Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cheating In Randoms?

SolidBeer

I have a question that the community can voice an opinion in but can only be answered by someone involved with management of the game.

If I go into a random public mission and the host has hacks/cheats running in his/her game, why will I get banned?

I have nothing to do with the cheats, it's a random grouping of players, not a private/solo/invite only game. It's a "random" bunch of people in a game together.

I bring this up after reading a post yesterday about someone that received a ban because they were in a random game with the host running cheats/hacks.

Just would like a little clarification about this.

i belive if this happens you must ask a support about this. however i saw this post as well and what is troubles me, guy was banned in support as well.(!) although we may not know the details.

eula is clear - you do not use cheats or you will be punished.

however situation indeed may looks like that innocent can be caught by impact of banhammer's force field.

Edited by Althix

I think the reason why it bans the clients of that situation is due to the fact it sends the hacked files to your folders when you join (update to host) so after the game is done, the system scans all of the files, sees the hacked file and acts off of that... not what happened before hand. However, being banned from support... I think that's a bit much. Clients don't really have much choice if they accidently joined a hacked lobby in a random join. There could also be a chance of someone hosting a Void and use a Hack there and just get 3 randoms banned if he/she invited them. Several means of bait and innocent bans. Hopefully a better system will form later, but they shouldn't be too harsh in that situation.

From what I personally saw - you will be banned for joining random game with cheaters, there will be no warning.

It does not matter for DE if you was not aware that the game was cheated, they'll ban you anyway, and then ban you in support, so no appeal.

That fact make me think that DE is getting petty hostile towards community, banning innocent players for just playing their game with other random players is too much.

Even if those players had no idea if host (or other player in cell) was cheating, they will still be banned without appeal.

DE should take an example of how bliz support works, they never ban people for just anything and even in worst case there is still a good chance to be unbanned.

I actualy saw the same situation with one of my clanmates. I'm 100% sure he wouldnt't cheat himself and tells true that he just joined Kiste mission with some randoms, didn't pay any attention to mission results and at the end got permabanned. Support desk didn't help him. Only an automated letter and ther is it...

May it be just because he didn't bougth any plat....

Edit: spell check

Edited by Lis87

The Support is very friendly, they'll take a look at it and try to fix it if something goes wrong.

You can feel safe, even if you get banned ''temporarily'' because the host was cheating.

They are friendly but it can take two weeks or more to get unbanned. When this happens to you more than once you are not happy, trust me.

Edited by Keiiken

They are friendly but it can take two weeks or more to get unbanned. When this happens to you more than once you are not happy, trust me.

Oh well, the support once gave me a response in 20 minutes, because I had to change my email.

They changed it in about an hour, because I had to answer some questions and stuff.

• 3 weeks later...