Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave is not great.

(NSW)TheFrontz

i've been playing warframe on switch since day one and gone thru most of the game just max ranking everything is all i have left to do until the new war a few months ago you guys brought us the nightwave series your version of a battle pass i didn't like it then thought it was a bad idea thought it didnt work for this game and after 2 series and 1 intermission finished and the second intermission underway i'd have to say the nightwave was a HORRIBLE idea first off instead of following trends you should be setting trends second a battle pass system really dosent work for the way warframe is sturctured needing to gather all weapons warframes etc to get to mastery rank 30 when it is available the challenges are repeated every single season or intermission you can acquire almost everything in the pass in the game already i mean come on 200 Ducats please you can crack 2 to 6 relics and exchange those for that much or more 40,000 kuva not a problem either i mean yeah a warframe slot is nice to get for free but its not enough really this entire nightwave experiment is a failure thier is literally not enough you can do to nightwave to make it enjoyable

Edited by Haldos
Edited by Moderator.

im just giving my opinion and if people dont like it IDGAF the nightwave sucks and was a stupid idea to follow trends that fortnite and games like that have done way way better i play destiny 2 since it went free to play and they have a battle pass and its way better then this one by a mile

12 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

im just giving my opinion and if people dont like it IDGAF the nightwave sucks and was a stupid idea to follow trends that fortnite and games like that have done way way better i play destiny 2 since it went free to play and they have a battle pass and its way better then this one by a mile

So, is this a "destiny 2 good" thread in disguise? And did you pay for that? How much money did you pay for nightwave? 

Edited by Letter13
Quotes of removed posts removed.

4 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

So, is this a "destiny 2 good" thread in disguise? And did you pay for that? How much money did you pay for nightwave?

no just giving an example of a better use of a battle pass warframe should be doing its own thing and not follow trends and i never said i bought the battle pass in D2 just the rewards that are available are better imo

Just now, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

no just giving an example of a better use of a battle pass warframe should be doing its own thing and not follow trends and i never said i bought the battle pass in D2 just the rewards that are available are better imo

But destiny 2 is *gasp* following trends by having a paid battle pass. You can't say one game that isn't even charging you shouldn't but say a game that offers a price tag should. That's called being hypocritical.

1 hour ago, Sajochi said:

But destiny 2 is *gasp* following trends by having a paid battle pass. You can't say one game that isn't even charging you shouldn't but say a game that offers a price tag should. That's called being hypocritical.

Sorry dude, Warframe sucks.

Yeah, Nightwave is dull, unrewarding, and repetitive. Umbra forma and some cosmetics are the only actual reward there. But meh, not worth really to get through all that boredom of doing some chores to get that stuff. If I play Warframe, I'm gonna play it by my own terms and enjoying it by playing the way I want. If I wanted to work, I would just go and look for a job. Gaming is my lifestyle because I can play however I want, not to be working inside games. 

Edited by BLI7Z

1 hour ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

Except NW "pass" doesn't require $$$$$ to get the better side of the pass. Fortnite, Apex, Destiny 2 all charge for another "layer" that has way better rewards than the free layer.

3 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

i've been playing warframe on switch since day one and gone thru most of the game just max ranking everything is all i have left to do until the new war a few months ago you guys brought us the nightwave series your version of a battle pass i didn't like it then thought it was a bad idea thought it didnt work for this game and after 2 series and 1 intermission finished and the second intermission underway i'd have to say the nightwave was a HORRIBLE idea first off instead of following trends you should be setting trends second a battle pass system really dosent work for the way warframe is sturctured needing to gather all weapons warframes etc to get to mastery rank 30 when it is available the challenges are repeated every single season or intermission you can acquire almost everything in the pass in the game already i mean come on 200 Ducats please you can crack 2 to 6 relics and exchange those for that much or more 40,000 kuva not a problem either i mean yeah a warframe slot is nice to get for free but its not enough really this entire nightwave experiment is a failure thier is literally not enough you can do to nightwave to make it enjoyable

battlepass a progression system with free an premium options
nightwave only a free option that grants you items but also ability to buy various things from its build in shop, an ability to recover old weekly challanges

The intermission nightwave is a system to allow players to get things from previous nightwave seasons with filler items. So im sorry that DE cant have 100% original items in every nightwave rank.
The nightwave is to be something else players CAN do but dont have to do if they dont want to, you are not locked into doing the nightwave as i have yet to see any missions that say 😄 sorry you cant do this mission until you reach rank so an so in the nightwave.
The rewards in each nightwave season an intermission isnt based around you 😮 so maybe DE based the items more around newer to mid rank players. They have said you will be able to get previous nightwave items if you missed them so stop looking at things through a narrow barrel an look at the bigger picture.
U.U i know its a asking alot that you look beyond yourself in terms of content but guess what warframe isnt a game made just for you an you alone.

1 hour ago, BLI7Z said:

Yeah, Nightwave is dull, unrewarding, and repetitive. Umbra forma and some cosmetics are the only actual reward there. But meh, not worth really to get through all that boredom of doing some chores to get that stuff. If I play Warframe, I'm gonna play it by my own terms and enjoying it by playing the way I want. If I wanted to work, I would just go and look for a job. Gaming is my lifestyle because I can play however I want, not to be working inside games. 

I don't understand this. If you don't value the rewards and find it boring why not just ignore it? It seems odd you are talking about Nightwave when it has virtually no bearing on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I don't understand this. If you don't value the rewards and find it boring why not just ignore it? It seems odd you are talking about Nightwave when it has virtually no bearing on you.

Because, as I said, it has Umbra Formas and some cosmetic rewards... and you gotta go to the last tiers to get those. I always hope Nightwave was some new kind of mapstyle or syndicate like faction, instead of the aberration it is. 

5 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

Because, as I said, it has Umbra Formas and some cosmetic rewards... and you gotta go to the last tiers to get those. I always hope Nightwave was some new kind of mapstyle or syndicate like faction, instead of the aberration it is. 

But that implies that it is rewarding and worth going through the tedious chore.

Here's how I see it. Nightwave is fine if it's a tagalong.

If lots of stuff would be happening in the game and you would passively fill up that bar while playing - it would be a fine enhancement. Nightwave is really boring and can feel like a chore, once it's the only thing you focus on.

To me it feels like a double edged sword. I think it enhances the game, when it's rich in content and other tasks - but can be detrimental and lead to more burn out, when the game is stale and in a drought.

To go even further: it's like a sidedish. It's great as a side, but you wouldn't want your diet to only consist of sidedishes for months.