Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remembrance / Veterans Day Support

CuChulainnWD

Why doesn't DE and Warframe observe Remembrance day? We play a militarised style game; why can we not take time to remember our Veterans from the 1st to 11th November, with a plat purchasable in game wearable poppy with the proceeds donated to Veterans/ Legion?

For Lore buffs it could be a remembrance for fallen Tenno and Dax soldiers. Heck, even the Grineer might get in on the act.

1 hour ago, DarthIronclad said:

Looks like another missed chance for DE to earn some money as well...also that week can also be a decent time to fit in an event or a tactical alert...

Agreed, they could do the tiered event sponsorship events like they have done for Christmas.

4 hours ago, grindbert said:

because warframe is played by more than just a handful of people from a place with an overglorified military.

Fascinating, if you are not aware, Remembrance Day is a Common Wealth Nations event. Which is more than just a handful of people. Never mind the rest of the NATO alliance members. Remembrance day is honoured in Canada, which is the country from which this game is made. Veterans day is the US honoring of their veterans and fallen. Both stem from the 1st World War and now are used to mark the conflicts our nations have been involved in since.

We do not consider our military to be "Over glorified". Please step down off your high horse, and keep in mind the service and sacrifices made that benefit you to say such things.

Otherwise thankyou for taking the time to besmirch Canadian/British, European and American values. Maybe we should not be marking Halloween, Christmas, Easter, Spring Festival, or the Cancer Society. Yeah know... western values.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

You know, usually I'd be a jerk about stuff like this, but... I think your idea is quite reasonable. I don't see any problem with it and it's not out of the realm of what DE does.

I'm indifferent but if you wanted me to vote, sure, why not.