Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hallowed Flame fps exploit

---RV---Maniac

For the tactical alert missions, if the host has apc running warframe on low fps, the lantern will burn out slower, it's much easier and safe.
Proven here.
https://imgur.com/a/EwJTrxQ
You can tell who uses this to their advantage based on end screen rewards and the amount of points start to desync with the time you spent in the mission. Seems you actually get less than 1 point per second. People that use this will get less points in the same amount of time compared to a normal, however since it's a lot safer you can just go for longer period of time to compensate.
60fps from 100% to 0% is 32 seconds. 
30fps from 100% to 0% is 46 seconds. 
8fps from 100% to 0% is 1 minute 24 seconds not only that, but on 8fps the drain doesnt even start until like 25 seconds.
A great advantage. All you have to do is run warframe on low fps as the mission host, everyone else that connects will have a higher ping cause of it but will still have a much easier time on the event.

People have been using this to climb in the leaderboards for the event.
It should be said, that people with low pcs might end up doing this without realizing.

Since your suposed to be geting 1 point per second on endless, if you compare points to time in the mission and there is a huge diference between points and seconds spent in the mission, you can tell the host was running on low fps and using this tactic. DE should have the stats available for the mission to check.
Hopefully you will bring an hotfix soon, since people are starting to pick up on this and climbing the leaderboards using it.

Not sure about any lag issues or this FPS thing, but you can NEVER get 1 point per second or have mission time = points, since you start to accumulate points ONLY after you activate the lantern. In some missions you may get the lantern quickly, but I had some runs where we took a while to get it and mission time is way higher them mission score time because we didn't kill the Zealoid and thus Hallowed Flame was not active. So, end screen doesn't show points desync-ing, just how much time were you actually gaining points for during your mission time. 

Hope this info helps you hone in on the issue that you are having with lag or FPS. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Neo-Spank said:

but you can NEVER get 1 point per second or have mission time = points

There are 3 things:
1. Mission time
2. Survival time
3. Hallowed Flame score.

Ignore mission time, because of solo pause and delay to start survival time and score.

I have noticed the hallowed frame go a little slower then 1 second for each score, thinking it will take 16 minutes to reach 900 score. My guess from this FPS bugs, survival time and score may not be the same, when both the survival time and score starts to go up at the same time.

Even at constant 60 fps host (me) there was a moderate desync between points and lantern timer, we got to 900 at 15:30 ish. 

Then again if you do it purposefully to climb leaderboards in an event where leaderboards don't even matter you really are a small person... 

16 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

For the tactical alert missions, if the host has apc running warframe on low fps, the lantern will burn out slower, it's much easier and safe.
Proven here.
https://imgur.com/a/EwJTrxQ
You can tell who uses this to their advantage based on end screen rewards and the amount of points start to desync with the time you spent in the mission. Seems you actually get less than 1 point per second. People that use this will get less points in the same amount of time compared to a normal, however since it's a lot safer you can just go for longer period of time to compensate.
60fps from 100% to 0% is 32 seconds. 
30fps from 100% to 0% is 46 seconds. 
8fps from 100% to 0% is 1 minute 24 seconds not only that, but on 8fps the drain doesnt even start until like 25 seconds.
A great advantage. All you have to do is run warframe on low fps as the mission host, everyone else that connects will have a higher ping cause of it but will still have a much easier time on the event.

People have been using this to climb in the leaderboards for the event.
It should be said, that people with low pcs might end up doing this without realizing.

Since your suposed to be geting 1 point per second on endless, if you compare points to time in the mission and there is a huge diference between points and seconds spent in the mission, you can tell the host was running on low fps and using this tactic. DE should have the stats available for the mission to check.
Hopefully you will bring an hotfix soon, since people are starting to pick up on this and climbing the leaderboards using it.

So for me, who plays on 'no limit' for their FPS and v-sync off (if that also affects it), bobbing roughly around 110-120fps during the runs, accidentally made this Halloween tac-alert harder on myself when I ran it solo? It felt a bit crazy and slightly painful as I approached those 15 minute marks in my last minute of the runs. Oh well, at least I got it done. @[DE]Tweep is anything going to be done about this exploit? Or are you guys ultimately just leaving it as is?

Edited by BlindStalker

5 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

So for me, who plays on 'no limit' for their FPS and v-sync off (if that also affects it), bobbing roughly around 110-120fps during the runs, accidentally made this Halloween tac-alert harder on myself when I ran it solo? It felt a bit crazy and slightly painful as I approached those 15 minute marks in my last minute of the runs. Oh well, at least I got it done. @[DE]Tweep is anything going to be done about this exploit? Or are you guys ultimately just leaving it as is?

That's correct ^^

They just fixed a similar fps thing on Klamora & Lega Prism a month ago or so, where higher FPS resulted in almost an insta drain of your ammo pool , i would have expected the event to be more tested through since such FPS relations to some mechanics aren't uncommon in WF

Edited by arm4geddon-117

13 minutes ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

That's correct ^^

They just fixed a similar fps thing on Klamora & Lega Prism a month ago or so, where higher FPS resulted in almost an insta drain of your ammo pool , i would have expected the event to be more tested through since such FPS relations to some mechanics aren't uncommon in WF

No wonder I felt spent as I just passed that 15 minute mark lol. Well I'm glad I got it done anyways. I just hope the Naberus Ephemera stays after we've got it. I didn't quite get a full explanation from Danielle's post under the FAQ of the hallowed flame alert page. They just said it was seasonal and would return again, but I'm not really sure if its staying in our inventory afterwards for those that completed the endurance run.