel more tedious-ly bland then even warframe`s grind. Games like Space Lords looks visually nice but being forced to play as 1vs4 on top of 4vs1 sometimes (Antagonist thing), just so i can get a high score on both sides to get large amounts of loot at the end of the month can kill loads of fun. Competitive focus only games are something i am not a fan of sticking with, aka why Smite, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Paladins and so many more never kept my interest too, could eventually, but i rather not list out too heavily on why i never could engross myself on games that are purely PvP content, even when said game does not pull things like MOBA like grind/paywalls to access other characters to make use of.

...Shame haven`t really seen much of an update on Phantasy Star online 2`s global coming, since last i heard, It would not be coming to PS4, which i assume was Sony just being stupid to miss out on one of the best titles, any platform should not be skipping out on, especially with what kind of popular backing the Phantasy star online series gives, especially so with PSO2.

Well, probably if i do a few more diggings, compromises and actually invest in a mic head-set then i have `certain` options i could use as my actual break from warframe, that isn`t named Borderlands 3 or more simple games like Dragon Quest Builders 2.

Edited by Avienas

I know at least half a dozen not including me who have "left" Warframe until new content gets here. It has to do with there not being anything worth doing (worth not "well you haven't done everything so how are you bored?) and frankly even with this new update it won't push anyone to MR28 and Grendal doesn't sound like he's going to become a staple Warframe. the Kavat I have no idea what it does but will it out place Smeeta? Doubt it. 

Kuva Lichs cool but we don't really know how well they'll play out in the long run. Will it be something worth investing in or will it become yet another mission invader where you don't care as you already got everything off it. 

And then the melee update/nerfs it's clearly not going to be all bad nor all good to the point DE's not even touching rivens on this update. 

As for what we have been playing? Destiny 2, The Outer Worlds. And before that Borderlands 3. 

Edited by Fire2box

Most people who "leave" are the ones who try some other games for a while and come back later or just sort of... wander off, never to return. It's like that little bit about childhood friends. One day was the last day you and your friends ever played together outside. No one planned it, no one announced it. It just happened. 

I have about 4k active gameplay hours. And honestly, lately I have bits where I don't play for a few days or even a week. Simply because I have other things to do. Difference is the spice of life and Warframe, for all it's intricacies and variables, can get stale. 

Every so often I check up on news regarding Warframe and I heard Empyrean might be the start of adjustments to player damage that would actually make there be effort involved in killing enemies, but I exhausted all the things I wanted to play here, none of the carefully and painstakingly written feedback I wrote was ever considered at all, and nothing will ever change when there is a consistent portion of the population that curls up into a ball and cries when the devs mention they nerfing something they think is too powerful. Frankly I got fed up with everything.

The game I wish everyone here would learn from is Final Fantasy XIV. I think the relationship between the developers and the playerbase for that game is incredibly healthy and empowers the devs to do right by their game and their players. Never change YoshiP.